PDA

View Full Version : Re-examining the schedule after Week 3

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Although the schedule being one of the toughest still seems valid, the lackluster showing by NFC East teams so far plus a few unexpected revelations on supposedly good teams may indicate that the road to the top isn't as bumpy as it initially looked.

Week 1 vs Dallas - The team simply didn't show up, a throw away game that could've easily won given that Cowboys are not that good.
Week 2 vs Bucs - Struggled more than they should but pulled it out Eli style, Bucs may be bush league but they are not that bad.
Week 3 vs Carolina - A break-out statement game by the back-ups shouting out to the world that they are champions as well.

Upcoming games:
Week 4 vs Philly - Should be a slight favorite, but I expect the Giants to crush them because Eagles are totally out of sync.
Week 5 vs Browns - Could be a letdown game, but even if Giants play mediocre, still should win, Browns pose no threat whatsoever.
Week 6 vs 49ers - Not as invincible after losing to the lowly Vikings, and Alex Smith simply doesn't scare me, he ain't Joe Montana.
Week 7 vs Washington - Should win but RGIII is capable of a big performance, Giants should play the possession game and mistake-free.
Week 8 vs Dallas - Whether they may improve or regress at this point, they still will be undisciplined and Romo won't have all day to throw this time.
Week 9 vs Pittsburgh - Considered to be one of the toughest teams so far looks mediocre, their defense is not what it used to be.
Week 10 vs Cincinnati - Bengals may be one of the best teams Giants may face, as strange as that sounds.
Week 11 vs Green Bay - Packers may be looking for a revenge, but Giants still are better in my eyes, play well and should win at home.
Week 12 vs Washington - RGIII may learn a few things from the first game and squeak out a win, a toss-up game.
Week 13 vs Saints - Saints may recover at this point but so far they look like a bottom-feeding mess. Playing at home should give Giants an edge.
Week 14 vs Atlanta - Falcons look like the best team so far, but knowing that Giants owned them in the last match-up, a loss at their house still won't upset me as much.
Week 15 vs Baltimore - Hopefully Eli plays one of his monster games and put Joe Flacco in his place of not being elite.
Week 16 vs Philly - If Giants are in the playoffs, this should be a nice warm up game for the back-ups, if the game matters, Giants win it no doubt.

GMan-67
09-24-2012, 10:57 AM
good breakdown, but the league is so week to week and the only game i see is at Philly ... Philly is wounded, Philly has had our number recently ... Carolina didnt provide much competition

on the good side the O is clicking, altho division games often are ugly slugfests ... also, i think our D is getting closer to midseason form

forcing Vick into mistakes and winning the turnover battle will be the key

Buddy333
09-24-2012, 10:58 AM
The Eagles are 2-1, at home, and have been dominating the Giants for some time now. The Giants may win his game, and they may beat them bad, but he odds are against a blow out. I can't remember the last time the Giants blew out the Eagles.

burier
09-24-2012, 11:07 AM
We're getting alittle ahead of ourselves here ..We're in week 3 the league hasn't settled down yet. By the time we play the 9ers week 6 they'll be playing championship quality football.

I also believe that we should all be hopefull that Giants go on a run but by now none of us should be suprised if the Giants come out flat against the Eagles..That's how weird the Giants are traditionally.

we're just gonna have to sit and wait to see what happens but I don't see our schedule as any easier than previously adverstized.

GMan-67
09-24-2012, 11:13 AM
The Eagles are 2-1, at home, and have been dominating the Giants for some time now. The Giants may win his game, and they may beat them bad, but he odds are against a blow out. I can't remember the last time the Giants blew out the Eagles.

September 25 2011 ... Giants 29-16 at Philly ... i realize that blowout is from a long, long time ago :)

Buddy333
09-24-2012, 11:14 AM
You really think they blew them out that game?

burier
09-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Generally I think 2 scores is concidered a convincing victory and not a blowout.

BParcells777
09-24-2012, 11:26 AM
I like your optomism, and barring another truckload of injuries you might be a prophet.......we could go 12-4

BParcells777
09-24-2012, 11:28 AM

We blew them out last year, and sent Vick to the hospital.......with a far less talented and deep team than this one

"this" Giants team is 0-0 vs the Eagles, as we turned over 33% of the roster.....its not the 2011 Giants vs the 2011 Eagles

TheEnigma
09-24-2012, 11:28 AM
The key to the 49ers game will be to establish the lead and force them to use the passing attack so they can't play their physical brand of football. The more pass attempts that Alex Smith has in the deep game, the more incompletions and potential interceptions our D will come away with.

CDN_G-FAN
09-24-2012, 12:19 PM
good thread.

until we get bodies back, facing teams with good defenses will prove to be our biggest problem, because the offense won't be able to cover up for our defense.

Philly, 49ers, Redskins, Dallas will be tougher games than they look like right now.

