PDA

View Full Version : Everything is set up for us to DESTROY the Eagles...

NYG4lifeNYK
09-23-2012, 09:10 PM
It's in Philly, we've had 10 days off to heal up, our O-line is looking very good, our offense looks unstoppable, our run game is so potent with Andre Brown, the pass rush is starting to wake up, Prince & Hosely improve a bad secondary...

Vick is awful, their O-line is awful, Vick is awful, they're undisciplined, Vick is awful.

We are starting to click more and more each week.

This is not a RAH RAH post, this should be a statement game for us.

Flip Empty
09-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Stats and previous performances mean zero in NFC East match-ups

brad
Seems like every week someone says "this is a statement game for us"... not so sure it applies against the Eagles. Not winning would be more of a statement considering how poorly the Eagles have been playing. Other than that, I absolutely agree :)

Robz
Everything looks that way, but in NFC east games you just never know....i pray we start off fast like we did against the panthers.

Cool Papa B.
09-23-2012, 09:21 PM
You forgot to mention that Vic is awful.....

Seriously though, I haven't been able to stop thinking about this game since this past Friday. Man, I want to beat the Eagles so bad! Beating Cam got us prepared for Vic and I think we will beat them by 10 points. Just please, please, please don't turn the ball over.

TopleyBird
09-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Oh man watching that Eagles O-Line today... I cannot wait to see what JPP, Osi, and Tuck are going to do against those guys.

GMENAGAIN
09-23-2012, 09:25 PM
. . . . and what usually happens when "everything is set up for us"????

FBomb
09-23-2012, 09:32 PM
I always hope that the Giants continue to dominate from one game to the next, but I never count on it. At best, I would be certain that the Eagles will be as terrible as they seem.

Vick is awful.

giantsfan420
09-23-2012, 09:33 PM
i just hope PF doesnt get cute and try to put JPP over the new C for Philly whose replacing Kelce bc Vick will roll outside like Romo. Leave JPP and Osi on the edges and rush Tuck up the C if u wanna do that.

but i dont think it even really matters. i saw a lot similar to last yr week 2 2nd half vs STL and how we propelled ourselves in that half to a nice win streak. I felt we'd beat Carolina blow out style, and to be honest, I believe we will win by a couple scores. Vick has now completely regressed into the run first, inaccurate passer. blitz him from his left and force him right and that should handle that.

i have ZERO concern with Eli and the offense. use the pass to open the run, finish more drives, and make a statement by beating philly handily

Giants5699
09-23-2012, 09:34 PM
As the great Lawrence Taylor once said, "let's go out there like a bunch of crazed dogs"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wiQ18jDWqo

TopleyBird
09-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Really, we have nothing to fear about the Eagles offense. For some reason, their OC is too stupid to realize that McCoy is an all-star and his carriers have been sparse. And Vick? He has looked horrible, I don't see that changing.

We will have to account for the Eagles pass rush/front 7 which is by far the best we have faced all year. I don't see their secondary playing as far off our receivers as Carolina's did.

juice33s
09-23-2012, 09:37 PM
i just hope PF doesnt get cute and try to put JPP over the new C for Philly whose replacing Kelce bc Vick will roll outside like Romo. Leave JPP and Osi on the edges and rush Tuck up the C if u wanna do that.

but i dont think it even really matters. i saw a lot similar to last yr week 2 2nd half vs STL and how we propelled ourselves in that half to a nice win streak. I felt we'd beat Carolina blow out style, and to be honest, I believe we will win by a couple scores. Vick has now completely regressed into the run first, inaccurate passer. blitz him from his left and force him right and that should handle that.

i have ZERO concern with Eli and the offense. use the pass to open the run, finish more drives, and make a statement by beating philly handily
Thats no longer necesarry, I don't think defenses stack 8 in the box against Eli that much these days...If anything use the run to set up the playaction

joemorrisforprez
09-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Three points before people get overconfident....

1) Throw the records out the window....we are talking about the Giants v. the Eagles.
2) A team isn't as good as their last win might make them appear (Giants)
3) A team isn't as bad as their last loss might make them appear (Eagles)

Remember, this is a Giants team that came out flat in it's home opener against Dallas, and needed a mad scramble to defeat a 1-2 Bucs team.

The Giants have played exactly ONE complete game this year. They'll need to play as well, or better than, they played in Carolina to beat the Eagles on the road. Having said that, I like the Giants' chances next week....but nothing is in the bag, and I'm expecting the Eagles to put together their best game of the season.

brad
09-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Thats no longer necesarry, I don't think defenses stack 8 in the box against Eli that much these days...If anything use the run to set up the playaction

Agreed, teams seem to be keeping that safety back now, and I don't see that changing against the Eagles. There should be some good running lanes, and the run game will be needed to slow down the pass rush.

But... if they do start bringing up the safety, then setting up the run with pass is the way to go. I guess it depends on how the Eagles defense tries to play it.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-23-2012, 09:56 PM

1) Throw the records out the window....this it Giants v. Eagles.
2) A team isn't as good as their last win might make them look (Giants)
3) A team isn't as bad as their last loss mights make them look (Eagles)

Having said that, I like the Giants' chances next week....but nothing is in the bag, and I'm expecting the Eagles to put together their best game of the season.
We are a very good team we just started out slow. Our defense is going to be a work in progress all season. The pass rush is waking up.
Philly is a bad football team. Michael Vick is an awful QB and he took 768967986 hits today.

drewz
09-23-2012, 10:05 PM

1) Throw the records out the window....we are talking about the Giants v. the Eagles.
2) A team isn't as good as their last win might make them appear (Giants)
3) A team isn't as bad as their last loss might make them appear (Eagles)

Remember, this is a Giants team that came out flat in it's home opener against Dallas, and needed a mad scramble to defeat a 1-2 Bucs team.

The Giants have played exactly ONE complete game this year. They'll need to play as well, or better than, they played in Carolina to beat the Eagles on the road. Having said that, I like the Giants' chances next week....but nothing is in the bag, and I'm expecting the Eagles to put together their best game of the season.

That's ridiculous bruh, the one thing holding back this offense from being completely dominant is the offensive line. If it holds up like it has the past two weeks, we will win... but we know how the Giants do in games they "should" win, so I'm not gonna be over confident, but I really like our chances.

