PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Austin

Giantz4Life
09-22-2012, 04:03 PM
I noticed he got some snaps finally versus Carolina, but I was busy playing host to my party to pay close attention. How did he look when he was in?

joemorrisforprez
09-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Didn't hear his name called, so it's tough to say. But, given the score, I'll assume he did okay.

RoanokeFan
09-22-2012, 04:09 PM
I noticed he got some snaps finally versus Carolina, but I was busy playing host to my party to pay close attention. How did he look when he was in?

Get your priorities in order :p

slipknottin
09-22-2012, 04:10 PM
I focused on him. He was decidedly average. Which, IMO, is a huge positive.

He still has his lateral ability, didnt get much of a push at all, but maintained his gap, almost batted a pass at one point. Hustled to get involved in any plays.

Giantz4Life
09-22-2012, 04:12 PM

LOL. I have the game DVR'd so hopefully I can re-watch it tonight.

Fharcyde
09-22-2012, 04:14 PM
It seems he's being spoon fed back into the lineup it seems as he hasn't seen much action over the last two years. Hopefully he has a spot in the rotation once Canty returns. I guess the weight's on his shoulders to make as much of an impact as he can during his limited playing time to show the staff he's ready to play ball.

Our interior lineman have played quite well from my view. I've been especially impressed with Linval Joseph. He was a great pick in the second round and the sky's the limit from here.

Giantz4Life
09-22-2012, 04:15 PM

He still has his lateral ability, didnt get much of a push at all, but maintained his gap, almost batted a pass at one point. Hustled to get involved in any plays.

That is good to hear. I was worried with his lack of playing time and his lingering health issues that he would be out of shape. I remember reading the scouting report on him when we drafted him, and it said he was very quick off the snap and good at maintaining his gaps.

RoanokeFan
09-22-2012, 04:16 PM
LOL. I have the game DVR'd so hopefully I can re-watch it tonight.

Have you checked out Snappinnecks thread of game clips?

RoanokeFan
09-22-2012, 04:17 PM

Talk about a guy with "fresh legs" lol

Brooklyn_Madcat
09-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Just as I've noticed in preseason snaps, He seems to stand up the center/guard but gets very little push. A lot of hand fighting going on but at least seems to keep from getting blown back.

slipknottin
09-22-2012, 05:30 PM
Just as I've noticed in preseason snaps, He seems to stand up the center/guard but gets very little push. A lot of hand fighting going on but at least seems to keep from getting blown back.

Yea, he pops up awful quick, and he doesnt get much leverage when he does it. But that can all be rust too.

Captain Chaos
09-22-2012, 07:13 PM
He will improve with more playing time and more film of himself to watch. Would love to see him develop like Linval!!!!!

drewz
09-22-2012, 07:29 PM
I rewatched the game and looked at his snaps, didn't stand out or do anything special. Markus Kuhn was able to penetrate through and get QB hurry that forced Cam to through it away.

giantsfan420
09-22-2012, 08:48 PM
keep in mind how vick looked first year back n then the 2nd yr back. hate bringing him up, but in hid 2nd yr u could see the improved explosiveness.

i was happy with austins play considering im not expecting him to have the explosive push he had before the 2yr sabatical. i liked his effort and hustle, i liked his active hands/arms, i liked how he even so rusty could stand up their C/G (and they do have a pretty good OL). he didnt seem to be pushed out of his gaps either.
and i noticed we played him when carolina had to go to a more heavy air attack as to not expose him in the run game (im guessin about that part).

all in all, u could see the kid has talent/potential...he's not there yet tho, not even close really to the level he is capable of. but he proved he could give us snaps as depth as is so thats good news too

bigjeep
09-22-2012, 08:59 PM

:p