PDA

View Full Version : Giants can take advantage of a weak division again

TheAnalyst
09-24-2012, 11:18 AM
Last year we won the divison at 9-7. This year, we could do the same.

The Giants are the only team in the NFC east to be plus on points this year at +29 (4th in the NFL).
Eagles are -19, Cowboys are -7 and Redskins are -2.

This division is really weak.

The Redskins look the stongest of the bunch IMO, but that was before the big injuries they had on defense. Now they cant stop a nose bleed. They give up an average of 33.3 points a game, but they do score a ton as well, averaging 33 a game. I dont expect them to contend down the stretch this year.

The Cowboys, IMO, are looking horrible. Yeah they beat us, but they looked bad doing it. We just played worse and got spanked. They got spanked by the Seahawks and could not put up points on a defense we just dropped 41 on and over 600 yards. Romo still is Romo as he makes plays on the run and makes something out of nothing. They may be our main competition this year once again.

The Eagles have looked bad all year long. They could be easily 0-3 the way Vick is playing. I honestly can't believe Reid hasnt plugged in Foles yet to see how he can handle it. Vick can make game changing plays, but he just has simply been knocked in the head a bit too many times to make wise decisions. How did he not see that blitz at the end of the half? Man he got smashed.

So as you can see, the division is there for the taking.

Once again the GIANTS need to shock the world.

We will see after this Sunday night game if the Giants are still the team that has disappointing, lifeless losses or if they will be pumped to try to knock out the Eagles and Vick on the big stage in Philly. The team should be jacked for this game and well rested. They just have to execute like they did vs Carolina and Newton. Hope they watched how the Cards did it. BLITZ!!! AGGRESSIVE!!!!

Buddy333
09-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Well Washington was not good last year and they swept the Giants. So far this year Dallas is 1-0 vs the Giants. The Eagles own the Giants. So while everything seems like it could favor the Giants, I think we just need to hold off on any expectations until we see more football. One game at a time.

Cloud57
09-24-2012, 11:24 AM
The eagles are bad but they have a good defense, after all they did beat the Ravens, and since our defense sucks I'm sure they will put up more than 6 points against us.

GMan-67
09-24-2012, 11:26 AM
weak? ... overall division record is 7-4 and the QBs are Eli, Vick, Romo and RGIII ... and last season the NFC East winner throttled teams from the North, West and South by a combined 81-39 in the postseason

Ths South is Weak, the North is Average, the East is Good and the West is Good ... no divsion is great

oh and if you stack the East v West QBs

Eli > Smtih
Romo > Kolb
Vick > Wilson
RGIII > Bradford

IMO

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 11:31 AM
It's way too early to call the division weak. We need to take care of the game in front of us every week. If we do, we win.

fansince69
09-24-2012, 11:49 AM
It's way too early to call the division weak. We need to take care of the game in front of us every week. If we do, we win.

The most important game of the year....is the next one we play.....

TroyArcher
09-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Well Washington was not good last year and they swept the Giants. So far this year Dallas is 1-0 vs the Giants. The Eagles own the Giants. So while everything seems like it could favor the Giants, I think we just need to hold off on any expectations until we see more football. One game at a time.

How do the Eagles own the Giants? We killed them on their home field last year? 1-1 last year.

GameTime
09-24-2012, 11:53 AM
nothing is a given in the NFL or NFC east....ever!!!
The Giants can light it up or take a dump. We have all seen it many times. One game at a time.

Buddy333
09-24-2012, 11:54 AM
The Giants beat them 1 time last year after losing 6 straight and then lost he next time they played. They own the Giants.

GreenZone
09-24-2012, 12:00 PM
This thread was ruined by the fatal flaw of the need to jump to conclusions. The facts at present make for a good thread, but there's zero base for the conclusion that the Giants would win the division with a 9-7 record or that any of the three teams won't be over .500 by season's end.

Is it also logical to say that the 49ers are weak now because of yesterday's loss?