BigBlue1971
09-23-2012, 10:28 PM
id like to think the Giants will have the same game plan as they did for the Panthers with the score ending the same way!

but it is a division game against the egirls so we can expect fireworks at some point! i still think the Giants will mangle them at their place!

Flip Empty
09-23-2012, 10:29 PM
We are a very good team we just started out slow. Our defense is going to be a work in progress all season. The pass rush is waking up.
Philly is a bad football team. Michael Vick is an awful QB and he took 768967986 hits today.
They were a bad team last year and they beat the Giants with their backup QB. Whatever happens before the game means absolutely nothing.

mike kennedy
09-23-2012, 10:40 PM
No such thing as a sure thing and previous weeks play means nothing in the NFL.

Rusty192
09-23-2012, 10:43 PM
They were a bad team last year and they beat the Giants with their backup QB. Whatever happens before the game means absolutely nothing.We took them lightly because they had a back-up. They will get up for Vick. Giants ALWAYS play well for Vick. We win this one handily.

BParcells777
09-23-2012, 10:46 PM
lets remain humble
we are surging but todays games should teach you anyone can beat anyone in this league

Rusty192
09-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Well it's the Giants job to be humble. Not mine. We're gonna kick em around.

joemorrisforprez
09-23-2012, 10:56 PM
That's ridiculous bruh, the one thing holding back this offense from being completely dominant is the offensive line. If it holds up like it has the past two weeks, we will win... but we know how the Giants do in games they "should" win, so I'm not gonna be over confident, but I really like our chances.

What's ridiculous?

The Giants lost to Dallas, and almost got beat by a mediocre Bucs team. The Giants have played one good game this season. Therefore, I'm just trying to put things in perspective.

And I recall last year alot of fans thought the Giants would "destroy" the Vince Young Eagles at the Meadowlands.

joemorrisforprez
09-23-2012, 10:59 PM

Philly is a 2-1 team after running into a buzzsaw defense on the road.

They are going home to regroup and face a Giants team that hasn't found it's 2011 pass rush.

JJC7301
09-23-2012, 11:05 PM
+1. The Eagles have beaten the Giants 7 out of the last 8 games. Doesn't mean that the Giants aren't very good and can't beat them, but the Eagles will definitely be up for this game, just like the Giants will.

I don't take anything from the Cards game today and apply it to next week.

TheBookOfEli
09-23-2012, 11:07 PM
This will not be a easy match. Eagles rarely play like crap against us. If we win this game, it'll be very close.

joemorrisforprez
09-23-2012, 11:10 PM
+1. The Eagles have beaten the Giants 7 out of the last 8 games. Doesn't mean that the Giants aren't very good and can't beat them, but the Eagles will definitely be up for this game, just like the Giants will.

I don't take anything from the Cards game today and apply it to next week.

This will not be a easy match. Eagles rarely play like crap against us. If we win this game, it'll be very close.

EXACTLY.

I'm optimistic, but I'm not thinking the Giants are going to destroy the Eagles. If the Giants bring their "A" game, they can hopefully get the hell out of there with a win.

The Eagles just got their asses handed to them.....they'll want to redeem themselves next weekend.

I've watched this rivalry since Ron Jaworski was the Eagles QB.......I've seen way too many ****ed up outcomes to be overconfident.

GiantGremlin
09-23-2012, 11:30 PM
It's in Philly, we've had 10 days off to heal up, our O-line is looking very good, our offense looks unstoppable, our run game is so potent with Andre Brown, the pass rush is starting to wake up, Prince & Hosely improve a bad secondary...

Vick is awful, their O-line is awful, Vick is awful, they're undisciplined, Vick is awful.

Yeah, I've heard this one before, haven't the Eagles beaten the Giants 7 out of the last 8 times or something like that? It's going to be a tough game

joemorrisforprez
09-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I've heard this one before, haven't the Eagles beaten the Giants 7 out of the last 8 times or something like that? It's going to be a tough game

You've obviously watched plenty of Eagles/Giants games.

Like I mentioned before....I think the Giants can win, but they'll need to come out of the gate like that Panthers game.

If they play like they did in Week 1, it could be a long night.

Buddy333
09-23-2012, 11:38 PM
The Eagles own the Giants. New season though. Hopefully the Giants can start to dominate the Eagles.

BParcells777
09-23-2012, 11:42 PM
they no longer own the Giants.........last year we beat the heck out of them and broke Vicks ribs........sending them on a downward spiral

Buddy333
09-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Really? What's the record between these 2 teams over the last 8 games? They own the Giants.

BParcells777
09-24-2012, 12:02 AM
you must be an Eagles fan.......my condolences

The record between these two teams is 0-0..........we have a 33% replacement rate from the roster last year

Just pray we do not rip you to pieces like we did Superman and his crew. You guys cannot handle our heat.

I don't think we have played the Eagles in the last 8 games........most of those games were in the playoffs.......you guys did not make the dance LOL

NYG4lifeNYK
09-24-2012, 12:18 AM

The record between these two teams is 0-0..........we have a 33% replacement rate from the roster last year

Just pray we do not rip you to pieces like we did Superman and his crew. You guys cannot handle our heat.

I don't think we have played the Eagles in the last 8 games........most of those games were in the playoffs.......you guys did not make the dance LOL
You referring to Buddy? Lol, he's a Giants fan although he gives up on us after one game every year lol

NYG4lifeNYK
09-24-2012, 02:04 AM
We just came off a DOMINATING Carolina win.... vs Cam Newton who is Vick on steroids.

Add on to the fact we will have had 10 days to prepare for this game. Oh and Asante is no longer an Eagle lol

We will be exponentially prepared in every facet of the game. Philly we be out coached, out physicaled, out executed and simply out played by a better football team the New York Giants.

Blowout coming in Philly courtesy of Big Blue.

BMW
09-24-2012, 02:06 AM
As much as I would love for that to happen, lets not get ahead of ourselves. We rarely have a good game vs the eagles.

RagTime Blue
09-24-2012, 02:11 AM
Looks like the Birds are favored by a couple points.

The Dream Team lives.

WEG313
09-24-2012, 02:12 AM
And let's not forget that Philly was on the road today, playing out west in Phoenix...and Maclin did not suit up. Neither is likely to be the case next week in Philly.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-24-2012, 02:12 AM
As much as I would love for that to happen, lets not get ahead of ourselves. We rarely have a good game vs the eagles.
Thanks in large part to Asante Samuel who has recently departed ;)

Marvelousmik
09-24-2012, 03:33 AM
We just came off a DOMINATING Carolina win.... vs Cam Newton who is Vick on steroids.

