PDA

View Full Version : Waht happens when these players return

BParcells777
09-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Hixon- Probably gets his job back, but will rotate with Barden

Bradshaw- If Tom has any sense Brown gets the start and Bradshaw comes in when Brown has worn them down.....Brown on short yardage
David so far has been a big disappointment

Deihl- Maybe its time for David to play the back up role

Canty- Will require a roster reduction

RoanokeFan
09-21-2012, 09:58 PM

Bradshaw- If Tom has any sense Brown gets the start and Bradshaw comes in when Brown has worn them down.....Brown on short yardage

Canty- Will require a roster reduction

Canty in, Petrus out

fourth&forever
09-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Love the added competition flourishing in the Giants system.

It will allow them to play the hot hand.

tonyt830
09-21-2012, 10:21 PM

Canty- Will require a roster reductionYou cant fool around with neck injuries, so I see the Giants starting Brown and working Bradshaw in a little at a time. I wouldnt be too hard on Wilson, he is only a rookie going into week 4. He will get more reps, and hopefully will continue to improve. Growing pains are to be expected.

As for Diehl, I would not mess with the continuity the current line is developing. Diehl seems to be a team player that would be willing to be a quality back-up at this juncture in his career.

At WR, I like Hixon, but would like to see Barden get some reps every game. The more reps Barden gets, the more his confidence builds. Plus Eli will develop a chemistry/rapport with him. Its a good problem to have at WR.

Canty in, Petrus outRoanoke, you think the Giants would then carry 5 DTs in that case; Canty, Joseph, Bernard, Austin and Kuhn?

Roswell777
09-21-2012, 11:48 PM
It's a great problem to have. I have never seen a Giants team that is more deep in the skill positions. And that includes the Jared Lorenzen Era.

joemorrisforprez
09-22-2012, 12:00 AM
Love the added competition flourishing in the Giants system.

It will allow them to play the hot hand.

I agree....and the success of Andre Brown will hopefully help resolve whether the line has improved, once Bradshaw returns.

Captain Chaos
09-22-2012, 08:13 AM
Tough call on Hixon - Barden, not sure you can just ignore what Barden has accomplished over the past couple of weeks. If your a betting man do you give up on the hot hand?

OX1
09-22-2012, 08:47 AM
I agree....and the success of Andre Brown will hopefully help resolve whether the line has improved, once Bradshaw returns.

Sadly, I hope it is the improved line more than it was Brown that made most of the difference.
Ideally I guess it could be a little of both.

The worst news could be just a horrible D-line for Car............
We'll know next week.

Gimaniac
09-22-2012, 08:52 AM
Its pointless really to go over "what happens when" scenarios. This is football, there will be more injuries. These things will always take care of themselves. :(

NorwoodBlue
09-22-2012, 10:24 AM
I like Barden on the outside, better than Hixon, while Victor moves into the slot on three wide sets. Hixon is the bigger downfield threat; but do you need another downfield threat when you've got Nicks and Cruz, not really? I'm sure we'll see both; but I think that building Barden's confidence is critical at this point. It boggles my mind that we have a guy with Randle's skill set, and he doesn't even enter the conversation. You've got to work him in too, he's not picking up any expereince on the bench.

Diehl has to sit, there's no reason to mess with the success of the last 7 quarters.

Bradshaw rotates, there's enough carries for both.

Canty, Hard to get too worried about him the way Joseph and Bernard are playing. They can work him back in slowly and make sure his knee is OK. My guess is one of the young guys is going on IR with a minor injury.

bebil10
09-22-2012, 10:38 AM
I think Brown definitely should start, Bradshaw was good in the past but last year was disappointing and hasn't shown much this year when playing, while Brown is looking good. Barden needs the position over Hixon. Hixon has never really impressed me as a receiver. He is just a standby in my opinion, meaning he will be ok in the position but never great. Barden has a much better upside and seemed to show that in the game. Diehl would retain his job unless something more happens in the time he is gone.

Joe Morrison
09-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Its pointless really to go over "what happens when" scenarios. This is football, there will be more injuries. These things will always take care of themselves. :(
Week to Week, everone needs to be ready.

jomo
09-22-2012, 10:41 AM
Its pointless really to go over "what happens when" scenarios. This is football, there will be more injuries. These things will always take care of themselves. :(Everything we discuss here is "pointless" isn't it? lol

All that matters is what the coaches think.