Buddy333
09-24-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm sorry but they did not blow them out last year. Watching the game it was not over by any stretch until there was less than 5 minutes left n the game.

BParcells777
09-24-2012, 01:39 PM
good thread.

until we get bodies back, facing teams with good defenses will prove to be our biggest problem, because the offense won't be able to cover up for our defense.

Philly, 49ers, Redskins, Dallas will be tougher games than they look like right now.

Our D was finally unleashed Thursday night......did you not like what you saw?
Fewell FINALLY brought more than 4 rushers.....the difference was as different as night and day

Toadofsteel
09-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Fewell FINALLY brought more than 4 rushers.....the difference was as different as night and day

^This... It was rushing more than 4 that beat GB (remember, 2 of the sacks on Rodgers were done by Boley). Though personally, I think Fewell was more comfortable sending a LB when all his CBs are healthy... he didn't blitz anyone when he had a hurting C-web and Coe or Tryon back there... now that he has Prince (who is tougher than he looks) and Hosley available, he's not going to feel as uncomfortable. Still hope he keeps the pressure up, because you could have a healthy Revis back there and without pressure he couldn't cover forever...

jomo
09-24-2012, 01:51 PM
I would have always told people to not get too carried away with the SOS thing because it changes every year. Still I found myself squirming over NO, SF, GB and the entire NFC east. You are totally correct, the balance of the schedule feels much more manageable as we move into week 4.

G.I. Ants
09-24-2012, 03:35 PM
It's can see majority of those teams beating themselves against the gmen.

cruz missle
09-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Any division game is a toss-up. Don't forget we lost 2 games to sexy rexy last year. The falcons do not lose at home. Steelers have not had harrison and palumalu on the field at the same time yet. the 49ers are not invincible but goddamn they are tough and who knows what our o-line will be then. everyone needs to calm down a bit. come back to me around week 8

TheJerseyDevil
09-24-2012, 04:35 PM
We blew them out last year, and sent Vick to the hospital.......with a far less talented and deep team than this one

"this" Giants team is 0-0 vs the Eagles, as we turned over 33% of the roster.....its not the 2011 Giants vs the 2011 Eagles

"We blew them out last year, and sent Vick to the hospital" something in my gut keeps saying this is going to happen again. I feel like this is the game the DE's get back on track and start getting constant pressure.

CDN_G-FAN
09-24-2012, 04:41 PM

it was one game against a team that didn't play up to its potential. Anyone that thinks that was a 'normal' Carolina performance is in for a shock.

and that certainly doesn't erase the horrible play of the last two games at all. Not for me at least.

I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if we get lit up for 24+ points again.

Drez
09-24-2012, 04:46 PM
September 25 2011 ... Giants 29-16 at Philly ... i realize that blowout is from a long, long time ago :)

13 points isn't much of a blowout. Nor was the game as decisive as those 13 points would indicate.

Drez
09-24-2012, 04:47 PM
It's can see majority of those teams beating themselves against the gmen.
I see what you did there!

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Philly's 2 wins should really be losses with all those turnovers, I believe in NFL karma, and hopefully Philly has used up their good luck on first 2 weeks.

Drez
09-24-2012, 04:48 PM
it was one game against a team that didn't play up to its potential. Anyone that thinks that was a 'normal' Carolina performance is in for a shock.

Now, the question is, was it not a normal performance because the Panthers didn't play well or was it not a normal performance for the Panthers because the Giants completely took them out of their game plan?

TheAnalyst
09-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Philly's 2 wins should really be losses with all those turnovers, I believe in NFL karma, and hopefully Philly has used up their good luck on first 2 weeks.

What are you talking about? They are a DYNASTY

CDN_G-FAN
09-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Now, the question is, was it not a normal performance because the Panthers didn't play well or was it not a normal performance for the Panthers because the Giants completely took them out of their game plan?

probably a little of both.

we weren't as bad as we looked against Dallas, and we aren't as good as we looked against Carolina.

Parademon
09-24-2012, 08:02 PM
I really think that if we can stay relatively healthy this yr & play to our full potential, 12 wins is not outside the realm of possibility. Az is playing great, but we have a way better O than they do & our D is just as good. Falcs are also playing great, but we match up great with em & Eli will win a shootout with Ryan. 49ers have Alex at QB, he isn't leading them to the promised land. GB is GB, but overall, we have the better team & better D .

Captain Chaos
09-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Look at the schedule in quarters, you never know when an injury can really impact the season, good teams can come back to earth and poor teams can start bringing things together. Its a real crap shoot. I think the best thing can say is that we play some pretty solid teams 49ers, Greenbay, Cinncy, Ravens, and Atlanta (they will test our team in a big way); a few teams that can be good but are inconsistent (Dallas, Eagles, Pittsburgh and the Saints). We could have a very bad year.....or we could do very well.