PDA

View Full Version : I'm noticing Osi is getting doubled and chipped an awful lot

NYG4lifeNYK
09-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Re-watching the Tampa game and literally every single time there's a double team or a RB/TE there to chip him.

Osi's been getting pressure. It's just not showing up on the stat sheet.

I love Tuck but he is not winning his match ups and our DT's could be getting better push...can't blame Bernard though he's being forced as a starter and he's been great. Can't wait for Canty to come back... him and Joseph..... POW

BigBlueAllDay
09-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Not really worried about the pass rush as it's way too early in the season. They're just not going to all out early and have nothing left at the end. I think they did the best job against Cam Newton on Thursday than any other team so far. Tough to top what they did against Cam.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Not really worried about the pass rush as it's way too early in the season. They're just not going to all out early and have nothing left at the end. I think they did the best job against Cam Newton on Thursday than any other team so far. Tough to top what they did against Cam.
I'm not too worried either, they will kick it into gear vs Philly.

I'm just wondering what happened to Tuck.... he used to be SO DOMINANT.'

I hope his heart is still in it.... considered retirement last season. Hope it's just the first few games and he's going to take off soon.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-22-2012, 11:39 PM
Re-watching the Panthers game and the same thing... theyy're keeping an extra blocker on Osi's side to double or chip him

juice33s
09-22-2012, 11:52 PM
Tucks still beasting against the run...haven't noticed much of anything from Osi...said it in another thread, and I'll say it again, Osi looks to be lacking his first step this year, i think he's starting to slow down...makes sense, considering he's in his 10th season

NYG4lifeNYK
09-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Tucks still beasting against the run...haven't noticed much of anything from Osi...said it in another thread, and I'll say it again, Osi looks to be lacking his first step this year, i think he's starting to slow down...makes sense, considering he's in his 10th season

He's being doubled and chipped every single snap. I just re-watched both games.(still watching Panthers)

When Osi is 1 on 1 he gets his push up field and the QB just steps up because the push from the middle isn't there.

Osi is doing his job.

oldsmobile
09-23-2012, 12:14 AM
I watched Carolina game , and Osi { I call him LUCY } , put no effort into doing anything . When he got a "sack' he was pushed into QB . I would trade him in a "NEW YORK MINUTE" fo a CB . He had his day , but is a waste when we have some young talent on sidelines.

juice33s
09-23-2012, 12:29 AM
He's being doubled and chipped every single snap. I just re-watched both games.(still watching Panthers)

When Osi is 1 on 1 he gets his push up field and the QB just steps up because the push from the middle isn't there.

Osi is doing his job.
Pretty sure your just making stuff up to cover for your boyfriend...Im in to the 2nd quarter and I don't think I've seen a TE or a RB on Osi's side once...He was also pretty garbage against the run and the zone reads

juice33s
09-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Bottom line is the guy has 3 tackles in 3 games, you don't think JPP is getting chipped and doubled?....Honestly i still think Osi can help us this season, but lets call a spade a spade, father time is clearing catching up to him...Lets not try and sugar coat things with some BS about getting chppied and doubled when he lines up opposite the best DE in the NFL

ShakeandBake
09-23-2012, 12:45 AM

Osi is doing his job.

This is just simply not true, Osi did a terrible job defending the option, he most definitely missed tackles while going completely unblocked from what I remember.

juice33s
09-23-2012, 01:14 AM
Just watched the first few drives of all 3 games, heres what I saw
Dallas- T. Smith locked up Osi 1v1, no help involved, no help needed
Bucs- Osi's best game, looked quick off the snap and you're right they chipped him alot, however he did get blown off the line on the D. Martin TD
Panthers- Osi looked slow and for the most part was left singled up...Also looked pretty bad latterally on the zone reads

BTW I like how you conviently changed your original post from "He's being doubled and chipped every single snap. I just re-watched both games.(still watching Panthers)" to..."Re-watching the Tampa game and literally every single time there's a double team or a RB/TE there to chip him."

giantsfan420
09-23-2012, 01:18 AM
was it just me or did osi look painfully slow vs carolina? like he looked injured he was running so slowly. plus, i havent seen anything resembling osi's patented speed rush off the edge...dunno whats going on with him.
I thought Tuck at least showed some quickness and explosivness on some of his speed and power rushes, I cant say the same for Osi. The bullrush is getting shut down as is his speed rush.
so far it looked to me as if the T's matched up on Osi were doing fine 1v1.

