PDA

View Full Version : Major Props to our secondary

pacco_diablo
09-23-2012, 11:52 AM
It was great seeing our CBs, especially Amukamara, play as well as they did. I'm very worried about our DB situation but with them clocking more professional time as a unit they've shown that there is hope. There is no doubt in my mind that our achilles heel is at the corner position. Fewell did an excellent job calling the panthers game and the defense did equally as well following through. I truly hope that it's a groove that we can get into.

ELIte4MVP
09-23-2012, 12:01 PM
if prince and hosley can stay healthy and get a lot of game reps, i will actually be extremely happy with our secondary. we have a great safety pair, and between hosley prince and c-web, if all healthy and working together, we could actually finally have a decent secondary

Rusty192
09-23-2012, 12:04 PM
I agree. They hardly blew any coverages thursday. But our D-line was nasty. I saw constant pressure. cam didnt know what him him.

drewz
09-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Is it possible our secondary goes from liability to strength in a matter of weeks? I think so, it's just up to Perry Fewell to put them in the right places.

Rusty192
09-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Agreed man. And if they can stay injury-free.

giantsfan420
09-23-2012, 12:17 PM
prince webster and hosely should be more than decent. i expect our secondary to be dominant. we do have the talent and pieces there, we just need them to be healthy as a collective unit and get reps together. Almost like an OL, the more time to gel the better.

TheEnigma
09-23-2012, 12:23 PM
If Hosley continues to play at the level we've seen so far, he might known across the league as the prototypical zone coverage cornerback.

Tmurda1984
09-23-2012, 01:03 PM
As long as Webster can cover the opposing team's number 1 threat we will be ok. Webster has to stop falling for double moves and Rolle needs to stop getting caught looking in the backfield and read the QB's eyes. Im glad Hosley is stepping up our defense looks bad when Rolle tries to cover the slot. Our secondary will be ok once we figure out Rolle can't cover a slot receiver man to man.

giantsfan420
09-23-2012, 01:50 PM
enigma-why would he be considered a zone corner? the big plays he's made have been in man. i have been real impressed with how well he can mirror the wr

TextureDj
09-23-2012, 04:14 PM
enigma-why would he be considered a zone corner? the big plays he's made have been in man. i have been real impressed with how well he can mirror the wr

When people hear a guy is a ball hawk they immediately think he is only effective in a zone scheme where he has the freedom to jump certain routes as the transition into a S or other CBs responsibility.

Just because a guy can be a ball hawk doesnt mean his coverage skills are lacking, one can have both attributes. I agree to have both in a corner is rare but Hosely seems like he can do both well.

RoanokeFan
09-23-2012, 04:22 PM
When people hear a guy is a ball hawk they immediately think he is only effective in a zone scheme where he has the freedom to jump certain routes as the transition into a S or other CBs responsibility.

Just because a guy can be a ball hawk doesnt mean his coverage skills are lacking, one can have both attributes. I agree to have both in a corner is rare but Hosely seems like he can do both well.

Being a rookie, we have every reason to believe he's gong to improve his skill sets and, if that's a safe assumption, he could well be a tremendous talent for us.

TheEnigma
09-23-2012, 04:24 PM

Most of his snaps have been in zone coverage and so far this season, teams haven't challenged him that often due to his skills. I agree that he has made plays in man coverage but I think his ability to shutdown in the zone has been more impressive.

giantsfan420
09-23-2012, 08:20 PM
well thats awesome. i knew he had been solid, but didnt realize his zone has been better than his man coverage. thats saying a lot bc his man skill is sick

Captain Chaos
09-24-2012, 06:07 AM
They will get tested this week against the Eagles, they have a few receivers that can play!

Fharcyde
09-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Cam Newton was off on a handful of his throws. I think there we gave them more opportunities than we should have. It's good to have Hosley and Amukamara getting experience though. The more snaps they play the more prepared they'll be for the long haul.

JB456
09-24-2012, 02:44 PM
I hope Hosely has a pick six on Philly's first offensive possession. How awsome would that be?

Toadofsteel
09-24-2012, 03:35 PM
I hope Hosely has a pick six on Philly's first offensive possession. How awsome would that be?

I would have to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming...