PDA

View Full Version : It's Official!!!!: Ramses Barden is NOT Sinorice Moss 2.0

gian_18778
09-21-2012, 09:21 PM
It was certainly a gratifying feeling watching him put up career numbers last night, after most of us thought we would not make the team earlier this year. The Giants fans and organization, has waited patiently for him to turn the corner, and it looks like he has.

slipknottin
09-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Moss still had more yards, more TDs, and more catches in his 4 years with the giants

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 09:26 PM
it seems a lot of analysts i feel are respectable are enamored with what barden showed us. he was dominant last night, epic performance from him thats earned him quality snaps.

GameTime
09-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Moss still had more yards, more TDs, and more catches in his 4 years with the giants
I would venture to guess he had more targets and more games played.
To my recolection MOss never had a game like Barden did. Now Barden still has a bunch to prove so lets wait and see.

BigBlue1971
09-21-2012, 09:28 PM
lets hope Barden will soon wipe all of Moss's records out and begin an explosion of his own!

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-21-2012, 09:31 PM
It was certainly a gratifying feeling watching him put up career numbers last night, after most of us thought we would not make the team earlier this year. The Giants fans and organization, has waited patiently for him to turn the corner, and it looks like he has.Not even close, bud. How can you even compare???? We already knew about Sinorice. I hated barden very much , notice I didnt capitalize his name. he got lucky we ran out of WRs' . Four years is tooooooo much time to show up. Glad he did. The coaching staff saw something we did not. Maybe now he will read the PlayBook..

Rod-Diggity
09-21-2012, 09:45 PM
yes so happy barden catches the ball and turns straight up the field and not catches the ball and goes backwards and cost us first downs lol anybody remember that?

moosedrool
09-21-2012, 09:48 PM
It's Official!!!!: Ramses Barden is NOT Sinorice Moss 2.0 (http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?19731-It-s-Official!!!!-Ramses-Barden-is-NOT-Sinorice-Moss-2.0) .

Yea he's 10 inches taller. How anybody would even think of comparing the two is beyond me.

slipknottin
09-21-2012, 10:11 PM
I would venture to guess he had more targets and more games played.
To my recolection MOss never had a game like Barden did. Now Barden still has a bunch to prove so lets wait and see.

So now its a positive that Barden has spent more time inactive or injured than Moss?

GameTime
09-21-2012, 10:19 PM
So now its a positive that Barden has spent more time inactive or injured than Moss?
not saying its a positve just saying he has less time in the game then Moss did. Hey....the kid got in and played a very good game. Like I said he still has a bunch to prove.

tonyt830
09-21-2012, 10:25 PM
Barden is in his 4th year now, and he showed some skills last night. But I would still like to see him get more reps in the coming games, so he can continue to improve and be consistent. He ran good routes, got some separation and made good catches last night. Now he was going against a 6th rd(?) rookie CB, so I would like to see more of him vs other seasoned vet CBs.

krygny
09-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Barden was called "a project" from the time he was drafted. The Giants openly said he would need development. Personally, I didn't expect it to take this long and if it weren't for multiple injuries, it probably wouldn't have. But he was on the bubble in training camp this year. Like Cruz was last year. Interesting.

Sinorice Moss was just a bust.

Giants5699
09-21-2012, 10:27 PM

You need to eat your crow. You said it was "impossible" for Barden to be beast in one game... and then backed it up with some BS stats that really had nothing to do with the situation.

slipknottin
09-21-2012, 10:33 PM
You need to eat your crow. You said it was "impossible" for Barden to be beast in one game... and then backed it up with some BS stats that really had nothing to do with the situation.

What are you talking about? What BS stat? Barden had a good game. Still no TDs despite everyone claiming he is a "redzone threat". Was left wide open most of the game. When he was covered it was by a 5th round rookie. Lets see Barden do this against some good quality DBs before we go anointing him a great receiver.

nycisgreat
09-21-2012, 10:59 PM

Lmao, You just have an insatiable hate for Barden. Anything positive said about him sets you off.

slipknottin
09-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Lmao, You just have an insatiable hate for Barden. Anything positive said about him sets you off.

I dont have any hate for Barden. Ive said many times I hope he becomes a great receiver.

Giants5699
09-21-2012, 11:11 PM
What are you talking about? What BS stat? Barden had a good game. Still no TDs despite everyone claiming he is a "redzone threat". Was left wide open most of the game. When he was covered it was by a 5th round rookie. Lets see Barden do this against some good quality DBs before we go anointing him a great receiver.

Keep drinking the haterade. It's too much to ask for Giants fans to be optimistic...

joemorrisforprez
09-22-2012, 12:01 AM
Eli has a ton of weapons now.

myles2424
09-22-2012, 01:42 AM
I'm happy for barden & he definetly suprised me.....but I need to see a big showing from him against another CB that isn't a rookie 5th round pick from Costal Carolina

Captain Chaos
09-22-2012, 08:02 AM

You still disappointed that they got rid of Moss?

