PDA

View Full Version : Hixon cleared, Bradshaw still has some issues

GiantFanatic55
09-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Ohm Youngmisuk ‏@NotoriousOHM
Domenik Hixon passed head injury protocol. Coughlin expects him to return to practice Wednesday

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
RB Ahmad Bradshaw "still has some issues, Coughlin said. He was being re-evaluated at the hospital this morning.

Other injury notes:

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina
Nicks, Hixon, Rolle, Bradshaw, Coe, Diehl, Rivers, Hosley not practicing today.

Coughlin said Antrel Rolle was just getting treatment today. His injury is still not serious.

Coughlin is hopeful of having RT David Diehl (knee) back this week.

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
Webster is wearing a practice cast that's bigger than what he'll wear in a game. Coughlin called it "cumbersome."

Jorge Castillo ‏@jorgeccastillo
Coughlin said Hakeem Nicks will likely continue practicing once a week. Likely Thursdays

Moke
09-24-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm fine with that. Andre Brown can play. Is Diehl going to be back? I'd really like to see us go another game without him to see if he really is a big issue on the offensive-line.

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Mostly good news

GMan-67
09-24-2012, 11:55 AM
not horrible news ... not loving that Webster broken hand ... he was off to a slow start and this cant help his play ... no QB will fear throwing his way ... not like he can easily pick even a bad pass with only 1 good hand

Cool Papa B.
09-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Deihl coming back this week?

The next question is what will this mean for OLine.

RoanokeFan
not horrible news ... not loving that Webster broken hand ... he was off to a slow start and this cant help his play ... no QB will fear throwing his way ... not like he can easily pick even a bad pass with only 1 good hand

If Coe and Hosley heal up, we can also get Will Hill involved

BParcells777
Actually you can club people with those casts LOL

CDN_G-FAN
09-24-2012, 12:15 PM
getting anyone back is a plus at this point.

that's all good news as far as im concerned.

CowboysSuck
09-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Hixon back..eh im not so sure Barden or Randle don't have a bigger upside

Diehl back...eh IMO thats ok for depth, I'd rather see the line the way it is..

Brashaw out...perfectly fine with that, Andre is running amazingly

Websters hand...not good

Nicks not practicing....no big deal hes a beast.

BParcells777
09-24-2012, 12:20 PM
What about Stevie Brown? I like this kid a lot.......at 221 lbs he's a briuser too.........he looked like Ed Reed out there

ryan12
i think dd will meeting the bench something he hasnt know since he has been here. he does add great depth however beatty boothe baas snee locklear should be the way line lines up sunday night

WEG313

Websters hand...not good

I'd be very surprised if Barden hasn't moved ahead of Hixon as the #3 receiver. However, I'd take Hixon over Randle as primary punt returner any day of the week. Given how well the OL has played the past 6 quarters, I would be very disappointed/angry if Diehl returns as starting LT.

JaxMan
If Coe and Hosley heal up, we can also get Will Hill involved

I would like to see hill play Grants role, with his hitting they talked about could be a dangerous nickel package for the giants, with rivers sidelined I think they should at least give it a shot this week, negate some of that speed of the offense they're going up against in Philly.

GameTime
09-24-2012, 12:22 PM
What about Stevie Brown? I like this kid a lot.......at 221 lbs he's a briuser too.........he looked like Ed Reed out there
put the breaks on with that one .......

CDN_G-FAN
09-24-2012, 12:28 PM

Websters hand...not good

barden and randle obviously have a bigger upside, but neither are as good as hixon is right now.

getting hixon back is big.

BParcells777
09-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Hey he's a 3yr vet from Michigan.......how bad could he be......they are a perrenial powerhouse

I like him, and I'm sticking by him..........yet another Reese "Bering Sea Gold" find.

ryan12
09-24-2012, 12:34 PM

yeah serious your comparing him to one of the best safties of all time and besides that pick he has been medicore at best

ryan12
09-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Hey he's a 3yr vet from Michigan.......how bad could he be......they are a perrenial powerhouse

I like him, and I'm sticking by him..........yet another Reese "Bering Sea Gold" find.

rewatch the jags preseason game this year he got TRUCKED in the endzone by a backup rb

BParcells777
09-24-2012, 12:36 PM
yeah serious your comparing him to one of the best safties of all time and besides that pick he has been medicore at best

sounds like the Ramses Barden talk before he finally got a few reps

BParcells777
09-24-2012, 12:38 PM
rewatch the jags preseason game this year he got TRUCKED in the endzone by a backup rb

getting trucked in the end zone is like taking a knee against Schiano........its the friggen end zone, who cares?.......unless it was OUR end zone LOL

GameTime
09-24-2012, 12:41 PM

thats a lot different then calling him "Ed Reed".....