How about using a little sense in not having to try and conclude something from a wishful thinking standpoint, from information which displays an insufficient amount of evidence to back it up.

It's a long season and there are twists and turns no one can foresee.

TheAnalyst
09-24-2012, 12:09 PM
I think our division is weak, yes. Eagles look horrible, dont care if they are 2-1. If they play like this for the remaining 13 games, they may be 6-10. Cowboys? I think they have issues in their Oline bigtime and their safeties are not that good. They improved their CBs, but not much else has changed. Redskins, rookie QB that people will figure out sooner or later and slow him down, and their defense is weak.

Giants have always been inconsistant. We win blow out games, and lose in ugly fashion at times. This next week could go either way.

Flip Empty
09-24-2012, 12:32 PM
I think our division is weak, yes. Eagles look horrible, dont care if they are 2-1. If they play like this for the remaining 13 games, they may be 6-10. Cowboys? I think they have issues in their Oline bigtime and their safeties are not that good. They improved their CBs, but not much else has changed. Redskins, rookie QB that people will figure out sooner or later and slow him down, and their defense is weak.

Because teams play at exactly the same level for the entire year, right? There's absolutely no way they can fix their faults and "click" just like many teams before them?

You can't plot out a season based off of three games.

burier
09-24-2012, 12:44 PM
As stated above. Too early to call the division weak and 9-7 just isn't gonna get it done regardless of weather the division turns out to be weak or not. That was a freak scenario last year.

We haven't played Philly or Washington yet and we're set up to be swept by Dallas since we weren't able to hold serve (You could say we've never lost in their new stadium so that is to our advantage but you could also say Dallas is due to win a home game against us. They're not gonna go forever without beating us there.)

Also...and trust I'm not being a pessimist here. I'm being a complete realist. The Panthers came out flat Thursday night. A Young team and a green coach didn't get his team prepared properly in a short week in my view. I'd guard against thinking that we've achieved world beater status based on 5 quarters of football.

TheAnalyst
09-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Because teams play at exactly the same level for the entire year, right? There's absolutely no way they can fix their faults and "click" just like many teams before them?

You can't plot out a season based off of three games.

No, Im just saying the divison looks weak, which it appears to be. Obviously things can change.

CDN_G-FAN
09-24-2012, 01:05 PM
i think the fanbase is taking WAY too much comfort in beating a Carolina team that was clearly not on its best game.

i don't think the secondary and the o line are magically fixed.

the division remains WIDE open for anyone right now.

Toadofsteel
09-24-2012, 01:37 PM
I'll feel more comfortable if we can actually beat Philly next year. Remember, last year Philly beat us with freaking VY under center. The Redskins beat us with Rex Grossman TWICE (though I feel better now since Orakpo and Carriker are out for the season).

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
09-24-2012, 01:53 PM
I don't get this place, 2 weeks ago all hell was breaking lose...now 2 weeks later we are in a position to take advantage of a weak division?

WEG313
09-24-2012, 01:54 PM
I'll feel more comfortable if we can actually beat Philly next year. Remember, last year Philly beat us with freaking VY under center. The Redskins beat us with Rex Grossman TWICE (though I feel better now since Orakpo and Carriker are out for the season).

I would not count out either Dallas or Philly, as both teams have the talent to be legit playoff contenders, and I suspect both will win between 8 - 10 games after all is said and done (due primarily to their well above average defenses). The Redskins have a potent offense, but I suspect teams will become better prepared for their spread offense and zone read options now that they have several games of tape to scout against. However, without their two best defenders, they're going to be surrendering 25+ points per game....and that's an awful lot to overcome on a consistent basis.

GameTime
09-24-2012, 01:57 PM
not much separates each team in this divison. Also its a common fact that not much separates a 6-10 team from a 10-6 team.
Weak division or not the Giants still have to play at the top of their game. And if they make to the playoffs then their division doesnt mean squat.

