PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else thinks Hosley's been a Gem

Rod-Diggity
09-21-2012, 09:29 PM
what a steal, i've been very impressed with this guy ever since the preseason. But even more so last night dude was very discipline with his sack on newton plus he's very quick and his athleticism is unbelieveable. He seems like he's picking up Fewell system very fast and the coaches seem to become more and more confident in him. I think he's been nothing but great so far providing good depth so he can spell webster or prince. I believe hosley was a big reason prince was able to go all 4 last night. I'm just bit worried about his injury proneness so far hopefully this doesn't become a problem in the future but other than that i'm totally impressed with this 3rd round pick. Anybody else feel this way?

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 09:30 PM
what a steal, i've been very impressed with this guy ever since the preseason. But even more so last night dude was very discipline with his sack on newton plus he's very quick and his athleticism is unbelieveable. He seems like he's picking up Fewell system very fast and the coaches seem to become more and more confident in him. I think he's been nothing but great so far providing good depth so he can spell webster or prince. I believe hosley was a big reason prince was able to go all 4 last night. I'm just bit worried about his injury proneness so far hopefully this doesn't become a problem in the future but other than that i'm totally impressed with this 3rd round pick. Anybody else feel this way? Thank god he decided to smoke weed before the combine so he fell to us

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 09:33 PM
well said redeye. lol this kid is a serious talent. he could very well end up being one of the best corners of his draft, and thats saying something bc there was some talent this draft.
he is like prince in that they both move so fluid and mirror very well, with awesome closing speed. they cover a ton of ground and have huge catch radiuses. both are so young and talented, we could have the best corner duo in a few yrs

scoostraw
09-21-2012, 09:34 PM
I like Hosley very much. And I pretty much feel the same about Randle. We just haven't seen enough of him yet. But we will...

titwio
09-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Nope...He's a bust. They should get rid of him...

Obvious need not be red.

BigBlue1971
09-21-2012, 09:35 PM
yea Hosley is certainly a gem! he has been a force in the secondary!

that pick last night just makes him that much more confident! im glad hes a Giant.

GameTime
09-21-2012, 09:37 PM
so far so good.....
keep it going....and hope the hammy isnt a big deal

BParcells777
09-21-2012, 09:38 PM
He's made two great plays and gotten hurt twice
Now he has a hammy...........the bandmaster strut gave him turf toe
He has to stay healthy as he is a force

titwio
09-21-2012, 09:43 PM
^^^ Hosley on his hamstring:

“It’s feeling good, a little sore,” Hosley said. “I’ll be good. I had an ultrasound showing nothing, so that’s a good thing.”

Hosley said he is “confident” he will face the Eagles.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Giants-secondary-takes-shape/e5ea28ab-2f05-4f7c-9dae-82cee4a4529e

fourth&forever
09-21-2012, 10:00 PM
yes, a gem. Will Hill is another.

Gimaniac
09-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Hosley and Prince both looked great. CWeb still struggling.

Nothing will surprise me as far as injuries to our DBs. We just seem to be snakebit in that regard.

jerseytom
09-21-2012, 10:10 PM
I watched him on that sports science program this kid can close quick and has like an 11ft vertical.

Rod-Diggity
09-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Hosley and Prince both looked great. CWeb still struggling.

Nothing will surprise me as far as injuries to our DBs. We just seem to be snakebit in that regard.

I actually thought webby looked his best since the season started last night. he's starting to be more aggressive off the line might have been a lil too aggressive last night since he broke a bone in his hand. prolly from that scuffle with ss but I liked the way he looked for the most part no tds last night

tonyt830
09-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Just like with Barden, I would like to see Hosley get more reps and continue to get used to the pro game. I am happy what I have seen from him so far, and maybe, just maybe, he and Prince will be our future at CB.

appodictic
09-21-2012, 10:57 PM
I watched him on that sports science program this kid can close quick and has like an 11ft vertical. His hands are 11 feet in the air, he does NOT have an 11 foot vertical :)

titwio
09-21-2012, 11:05 PM
His hands are 11 feet in the air, he does NOT have an 11 foot vertical :)

An 11ft broad would make more sense than a vert. His vertical was actually 36 &1/2 inches.

miked1958
09-21-2012, 11:14 PM
How is hosleys hamstring

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 11:18 PM
he'll be ready for philly. wasnt serious.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 11:20 PM
approd- hosely and prince have like a 16 ft radius that they can extend to. Sports Science showed both of them in that way bc of how impressive it is. hosely has the arm width of like a 6'4 person too...

Roswell777
09-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Hosley seems to have great hands and a nose for the ball. Two things that really can't be taught.

Carter.525
09-21-2012, 11:52 PM
Hosley is the future.. loved the pick when it happened, love it even more now

stormblue
09-21-2012, 11:53 PM
An 11ft broad would make more sense than a vert. His vertical was actually 36 &1/2 inches.

"I watched him on that sports science program this kid can close quick and has like an 11ft vertical."

i am sure that was an intended humorous exageration and as you said......

the obvious doesn't need to be red.

titwio
09-22-2012, 12:01 AM
i am sure that was an intended humorous exageration and as you said......

the obvious doesn't need to be red.

People confuse vertical with broad all the time so....maybe red was needed cause it's not as obvious as you think.

stormblue
09-22-2012, 12:22 AM
People confuse vertical with broad all the time so....maybe red was needed cause it's not as obvious as you think.

well, i hope not .....as that would leave me "red" in the face. LOL

GMan-67
09-22-2012, 05:51 AM
generally im a wait and see guy, but i LOVE Hosley, speed, ball skills, hustle

forget the INT where he showed his ball skills

the play where he closed the gap and was able to get in Cam's grille to cause a bad throw really impressed me ... speed, hustle, good decision

penguinfarmer
09-22-2012, 07:27 AM
I really wanted to see a Webster, Thomas and Prince backfield with Rolle and Phillips behind them. Hosley has certainly alleviated my disappointment in that. Personally, I can't wait to see the day when the level of the secondary consistently matches the caliber of the defensive line.

Captain Chaos
09-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Absolutely!

SiddFinch1
09-22-2012, 09:54 AM
So far he has been a steal....

Martyr
09-22-2012, 09:58 AM
generally im a wait and see guy, but i LOVE Hosley, speed, ball skills, hustle

forget the INT where he showed his ball skills

the play where he closed the gap and was able to get in Cam's grille to cause a bad throw really impressed me ... speed, hustle, good decision

Ageed, Its also nice to see a CB who can catch for once.

fansince69
09-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Ageed, Its also nice to see a CB who can catch for once.
So what CB are you referring to that can't catch? because the last one that comes to mind is Will Allen and hes been gone quite a while....

Martyr
09-22-2012, 10:35 AM
So what CB are you referring to that can't catch? because the last one that comes to mind is Will Allen and hes been gone quite a while....

The Giants current Cb's are no stranges to dropping picks.

jomo
09-22-2012, 10:55 AM
After watching the Prince and Hosley play on Thursday, it dawned on me that we may be quitely relading CB for the future. Now we need to do the same at OL and quickly. (free agency and the draft)

Joe Morrison
09-22-2012, 10:57 AM
After watching the Prince and Hosley play on Thursday, it dawned on me that we may be quitely relading CB for the future. Now we need to do the same at OL and quickly. (free agency and the draft)
If these guys can stay healthy we might be onto something good in the near future.

Joe Morrison
09-22-2012, 10:58 AM
The Giants current Cb's are no stranges to dropping picks.
That's why they are corner backs and not wide outs!