PDA

View Full Version : Webster and Press Coverage

TheEnigma
09-23-2012, 09:03 AM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/22/press-coverage/

Not that surprising that Webster leads the league in Yards Per Coverage Snap while in press this season but he has done a much better job in zone so far.

Nnamdi leads the league in lining up in press coverage so if Barden ever goes against him, it should be the perfect test to see if he can beat Man against one of the best in the business. Boykin hasn't allowed any receptions in press coverage yet this season and should be interesting to watch Cruz go up against him. This should be a good test for our passing offense next week.

slipknottin
09-23-2012, 09:42 AM
webster has done a much better job in off man too.

He got beat badly off the snap in press a few times this season, notably that dez bryant catch for like 40 yards or whatever it was

giantsfan420
09-23-2012, 09:48 AM
so does barden suddenly suck again if he struggles against a corner who makes every wr he faces struggle? kinda flawed way of seeing if barden is legit or not bc namdi's made all pro's look avg. meaning if barden has a big day vs namdi, that doesnt just tell us he's legit, it tells us he has top 10 wr ability (i think u'd have to say that about any wr that can beat namdi throughout a game).
ppl arent giving barden enough love bc he beat up on a 5th round rookie 7 of his 9 receptions, but imo thats unfair. the guy is starting. not outta injury but bc hoe ready he was. it wasnt like norman was tripping over himself or putting himself outta position, it was just barden and the scheme were too much for carolina. we were able to exploit them BC of barden. but the whole 5th rd rookie thing is valid to an extent, but switching norman with namdi is the complete opposite side of the spectrum. I'd like to see how barden does again an above avg, typical corner. how barden does vs him will tell us a lot.

penguinfarmer
09-23-2012, 09:53 AM
This Barden bit is out of hand. This is a thread about Webster.

TheEnigma
09-23-2012, 10:08 AM
C'mon 420, what did I say out of line? Wouldn't you agree that the difference between Nnamdi and Josh Norman is huge in regards to not only experience but talent as well? There was nothing wrong with my statement and I'm sticking by it.

The actual point of this thread though was that several people always call out for Webster to be in press coverage but it's actually where he is getting beat this season. You could chalk it up to just a poor early season but it's something I'm going to keep track of as the season goes on. The answer for Webster and the rest of the defense might be for less press coverage than he already does.

Rusty192
09-23-2012, 10:09 AM
This Barden bit is out of hand. This is a thread about Webster.The OP mentioned Barden in his post, so not really.

Rusty192
09-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Boykin hasn't allowed any receptions in press coverage yet this season and should be interesting to watch Cruz go up against him.Cruz is gonna kick his ***.

TheEnigma
09-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Cruz is gonna kick his ***.

I agree. Boykin hasn't faced a slot receiver like Cruz yet. Combining that with their lack of a really good safety (Nate Allen is ok), Cruz could have another big day against them.

penguinfarmer
09-23-2012, 11:00 AM
The OP mentioned Barden in his post, so not really.

The original post said it would be a good test for Barden. Response was clearly residual from the 16 page thread where it belonged.

Rusty192
09-23-2012, 12:02 PM
I understand that. But its not like it was totally off topic.