PDA

View Full Version : Revis Island closed for construction

nygon3
09-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Reports have confirmed Jets All Pro CB Darrelle Revis tore his acl yesterday and is out for the season.

He was one one of the few players i actually liked on their team.
Maybe now we wont have to hear Jets fans delusional postseason dreams anymore? ...but knowing them, probably not...

GameTime
09-24-2012, 01:26 PM
too bad for him. No one is immune....
to top it all off it was a "no contact" injury.....

GameTime
09-24-2012, 01:28 PM
a couple of links.....

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/darrelle-revis-a-torn-left-acl-ny-jets-coach-rex-ryan-rule-cornerback-remainder-season-article-1.1167054 (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/darrelle-revis-a-torn-left-acl-ny-jets-coach-rex-ryan-rule-cornerback-remainder-season-article-1.1167054)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/24/darrelle-revis-acl-torn-injury-jets-dolphins-season_n_1909718.html?utm_hp_ref=sports

Cool Papa B.
09-24-2012, 01:36 PM
WOW.....

I feel sorry for Revis. I don't think I've ever seen a player tear his ACL on a non-contact play. Really wierd. I thought they would go 8-8 (at best 9-7) for the season. But now they might go 6-10. The almost lost to Miami with frookie QB still learning how to play that pos. Now an avg. QB will be able to carve that defense apart.

GameTime
09-24-2012, 01:39 PM
next man up...
there offense is more of the issue anyway. With Comrartie (sp) and the other CBs they will ok there mostly.

Toadofsteel
09-24-2012, 01:45 PM
I feel sorry for the Jets. Revis is basically the defensive version of Eli. Just goes out and does his job, and makes everyone around him look way better than they would be otherwise. I never heard crap from him...

Cool Papa B.
09-24-2012, 01:47 PM
next man up...
there offense is more of the issue anyway. With Comrartie (sp) and the other CBs they will ok there mostly.

Their defense without Revis is average at best.

Drez
09-24-2012, 02:10 PM
WOW.....

I feel sorry for Revis. I don't think I've ever seen a player tear his ACL on a non-contact play. Really wierd. I thought they would go 8-8 (at best 9-7) for the season. But now they might go 6-10. The almost lost to Miami with frookie QB still learning how to play that pos. Now an avg. QB will be able to carve that defense apart.Hixon did the first time he tore his ACL. Thomas slipped during a drill and retore his.

SiddFinch1
09-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Well Rex will get a chance to show why he thinks he is a defensive genius

BigBlueAllDay
09-24-2012, 06:39 PM
There goes one of the best coverage corners in the game for the season. Coming back from that is always unpredictable. Anyway, that's the Jets' problem and a likely loss to the 49ers is incoming.

nygon3
09-25-2012, 03:55 AM
Hixon did the first time he tore his ACL. Thomas slipped during a drill and retore his.

you beat me 2 it... n i agree that he is the defensive version of eli

NYFG
09-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Their defense without Revis is average at best.

Well than you can make the argument that with Revis their defense is average at best. I'm sorry one player as good as he is does not make a defense. Everyone is over reacting, the Jets season was going down hill way before Revis went down.