Toadofsteel
09-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Is Kerrigan healthy or no?

GameTime
09-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Is Kerrigan healthy or no?
Nancy???
havent seen her in the news for a long time......:)

TheAnalyst
09-24-2012, 01:59 PM
I don't get this place, 2 weeks ago all hell was breaking lose...now 2 weeks later we are in a position to take advantage of a weak division?

2 weeks ago, I was telling everyone to chill out its only 1 loss. My mind set didnt change.

And from what I see, we can take advantage of a weak divison. from what I have seen so far, no one in this division is a clear cut top NFL team. I could see the divison winner being 10-6, absolutely.

Toadofsteel
09-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Nancy???
havent seen her in the news for a long time......:)

Actually I was thinking Sarah Kerrigan
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bd/Sarah_Kerrigan_(StarCraft).png/250px-Sarah_Kerrigan_(StarCraft).png

Toadofsteel
09-24-2012, 02:04 PM
2 weeks ago, I was telling everyone to chill out its only 1 loss. My mind set didnt change.

And from what I see, we can take advantage of a weak divison. from what I have seen so far, no one in this division is a clear cut top NFL team. I could see the divison winner being 10-6, absolutely.

The last time the division winner was above 10-6 was in 2009. I wouldn't be surprised at all...

TheAnalyst
09-24-2012, 02:08 PM
The last time the division winner was above 10-6 was in 2009. I wouldn't be surprised at all...

I think part of it is any NFC East game is always 50/50, or seems to be. Anyone can beat anyone and they just beat themselves up so no one has a great record. when is the last time someone in the NFCE went 6-0 or 5-1 in the divison?

Fharcyde
09-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Our division games (between the Eagles and Cowboys at least) are always a dogfight regardless of the standings. Once the Eagles fix their offensive woes they'll be able to ride their defense to the playoffs. The Cowboys will always be an up and down team.

This coming week is an important game though, as all division games are. We really have to kick the Eagles while they're down. I wouldn't expect last week's Eagles to show up Sunday night. It will still be a tough win.

GameTime
09-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Actually I was thinking Sarah Kerrigan
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bd/Sarah_Kerrigan_(StarCraft).png/250px-Sarah_Kerrigan_(StarCraft).png
WTF is that???

some game thing???

spair
09-24-2012, 02:41 PM

Logical and very pragmatic. There is no need to get ahead of ourselves when it comes to the NFC East...

BParcells777
09-24-2012, 02:41 PM
I'd like to see how well the Patriots do if they replaced the Skins in our division.........they could kiss their plus 11 win seasons good bye

Toadofsteel
09-24-2012, 03:00 PM
I think part of it is any NFC East game is always 50/50, or seems to be. Anyone can beat anyone and they just beat themselves up so no one has a great record. when is the last time someone in the NFCE went 6-0 or 5-1 in the divison?

The eagles went 5-1 in the division last year (swept the skins and cowboys, and split with us), but they went 3-7 outside the division, beating only the Rams in the NFC West, Jets and Dolphins in the AFC East, and losing both of their 2 games based on division placement vs. the Bears and Falcons.

TheEnigma
09-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Giants and Redskins seem to be shaping up as the offensive teams while the Cowboys and Eagles are winning more with their defenses. We looked pretty good on the defensive side of the ball against a usually potent Panther offense but I want to see how we measure up with another team who can put up the points fast like we have lately before getting too excited about our chances for the division crown.

Toadofsteel
09-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Giants and Redskins seem to be shaping up as the offensive teams while the Cowboys and Eagles are winning more with their defenses. We looked pretty good on the defensive side of the ball against a usually potent Panther offense but I want to see how we measure up with another team who can put up the points fast like we have lately before getting too excited about our chances for the division crown.

