PDA

View Full Version : Vick on short leash

manning to shockey
09-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
Wow. Not a ringing endorsement ... RT @Jeff_McLane: Reid in changing QBs: We'll evaluate it as we go here. #NYG

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Tweets from Philly say Reid not exactly giving Vick a lot of rope. (Cough) Note the 2nd "sell" in our Monday playbook:

Geoff Mosher ‏@GeoffMosherCSN
Interesting that Reid said "right now we're with Michael. We'll evaluate it as we go" when asked if he's considering a QB change.

ebick
09-24-2012, 04:23 PM
it worries me somewhat that after a slow start against us, Foles will be brought in.....and we all know our track record against unknown's coming in off the bench.

manning to shockey
09-24-2012, 04:39 PM
^ true, i didnt even think about that. Foles will throw for 600 yards.

TheAnalyst
09-24-2012, 04:43 PM
I think Garcia and Kolb both killed us in the past coming off the bench for the Eagles.

I dont think they bench Vick though.

titwio
09-24-2012, 05:06 PM
it worries me somewhat that after a slow start against us, Foles will be brought in.....and we all know our track record against unknown's coming in off the bench.

I'd welcome Foles with open arms over Vick.

The O-line is what's the most suspect thing for Philly and Vick is basically running for his life. With Foles he'd be a sitting duck behind that line.

Rudyy
09-24-2012, 05:08 PM

The O-line is what's the most suspect thing for Philly and Vick is basically running for his life. With Foles he'd be a sitting duck behind that line. I don't think their O line is as bad as people say it is. Vick literally has all day to throw, he's just not a smart QB and is holding on to the ball forever.

njg85m
09-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Hahaha. Love the pun.

titwio
09-24-2012, 05:13 PM
I don't think their O line is as bad as people say it is. Vick literally has all day to throw, he's just not a smart QB and is holding on to the ball forever.

I actually DVR'D the Eagles game yesterday and what you say is true sometimes...but guys were running free constantly in the Eagles backfield. I'm thinking specifically of Daryl Washington and Kerry Rhodes plays.

Rudyy
09-24-2012, 05:16 PM
I actually DVR'D the Eagles game yesterday and what you say is true sometimes...but guys were running free constantly in the Eagles backfield. I'm thinking specifically of Daryl Washington and Kerry Rhodes plays. That's true..but the Cardinal D is no joke though.

Rudyy
09-24-2012, 05:17 PM
I think a lot of the O line problems is caused by Vick himself. Waiting..and then running, then stopping to pass and then running again.

SweetZombieJesus
09-24-2012, 05:35 PM
I think Garcia and Kolb both killed us in the past coming off the bench for the Eagles.

I dont think they bench Vick though.

Romo got his debut in relief of archaic Drew Bledsoe

ebick
09-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Romo got his debut in relief of archaic Drew Bledsoe

and almost came back and won a game that we had dominated, if memory serves....

TheJerseyDevil
09-24-2012, 06:00 PM
vince young, i still cant figure out how he always got us. he sucks.

Sarcasman
09-24-2012, 11:22 PM
vince young, i still cant figure out how he always got us. he sucks.

We've lost to crappier QBs than him.

I'm praying Vick remains the starter throughout the length of his contract. What the hell, give him an extension as far as I'm concerned.

EddieBlue
09-25-2012, 08:52 AM

The O-line is what's the most suspect thing for Philly and Vick is basically running for his life. With Foles he'd be a sitting duck behind that line.
+10000

easterbeast
09-25-2012, 09:33 AM
We've lost to crappier QBs than him.

I'm praying Vick remains the starter throughout the length of his contract. What the hell, give him an extension as far as I'm concerned.

yeah.....i want vick in there

Joe Morrison
09-25-2012, 09:42 AM

Be careful what you wish for, many a back up has gotten a W of the GMEN, lets hope Vick stays healthy for 1 more game, if they continue to play like they have Vick is not going to make it a full season, I have picked 8 games the most he would make it as a starter this year and it's a small miracle he's made it throught the first 3.

giantsforce
09-25-2012, 12:31 PM

I dont think they bench Vick though.Yeah, even Vince Young killed us!