PDA

View Full Version : Fire Reese!!!

T-Murda84
12-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Eli Manning is a great QB....why is this dumb GM surrounding Eli with undrafted free agents, poor offensive line, and receivers who drop or stop on routes. I never seen so much horse shyt in a game in my life.

Then defensively, he choses to draft Prince saying we got good value for him...and Hes benched in favor for his other bust, Aaron Ross. Free agent blunders in Rolle, Canty, Baas, and Bernard, etc. What is he doing to this team?

myles2424
12-18-2011, 04:26 PM
People get mad when you point it out,but Reese is living off his 2007 draft.....2009 was horrendous,2010 wasn't much better, FA signings were terrible.....

T-Murda84
12-18-2011, 04:28 PM
People get mad when you point it out,but Reese is living off his 2007 draft.....2009 was horrendous,2010 wasn't much better, FA signings were terrible.....

Thanks man and u are completey right about people living off his 2007 draft.

Dirt66
12-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Get rid of them all..JR, TC and his doofus staff!!

PIERCEnumber58rules
12-18-2011, 04:30 PM
At this point, we need a complete overhaul of front office, coaches, and players. Let's start with Reese, Coughlin (unfortunately), Fewell, and Gilbride after the Dallas game or sooner. This is unacceptable to field this garbage year after year. I don't care if we somehow make the playoffs. Im ready to clean house.

hungrrrry
12-18-2011, 04:36 PM
If Coughlin should be fired...reese's name should also be in there to be tanked as well

Dirt66
12-18-2011, 04:38 PM
If Coughlin should be fired...reese's name should also be in there to be tanked as wellThat's what everyone is saying!

M0rbid
12-18-2011, 04:39 PM
I like Reese but you guys made a good point. If Tom goes, everyone must go. Clean up......

M0rbid
12-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Duplicate.....

NWKEffectElement
12-18-2011, 04:41 PM
You sound like a fool. This same team could arguably be 10-3 if it wasn't for terrible coaching. He will get a chance with his own coaching selection.

giantsandyanks1
12-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Eli Manning is a great QB....why is this dumb GM surrounding Eli with undrafted free agents, poor offensive line, and receivers who drop or stop on routes. I never seen so much horse shyt in a game in my life.

Then defensively, he choses to draft Prince saying we got good value for him...and Hes benched in favor for his other bust, Aaron Ross. Free agent blunders in Rolle, Canty, Baas, and Bernard, etc. What is he doing to this team?
Reese deserves to go with the rest of the trash

SanAntonioGiant
12-18-2011, 04:42 PM
SIGNED!

tigafur
If coughlin even tries to keep fewell on his staff than fire him too but fewell has to go

NWKEffectElement
I like Reese but you guys made a good point. If Tom goes, everyone must go. Clean up......

He will get a chance to choose his own coach like most GMs do. He was hired while the TC error was still going.

bleedinblue27
12-18-2011, 04:43 PM
you guys are stupid!!</P>

Reese supplies the players, the Coach supply the schem!! </P>

Reese is doing his job......TC is only doing half of his!!</P>

6-2..........................down to 8-8 FIRE COUGHLIN!! NOOOW!!!</P>

hungrrrry
12-18-2011, 04:46 PM
At this point, we need a complete overhaul of front office, coaches, and players. Let's start with Reese, Coughlin (unfortunately), Fewell, and Gilbride after the Dallas game or sooner. This is unacceptable to field this garbage year after year. I don't care if we somehow make the playoffs. Im ready to clean house.I don't agree with getting rid of players...a few can go...McKensie is done! Bernard is done! Ross can go (but not necessarily)! Grant is done! But all the coaching and front office can go!

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Duplicate.....

TRIPLE DUPLICATE. FIRE THE BUM!!

HeGoesDeep
12-18-2011, 04:47 PM
fire coughlin, fewel, gillbride and definitely get rid of ross. hmm who else lol

HeGoesDeep
12-18-2011, 04:48 PM
fire coughlin, fewel, gillbride and definitely get rid of ross. hmm who else lol

T-Murda84
12-18-2011, 04:49 PM

6-2..........................down to 8-8 FIRE COUGHLIN!! NOOOW!!!</P>

Reese is doing his part? lol. Hes surrounding Eli was undraft fee agents...Ballard and Hynoksi who cant remember the snap count. Reese believe Manningham could be our number 2, but we all saw last year that he cant run the correct routes. He put this team in terrible debt with all his free agent busts, and his 1st pick this year is benched in favor of his 2007 1st rd bust.

giantsandyanks1
12-18-2011, 04:57 PM
pierre paul is the only good player drafted in the last two years i say hire cowher as coach and gm

BlueSanta
12-18-2011, 04:58 PM
For the 1st time I am begining to waver on Reese.