I think the Giants are more balanced on offense can defense. It's just that Eli has had to carry the team more because of all the injuries to our secondary in weeks 1 and 2. With Prince and Hosley firmly back to start and give C-web some snaps off, our secondary will improve and PF will actually blitz every once in a while (he doesn't like blitzing when he's not sure about his secondary to back it up, especially vs pocket passers). We saw it in the Panthers game... when the defense actually rushed 5 or more, Cam couldn't do anything. As much as he just plain pisses me off sometimes, I have to give him credit for being able to hard-counter the mobile QB, especially since we have 2 such QB's in our own division...

miked1958
09-24-2012, 03:53 PM

The Giants are the only team in the NFC east to be plus on points this year at +29 (4th in the NFL).

The Redskins look the stongest of the bunch IMO, but that was before the big injuries they had on defense. Now they cant stop a nose bleed. They give up an average of 33.3 points a game, but they do score a ton as well, averaging 33 a game. I dont expect them to contend down the stretch this year.

The Cowboys, IMO, are looking horrible. Yeah they beat us, but they looked bad doing it. We just played worse and got spanked. They got spanked by the Seahawks and could not put up points on a defense we just dropped 41 on and over 600 yards. Romo still is Romo as he makes plays on the run and makes something out of nothing. They may be our main competition this year once again.

The Eagles have looked bad all year long. They could be easily 0-3 the way Vick is playing. I honestly can't believe Reid hasnt plugged in Foles yet to see how he can handle it. Vick can make game changing plays, but he just has simply been knocked in the head a bit too many times to make wise decisions. How did he not see that blitz at the end of the half? Man he got smashed.

We will see after this Sunday night game if the Giants are still the team that has disappointing, lifeless losses or if they will be pumped to try to knock out the Eagles and Vick on the big stage in Philly. The team should be jacked for this game and well rested. They just have to execute like they did vs Carolina and Newton. Hope they watched how the Cards did it. BLITZ!!! AGGRESSIVE!!!!lets not forget that although we laid 41 on a team that dallas could only muster 16 points on, it goes both ways. we gave up 34 points to a Freeman led team ( i know eli's 3 INTs helped this) that could only score 10 on Dallas D.

miked1958
09-24-2012, 03:57 PM
The eagles are bad but they have a good defense, after all they did beat the Ravens, and since our defense sucks I'm sure they will put up more than 6 points against us.they only beat the Ravens due to a horrible call by the reject regs down the stretch. otherwise the are 1-2 and tied for last with the Skins

Marvelousmik
09-24-2012, 04:12 PM

Exactly.

Marvelousmik
09-24-2012, 04:14 PM

We will see after this Sunday night game if the Giants are still the team that has disappointing, lifeless losses or if they will be pumped to try to knock out the Eagles and Vick on the big stage in Philly. The team should be jacked for this game and well rested. They just have to execute like they did vs Carolina and Newton. Hope they watched how the Cards did it. BLITZ!!! AGGRESSIVE!!!!

The cowboys, Giants, and Eagles are all 2-1. The season is still very young. Relax a little will ya

BigBlue1971
09-24-2012, 04:27 PM
we are only finishing up the 3rd week of nfl play! 3 teams in the nfce are 2-1.

as much as i would like to crown the Giants the champs of the division we gotta see a lot more football before that happens.

i dont think its such a weak division even tho the Giants prolly played the best ball of the week.

we need to just keeping playing the way we did Thursday nite.

TheAnalyst
09-24-2012, 04:35 PM
The cowboys, Giants, and Eagles are all 2-1. The season is still very young. Relax a little will ya

huh? Relax? I think my tone may be mistaken on this thread. Im not worried, nor saying we are lucky to be in a weak division. I mean, we play the toughest schedule in the NFL this season.

Just saying even if we arent 100% we still may be able to pull off a division title because the rest of the division doesnt look that good either. Cant hurt right?

Parademon
09-24-2012, 09:14 PM
I think you have to wait till at least week 10 when the pretenders start falling to the wayside & the contenders look more clear. Heck we were 7-7 in week 14 before we turned into contenders! Hot starts don't mean nothing in Sept/Oct, it's what you do in late Nov/Dec that counts!