Add on to the fact we will have had 10 days to prepare for this game. Oh and Asante is no longer an Eagle lol

We will be exponentially prepared in every facet of the game. Philly we be out coached, out physicaled, out executed and simply out played by a better football team the New York Giants.

Blowout coming in Philly courtesy of Big Blue.

Just the other week you were talking about how bad the o line was and how bad the coaching was. After one good game all of a sudden the team will be well prepared and our running game is a beast. Pass experiences rooting for this team should have shown you that it all depends on which giant team shows up to play. This team is not very consistent week to week.

When you take a good look at what the giants has done so far this season, you will see that we beat 2 below average teams. the panthers and bucs were horrible last year. The eagles will be a much better test. I cant wait for the game and I Sure hope you are right.

Diamondring
09-24-2012, 03:39 AM
Just the other week you were talking about how bad the o line was and how bad the coaching was. After one good game all of a sudden the team will be well prepared and our running game is a beast. Pass experiences rooting for this team should have shown you that it all depends on which giant team shows up to play. This team is not very consistent week to week.

I Sure hope you are right though.I didn't critisize the O-line cause I know life and the game. Against Dallas, Giants scored 17 points and could have scored more. If the O-line was that bad, then the Giants wouldn't have scored at all.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-24-2012, 03:45 AM

When you take a good look at what the giants has done so far this season, you will see that we beat 2 below average teams. the panthers and bucs were horrible last year. The eagles will be a much better test. I cant wait for the game and I Sure hope you are right.

Wasn't the other day was week 1 and that's because we looked atrocious lol

Diehl went down and Beatty is back and now we look great. Coaching was awful vs Dallas. Whole team was terrible, players and coaches.

Andre Brown gives us a very potent run game.

We are a very good team no matter who we faced. We are getting healthy. Our defense will be a work in progress but with Eli and our offense we can win any game.

Captain Chaos
09-24-2012, 04:40 AM
I think the word is consistency. The Giant's haven't demonstrated that this year. That said I like our chances.

Captain Chaos
09-24-2012, 04:57 AM

Agree, they will be looking to regroup after that poor showing, we seemed to be able to do that why can't they.

Diamondring
09-24-2012, 05:17 AM

I don't think we have played the Eagles in the last 8 games........most of those games were in the playoffs.......you guys did not make the dance LOLI hate to say it but he is right and you know why it happened? The Giants don't really try to score a lot of points. They don't try to break records wih they should have done against the Egals in 010 when the Egals had that big comeback from behind win. Yet this time I hope that the Giants play hard and run up the score if they get the lead instead of trying to run out the rest of the clock wich hey tried to in the Egals big comeback. Giants should not go back to that ball control style until they are made to do that. I believe that the Giants will score a lot and try to rip Eagles a new one.

Marvelousmik
09-24-2012, 05:31 AM
Wasn't the other day was week 1 and that's because we looked atrocious lol

Diehl went down and Beatty is back and now we look great. Coaching was awful vs Dallas. Whole team was terrible, players and coaches.

Andre Brown gives us a very potent run game.

We are a very good team no matter who we faced. We are getting healthy. Our defense will be a work in progress but with Eli and our offense we can win any game.

Eagle fans are just as confident. Only time will tell.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/650663-the-worst-part-is-theyll-probably-beat-the-giants-next-week/

NYGabriel
09-24-2012, 05:48 AM
KoD. Kiss of Death thread.

lawrenceS59
09-24-2012, 05:51 AM
When was the last "easy" division game the Giants had? From what I remember, all division games are HARD.

SweetZombieJesus
09-24-2012, 06:02 AM
Unfortunately what I've learned in the decades I've observed this rivalry is this:

Giants crush last opponent
Eagles get crushed by last opponent
Long wait between games
prime time spotlight
--------------------------------------

= low scoring quagmire that the Eagles probably win

JimC
09-24-2012, 06:05 AM
We just came off a DOMINATING Carolina win.... vs Cam Newton who is Vick on steroids.Add on to the fact we will have had 10 days to prepare for this game. Oh and Asante is no longer an Eagle lolWe will be exponentially prepared in every facet of the game. Philly we be out coached, out physicaled, out executed and simply out played by a better football team the New York Giants.Blowout coming in Philly courtesy of Big Blue.Stop it just stop it! This will be on tough game.

SweetZombieJesus
09-24-2012, 06:07 AM
Really? What's the record between these 2 teams over the last 8 games? They own the Giants.

What was the Giants' record agains the Redskins before last year? Both streaks are over.

OX1
09-24-2012, 06:21 AM
Philly is a 2-1 team after running into a buzzsaw defense on the road.

They are going home to regroup and face a Giants team that hasn't found it's 2011 pass rush.

Yup, don't think I have ever seen the giants secondary cover as well and as long as the cards did.
No shots down the field until we have 2 scores. Dink and dunk it to 14 nothin as soon as we can.

GMENAGAIN
09-24-2012, 06:31 AM
lol . . . it's like some of you just became Giants fans yesterday . . . .

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 06:38 AM
I appreciate the confidence and positive attitude and hope we continue to improve every week to a 15 - 1 record. But I've been a fan long enough to know that, as we did for game 1, we can't take anything for granted and if we think any team, especially division rivals is just going to lick their wounds from a previous loss(es) we need to brace ourselves for disappointment. The Eagles, arguably, should be 0 - 3, but they found a way to win their first two games.

I know we can win any game we're in and I approach every game believing we will win. But we never should have lost to Dallas and yet we did.

I seem to recall a game not long ago where we had the Eagles down by 20+ points and, in less than 8 minutes......

brad
09-24-2012, 07:10 AM
Unfortunately what I've learned in the decades I've observed this rivalry is this:

Giants crush last opponent
Eagles get crushed by last opponent
Long wait between games
prime time spotlight
--------------------------------------

= low scoring quagmire that the Eagles probably win

+1 We have seen that way too many times... on paper the Giants should win this game, but games aren't played on paper. I do believe the Giants SHOULD win, but like your post said... it doesn't always work out that way.

