PDA

View Full Version : The "Green Zone"

NYGFaninILL
09-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Don't get me wrong, I loved beating down the panthers on Thursday. However, somethings been irksome since the victory.

In 7 trips to the red zone, the Giants only came away with 3 touchdowns and 4 FGs, and while I rather have the points then say, turning the ball over, when we get into the meat and potatoes of or schedule (SFO, GRB, BAL, NOR, ECT.), those point will be invaluable. I really hope we can have a stronger red zone appearence.

Tmurda1984
09-23-2012, 01:13 PM
This is what I been saying in previous posts. Alot of people are making fun of the Panthers defensive coordinator but he played a bend but dont break defense because we are a BIG PLAY OFFENSE. We are a team that stalls in the redzone. The Panthers did not expect Andre Brown to have the day that he had especially scoring TDs. We was one of the worst rushing teams and I think they figured they could hold us to field goals which they did several times.

JSpin
09-23-2012, 01:20 PM
So you're upset that we were perfect in the red zone? And you know one of those possessions was with backups in and a huge lead?? We're fine.

NYGFaninILL
09-23-2012, 03:08 PM
So you're upset that we were perfect in the red zone? And you know one of those possessions was with backups in and a huge lead?? We're fine.

I never said that, what I said was when get to play tougher opponents, we might need TDs instead of FGs and my philosophy is that a FG, while it does get us points, is a dead drive.

Redeyejedi
09-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Speaking of green did anybody see Sanchez throw a pass to Tebow and it him in the head

miked1958
09-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Speaking of green did anybody see Sanchez throw a pass to Tebow and it him in the headHaha, I'd love to see it. Lol awesome

fourth&forever
09-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Haha, I'd love to see it. Lol awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xog4cmxq9uc

ashleymarie
09-23-2012, 07:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xog4cmxq9uc

Thanks for that Fourth. Funny.

Captain Chaos
09-24-2012, 06:10 AM
It wasn't like we were blanked, I think it's a work in progress and the points in the Green zone will come. Things are moving forward and the G'men are getting better each week.

Rusty192
09-24-2012, 08:32 AM
It wasn't like we were blanked, I think it's a work in progress and the points in the Green zone will come. Things are moving forward and the G'men are getting better each week.I'm just happy that we stopped turning the football over. We protected the ball and we crushed them. TO's are worse than a stuttering redzone offense.

Kruunch
09-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Speaking of green did anybody see Sanchez throw a pass to Tebow and it him in the head

I thought I was seeing brilliant performance art depicting the representation of the Jets season.

P.S. - Yeah I noticed the lack of red zone production as well ... hopefully we'll get that fixed up now that we've discovered a running game.

Mercury
09-24-2012, 09:34 AM
3 out of 7 is 42%, which is lower than it should be. However, I think the Giants have been improving in many facets of their game. The team looked better in week 2 than in week 1. The team looked better in week 3 than in week 2. However, there are areas that still need improvement, and green zone production is one of them.

Buddy333
09-24-2012, 09:53 AM
It's not just the last game. Even the game before against Tampa they struggled in the red zone.

Giantterp
09-24-2012, 10:15 AM
It drives me crazy when they line up in tight formations at the goal line after 1st down (not too mention that the Giants have struggled in the area over the past couple of years). Times have changed and it is too hard to move defensive lines when they know you are running short yardage. I don't understand why they don't spread it out. It really puts the defense at a disadvantage for the run. That's why that trap draw works as their go to 2 point conversion play.

giantsforce
09-24-2012, 01:59 PM
It drives me crazy when they line up in tight formations at the goal line after 1st down (not too mention that the Giants have struggled in the area over the past couple of years). Times have changed and it is too hard to move defensive lines when they know you are running short yardage. I don't understand why they don't spread it out. It really puts the defense at a disadvantage for the run. That's why that trap draw works as their go to 2 point conversion play.The main reason why they do not change the play calling is because Killdrive is a "genius" when it comes to designing goal line plays: Find what it does not work and try it repeatedly because one of these days it will work.

burier
09-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Here's the thing. Kevin Gildbrige isn't a great RedZone coordinator...we've never been great in the red/greenzone. with 08 being the acception because that year we could just run the ball in from the 15.

We throw way too many fades in the redzone which is a very low percentage pass play.

And once again...we don't put enough effort into scoring the ball for the outter-portions of the redzone between the 15 and 25 yard lines where we can still utilize our vertical passing game.

instead when we get to that part of the field we try to run the ball and we suddenly start throwing high percetage passes, slants, incuts and outs. We use this pick up small yards until we're at 4 trying to mash the ball inbehind and less than powerfull O-line.

I doubt Gilbride is going to change at this point so we might as well get used to it. Also some of our GreenZone issues are masked by the fact that we can and will score the ball from any part of the field. We're going to score more points beyond the greenzone than any other team this year...so it all comes out in the wash.