The 94' Dolphins started 9-2 & didn't make the playoffs! 09' Broncos started 5-0, finished 8-8, we started 5-0 in 09' got blown out by the Saints & finished 8-8! Let the Boys/Skins/Eagles jump out early, we just need to be in position to win it in Dec.

Captain Chaos
09-24-2012, 09:26 PM
i think the fanbase is taking WAY too much comfort in beating a Carolina team that was clearly not on its best game.

i don't think the secondary and the o line are magically fixed.

the division remains WIDE open for anyone right now.

Exactly, the Giants need to show a little consistency.

giantsfan420
09-24-2012, 09:35 PM
i wouldnt say weak. i'd say the opposite, I'd say its strong. All the teams end up splitting a good share with the other 3, and those extra wins seperate 8-8 and 10-6. Meaning, if it was weak and we were guaranteed wins vs DC or PHILLY or Dallas, we'd be 10 wins or over bc thats 2 games added to our recorded wins. but bc we always end up splitting and sometimes get swept by a division foe, bc the competition is very strong, u wind up with more teams in the division around the same record. ex 9-7, 8-8(x2) and 6-10...nah, strong division but I think ultimately you get to that same conclusion with your line of thinking OP.

and honestly, I dont think it really matters Philly or anyone else. Eli is continuing playing at the same level he did to finish last year (well minus a quarter or two. anyone see the stats for his last 6 quarters, INSANE). I believe thats going to continue. I have us winning 12 even with the opening loss. I just think Eli can control and dominate any game when needed, like last season, and that the OL and D contribute enough to where Eli puts us over the top. Its like everyone loves Philly bc they won their final 4 games or something...WE WON OUR FINAL 6 VS ALL PLAYOFF TEAMS AND CONTENDERS...And, Eli was the catlyst and I fully expect Eli to continue that level of play n for the rest of the team to catch up. i believe itll be similar to 2008, we just had our browns game opening week. (and barden doesnt own any guns lol i hope)

edit- and i know 12 wins is a bold statement. but a few honest posters here know my record with bold statements

barran21
09-24-2012, 09:37 PM
Weak division? lol...

drewz
09-24-2012, 09:39 PM
lol.. weak division, Eagles, Giants, Cowboys are 2-1, and if the Skins defense weren't so bad they would be right there with us, maybe even 3-0

derekunion28
09-24-2012, 09:56 PM
way 2 early in season to gauge anything

miked1958
09-24-2012, 10:20 PM
way 2 early in season to gauge anythingSo true. But we can take a big step forward int he division race with a win Sunday night. A Loss puts us at 0-2 in NFCE and a huge hole

nycisgreat
09-24-2012, 10:41 PM

I hear you, and you are right. We could really put ourselves in good position this week. But I am not going fall into this weekend trap game like a win is gaurentee. The Eagles are very capable of beating, and proven that with very weak teams.

JJC7301
09-25-2012, 11:47 AM
The division is not "bad." The Eagles are good and dangerous team, while the Cowboys are not bad and already beat us. The skins are better than they were last year.

I think that we've got the best, deepest roster in the division PLUS we know how to win tough games, but I'm not looking past the Eagles and Cowboys.

TheAnalyst
09-25-2012, 11:57 AM
The eagles are a good and dangerous team, that has 12 turnovers in 3 games, a QB who is taking more hits then Tommy Chong backstage at a Snoop Dogg concert and can't stay healthy. Can they beat us? Of course, like I said any team can beat any team in the NFL. The Cowboys? Come on, they are always overrated.And I don't think the Skins are a great team yet. Have you seen the Cowboys and Eagles play so far? You think they look good?