Rusty192
09-24-2012, 07:24 AM
I seem to recall a game not long ago where we had the Eagles down by 20+ points and, in less than 8 minutes......Its not like that happened 25 years ago. that game is still fresh in our minds. Sooner or later we'll take one to the eagls. hey wait, I seem to remember us doing it to them last year in philly. People seem to forget that one. We've been burned by them in the past, but like those lovely Eagles fans always let us know: lets stop living in the past. I'm not going to go pounding my chest saying we'll crush them to the whole town. But I def think we win this game.

As for the debacle two years ago...If the Giants let that happen again, then they don't deserve our being a fan of them quite honestly.

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 07:47 AM
Its not like that happened 25 years ago. that game is still fresh in our minds. Sooner or later we'll take one to the eagls. hey wait, I seem to remember us doing it to them last year in philly. People seem to forget that one. We've been burned by them in the past, but like those lovely Eagles fans always let us know: lets stop living in the past. I'm not going to go pounding my chest saying we'll crush them to the whole town. But I def think we win this game.

As for the debacle two years ago...If the Giants let that happen again, then they don't deserve our being a fan of them quite honestly.

Do you really feel that way?

Rusty192
09-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Do you really feel that way?Well knowing me, I'd drag my bum over and still be a fan. Love the Giants too much.

Hope that never happens again. but hey if they won another SB again shortly after a like a loss like that, then maybe we could talk :D

egyptian420
09-24-2012, 07:59 AM
I appreciate the confidence and positive attitude and hope we continue to improve every week to a 15 - 1 record. But I've been a fan long enough to know that, as we did for game 1, we can't take anything for granted and if we think any team, especially division rivals is just going to lick their wounds from a previous loss(es) we need to brace ourselves for disappointment. The Eagles, arguably, should be 0 - 3, but they found a way to win their first two games.

I know we can win any game we're in and I approach every game believing we will win. But we never should have lost to Dallas and yet we did.

I seem to recall a game not long ago where we had the Eagles down by 20+ points and, in less than 8 minutes......
I couldn't agree more man....no wins are easy in this league, especially for our team. I think we will win (as I do going into any game) but I know there is always just as big of a chance of losing.

Division games are no joke (ex. Redskins series last year)

GMan-67
09-24-2012, 08:08 AM
very glad they lost, but it actually makes our task more difficult ... they will play their best game of the season vs. us ... but that's what we want, that's what we need .... we have lofty goals so bring 'em on ... bring 'em all on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buddy333
09-24-2012, 08:29 AM
Look, things change, but it is what it is and as of now they own the Giants. Hey, there was a time when the Giants owned the Eagles. They actually beat them 9 times in a row. Since then, the Eagles have won 16 of 24 games against the Giants. They have also won 7 of the last 8 games. Not saying the Giants don't have a chance.

GameTime
09-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Giants at Eagles....nuff said.
throw everyting else out the window......

miked1958
09-24-2012, 08:40 AM

I don't take anything from the Cards game today and apply it to next week.Agreed. It would not surprise me in the least if the eagles come out on Sunday night prime time and play the game of their lives against us. I was looking at the Eagles MB and they want change. They want vick and reid gone. They said everytime they get close to having it, they fool management with a great game in prime time against the giants. they reid gets a vote of confidence. they said the best thing for them would be for us to totally embarrass them on national tv.

also they were complaining that they dont have big WRs like the giants. were saying now because Djax is so small he couldnt barrel his way into the endzone on that pass right at the goal line prior to the fumble returned for a TD a few plays later before halftime. they said if it were Nicks its a TD. lol

SiddFinch1
09-24-2012, 08:52 AM
The more confident some fans get, the more nervous I get:eek:

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 09:31 AM
The more confident some fans get, the more nervous I get:eek: have faith the naysayers just haven't gotten up outta bed yet

Sarcasman
09-24-2012, 09:32 AM

This. A thousand times over.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
09-24-2012, 09:58 AM
I'm sure u thought the same thing when u heard last year Vick was out and we were playing Young. These games never go as planned, its always whoever wants it more.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Philly may be playing like crap but whether they deserve it or not they did beat Baltimore, so they are not a push-over that Arizona made them look like. Any given Sunday stance for NFC east match-up is probably a right approach given its history.

But,

For the team itself, I hope they still go out and play like champions and don't give Philly more credit than they deserve, the reason why NFC east match-up games end up being a toss up more often than they should probably may be because the superior team becomes overly cautious and gives the other team too much respect. Play fast, play aggressive, play dynamic, don't give a damn what color jersey they wear and what division they are in, just crush them.

I expect the world champions to crush Philly if Eli gets off to a fast start.

BParcells777
09-24-2012, 11:20 AM
have faith the naysayers just haven't gotten up outta bed yet

I'm not saying Nay RF but when we play the Eagles, you throw everything out the window.......I'm sure Andy stays up nights all winter and spring game planning for us. He will throw the book at us. Expect a lot of trick plays and QB draws etc......I would not be suprised by an onsides kick to start the second half, and a fake punt anywhere near the 50.
.....end arounds at any place on the field

He's hanging onto the job which he lives for by a thread, and I'm sure any loss to the Giants goes down in his owners book as 5 losses.

The Giants will go in there LaDeeDa trying to play them straight up, and will quickly learn for the umpteenth time they came to a knife fight with a cake cutter.......hopefully they re-callibrate quickly and do their thing.

I expect these guys to bring Max pressure on Eli, and try to run the ball........its their only chance to win. They will not pass us to death.....they would lose that battle.

Our answer should be to do the same.......Pressure Vick early, and run the ball judisiously

TheAnalyst
09-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Hmm. Kind of like last year when we had the Redskins game, the second one. We needed to win it, the Skins were looking bad with Rex Grossman. And they shelled us. Everything goes out the window in these NFC East games. It comes down to execution, and I'm not talking about Vick and his dogs.

dezzzR
09-24-2012, 11:25 AM

i have ZERO concern with Eli and the offense. use the pass to open the run, finish more drives, and make a statement by beating philly handilyOur DTs have been playing great. I think they can get t pressure up the middle on their own.

BigBlue wins
09-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Let's hope we start calling Vick: Michael Pick by the end of the game :)

TrueBlue@NYC
09-24-2012, 11:37 AM
I don't see how people can so easily put aside a team that's beaten us 7 of the last 8 times we've played them, regardless of what they did last week. The Eagles pass rush is better than anything the team has faced so far. This is actually going to be the true test for the revamped OL because neither TB or CAR have near the pass rush talent that PHI has in Cole, Babin and Jenkins.

