PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Tynes

B.JACOBS27
09-22-2012, 01:15 PM
It's great that Brown, Barden, and Hosley are receiving their due, but what about good ol' Lawrence Tynes? I know it's still very early in the season, but he's 10 for 10 in FG attempts (long of 49) and perfect on XPs. I remember a time when I didn't trust him, but he's been pretty damn reliable recently. Can't the kicker get some love too??

titwio
09-22-2012, 01:26 PM
He kicked that 49 yarder like it was a chip shot before the half. He's got a little swag to him too. Guess that's what happens when you kick your team to two SB's.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Guy is money.

NEVER have doubt with him no matter the distance now.

Tynes new is name is A-U-T-O-M-A-T-I-C and SUPER LEG! :D

RagTime Blue
09-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Tynes has been nothing short of spectacular this year. But if you notice, TC rarely makes him try one over 50 yards.

Of course, Weatherford has also been lights-out.

But if we get stopped on the opponent's 34-38 yard line, expect a fourth-down play with Eli, as opposed to a 51-55 yard FG attempt.

jintsfan666
09-22-2012, 02:11 PM
From someone with a new user name (courtesy of board change screw up), I have to admit I was stone cold wrong about keeping Tynes. For a while I was convinced he had a pic of Reese and TC in a compromising situation.
Eating my crow but glad they made me. You go LT, JR and TC.

Fharcyde
09-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Props to Tynes for being very solid this season. I feel like kickers in this league that have been with the same team for a while tend to gain a little extra confidence and swagger about them. At least I don't have to bite my lip every kick. It'd help if the green zone efficiency were to improve though.

joemorrisforprez
09-22-2012, 04:40 PM
It's great that Brown, Barden, and Hosley are receiving their due, but what about good ol' Lawrence Tynes? I know it's still very early in the season, but he's 10 for 10 in FG attempts (long of 49) and perfect on XPs. I remember a time when I didn't trust him, but he's been pretty damn reliable recently. Can't the kicker get some love too??

I've been a huge critic of Lawrence Tynes in the past. But after winning SB46, I finally gave up trying to bust on the guy.

This season, he's done a great job.

Okay, now I've put the whammy on it.

slipknottin
09-22-2012, 05:06 PM
I believe Tynes is in a contract year. He is 34, so maybe a couple year resigning?

primetime
09-22-2012, 05:10 PM
I believe Tynes is in a contract year. He is 34, so maybe a couple year resigning?
You are correct, like Weatherford last season I expect the Giants to make it a priority to resign Tynes.