PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have video of KP's hit against TB that he got fined for? Snappinnecks?

NYG4lifeNYK
09-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Didn't see any highlights for week 2.

Anyone have a clip of that play?

primetime
09-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Only video I can find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe2ZkotDUds

slipknottin
09-22-2012, 05:40 PM
He didnt get flagged.... Just fined.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Only video I can find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe2ZkotDUds

I know that's AWFUL lol :(

He didnt get flagged.... Just fined.

Yup, my mistake meant fined.

slipknottin
09-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Still to me looks like he went for his shoulder. But what do I know.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Still to me looks like he went for his shoulder. But what do I know.

He absolutely led with his shoulder.

What should KP have done? He was coming FULL SPEED, should he have stopped for a second let him make the catch and then tried to hit him or tackle him?

It makes zero sense.

Was a legal hit. HARD physical football hit with his shoulder.

fansince69
09-22-2012, 05:55 PM
He absolutely led with his shoulder.

What should KP have done? He was coming FULL SPEED, should he have stopped for a second let him make the catch and then tried to hit him or tackle him?

It makes zero sense.

Was a legal hit. HARD physical football hit with his shoulder.

I didn't rewatch it and when I saw it the other night it looked good.....someone mentioned that possibly he launched himself...

EliDaMANning
09-22-2012, 07:57 PM
He did launch himself and should have been flagged. There was no helmet to helmet contact though.

Drez
09-22-2012, 07:59 PM
Still to me looks like he went for his shoulder. But what do I know.Doesn't matter. He launched at him. Still illegal.

BParcells777
09-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Its sad when football cannot be played like this..........it was a good hard hit to the shoulder

I do not understand this at all

"launched himself"?????? every tackler launches himself

**** Butkus would have had to give up football...........its becoming a sissy game

Die-Hard
09-22-2012, 09:16 PM
When I heard about the fine, I went nuts, because it looked perfectly legal and legit, but I never noticed the launch until you guys posted the clip. No doubt that he left his feet to make the hit

Drez
09-22-2012, 09:24 PM
When I heard about the fine, I went nuts, because it looked perfectly legal and legit, but I never noticed the launch until you guys posted the clip. No doubt that he left his feet to make the hit
That being said, I thought he was going to get nailed for $15k not $30k.

Drez
09-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Its sad when football cannot be played like this..........it was a good hard hit to the shoulder

I do not understand this at all

"launched himself"?????? every tackler launches himself

**** Butkus would have had to give up football...........its becoming a sissy game
You do realized that even in this "sissy" era the game is exponentially more violent than when Butkus played the game?

Giants5699
09-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Lawrence Taylor, Ronnie Lott, Mike Singletery, **** Butkis, and Deacon Jones would all be unemployed in today's NFL

Giants5699
09-22-2012, 09:43 PM
You do realized that even in this "sissy" era the game is exponentially more violent than when Butkus played the game?

The hell are you talking about? The game was barbaric as all hell prior to the 90's. Brutal hits on every play. AND everyone actually hated each other back then.

Half of the teams lost their starting QB's to injury every year... and that's just the tip of the ice berg.

Drez
09-22-2012, 10:11 PM
The hell are you talking about? The game was barbaric as all hell prior to the 90's. Brutal hits on every play. AND everyone actually hated each other back then.

I'm talking pure physics. Guys today are much bigger, much faster, and much stronger than they were in prior to 90's. In 1980 there were only three players over 300lbs. Now there are more than 300.

So, while the game may appear to be less viscous than it did in previous years, it is actually more violent now than then.

Giants5699
09-22-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm talking pure physics. Guys today are much bigger, much faster, and much stronger than they were in prior to 90's. In 1980 there were only three players over 300lbs. Now there are more than 300.

So, while the game may appear to be less viscous than it did in previous years, it is actually more violent now than then.

... They didn't need to be over 300 lbs back then. They were all freaking insane and beat the living crap out of each other every game. Just watch any flashback game from the 70's and 80's. It was sheer brutality. The game today is nothing near as barbaric as it was back then... and it was much much much better back then. There was a burning fire of hatred against every other team. Now, outside of the NFCE and NFCN, there really isn't the same passion of hatred from player to player as back then. It was much more intense and much more brutal.

Drez
09-22-2012, 10:18 PM
... They didn't need to be over 300 lbs back then. They were all freaking insane and beat the living crap out of each other every game. Just watch any flashback game from the 70's and 80's. It was sheer brutality.
Why was it that they didn't need to be that big back then?

And it was brutality between smaller, weaker, and slower players.

Why do you think you used to be able to have a running back play in a single back system carrying the ball 300+ times a year for 10 years back then? Now a good running back might last 4-6 years at a high snap count.

Contrary to what you think your eyes are telling you, the game is actually more brutal today.

Giants5699
09-22-2012, 10:50 PM
Why was it that they didn't need to be that big back then?

And it was brutality between smaller, weaker, and slower players.

Why do you think you used to be able to have a running back play in a single back system carrying the ball 300+ times a year for 10 years back then? Now a good running back might last 4-6 years at a high snap count.

Contrary to what you think your eyes are telling you, the game is actually more brutal today.

ummm there were only a small handful of guys that did that... Only one that comes to mind is Emmitt Smith... Jim Brown lasted 8, Earl Campbell was really only great for about 5 years before he declined.. Lately, there have been more longer lasting running backs. Tiki, Tomlinson, Thomas Jones all come to mind...

Captain Chaos
09-23-2012, 08:44 AM
From the fines from the TB game you would think the Giant's were trying to establish themselves as a tough hard nosed team.

penguinfarmer
09-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Damn noggin just had to be placed 6 inches from the shoulder. Worst design evolution has ever given us.