My problem with him is not his ability to draft. However, the money allocation and his free agent aquisitions are beginning to really cause us problems.

Lets look at his big FA signings:

Rolle has been a huge disapointment and while he isnt the dog many make him out to be, he CLEARLY does not deserve the contract he got. He is a marginal player.

You have Canty who has been an average player and a 2 down player, yet he is the highest paid player on the defense. Remember, we could not resign Cofield because of THIS contract. Coefield consistently referenced Canty's contract in negotiations.

Bernard was a disaster who after a big contract hogging space he had to be cut and resigned, but we still are paying some of that initial contract.

The offensive line has played better with Baas OUT of the lineup rather than in it. His contract is WAY too big.

Those 4 players hamstring this team with regards to future signings because of their inflated contracts.

Now, lets look at his drafts. In general, I love the players he gets. He clearly goes BPA rather than reach for need and thats fine. However, in doing so, we put ourselves in a situation where we HAVE to fulfill our needs in free agency and he just has not done that.

Because of the way rookie contracts work and free agency in the new CBA, free agent signings are now every bit as important as drafting and Reese track record in free agency is a nightmare.

FBomb
12-18-2011, 05:01 PM
I don't care who gets fired at this point. They can all go as far as I'm concerned.

elifan10
12-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Ive been saying Reese sucks and should be fired.

UmenYiourAnIdiot
12-18-2011, 05:15 PM

fail.

giantfan1976
12-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Why are you saying Reese should get a chance with his own coach. Tom Coughlin would have won 11 games this year if Reese would have done his job and filled the weak spots on this team (LB and OL). This season is on Reese.

guerilla
12-18-2011, 05:31 PM
As horrible as the season is panning out. You know as I know (being Giants Fans) that the Giants brass do not operate in a *fire sale* fashion. So as much as I would like to say the same. Just wait for the season in review bs. There will presumably a change. The culture needs to be adjusted tremendously.

NYSPORTS
12-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Reese has never even had the chance to name his own coach. Give it a rest, Reese isn't the issue.

hungrrrry
12-18-2011, 05:58 PM

6-2..........................down to 8-8 FIRE COUGHLIN!! NOOOW!!!</P>Sorry...Reese did nothing during this short offseason to provide us with capable veterans at LB after Goff got hurt....HE DID NOTHING!!! He was throwing Coughlin to the wolves becase he despises TC for what ever reason...as I mention before the season even started. I think Reese should be tanked or at least reprimanded for not doing his absolute best for the sake of this team!!!

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Reese has never even had the chance to name his own coach. Give it a rest, Reese isn't the issue.

TC won a SB with another GM's players so you have to start with the GM & work your way down the organization.

They needed 2ndary help since the beginning of the season & haven't done squat. There's a reason why they have to play the soft zone coverage. They don't have the DB's. JR where were you when they needed you to make the deal?

He'll stay & the rest of the coaching staff will be gone. Then after they go like 3 - 13 he will be on the hot seat but not before.

plaxattack17
12-18-2011, 08:42 PM
If Coughlin gets fired all it does is give Reese a break.
If you want to look at the personel- Ross getting bombed, terrible leadership defensively, absoloutely no linebackers to speak of except Boley, inexperienced options for Eli to throw too leading to most drops in nfl, Baas stinking along with offensive line, Rolle doing nothing except talk. Jerry Reese who people on this board think has a halo over his head, has done the square root of jack to solve these same problems which has been apparent for 3years. We've been desperate for a middle linebacker sine AP. Noone brought in other than a bunch of scrubs from the lower rounds who are terrible. Obsecene amount of money spent on Rolle which hasnt worked out. Signing Baas this offseason was a swell idea not. Ross as a first round draft pick is a bust. Rocky Bernard was a great idea. That punter he brought in last year imploded our season....a punter...the amount of games the last two seasons where the defense just didn't compete...and nothings been done to fix it.
JR has proven to be completely incapable of building a solid roster. He doesn't fix problems and his free agent signings are dissapointing. So in my opinion, Eli JPP Cruz and Coughlin are the only reasons why this team are anywhere near a playoff spot. Reese has a terrific eye for talent, but in terms of being a GM handling players and making the right decisions...he's proven incapable. He's a decent scout, but horrible GM in every other way. Definitely miss EA.

plaxattack17
12-18-2011, 08:57 PM
For the 1st time I am begining to waver on Reese.

My problem with him is not his ability to draft. However, the money allocation and his free agent aquisitions are beginning to really cause us problems.