To win this game our OL will need to win that battle, and the defense is going to have to get to Vick.

BlueReign
09-24-2012, 11:52 AM
The Giants don't blow out the Eagles. I would love to see it, but I don't think it'll happen. That being said, I still think the Giants win though, by about 10.

oldgiantfan
09-24-2012, 11:53 AM
It's always a close game when we play the Eagles. It's a division game and all bets are off.

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm not saying Nay RF but when we play the Eagles, you throw everything out the window.......I'm sure Andy stays up nights all winter and spring game planning for us. He will throw the book at us. Expect a lot of trick plays and QB draws etc......I would not be suprised by an onsides kick to start the second half, and a fake punt anywhere near the 50. .....end arounds at any place on the field He's hanging onto the job which he lives for by a thread, and I'm sure any loss to the Giants goes down in his owners book as 5 losses. The Giants will go in there LaDeeDa trying to play them straight up, and will quickly learn for the umpteenth time they came to a knife fight with a cake cutter.......hopefully they re-callibrate quickly and do their thing. I expect these guys to bring Max pressure on Eli, and try to run the ball........its their only chance to win. They will not pass us to death.....they would lose that battle. Our answer should be to do the same.......Pressure Vick early, and run the ball judisiously I agree that we need to play every game as though we could. lose

fivebass23
09-24-2012, 12:06 PM
JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE TO GO BACK IN THE WATER !!!!!!!!!!

thomsoad
09-24-2012, 12:08 PM

Everything you say regarding the Eagles is true...which is why Id bet we LOSE this upcoming game.
History has shown time and again...when we are expected to win we lose...when we are expected to lose we win.

CowboysSuck
09-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Im pumped as hell for this game, but theirs a HUGE difference between that and thinking we will dominate. Like everyone has already said, all bets are off in NFCE match ups.

Rudyy
09-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Just a second now,

I would LOVE for us to destroy the Eagles. From how the Eagles have been playing , and how we've recently been playing, we can..but will we? I'm not so sure.

CDN_G-FAN
09-24-2012, 12:27 PM
its a divisional game against Philly.....how could anyone think we're going to destroy them?

both the Bucs and Cowboys have been held to under 20 point offensive performances for every game this season, except the games where they played us.

if we had this smothering defense, sure, i could buy in. But Philly is gonna be in the game the whole day based on a defense that still doesn't cut it in my eyes.

nygon3
09-24-2012, 12:27 PM

btw i think you forgot to mention vick is awful...

giantsforce
09-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Everything you say regarding the Eagles is true...which is why Id bet we LOSE this upcoming game.
History has shown time and again...when we are expected to win we lose...when we are expected to lose we win.How true! People here forget that the Giants rarely play a complete game where they hit on all cylinders and that we had that game last week. Now it is time again for the nail-biters and the cardiac arrests type of games. Can we destroy the Eagles? Considering the number the Cards did on them, yes. Will we? No. We never have. I guess some people forgot that we were supposed to "destroy them" last year in our house because Vick was out. Any one remember what happened? It will all come down to 2 things; 1. can we take advantage of the turnovers and score in the "red/Green" zone, 2. Will Fewell send constant pressure on Vick? That's how the Cards did it. They hit him 20 times hard and it seemed that on every play, Vick was picking himself up wondering what was the number of the truck that hit him. However, every time they sat in to coverage, Vick had some great completions.

nygon3
09-24-2012, 12:29 PM
its a divisional game against Philly.....how could anyone think we're going to destroy them?

both the Bucs and Cowboys have been held to under 20 point offensive performances for every game this season, except the games where they played us.

if we had this smothering defense, sure, i could buy in. But Philly is gonna be in the game the whole day based on a defense that still doesn't cut it in my eyes.

We did destroy them then they came bac 20 someodd points in 8 minutes..If our d can hold them off to start the game and we can build an early lead i see it happening... but they awlays fight back from large defecits... I want to see Vick on the ground all night and no smiles on desean jackson's face. He is my most hated player in the NFL

BParcells777
09-24-2012, 12:31 PM
I hope Ojomo plays in this game

NASTI-D-AWSUM-O
09-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Heres the Deal boys. Its very Simple. Almost every match up favors BIG BLUE. On top of that most guys that were ijured are back and their rested.
Only disadvantage is its a road game, and with the Giants bieng the "ROAD WARRIORS" they have been, I see them winning this one by 2 scores or more.

31-10 CHAMPS............................................ .............

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Being a road game is almost a plus for this Giants team, they just play better on the road.

As much as NFCE games being close has its basis in reality, this Giants team has the it factor going for me, Andre Brown won't give a damn about how Philly plays tough against Giants, he's going to run hard and fast for the sake of his livelihood in NFL. I'm a little more doubtful towards Barden that he might have a letdown game, but if Nicks plays, he doesn't have to do too much so it's a non-issue. If Eli plays his game, and defense shows up, I expect a convincing win. Vick is just not there this season.

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 02:05 PM
I hope Ojomo plays in this game

It would be good to see him in the rotation

JB456
09-24-2012, 02:08 PM
It would be good to see him in the rotation

I didn't see Ojomo on the injury report? Did I miss something or is he finally ready to go?

B&RWarrior
09-24-2012, 03:01 PM
When playing an opponent that you know well we should expect a good game. Look for Vick to redeem himself. Giants win, but it will be no stroll in the park.

joemorrisforprez
09-24-2012, 03:21 PM
If Gilbride dusts off the same refried running game featuring Bad Wheels Bradshaw, I smell trouble.....we've lost 7 of the last 8 against the Eagles in part because they know our gameplan better than our own offense does.

The Giants have a golden opportunity with Andre Brown to finally exploit the weakness of the Eagles' Wide Nine...... their undersized defenders are going to have a rough time plugging the large holes that their stretched formation creates.....and when you got a back like Brown who can blow through arm tackles and run downhill, it makes it even more difficult.

But if Gilbride reverts back to Bradshaw, and insists on running parallel to the line of scrimmage, it will be the same ugly crap I've seen 7 of the last 8 games against the Eagles.