TheAnalyst
11-06-2012, 11:51 AM
This thread was ruined by the fatal flaw of the need to jump to conclusions. The facts at present make for a good thread, but there's zero base for the conclusion that the Giants would win the division with a 9-7 record or that any of the three teams won't be over .500 by season's end.

Is it also logical to say that the 49ers are weak now because of yesterday's loss?

How about using a little sense in not having to try and conclude something from a wishful thinking standpoint, from information which displays an insufficient amount of evidence to back it up.

It's a long season and there are twists and turns no one can foresee.

Thanks for trying to insult me.

This divison is horrible and we will win it by default, thus talking advantage of a weak divison.

I don't normally toot my own horn, but I'm tired of people insulting posters and weeks later it happens to be right.

These posters should be forced to appologize. lol

TheAnalyst
11-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Weak division? lol...

Still laughing?

Mercury
11-06-2012, 01:27 PM
It is looking like you are correct, it is a weak division. Personally, I was most worried about the Redskins, but since their injuries on defense, they don't look like contenders. Eagles are imploding, they will not go on a run this year. Cowboys are just finding ways to lose games.

The giants have a tough schedule ahead. They need to get their act together.

miked1958
11-06-2012, 08:51 PM
The way I see it we win the division with 3 more wins. Don't see any of the other 3 reaching the 9 win level. Dallas and Philly would have to go 6-2 to get there. Skins would need to go 6-1. Not going to happen

Giants Brazil
11-06-2012, 08:58 PM
I don't see the Giants not winning the division.

Parademon
11-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Like I said in an ealier post, you really have to wait till around the turkey day weekend games are over to truly gauge who are the pretenders & who are the contenders. Hopefully Giants are 8-3 or 7-4 while Dallas/Philly & the Skins are floundering with 6+ losses & battling each other for 2nd place. It's really our division to lose. G-men just have to go 4-4 the rest of the way & we get the 4th seed & host a WC game. Then if need be, we go on the rd for the Div & NFCCG games & once again, win on the rd & defend our title.

TheAnalyst
11-07-2012, 09:49 AM
The rest of our division play each other a bunch down the stretch, while we already played 4 divisional games. So they will beat each other up. Eagles Cowboys this week means one team will be 3-6 and one 4-5.

GameTime
11-07-2012, 10:04 AM
taking advantage of a weak division and playing good football are two dif things. The Giants need to play way better.
Look at the Steelers game....they played like crap and only lost by 4. If they get their **** together they will kick some serious *** IMO....

miked1958
11-07-2012, 11:02 AM
taking advantage of a weak division and playing good football are two dif things. The Giants need to play way better.
Look at the Steelers game....they played like crap and only lost by 4. If they get their **** together they will kick some serious *** IMO....True.. only lost by 4 and pretty much didnt show up the whole game in all 3 phases. so you are right if we can play just half way decent in all 3 phases we win most games

miked1958
11-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Looking at last two weeks the offense has stunk it up. Take away the 14 points the defense scored in Dallas and Steelers game and its pathetic. Only 22 points scored by the offense vs dallas if you take away the JPP Pick6. thats just 1rushing td by brown and 5FGs. Sad with all those turnovers they were handed in the redzone. Then to compound matters they only score 13 on offense vs Pitt at home if you take away the boley fumble return. And no points in 4th quarter. in fact eli was minus 1yard for the 4th. They put up only 1td again a brown rushing one. And just 2FGs. only 6total poitns in 2nd half. You can go back further to the Redskins game and TDs were tought to come by and needed a last second 77 yard bomb to pull that one out. and mind you that was the last td pass going back to last 3 quarters of SF game all the way through pitt game. thats 15 quarters with 1 TD pass. AND A TON OF REDZONE OPPS.