Lets look at his big FA signings:

Rolle has been a huge disapointment and while he isnt the dog many make him out to be, he CLEARLY does not deserve the contract he got. He is a marginal player.

You have Canty who has been an average player and a 2 down player, yet he is the highest paid player on the defense. Remember, we could not resign Cofield because of THIS contract. Coefield consistently referenced Canty's contract in negotiations.

Bernard was a disaster who after a big contract hogging space he had to be cut and resigned, but we still are paying some of that initial contract.

The offensive line has played better with Baas OUT of the lineup rather than in it. His contract is WAY too big.

Those 4 players hamstring this team with regards to future signings because of their inflated contracts.

Now, lets look at his drafts. In general, I love the players he gets. He clearly goes BPA rather than reach for need and thats fine. However, in doing so, we put ourselves in a situation where we HAVE to fulfill our needs in free agency and he just has not done that.

Because of the way rookie contracts work and free agency in the new CBA, free agent signings are now every bit as important as drafting and Reese track record in free agency is a nightmare.

well constructed post. He has an eye for talent in the
draft...largely. BUt the reason why this team was completely hamstrung
this offseason and seemed unprepared for the FA frenzy after the new CBA
was almost solely because Reese's disgraceful record in free agency
prior to the offseason and these bloated contracts which stopped us from
being able to acquire desperately needed linebacker help, secondary
depth. What also Reese should be blamed for is instead of using Eli's
franchise QB abilities as a reason to stand pat and throw in some
undrafted guys for him to make better. He should be making the most of
having his talent in his prime and acquiring some decent offensive
lineman to protect him, some help at RB and a number 2 reciever who can
run his routes which Manningham is incapable. Alot of people were pissed
at Cofield for leaving, Osi for the contractal saga. But like every other player they look
at their colleagues around him and see Canty Rolle Benard getting
monster inflated contracts, its only natural you would want similar for better production.
Reese is incapable of building a coherant roster. And i dont see that changing next offseason.

BurnerNYG
12-18-2011, 09:01 PM
If the Giants fired Reese like this team having no passion or heart is all his fault, I'll go root for another team.

NWKEffectElement
02-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Oops!!!! I can't wait to see this clown back on these boards.

Diamondring
02-09-2012, 02:40 AM

Then defensively, he choses to draft Prince saying we got good value for him...and Hes benched in favor for his other bust, Aaron Ross. Free agent blunders in Rolle, Canty, Baas, and Bernard, etc. What is he doing to this team?Get enough players for the Giants to win Superbowl 46 and maybe more

Eli TO Shockey
02-09-2012, 02:41 AM
Haha. I think The majority of us felt this way after the skins loss. I know I had questions about TC and the future. Didn't want JR gone tho .

NWKEffectElement
02-09-2012, 02:46 AM
Haha. I think The majority of us felt this way after the skins loss. I know I had questions about TC and the future. Didn't want JR gone tho .

This guys has been relentless with the Reese hate, even before the lockout was over. He knows it and probably will never return because of it.

Diamondring
02-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Haha. I think The majority of us felt this way after the skins loss. I know I had questions about TC and the future. Didn't want JR gone tho .I didn't want Reese to go as well.

krygny
02-09-2012, 07:54 AM
I don't know if it was the majority but if it was, then the majority are idiots. We do have plenty of idiots here, as well as children throwing tantrums. If you posted something that appears stupid now, then it was stupid when you posted it. Own up to it.

It's just funny looking back at some of these threads from 6-8 weeks ago. Too bad the <font color="#FF0000">Super Bowl Champion</font> <font color="#000080">New York Football Giants</font> don't have a message board where you can actually search for posts.

bluesince86
02-09-2012, 08:16 AM
haha, when I first read the thread I was thinking, Really? who is gonna complain about Reese now? Then I saw the date of when it was created. I gotta admit, I wanted a complete overhaul from coaches to front office. So glad the Giants have a ownership and a GM who dont overreact when things arent going well.

VTJay
02-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Listen, i was pissed after the skins loss and wanted coughlin gone too, but... the Reese is living of the 07 draft is just stupid... Under reese the Giants are the best drafting team in football. Some of these morons expect every pick to be a probowler, I hate to break it to these "draft" experts, a 7th round pick that doesn`t work out is not a 'bust'

Bluesmash
02-09-2012, 09:11 AM
But how will this board react in 2012 after we lose a game or heaven forbid two in a row? My money is on this board having a short memory and overreacting yet again--but that's the fun of being a fan.