I'm begging you, Gilbride.....burn the old playbook. Give Bradshaw a rest, and stick with the hot hand.

G.I. Ants
09-24-2012, 03:55 PM
If Gilbride dusts off the same refried running game featuring Bad Wheels Bradshaw, I smell trouble.....we've lost 7 of the last 8 against the Eagles in part because they know our gameplan better than our own offense does.

The Giants have a golden opportunity with Andre Brown to finally exploit the weakness of the Eagles' Wide Nine...... their undersized defenders are going to have a rough time plugging the large holes that their stretched formation creates.....and when you got a back like Brown who can blow through arm tackles and run downhill, it makes it even more difficult.

But if Gilbride reverts back to Bradshaw, and insists on running parallel to the line of scrimmage, it will be the same ugly crap I've seen 7 of the last 8 games against the Eagles.

I'm begging you, Gilbride.....burn the old playbook. Give Bradshaw a rest, and stick with the hot hand.Remember, Philly is known for flooding the box to stop the run. With the addition of Ryan's, they have one of their best LB's in years to help stop the run. That being said, I think big blue will have a solid run game.

giantsfan420
09-24-2012, 04:04 PM
didnt we beat philly up badly last yr week 3 in philly? philly is not the same team that beat us those times in a row, and neither are we. that said, i actually love how we match up and i believe we win handily

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 04:12 PM
I like our fans to have a little more faith and belief in this team, really, yeah it's Philly and I know the history, but gosh darn, they are playing like crap. Believe in Eli.

Cobravision
09-24-2012, 04:20 PM
AZ matched up really well against the Eagles. Their CBs are better than the Giants, and they didn't have to contend with Maclin. And Reid decided to get his QB killed dropback after dropback instead of utilizing the services of one of the best RBs in the league. I assume he won't make the same mistake on Sunday.

This is going to be a hard fought game because they're still the Eagles. So don't kid yourself that the game will be easy.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 04:28 PM
But maybe they are not the same Eagles from 3 years ago, maybe they are a bad team who is living off past reputation that Dallas Cowboys are doing from the last Super Bowl title a million years ago and think they are a league's elite team. Har har.

RichardMc
09-24-2012, 04:34 PM
The Giants may have to do against the Eagles defensively some of what they did against the Panthers. At 3:40 left in the first quarter with first and 10 at the Panther 18 the Giants brought 4 and seem to be staying in their lane. JPP bats the ball down for an incomplete pass.

http://boards.giants.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=192&d=1348517739

Earlier in the quarter at 11:17 with 2-3 from their own 23 the Giants show some sort of cover 2 pre snap but K Phillips will bring pressure from the outside.
http://boards.giants.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=191&d=1348517636

After the snap it looks like Phillips plays contain while the inside of the line brings pressure from the middle. The result is an incomplete pass as Newton throws off his backfoot. I don't claim to be an expert but that is my take on it.
http://boards.giants.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=190&d=1348517452

Rusty192
09-24-2012, 06:26 PM

I'm begging you, Gilbride.....burn the old playbook. Give Bradshaw a rest, and stick with the hot hand.This is the best post in this entire thread. Logical with a nice outlook. None of this "Oh no, Philly has owned us, you cant say that!"... stuff I keep hearing.

What I want to know is: if they have owned for so long, how come we aren't we due for a win?

BMW
09-24-2012, 06:32 PM
I like our fans to have a little more faith and belief in this team, really, yeah it's Philly and I know the history, but gosh darn, they are playing like crap. Believe in Eli.I belive in Eli but it's our secondary that is injured all over the place which worries me.

JB456
09-24-2012, 06:35 PM
I belive in Eli but it's our secondary that is injured all over the place which worries me.

I really think the secondary is benefiting big time by these additional days off and they will come out strong. You are going to see something special come Sunday.

joemorrisforprez
09-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Remember, Philly is known for flooding the box to stop the run. With the addition of Ryan's, they have one of their best LB's in years to help stop the run. That being said, I think big blue will have a solid run game.

With our passing game, if they flood the box, Eli is going to crucify them.

Arizona has a sturdy defense, but the Cardinal's offense is nothing close to what the Giants have now. Philly can't play the Giants the way they played the Cards and hope to stop this team.

The only way the Giants get stopped is if Gilbride comes up with another crappy, predictable gameplan....and he has a tradition of ****ting the bed against Philly.

It may come down to the rushing attack....and the key to that is going to be Andre Brown full steam ahead.

If we get another episode of "The Gilbride and Bradshaw Shake and Bake Show", we are royally ****ed.

paulj
09-24-2012, 07:22 PM
is that the Philly Eagles always play the Giants tough! They are a division rival and we both know what each other does. It will be about which team executes more plays effectively. Each game typically has about 5 key plays that determine ther outcome.

So far, I like the Giants chances based on what they have done so far. Thge Eagles were very lucky to win their first 2 games as they played bad. That said, i think they will be up for the Giants.

The Giants must play with a killer instinct mentality and put the Eagles away instead of playing ho hum and keeping them around and in the game by he 4th quarter. They seem to play up and down based upon their competition.

Playing againts Cam was good practice for Vick. It's time for our DLine to get some pressure and sacks!!!

FBomb
09-24-2012, 07:41 PM
I wish I was as optomistic....but Giants history tells a very different story. I want to destroy them, but I just don't see it.

But, we'll see. I said the same thing about the Panthers so anything can happen.

gmen0820
09-24-2012, 07:43 PM
I wish I was as optomistic....but Giants history tells a very different story. I want to destroy them, but I just don't see it.

But, we'll see. I said the same thing about the Panthers so anything can happen.I find us beating Philly to be wishful thinking.

We destroy Carolina, Philly gets destroyed, they come back home as 1 point favorites. I want to say Vegas is crazy, but they're probably just right...

Parademon
09-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Key to victory will be for the Giants to be aggressive on Offense & attack the Eagles D with 1st down passes for positive yds so we are constantly in 2nd & short, 3rd & short, so we can run a variety of run/passes for the 1st down. Jumping out to a quick 10-14 lead would help keep the Philly crowd out of it as well & force the Eagles to go away from the run & give us a chance to stomp Vick. With Brown in the backfield, Eli will kill the birds if they stack 9 in the box! I know everyone thinks it will be a close fought game & it might well be, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants blow em out of the water as well.

jomo
09-24-2012, 07:56 PM
I find us beating Philly to be wishful thinking.