Neverend
09-23-2012, 01:24 AM
Osi was absolutely getting doubled against the Bucs. Especially in the second half

Its very difficult for osi to go for his tremendous speed rush when a back is there to double team him on the outside. He's then forced to go to the bull rush (not his strength) or the inside.

juice33s
09-23-2012, 01:28 AM
was it just me or did osi look painfully slow vs carolina? like he looked injured he was running so slowly. plus, i havent seen anything resembling osi's patented speed rush off the edge...dunno whats going on with him.
I thought Tuck at least showed some quickness and explosivness on some of his speed and power rushes, I cant say the same for Osi. The bullrush is getting shut down as is his speed rush.
so far it looked to me as if the T's matched up on Osi were doing fine 1v1.
You're right, he did look alot slower against Carolina...But I'm not so sure its age like I originally thought, bc after going back through the first two weeks he did seem to have some good quickness against TB and Dallas so he might be a bit dinged up at the moment.

Eitherway, its obvious he's past his prime, but I think he still has some left in the tank to be solid contributor this season

NYG4lifeNYK
09-23-2012, 01:35 AM
Pretty sure your just making stuff up to cover for your boyfriend...Im in to the 2nd quarter and I don't think I've seen a TE or a RB on Osi's side once...He was also pretty garbage against the run and the zone reads

Lol boyfriend? Real mature.

Not sure my wife would appreciate me having a boyfriend..... no need to act immature we're all Giants fans keep it friendly.

Your hate for Osi is well documented. You say you're in the second Q and he wasn't been doubled once? He was doubled on that play where JPP almost picked off Cam on that batted pass.

Go on with your hate it's tired.

Anyway had to run out will continue watching the Panthers game now.

juice33s
09-23-2012, 01:36 AM
Osi was absolutely getting doubled against the Bucs. Especially in the second half

Its very difficult for osi to go for his tremendous speed rush when a back is there to double team him on the outside. He's then forced to go to the bull rush (not his strength) or the inside.
Neverend, this is totally off topic, but could you change your avatar pic...Seeing James Spader makes me just think pompous *******

NYG4lifeNYK
09-23-2012, 01:37 AM
BTW I like how you conviently changed your original post from "He's being doubled and chipped every single snap. I just re-watched both games.(still watching Panthers)" to..."Re-watching the Tampa game and literally every single time there's a double team or a RB/TE there to chip him."

What?

juice33s
09-23-2012, 01:39 AM
Lol boyfriend? Real mature.

Not sure my wife would appreciate me having a boyfriend..... no need to act immature we're all Giants fans keep it friendly.

Your hate for Osi is well documented. You say you're in the second Q and he wasn't been doubled once? He was doubled on that play where JPP almost picked off Cam on that batted pass.

Go on with your hate it's tired.
Lol, first things first, the only thing your married to is your unbridaled love of the New York Giants (Specifically Osi and Cweb)...Secondly if he was doubled once, sorry my bad...In your orignal post you said Osi was doubled or chipped every play in all 3 games...Against Dallas i don't think he was doubled once and Carolina they were few and far between

juice33s
09-23-2012, 01:40 AM
What?
lol don't what me...go back to the first page where I qouted you and you'll see that verbatim

NYG4lifeNYK
09-23-2012, 01:54 AM
Lol, first things first, the only thing your married to is your unbridaled love of the New York Giants (Specifically Osi and Cweb)...Secondly if he was doubled once, sorry my bad...In your orignal post you said Osi was doubled or chipped every play in all 3 games...Against Dallas i don't think he was doubled once and Carolina they were few and far between

Chipped once again in the second Q 11:49 mark...... yawn

Oh and I NEVER ONCE mentioned anything about the Dallas game stop making up statements and embellishing to aid your argument(or lack thereof)

lol don't what me...go back to the first page where I qouted you and you'll see that verbatim
What exactly am I going back to see? You quoted me and my quote remains the same, I don't follow...?

The Tampa reference was in my original post... you are delusional or something lol

NYG4lifeNYK
09-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Oh and dealing with Cam Newton is not an easy task at all. Osi's job is to stay with Cam not the RB. Osi had no LB help once the delayed handoff went to DeAngelo.