That is just not going to get it done. We have been here before in 07 and 11 with multiple issues ranging from injury to offense, defense and STs. We overcame them all to win two Titles. I am confident that the coaches and players will be able to right the ship in time again to make another serious run at a Championship

GameTime
11-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Looking at last two weeks the offense has stunk it up. Take away the 14 points the defense scored in Dallas and Steelers game and its pathetic. Only 22 points scored by the offense vs dallas if you take away the JPP Pick6. thats just 1rushing td by brown and 5FGs. Sad with all those turnovers they were handed in the redzone. Then to compound matters they only score 13 on offense vs Pitt at home if you take away the boley fumble return. And no points in 4th quarter. in fact eli was minus 1yard for the 4th. They put up only 1td again a brown rushing one. And just 2FGs. only 6total poitns in 2nd half. You can go back further to the Redskins game and TDs were tought to come by and needed a last second 77 yard bomb to pull that one out. and mind you that was the last td pass going back to last 3 quarters of SF game all the way through pitt game. thats 15 quarters with 1 TD pass. AND A TON OF REDZONE OPPS.

That is just not going to get it done. We have been here before in 07 and 11 with multiple issues ranging from injury to offense, defense and STs. We overcame them all to win two Titles. I am confident that the coaches and players will be able to right the ship in time again to make another serious run at a Championship
the RED ZONE failures are killing them. Making Tynes the points leader is good and bad.....
They have a lot of **** to get ironed out....

repeatchamps
11-07-2012, 11:16 AM
The rest of our division play each other a bunch down the stretch, while we already played 4 divisional games. So they will beat each other up. Eagles Cowboys this week means one team will be 3-6 and one 4-5.

Or both teams will be 3-5-1, lol.

miked1958
11-07-2012, 11:17 AM
the RED ZONE failures are killing them. Making Tynes the points leader is good and bad.....
They have a lot of **** to get ironed out....yep lately its like they can drive right down the field and once they get to the redzone it like they forget how to play football. both the coaches call bone head plays and offense cant seem to get out of its own way down there. not sure what the solution is.but we need to fix it quick

GameTime
11-07-2012, 11:20 AM
yep lately its like they can drive right down the field and once they get to the redzone it like they forget how to play football. both the coaches call bone head plays and offense cant seem to get out of its own way down there. not sure what the solution is.but we need to fix it quick

funny....sometimes I see Eli try to do a play fake and no RB is even close to him??? Don't know if thats just him or if its blown assignments. The lack a power runing game and they have no creativity at times in the red zone. I know verthing gets tighter down there but thats no excuse.....

miked1958
11-07-2012, 11:21 AM
What about Barden??? I know the big knock on him is he cant get seperation. he did pretty well in the game when he started with a ton of catches for over 135 yards or so. A lot of them were some tough catches. Now the thing I dont get is why we dont use him down there on 1st and goal situations. You dont need to get seperation down there. There isnt any room. We just need to use his Height advantage and have eli throw him some fades to the back corner of the endzone and have him go up and get it over the DBs.. I think he could be very sucessfull. He has proven he can now hold onto the ball. GIVE HIM A SHOT> cant be any worse then what is going on now

TheAnalyst
11-07-2012, 12:27 PM
taking advantage of a weak division and playing good football are two dif things. The Giants need to play way better.Look at the Steelers game....they played like crap and only lost by 4. If they get their **** together they will kick some serious *** IMO....Yes, the final score said we lost by 4, but we lost by much more then that since we were awarded 2 tds that should not of been.

GameTime
11-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Yes, the final score said we lost by 4, but we lost by much more then that since we were awarded 2 tds that should not of been.

IMO opnion only 1. Ben had NO control of the ball going forward. But thats a done deal. We agree that they have to play much better...

TheAnalyst
11-07-2012, 02:42 PM
IMO opnion only 1. Ben had NO control of the ball going forward. But thats a done deal. We agree that they have to play much better...

No control? Really? It was in his hands and squeezed by his fingers until his arm was fully extended forward and it slipped out of his sticky glove when he was trying to stop the throwing motion. the ball went like 10 yards forward. Incomplete.

We all would of been livid if that happened to Eli. It was a horrible call.