We destroy Carolina, Philly gets destroyed, they come back home as 1 point favorites. I want to say Vegas is crazy, but they're probably just right...I agree, thiis is the NFL and THIS is a division rivalry. I am more concerned about a letdown by us after a laugher in Carolina. If you think I'm crazy and that Philly will be enough to get us fired up on Sunday, the same could have been said about Dallas on opening night. If I were TC, I'd be preaching all week that Philly is very dangerous and they just haven't shown yet what they are capable of. I would get clips of all their big plays this year and declare the Eagles a great team that simply hasn't found consistency yet. I make this weeks practices edgy. I expect a close one and of course a BIG BLUE win.

Cloud57
09-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Although the Eagles are playing terrible many are picking to Eagles to win simply because it's a a home game and many believe they will be fired up after a loss at Arizona. So we are underdogs just like we were at Carolina and that's definitely a good thing.

NYKiller
09-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Nope! You have to wait and see Coughlin's starting lineup on offense lol. I'm curious to see if he still start David Diehl, especially since everyone on this board know he is a bum except Coughlin of course lol. I want to see Carr play don't you. I heard the eagles have a good pass rush.

BParcells777
09-24-2012, 08:33 PM
I'll believe we will crush the Eagles.......when I see it

Otherwise I expect a tough, physical tit for tat battle

Roswell777
09-25-2012, 08:11 AM
The Giants played the first 90 min of the season poorly, and the last 90 min like they did in the last six games of last season. If there are replacement refs, expect the home team to get the benefit of the doubt on some big calls. Additionally, Phillys D is fast and their DEs will give the Giants OTs trouble. Also their LBs are much improved from last year.

Nicks should be back which should help but to me the key is if AB1 and AB2 can run inside and keep the Giants out of third and long. Neither team will come into this game flat.

The Philly offense is brittle physically and will make their share of turnovers.

I think the Giants should win a close one.

M00KIE
09-25-2012, 08:48 AM
When everything seems set up, that's usually when it goes south.

GameTime
09-25-2012, 08:49 AM
The Eagles are hurting and playing like crap. The Giants can and should def beat them straight away....
However....you never ever know. Expect the best and prepare for the worst....

Joe Morrison
09-25-2012, 08:50 AM
When everything seems set up, that's usually when it goes south.
As noted you are fairly new to the baord but not sure how new to being a Giant Fan, There is never a sure thing when it comes to the GMEN and the NFC East Match Ups, but I like our chances this week.

crossouttheeyes
09-25-2012, 09:23 AM
I don't have a good feeling about this game. The Eagles have a habit of knocking us off our pedestal, no matter how badly they're playing at the time. The atmosphere around here is too positive. It's a perfect storm.

Their defense is designed to stop the pass, and as good as our passing game is, I have no faith in our oline. One good game against a Carolina team with one good dlineman isn't going to change that. The Eagles are up there with us in the pass rush department and their corners can play. I don't think we can stop Shady either (without Reid's help that is). This is how they beat us last year with Vince Young at QB.

Luckily for us the Eagles have some problems of their own that we can exploit. I don't think they can handle large doses of Eli and our passrush. Vick and Reid will also do everything in their power to help the Giants win. We need to get out early, start hitting Vick, and make them abandon the run. I Honestly can see either of these teams leave Philly with the win on Sunday. Don't underestimate the Eagles. You can be damn sure they're brining their A game in front of their home crowd against the Giants. They always play well against us. As pessimisstic as this sounds, I still think the Giants are without question the better team. This rivalry is crazy though and I've learned to expect the unexpected when it comes to Giants vs. Eagles.

GameTime
09-25-2012, 09:32 AM
The wide 9 will hopefully get the Giants to exploit the quick passes to TEs underneath and Hynoski too. Soften that wide 9 up and go from there.

Roswell777
09-25-2012, 09:39 AM
I don't have a good feeling about this game. The Eagles have a habit of knocking us off our pedestal, no matter how badly they're playing at the time. The atmosphere around here is too positive. It's a perfect storm.

Their defense is designed to stop the pass, and as good as our passing game is, I have no faith in our oline. One good game against a Carolina team with one good dlineman isn't going to change that. The Eagles are up there with us in the pass rush department and their corners can play. I don't think we can stop Shady either (without Reid's help that is). This is how they beat us last year with Vince Young at QB.

Luckily for us the Eagles have some problems of their own that we can exploit. I don't think they can handle large doses of Eli and our passrush. Vick and Reid will also do everything in their power to help the Giants win. We need to get out early, start hitting Vick, and make them abandon the run. I Honestly can see either of these teams leave Philly with the win on Sunday. Don't underestimate the Eagles. You can be damn sure they're brining their A game in front of their home crowd against the Giants. They always play well against us. As pessimisstic as this sounds, I still think the Giants are without question the better team. This rivalry is crazy though and I've learned to expect the unexpected when it comes to Giants vs. Eagles.

Couldn't agree more. And welcome to the boards. Excellent first post.

crossouttheeyes
09-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Couldn't agree more. And welcome to the boards. Excellent first post.
Thanks for the welcome. Glad to be here.

With some stout run defense, a little help from Vick, and a little Eli magic I think we can get out of Philly with the W. It wouldn't be the end of the world to drop to 0-2 in the NFC East, but it would definitely hurt. Not to mention how irritating it is living in south Jersey when the Eagles are doing well.

GameTime
09-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the welcome. Glad to be here.

With some stout run defense, a little help from Vick, and a little Eli magic I think we can get out of Philly with the W. It wouldn't be the end of the world to drop to 0-2 in the NFC East, but it would definitely hurt. Not to mention how irritating it is living in south Jersey when the Eagles are doing well.
so the Giants need Vick to pay poorly and Eli to perform magic to beat the Eagles???

Have you seen the Eagles play the last three weeks?? Both teams playing to their capablity the Giants are a better team in all three phases of the game overall. The Giants can beat the Eagles straight up. Not saying its a slam dunk but they dont need magic they just need to play their game....

crossouttheeyes
09-25-2012, 10:33 AM
I agree that the Giants have a better offense and a better special teams unit, but Philly's defense is better than ours. Our secondary is mostly unproven and they have two top 20 corners. Front 7 is pretty much a wash. Philly definitely hasn't played up to their full ability yet btw.

