PDA

View Full Version : Darrelle Revis out for the year

gmen0820
09-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Torn ACL. Lets see how that defense compensates for that blow. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/24/ryan-says-revis-has-torn-acl-out-for-season/

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Torn ACL. Lets see how that defense compensates for that blow. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/24/ryan-says-revis-has-torn-acl-out-for-season/

We have had major injuries over the last 5 years and pulled through. I wish them good luck....Nah just joking!

EliDaMANning
09-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Nothing to see

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-24-2012, 01:35 PM
He plays on the Jets not Eagles.Oops, I just woke up and was reading a bunch of e-girls threads! Damn I hate getting on these boards after a long night. LMAO I got smacked in the smack talk forums! Good Job!

EddieBlue
09-24-2012, 01:36 PM
He plays on the Jets not Eagles.

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

EliDaMANning
09-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Oops, I just woke up and was reading a bunch of e-girls threads! Damn I hate getting on these boards after a long night. LMAO I got smacked in the smack talk forums! Good Job!lol it's all good. They both wear green too. But you're right about one thing, next week will be an epic beatdown

Medisleman
09-24-2012, 01:43 PM
That is too bad for Revis. Many times those knees are never the same after an ACL tear. He may never be the same player again. i have had two blown ACLs, and granted he is a finely tuned athlete and I am just a working shmo, I can tell you it sucks to recover from. The replacement ACL is never as good as the original.

EliDaMANning
09-24-2012, 01:43 PM
This could turn into a Terrell Thomas issue.

TheEnigma
09-24-2012, 01:49 PM
This will be huge on Rex Ryan's defense and will severely limit what they can do with their safeties now.

CTLadyBlue
09-24-2012, 01:59 PM
What really must be frustrating is that it was a non-contact injury.

I would be very surprised if the Jets go far without him. Unfortunately, Revis is the only legitimate star on that team who is consistent in his play (Sanchez, Holmes and Cromartie are not). He's the type of player that if you lose him, the entire team will suffer whereas the Giants have so many second string players who can rise up when someone is out because we fill ourselves with talent - not big names (hellooooooo Tebow??) When a team's success or failure hinges on one main player it's a recipe for disaster. Granted, I was nervous about us going in against the Panthers with FOUR starters out against a team whose QB admittedly gave TC fits thinking about defending against. And we went in there and wholloped them with backups playing key roles AND a depleted secondary. THAT is and always will be the difference between the Giants and the Jets.

Best to Revis in his recouperation.

qndarius3
09-24-2012, 02:19 PM

ouch. tough break. really the only guy they could really not afford to lose.

JB456
09-24-2012, 02:41 PM
I am a Giants fan first but I actually feel bad for the Jets. I know many Jets fans and even have a few in my family. That franchise has been through so much and to get so close to the Superbowl and blow it in back to back years must be crushing.

Revis was their best player by far and now they have to win exclusively on the backs of Sanchez and Tebow, what a terrible day it is for them.

TheAnalyst
09-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Huge loss. No they wont recover from it. I like watching Revis play so I hope he bounces back.

nygfan90
09-24-2012, 03:38 PM
I am a Giants fan first but I actually feel bad for the Jets. I know many Jets fans and even have a few in my family. That franchise has been through so much and to get so close to the Superbowl and blow it in back to back years must be crushing.

Revis was their best player by far and now they have to win exclusively on the backs of Sanchez and Tebow, what a terrible day it is for them.And what's really gotta hurt them is after their two years of back to back AFC title appearances, we go on to win the superbowl..ouch lmfao!!

Toadofsteel
09-24-2012, 03:41 PM
I hope Revis feels better. He was worth more than the rest of the Jets organization combined...

miked1958
09-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Just a small small taste of what we had to go through for YEARS

JB456
09-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Just a small small taste of what we had to go through for YEARS

Lord knows the Giants were a mash unit last year but as bad as the injuries were, the Giants never lost their undisputed best player. Lol, imagine if the Giants lost Eli for the year and Carr had to take over. They might as well forfeit the rest of the season and go for the draft pick. The Jets are a snake bit organization and its a sad thing.

Rusty192
09-24-2012, 08:25 PM
The Jets caught our disease. Poor guy.

Parademon
09-24-2012, 08:33 PM
The Jets truly are a cursed organization. NE is not looking that great early on & the Jets had a great shot at trying to dethrone them this yr as AFCE champs, but Revis being out for the yr means NE is the champ again with Buffalo getting the WC.

Sarcasman
09-24-2012, 11:16 PM
This will be huge on Rex Ryan's defense and will severely limit what they can do with their safeties now.

Let's not play along with an idiot media that either pretends or actually believes that Revis doesn't get over the top help most of the time, just like any other corner.

GMan-67
09-25-2012, 01:25 AM
i have no love for the Jets, but i hate to see anyone get hurt and Revis was pretty amazing ... i've never seen anyone cover like him