Rudyy
11-07-2012, 02:46 PM
No control? Really? It was in his hands and squeezed by his fingers until his arm was fully extended forward and it slipped out of his sticky glove when he was trying to stop the throwing motion. the ball went like 10 yards forward. Incomplete.

We all would of been livid if that happened to Eli. It was a horrible call.Actually it was the right call.

He didn't have any control of the ball before his hand went forward. He didn't have full possession of the ball at all.

TheAnalyst
11-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Actually it was the right call.

He didn't have any control of the ball before his hand went forward. He didn't have full possession of the ball at all.

Wow.... I like to be a homer too sometimes, but "he didn't have any control"???????? come on. He had it in his hand, squeezed in his fingers. He lost control at the end of the motion thats why it went forward like 10 yards.

Now Eli's forward incomplete pass strip was A LOT closer then that. I could see that one more a fumble then Ben's. And lets not forget the clipping in the end.

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/New-York-Giants-linebacker-Michael-Boley-TD-recovery-off-Ben-Roethlisberger-fumble/d4d1ed17-5c02-4050-b867-3555d2068b37

Rudyy
11-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Wow.... I like to be a homer too sometimes, but "he didn't have any control"???????? come on. He had it in his hand, squeezed in his fingers. He lost control at the end of the motion thats why it went forward like 10 yards.

Now Eli's forward incomplete pass strip was A LOT closer then that. I could see that one more a fumble then Ben's. And lets not forget the clipping in the end.

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/New-York-Giants-linebacker-Michael-Boley-TD-recovery-off-Ben-Roethlisberger-fumble/d4d1ed17-5c02-4050-b867-3555d2068b37I don't know why I have to be considered a homer when disagreeing with you but alright.

He didn't squeeze anything in his hands, if you watch the replay, the ball was spinning around in his hand before he put his hand forward.

GameTime
11-07-2012, 03:18 PM

We all would of been livid if that happened to Eli. It was a horrible call.

I am sure you looked at a video but look again. The ball is loose for sure. By the time it is leaving his hand the ball is side ways. Had no control of it....at all. Def not squeezing like you said....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1396344-steelers-vs-giants-fumble-call-was-correct-roethlisberger-nfls-re****-rule

TheAnalyst
12-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Or, the Redskins / Cowboys will take advantage of a weak divison...

JJC7301
12-28-2012, 12:09 PM

Just a few weeks ago, the Giants were over +100. My, how things have changed.

I don't think the NFC East is "weak." They're mostly a bunch of 9-7 teams, but teams that are capable of beating anyone and it wouldn't be a shock. It's a very competitive division.

miked1958
12-28-2012, 12:28 PM
The way I see it we win the division with 3 more wins. Don't see any of the other 3 reaching the 9 win level. Dallas and Philly would have to go 6-2 to get there. Skins would need to go 6-1. Not going to happenhere we are over 2 months later and we still haven't gotten those 3 wins. Still at only 8 wins meaning just two wins in two full months. Meanwhile both Dallas and Skins got the 6 wins I spoke of to reach 9 wins before us. Wow what a collapse of epic per portions. Unreal

JJC7301
12-28-2012, 01:53 PM
here we are over 2 months later and we still haven't gotten those 3 wins. Still at only 8 wins meaning just two wins in two full months. Meanwhile both Dallas and Skins got the 6 wins I spoke of to reach 9 wins before us. Wow what a collapse of epic per portions. Unreal
Usually want to get to 10 wins just to be on the safe side anyway. 9 wins is a crappy way to look at it. Wouldn't be surprised if this team felt that it had 9 wins in the bag a month ago because they always seem to take things for granted.

TheAnalyst
12-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Usually want to get to 10 wins just to be on the safe side anyway. 9 wins is a crappy way to look at it. Wouldn't be surprised if this team felt that it had 9 wins in the bag a month ago because they always seem to take things for granted.

And that is called terrible coaching.