Cam does a great job of waiting till the last second to either hand the ball off the the RB or take it himself.

giantsfan420
09-23-2012, 02:06 AM
maybe osi looked slower vs carolina bc it was a short week? i dunno he's looked ineffective to me and what makes it clear is that when JPP faces the same T, JPP abuses him. Osi faces the same T, he's lockin osi down...t.smith owned osi but jpp made him look like a JV player

juice33s
09-23-2012, 02:06 AM
Chipped once again in the second Q 11:49 mark...... yawn

Oh and I NEVER ONCE mentioned anything about the Dallas game stop making up statements and embellishing to aid your argument(or lack thereof)

What exactly am I going back to see? You quoted me and my quote remains the same, I don't follow...?

The Tampa reference was in my original post... you are delusional or something lol
Go back to the first page, 8th post down....its there for all to see....sorry bud, you're the only delusional one here

giantsfan420
09-23-2012, 02:07 AM
osi was caught in no mans land almost every time cam and d.williams did that option run to his side. its what tipped me off to how slow osi was moving

juice33s
09-23-2012, 02:07 AM
Oh and dealing with Cam Newton is not an easy task at all. Osi's job is to stay with Cam not the RB. Osi had no LB help once the delayed handoff went to DeAngelo.

Cam does a great job of waiting till the last second to either hand the ball off the the RB or take it himself.
JPP seemed to do just fine with it

NYG4lifeNYK
09-23-2012, 02:08 AM
I watched Carolina game , and Osi { I call him LUCY } , put no effort into doing anything . When he got a "sack' he was pushed into QB . I would trade him in a "NEW YORK MINUTE" fo a CB . He had his day , but is a waste when we have some young talent on sidelines.

You call him Lucy because you're ignorant and like to bash our players I guess.

No effort?

Did you say he was pushed into his sack? That is comical.. http://forums.d2jsp.org/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Take the hater shades off.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-23-2012, 02:12 AM
Go back to the first page, 8th post down....its there for all to see....sorry bud, you're the only delusional one here

Osi is doing his job.
That is the EXACT quote that you quoted from me.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

JPP seemed to do just fine with it
JPP is the best DE in the NFL...... with freakishly long arms, speed and agility...

Your hate for Osi is very well documented

juice33s
09-23-2012, 02:22 AM
That is the EXACT quote that you quoted from me.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

JPP is the best DE in the NFL...... with freakishly long arms, speed and agility...

Your hate for Osi is very well documented
So when you said, "I just re-watched both games. (Still watching Panthers)" your claiming you made no reference to the Cowboys game? What was the other game, something from 2007?

NYG4lifeNYK
09-23-2012, 02:54 AM
So when you said, "I just re-watched both games. (Still watching Panthers)" your claiming you made no reference to the Cowboys game? What was the other game, something from 2007?

Ok, try and stay with me here.

We are in week3.
We have played 3 games.
Dallas, TB & Carolina.
"I just re-watched both games. (Still watching Panthers)"
Both games refer to the Buccs and the Panthers.

You still with me?

giantsfan420
09-23-2012, 02:58 AM
lucy lol. and nyg, i thought our DT's have been getting very good push. our DT's have more sacks than Tuck and Osi, and L.Joseph has collapsed/penetrated the pocket a lot more than osi has iirc

juice33s
09-23-2012, 03:12 AM

We are in week3.
We have played 3 games.
Dallas, TB & Carolina.

You still with me?
Quick english lesson for you, "watched"is past tense, "watching" is present tense...As a speaker of the english language I took it as you "watched" the Dallas and Tampa games and you were currently "watching" the Panthers game

gmen0820
09-23-2012, 04:07 AM
Quick english lesson for you, "watched"is past tense, "watching" is present tense...As a speaker of the english language I took it as you "watched" the Dallas and Tampa games and you were currently "watching" the Panthers gameLol stay with him now

Captain Chaos
09-23-2012, 07:19 AM
maybe osi looked slower vs carolina bc it was a short week? i dunno he's looked ineffective to me and what makes it clear is that when JPP faces the same T, JPP abuses him. Osi faces the same T, he's lockin osi down...t.smith owned osi but jpp made him look like a JV player

I'm thinking the short week had something to do with it, I thought he played well at Carolina. Father time tells you the older you get the longer it takes for you to recover. I for one don't like these short weeks.

nhpgiantsfan
09-23-2012, 07:22 AM
This is just simply not true, Osi did a terrible job defending the option, he most definitely missed tackles while going completely unblocked from what I remember.

