PDA

View Full Version : cowboys oline

I Bleed Blue 56
09-23-2012, 05:21 PM
This game was horrible watching in every aspect of football. Seriously though therr oline is going to get romo hurt bigtime. The Buca dline looked vicious today and one play Romo got crushed and had his eyes closed like he passed out. SerIts seriously going to be a long season for them

miked1958
09-23-2012, 05:47 PM
To bad TB didn't have one more TD in them and pull out a 1 pt win. Now we have to hear that fool Cre all week ranting about how great his team is.. Heck I know the cowboys played like crap but that guy was in here all last week after his team got destroyed 27-7. So I'd think it's fair to say after a stinker win he will be here

Parademon
09-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Saw the entire game. Boys O-line is gonna make the Bears D salivate next Monday night! They couldn't pass protect & the great DeMarco ran for 38yds on like 18 carries. Against this same Buc D we threw 51 times & allowed 0 sacks. Romo got stomped big time by the Bucs front 4. Cowboys O-line will be their downfall this yr. Also, Josh Freeman is an aweful QB!

miked1958
09-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Yea just to bad TB couldn't of pull that game out

casvdry
09-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Saw the entire game. Boys O-line is gonna make the Bears D salivate next Monday night! They couldn't pass protect & the great DeMarco ran for 38yds on like 18 carries. Against this same Buc D we threw 51 times & allowed 0 sacks. Romo got stomped big time by the Bucs front 4. Cowboys O-line will be their downfall this yr. Also, Josh Freeman is an aweful QB!

Nothing new there.

JayMillah
09-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Saw the entire game. Boys O-line is gonna make the Bears D salivate next Monday night! They couldn't pass protect & the great DeMarco ran for 38yds on like 18 carries. Against this same Buc D we threw 51 times & allowed 0 sacks. Romo got stomped big time by the Bucs front 4. Cowboys O-line will be their downfall this yr. Also, Josh Freeman is an aweful QB!\

Pretty sure you guys allowed 38 points last week to him.

Giants5699
09-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Freeman should be unemployed. That was the worst QB performance I have ever seen.

Ntegrase96
09-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Freeman should be unemployed. That was the worst QB performance I have ever seen.

He played pretty awful, but you have to give credit where credit is due. The Cowboys secondary has been pretty good so far.

Giants5699
09-23-2012, 08:04 PM
He played pretty awful, but you have to give credit where credit is due. The Cowboys secondary has been pretty good so far.

They were good, but Freeman won the Cowboys that game. He was your game MVP.

Ntegrase96
09-23-2012, 08:04 PM
The offensive line for the Cowboys has been pretty bad because of a few reasons. Been pretty inconsistent thus far. But Doug Free has taken a huge step back. That seems to be the biggest issue.

At any rate, it's the weakest part of the team right now. Hopefully it and the defensive line will be addressed in FA and the draft next year.

Ntegrase96
09-23-2012, 08:07 PM
They were good, but Freeman won the Cowboys that game. He was your game MVP.

mmk...?

TheEnigma
09-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Cowboys corners are good but I'd say they weren't really tested too much throughout that game. Mike Sullivan called a horrible game. Too predicable.

Ntegrase96
09-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Cowboys corners are good but I'd say they weren't really tested too much throughout that game. Mike Sullivan called a horrible game. Too predicable.

Right, not really 'tested' but the throws that did 'test' the secondary were just shut down. Jenkins covered Vjax very well, Carr covered him better. Hell, Scandrick covered Vjax pretty well also on his only completion.

I still haven't gotten a chance to watch the all 22 footage yet, but Claiborne has to be doing something right. he hasn't been contested nearly at all except for early in the Seattle game where he made a nice play on the ball.

Giants5699
09-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Right, not really 'tested' but the throws that did 'test' the secondary were just shut down. Jenkins covered Vjax very well, Carr covered him better. Hell, Scandrick covered Vjax pretty well also on his only completion.

I still haven't gotten a chance to watch the all 22 footage yet, but Claiborne has to be doing something right. he hasn't been contested nearly at all except for early in the Seattle game where he made a nice play on the ball.

I could be a CB in the NFL against Josh Freeman with the way he played today. Just saying...

NASTI-D-AWSUM-O
09-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Remember 3 picks 1 for TD and 2 basically in red zone. Giant offense spotted'em 21 points. The defense all in all was pretty stingey.

TheEnigma
09-23-2012, 08:42 PM

Majority of those throws were on 3rd and longs and we all know that it's easier to defend against the pass when we know it's coming. Freeman missed a couple throws when the receivers did manage to get separation (not that often to the credit of the Boys DBs). It's sort of like how we manhandled the Panthers: A lot of it had to do with the other team not showing up or playing to their full potential.

Parademon
09-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Remember 3 picks 1 for TD and 2 basically in red zone. Giant offense spotted'em 21 points. The defense all in all was pretty stingey.

Their other 2 Td drives were 28 & 13 yds so I'm not gonna jump on the D for that. They played lights out in the 2nd half only allowing 10pts. As I stated over on the Cowboys site. let me know the next time Dallas comes back from being down 24-13 at the half & 27-16 going into the 4th qt.

Bucs are a bad team. We made them look better with the 3 1st half turnovers.We lit em up for 41 pts, Boys managed 16 & let their D mutilate Romo while we passed 51 times & they didn't sack Eli once!