PIERCEnumber58rules
02-11-2012, 11:36 PM
At this point, we need a complete overhaul of front office, coaches, and players. Let's start with Reese, Coughlin (unfortunately), Fewell, and Gilbride after the Dallas game or sooner. This is unacceptable to field this garbage year after year. I don't care if we somehow make the playoffs. Im ready to clean house.

Wow.

What a moron I was for saying this crap. I clearly blew a fuse after the second Redskin loss. No excuse though. I was an idiot. I sincerely apologize to Reese, and the entire coaching staff for spewing such garbage.

GmenFan1980
02-11-2012, 11:38 PM
WOW

it hasn't even been a week and we already bumped another old thread

Simply Remarkable

logan9839
02-11-2012, 11:46 PM
This is pretty funny. What I love is how easy it is for folks to want someone fired. People forget that these are people too, you would not apprecaite it if folks were screaming for you to be fired.

All I can say is I am a proud fan and very glad we have this team, this FO and this coaching staff.

gmen0820
02-11-2012, 11:52 PM
I still don't and never understood the criticism for Reese this year.

There was absolutely nothing he really could have done with TEs, WRs and the OL. People blame him for letting go of O'Hara and his chronic ankle injury and Seubert who would have to come off an ACL tear in week 17, and Shawn Andrews who is a great guy, great player but has a back injury that doesn't look like will ever heal enough to play football. These guys played nowhere this year and Boss and Smith who left were non factors and there was really no one TE or WR worth signing.

We needed a center and he got us the best guy available.

TheEnigma
02-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Fire Matt Millen!!!

poppa smurph
02-12-2012, 12:05 AM
I still don't and never understood the criticism for Reese this year. There was absolutely nothing he really could have done with TEs, WRs and the OL. People blame him for letting go of O'Hara and his chronic ankle injury and Seubert who would have to come off an ACL tear in week 17, and Shawn Andrews who is a great guy, great player but has a back injury that doesn't look like will ever heal enough to play football. These guys played nowhere this year and Boss and Smith who left were non factors and there was really no one TE or WR worth signing. We needed a center and he got us the best guy available.Great summary.</P>

Anybody know how O'Hara and/or Seubert are doing? Retired?</P>

gmen0820
02-12-2012, 12:21 AM
I still don't and never understood the criticism for Reese this year. There was absolutely nothing he really could have done with TEs, WRs and the OL. People blame him for letting go of O'Hara and his chronic ankle injury and Seubert who would have to come off an ACL tear in week 17, and Shawn Andrews who is a great guy, great player but has a back injury that doesn't look like will ever heal enough to play football. These guys played nowhere this year and Boss and Smith who left were non factors and there was really no one TE or WR worth signing. We needed a center and he got us the best guy available.Great summary.</P>

Anybody know how O'Hara and/or Seubert are doing? Retired?</P>I think O'Hara got a try out with New England earlier in the year and Seubert and Andrews untouched because of injury concerns.

I also heard earlier in the year Seubert was planning a comeback. Dude has the heart of champion. Hope he succeeds, and he should be healthy. I would invite him to camp see how he looks. That's a guy you want on your team but like I said earlier, he would have been a waste of money which was tight to begin with this year.

Andrews, it's unfortunate. He would have been the most dominating LT wearing blue we have seen in a while if his back allowed it, but it just didn't.

poppa smurph
02-12-2012, 01:11 AM

Anybody know how O'Hara and/or Seubert are doing? Retired?</P>

I think O'Hara got a try out with New England earlier in the year and Seubert and Andrews untouched because of injury concerns. I also heard earlier in the year Seubert was planning a comeback. Dude has the heart of champion. Hope he succeeds, and he should be healthy. I would invite him to camp see how he looks. That's a guy you want on your team but like I said earlier, he would have been a waste of money which was tight to begin with this year. Andrews, it's unfortunate. He would have been the most dominating LT wearing blue we have seen in a while if his back allowed it, but it just didn't.[Y]</P>

Seubert would be the guy I'd look to out of the 3 to keep it going career wise.</P>

Hope they take a look at him for depth.</P>

Tony Bruno
02-12-2012, 01:20 AM
Get outta here... You people have to stop... The players do the playing and as long as they play hard well you see what happens... They are all professionals and are all good enough... We are champs and you should enjoy and trust our entire organizatiion,!!

n420p69
02-12-2012, 01:20 AM
I think alot of people had these sentiments when we were struggling but I think its safe to say now Reese, TC, Fewell, and even Gilbride, have bought themselves as much time here as they want to be here. The job they have all done here is amazing and I, for one, will never doubt any of them again.

GMENAGAIN
02-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Oops!!!! I can't wait to see this clown back on these boards.

It's not just him . . . . look at the rest of the posters supporting him. Embarassing . . . . .