I'ts obvious that he is not your favorite player but can't you even be a little happy for Barden?

Diamondring
09-22-2012, 10:18 AM
What are you talking about? What BS stat? Barden had a good game. Still no TDs despite everyone claiming he is a "redzone threat". Was left wide open most of the game. When he was covered it was by a 5th round rookie. Lets see Barden do this against some good quality DBs before we go anointing him a great receiver.This is not sarcasm. I want Barden to see this cause this man is right on the money. Barden, if you are looking at this, you did nothing special. I also want to see you play against better dbs so get to it Barden.

GameTime
09-22-2012, 10:35 AM
This is not sarcasm. I want Barden to see this cause this man is right on the money. Barden, if you are looking at this, you did nothing special. I also want to see you play against better dbs so get to it Barden.
come on man....give Barden a bit of credit. Its not like he caught three passes for 45 yards. he made some really nice plays and some of them in traffic too.
He cant control who is covering him either. I still want to see more from the kid but he deserves some accolades. As much as I have dogged him over the years and especially this preseason I can still see he may have truned a corner. Or at least there is some hope now that he can contribute on a game to game basis.

juice33s
09-22-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm happy for barden & he definetly suprised me.....but I need to see a big showing from him against another CB that isn't a rookie 5th round pick from Costal Carolina
He beat Charles Tillman pretty badly in the pre season game against the Bears...Tillman's a pro bowler and former 2nd round pick

Joe Morrison
09-22-2012, 10:38 AM
He beat Charles Tillman pretty badly in the pre season game against the Bears...Tillman's a pro bowler and former 2nd round pick
All he has to do is make sure he's ready for his next shot, it's clear he understands the play book and is on the same page with ELI, maybe after he gets his 50th catch Myles will be satisfied.

giantyankee1976
09-22-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm glad he hugged Eli (silence)

Diamondring
09-22-2012, 12:13 PM
come on man....give Barden a bit of credit. Its not like he caught three passes for 45 yards. he made some really nice plays and some of them in traffic too.
He cant control who is covering him either. I still want to see more from the kid but he deserves some accolades. As much as I have dogged him over the years and especially this preseason I can still see he may have truned a corner. Or at least there is some hope now that he can contribute on a game to game basis.I not only agree with you but I was one of the guys who ate crow in preseason then said he was going to do well or have a high possibility that he can do good for us. I even post against another poster about Barden. The other poster said that the coaches did not trust Barden against any db at any level. I thought that made no sense cause it is all about the matchups. Yet I hope Barden does not think that what he did is all that special.

Why I've said this? Well I said before that I studied the NFL and life for many years. I and I know you have seen some players come in off the bench and put up a good numbers( = production) in one game, then you don't see them do it again. One example was Thomas Lewis one of the Giants wr in the past. I hope that Barden is not satisfied in what he has done and hope he will try to keep it up.

yoeddy
09-22-2012, 12:18 PM

Note that Barden is only 3 games into his 4th year. He is 14 receptions and 3 TDs behind Moss...

BigBlueAllDay
09-22-2012, 02:03 PM

Let's see how long that will hold up. I think Barden did more as a Starting WR involved in almost every play in one game than Sinorice Moss ever did although I'll give you the argument that the Panthers pass defense was atrocious that game. Sinorice Moss also scored some of those TDs when they let him play in garbage time in some games. 13 more games to go... I'm just glad Barden was finally given a real legitimate opportunity on the field as well as with Reuben Randle.

giantsforce
09-22-2012, 05:02 PM
So now its a positive that Barden has spent more time inactive or injured than Moss?Well. at least it is a valid excuse. What's Moss's excuse?

slipknottin
09-22-2012, 05:03 PM
Well. at least it is a valid excuse. What's Moss's excuse?

He was too busy with his music career. I guess.

FlyingTruck
09-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Some you act like he was healthy and just riding the bench this whole time. He's been out mostly with injury the whole time. but unlike us fans, the coaches never gave up on him.

giantsforce
09-22-2012, 05:10 PM
He was too busy with his music career. I guess.LMAO! That's a good excuse!

JJC7301
09-23-2012, 12:49 AM
It was certainly a gratifying feeling watching him put up career numbers last night, after most of us thought we would not make the team earlier this year. The Giants fans and organization, has waited patiently for him to turn the corner, and it looks like he has.
It always burned me when Moss would make the roster year after fracking year, and I always believed in Barden as long as he could stay healthy.

Let's hope he can stay healthy because I don't think he's a fluke -- I think he'll be our # 3 WR for the rest of the year because he'll earn it.