ProfessorCrue
09-24-2012, 02:20 AM
whereas it wasnt the prettiest game by the offense, the Dallas D kicked the bucs asses all afternoon.

eli=lolololol

Ntegrase96
09-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Bucs are a bad team. We made them look better with the 3 1st half turnovers.We lit em up for 41 pts, Boys managed 16 & let their D mutilate Romo while we passed 51 times & they didn't sack Eli once!

And the Minnesota Vikings beat the 49ers yesterday. It's a week to week league. Some days teams show up, some days they don't. I don't think we can classify who is a 'good team' and who is a 'bad team' just yet.

Ntegrase96
09-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Majority of those throws were on 3rd and longs and we all know that it's easier to defend against the pass when we know it's coming. Freeman missed a couple throws when the receivers did manage to get separation (not that often to the credit of the Boys DBs). It's sort of like how we manhandled the Panthers: A lot of it had to do with the other team not showing up or playing to their full potential.

Right the Bucs OC didn't do anything to help the offense succeed. All I'm saying is the plays that they tried to make, weren't made, much to the credit of the Dallas CBs (plays like the pass to Vincent Jackson that was swatted down by Jenkins, the pass to Vjax broken up by Carr on the sidelines, etc) I'll look at the all 22 film sometime tomorrow and have a better understanding.

TheEnigma
09-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Right the Bucs OC didn't do anything to help the offense succeed. All I'm saying is the plays that they tried to make, weren't made, much to the credit of the Dallas CBs (plays like the pass to Vincent Jackson that was swatted down by Jenkins, the pass to Vjax broken up by Carr on the sidelines, etc) I'll look at the all 22 film sometime tomorrow and have a better understanding.

Fair enough. I'm not disrespecting your D which looks legit this year but just saying that the Bucs offense probably isn't the standard to get excited about shutting down. The Giants running over the Panthers run defense for example doesn't mean that the Giants run offense is suddenly back.

Ntegrase96
09-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Fair enough. I'm not disrespecting your D which looks legit this year but just saying that the Bucs offense probably isn't the standard to get excited about shutting down. The Giants running over the Panthers run defense for example doesn't mean that the Giants run offense is suddenly back.

Oh I agree. By no means is shutting down the Tampa defense a reason to get excited (especially when we lose our best safety in the process).

The Cowboys defense is semi-legit from what I can tell. I feel comfortable saying that the defensive backs are the strength of our defense (including LBers). However, our D-line is mediocre at best. There are flashes of great d line play, but it's rather inconsistent and they get pushed around a lot. Only Jason Hatcher should be considered 'good' on the D line right now.

IMO, The defense is about a draft/FA period away from being a top defense in the league.

I Bleed Blue 56
09-24-2012, 09:50 PM
The offensive line for the Cowboys has been pretty bad because of a few reasons. Been pretty inconsistent thus far. But Doug Free has taken a huge step back. That seems to be the biggest issue.

At any rate, it's the weakest part of the team right now. Hopefully it and the defensive line will be addressed in FA and the draft next year. With what money can the cowboys address the d line? You guys are over the cap sorry but tge cowboys will start going backwards before going foward.

ProfessorCrue
09-24-2012, 10:07 PM
uh, no they're not over the cap

miked1958
09-24-2012, 10:13 PM
\Pretty sure you guys allowed 38 points last week to him.It was 27 but I get your point. However we had a makeshift secondary and a lot of those points were from short fields due to 2 of Eli's first have picks. The third first half int was a pick six so it was not scored on the defense which allowed tb to score a tool of 34pts. However 604 yards of offense later and 41 points and the Bucs were toast. How many points did dallas score on that pathetic defense? 16 lol

Ntegrase96
09-24-2012, 10:53 PM
It was 27 but I get your point. However we had a makeshift secondary and a lot of those points were from short fields due to 2 of Eli's first have picks. The third first half int was a pick six so it was not scored on the defense which allowed tb to score a tool of 34pts. However 604 yards of offense later and 41 points and the Bucs were toast. How many points did dallas score on that pathetic defense? 16 lol

Goes both ways. The only points the Bucs scored on Dallas were off of an Early Romo int (aided with a bs PI call as well), and a garbage time FG.

Ntegrase96
09-24-2012, 10:59 PM
With what money can the cowboys address the d line? You guys are over the cap sorry but tge cowboys will start going backwards before going foward.

Nope. Your team is the only team that ever had cap issues in the NFCE this year, which is ironic since your team benefitted three fold from the cap sanctions imposed on both the Cowboys and Skins.

The Cowboys are about 7 million under the cap as of now, even after taking the hit from the sanctions if I'm not mistaken.

But to answer your question, there are players that most likely won't be resigned next year that will also free up more cap space (Coleman, Jenkins, and maybe even Spencer) and dead money from this year that won't be there next year.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-24-2012, 11:10 PM
And the Minnesota Vikings beat the 49ers yesterday. It's a week to week league. Some days teams show up, some days they don't. I don't think we can classify who is a 'good team' and who is a 'bad team' just yet.I totally agree with your statement! Yes we played bad against your team but now we are on the upside where your team needs adjustments.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-24-2012, 11:26 PM
Nope. Your team is the only team that ever had cap issues in the NFCE this year, which is ironic since your team benefitted three fold from the cap sanctions imposed on both the Cowboys and Skins.

The Cowboys are about 7 million under the cap as of now, even after taking the hit from the sanctions if I'm not mistaken.

But to answer your question, there are players that most likely won't be resigned next year that will also free up more cap space (Coleman, Jenkins, and maybe even Spencer) and dead money from this year that won't be there next year.You seem to be in the Cowpokes pockets. Are you a member of the team in any way?