Fharcyde
09-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing Hixon return kicks and punts again. But with the emergence of Ramses Barden and Rueben Randle waiting for action I'm hoping we can mix up our line-up a bit and get everyone some snaps.

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 01:54 PM
barden and randle obviously have a bigger upside, but neither are as good as hixon is right now.

getting hixon back is big.

Having all the receivers available is the best thing for the team. Who plays when is up to the coaches. Hixon is still out best returner.

CDN_G-FAN
09-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Having all the receivers available is the best thing for the team. Who plays when is up to the coaches. Hixon is still out best returner.

totally wrong.

who plays is completely up to me.

and i say hixon starts in the slot.

NWKEffectElement
09-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Diehl back???? YIKESSS!!!

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 02:16 PM
totally wrong.

who plays is completely up to me.

and i say hixon starts in the slot.

I'm going to ban myself now :(

CDN_G-FAN
09-24-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm going to ban myself now :(

LOL

the boards are better off with you un-banned.

i know you do this because the pay is so huge, but hopefully you enjoy the work too.

miked1958
09-24-2012, 02:45 PM
theres and old saying that you cant lose your starting job due to injury. lets hope the giants coaching staff is smarter then that

nycisgreat
09-24-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm fine with that. Andre Brown can play. Is Diehl going to be back? I'd really like to see us go another game without him to see if he really is a big issue on the offensive-line.

I agree with you %100.

manning to shockey
09-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Ahmad Bradshaw ‏@AhmadBradshaw
Great news! Thanks everyone for ur thoughts and prayers. But u dnt understand, I'm Ready to rock #bigblue #health

joemorrisforprez
09-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Ahmad Bradshaw ‏@AhmadBradshaw
Great news! Thanks everyone for ur thoughts and prayers. But u dnt understand, I'm Ready to rock #bigblue #health

Rest up Bradshaw!.....see you again in Week 5!

cruz missle
09-24-2012, 03:38 PM
anybody else notice that every time hixon goes down with an injury the giants find a stud receiver? maybe he should just rest up a bit longer

fansince69
09-24-2012, 03:39 PM
anybody else notice that every time hixon goes down with an injury the giants find a stud receiver? maybe he should just rest up a bit longer

Or maybe he should play more and get hurt more so we find more good receivers

joemorrisforprez
09-24-2012, 03:40 PM

That's because Hixon just isn't that great. He's fine. But that's about it.

nycsportzfan
09-24-2012, 04:23 PM
I just want Hosley, Rivers, Nicks, and Bradshaw back mainly.. Those are the 4 that can really help us.. Barden prooved hes better then Hixon has been for a while, and Coe isn't as big a nesesecity with Hosley, Prince, and Webster healthy or at least playing.. Our oline has been brilliant without Diehl..

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 04:40 PM
LOL

the boards are better off with you un-banned.

i know you do this because the pay is so huge, but hopefully you enjoy the work too.

It's the New York Football Giants Message Boards, this is an honor. I'd do it for free....OH WAIT :p

TextureDj
09-24-2012, 07:45 PM
That's because Hixon just isn't that great. He's fine. But that's about it.

I just want Hosley, Rivers, Nicks, and Bradshaw back mainly.. Those are the 4 that can really help us.. Barden prooved hes better then Hixon has been for a while, and Coe isn't as big a nesesecity with Hosley, Prince, and Webster healthy or at least playing.. Our oline has been brilliant without Diehl..

Guys, Hixon makes every one of those catches that Barden made last week. I am a big Ramses supporter, but Hixon makes those. All day.

Diehl, I agree totally, Love the guy, love his toughness. That hand he played through last year was insane, but I think he is on the decline.