You are completely wrong. Osi did exactly what he was supposed to do on those option plays. His assignement was to maintain containment. On most of those option plays, his man was Newton. Osi stays with Newton, forcing him to hand off and the RB to take it up the middle. If Osi bights on the RB, Cam busts it outside for a big run. Osi although the tackles werent there, is a big reason why Cam had only 6 yards. They tried to pull the option to Osi's side a bunch of times and he did his job.

giantsfan420
09-23-2012, 07:33 AM
what? u are completely wrong nh. osi was caught out of position in no mans land virually every time they ran that option towards his side. u are completely misremembering or something, even the commentators had to comment on it a few times, osi was getting burned by that option pretty badly

M00KIE
09-23-2012, 08:58 AM

We are in week3.
We have played 3 games.
Dallas, TB & Carolina.

You still with me?

http://www.ideas2revenue.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/confused-238x300.jpg

dezzzR
09-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Besides his sack on Thursday he looked awful.

nhpgiantsfan
09-23-2012, 10:04 AM
what? u are completely wrong nh. osi was caught out of position in no mans land virually every time they ran that option towards his side. u are completely misremembering or something, even the commentators had to comment on it a few times, osi was getting burned by that option pretty badly

That's not true. The announcers kept commenting how Cam is watching Osi's eyes to see who he is following. Osi was constantly watching Cam, which is why most of those options went to the RB. His job is to make sure he doesnt get beat to the outside. His job is not to cut to the middle and tackle the RB. He stayed disciplined and maintained his lane. If he was getting beat by that option Cam would've had alot more than 6 yards rushing.

giantsfan420
09-23-2012, 11:19 AM
um, its an option read for a reason. as u said, cams reading osi's eyes. maybe osi wasnt terrible each time, but i can rememeber clearly a few times where Osi was way out of position. that said, he just looked slow to me. hoping the short week was an issue.

nycisgreat
09-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Re-watching the Tampa game and literally every single time there's a double team or a RB/TE there to chip him.

Osi's been getting pressure. It's just not showing up on the stat sheet.

I love Tuck but he is not winning his match ups and our DT's could be getting better push...can't blame Bernard though he's being forced as a starter and he's been great. Can't wait for Canty to come back... him and Joseph..... POW

I have been saying the same thing for a while. Not only Osi, but JPP and Tuck are getting doubled too. Our DT aren't taking advantage of their opportunity. I think Canty not being in there is stopping these guys from doing what they do best. Other teams aren't looking at our DT's as threat at all.

TheEnigma
09-23-2012, 11:37 AM
I have been saying the same thing for a while. Not only Osi, but JPP and Tuck are getting doubled too. Our DT aren't taking advantage of their opportunity. I think Canty not being in there is stopping these guys from doing what they do best. Other teams aren't looking at our DT's as threat at all.

Joseph has been playing more than average. The issue this season has been that the Dline doesn't produce pressure enough on a consistent basis and when one guy does (usually JPP), someone else isn't there to take advantage. Tuck and Osi need to return to that form they had at the end of last season.

Mr. G-Man
09-23-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm not too worried either, they will kick it into gear vs Philly.

I'm just wondering what happened to Tuck.... he used to be SO DOMINANT.'

I hope his heart is still in it.... considered retirement last season. Hope it's just the first few games and he's going to take off soon.

He's hasnt been the same since that ****** tackle leonard davis (correctly named flozell adams) pushed him in the back as a cheap shot after a play and ruined his shoulder. he's had shoulder problems ever since

giantsfan420
09-23-2012, 12:54 PM
iirc it was flozell adams g-man

Mr. G-Man
09-23-2012, 01:02 PM
same diff, all cowgirls look the same to me. (but thx for the correction)

NYG4lifeNYK
09-23-2012, 01:11 PM
lucy lol. and nyg, i thought our DT's have been getting very good push. our DT's have more sacks than Tuck and Osi, and L.Joseph has collapsed/penetrated the pocket a lot more than osi has iirc

Linval Joseph is an absolute stud.

Rocky has been playing very well for what's being asked of him but he's not a starter anymore.