I think the Giants are a better team, but the Eagles are going to turn it up a couple notches this Sunday, and they're actually a very talented team. A few posters in this thread are completely underestimating them and acting like they're the Browns. I expect Vick to play poorly, he's not a good QB, and QB is largely the difference between the Giants and the Eagles. I wouldn't be surprised if he had his game of the season against the Giants though. It's one of the most bitter rivalries in football today. It's gonna be close. A little magic in our favor never hurts. This is the same team that beat us 7 out of the last 8 times we've played them. I think we beat them if we play our game and execute to our fullest, but it's closer than you think. Eli and Coughlin tip it in our favor, that's what separates these two teams.

GameTime
09-25-2012, 10:40 AM
I agree that the Giants have a better offense and a better special teams unit, but Philly's defense is better than ours. Our secondary is mostly unproven and they have two top 20 corners. Front 7 is pretty much a wash. Philly definitely hasn't played up to their full ability yet btw.

I think the Giants are a better team, but the Eagles are going to turn it up a couple notches this Sunday, and they're actually a very talented team. A few posters in this thread are completely underestimating them and acting like they're the Browns. I expect Vick to play poorly, he's not a good QB, and QB is largely the difference between the Giants and the Eagles. I wouldn't be surprised if he had his game of the season against the Giants though. It's one of the most bitter rivalries in football today. It's gonna be close. A little magic in our favor never hurts. This is the same team that beat us 7 out of the last 8 times we've played them. I think we beat them if we play our game and execute to our fullest, but it's closer than you think. Eli and Coughlin tip it in our favor, that's what separates these two teams.
I dont under estimate them at all I just think all things being equal the Giants take this win. Their D may be a bit better but Vick vs the Gianst D and Eli vs the Eagles D makes up the dif.....

Buddy333
09-25-2012, 10:45 AM
The Eagles have a huge problem with their OL. That makes me think the Giants can get to Vick all day long. However, they need to be smart about it because Vick can burn them with his legs.

dezzzR
09-25-2012, 10:53 AM
The Eagles have a huge problem with their OL. That makes me think the Giants can get to Vick all day long. However, they need to be smart about it because Vick can burn them with his legs.We thought the same thing with Dallas. The Dline needs to show up, period.

crossouttheeyes
09-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Agreed with above, our Oline isn't too hot either.

Cloud57
09-25-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm sure the Eagles OL will perform better in this game than they did at Arizona, the key to winning is that when you do get the opportunity to get to him you have to hit him hard like what Arizona did, simply sacking him won't due.

Joe Morrison
09-25-2012, 12:31 PM
so the Giants need Vick to pay poorly and Eli to perform magic to beat the Eagles???

Have you seen the Eagles play the last three weeks?? Both teams playing to their capablity the Giants are a better team in all three phases of the game overall. The Giants can beat the Eagles straight up. Not saying its a slam dunk but they dont need magic they just need to play their game....
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/philly_phun_poiAzk68OEy7lg2lMZYuLL

GameTime
09-25-2012, 12:36 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/philly_phun_poiAzk68OEy7lg2lMZYuLL
yeah yeah....I have seen all the games between the Giants and Eagle and was at the meltdown two seasons ago. But to say Vick has to play poorly and Eli has to be magical is a not quite right. Sure anything can happen......but that goes for either team. The way Vick has been play he is the one who needs perform tricks to win.
An excerp from the article you linked.....

Manning may be the better quarterback heading into this game, but the more intriguing one is the Eagles’ Michael Vick. The gifted quarterback has fired only three touchdown passes against a whopping six interceptions in the season’s first three games.

Joe Morrison
09-25-2012, 12:40 PM
yeah yeah....I have seen all the games between the Giants and Eagle and was at the meltdown two seasons ago. But to say Vick has to play poorly and Eli has to be magical is a not quite right. Sure anything can happen......but that goes for either team. The way Vick has been play he is the one who needs perform tricks to win.
An excerp from the article you linked.....

Manning may be the better quarterback heading into this game, but the more intriguing one is the Eaglesí Michael Vick. The gifted quarterback has fired only three touchdown passes against a whopping six interceptions in the seasonís first three games.

Like I said in an earlier post, any NFC East game is going to be tuff, down to the wire. I am truely surprised that Vick has lasted this long with the beat down he has taken, if they don't do something on Sunday and the DLine for the Giants plays like they are supposed to, we will certainly see one of the other guys by the end of the day, and I don't really wish for that, the GMEN have a way of letting back ups shine.

GameTime
09-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Like I said in an earlier post, any NFC East game is going to be tuff, down to the wire. I am truely surprised that Vick has lasted this long with the beat down he has taken, if they don't do something on Sunday and the DLine for the Giants plays like they are supposed to, we will certainly see one of the other guys by the end of the day, and I don't really wish for that, the GMEN have a way of letting back ups shine.
I hear you.....and I usually a pesimestic fan. I used to be worried about what Vick would do but now I am not so much. I think the Eagle have locker room troubles too....
You are right though....no names turn into to pro bowlers with the Giants at times...

ChuckKnoxx
09-25-2012, 02:47 PM
This game will silence any timid Giants fans left. Imagine what the best pass rush in the NFL will do to Vick after the Eagles made Arizona look like the 85 Bears. Vick under pressure = dumbass mistakes. Vick and the Eagles get burried under the lights Sunday.

crossouttheeyes
09-25-2012, 03:14 PM
I hear you.....and I usually a pesimestic fan. I used to be worried about what Vick would do but now I am not so much. I think the Eagle have locker room troubles too....
You are right though....no names turn into to pro bowlers with the Giants at times...
It's not Vick everyone's worried about. If the Eagles win they'll either win despite him, run the ball 35 times, or he'll have the game of his life. The rest of the team is what scares me. They're good, and if Andy Reid ever figures out that good things happen when he gives the ball to McCoy, him and their defense can definitely make it an interesting game. My biggest worry is our oline against their pass rush. I have a feeling they're going to eat us alive and Eli will be on the ground as much as he was in San Francisco last January. I don't know how many of those games we can win. I'm predicting a low scoring ugly game.

CruzSoldier
09-25-2012, 04:31 PM
I think we actually will be ok as long as we keep David Diehl out of the lineup in 2 games last year Locklear didn't allow a sack to Babin or Cole when he was Pass Blocking