PDA

View Full Version : Eagles' coach Andy Reid refuses to give QB Michael Vick a vote of confidence

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Eagles' coach Andy Reid refuses to give QB Michael Vick a vote of confidence before game against Giants

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1167221 (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/eagles-coach-andy-reid-refuses-give-quarterback-michael-vick-a-vote-confidence-game-ny-giants-article-1.1167221)

Excerpt: "Michael Vick (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Michael+Vick) has been a thorn in the Giants' side since he became the Eagles starting quarterback late in the 2009 season. They would sure enjoy the chance to pluck him out, once and for all.
They may get the chance on Sunday night in Philadelphia now that Eagles coach Andy Reid (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Andy+Reid+%28Football%29) has refused to give the struggling Vick a vote of confidence as his starter. Reid didn't exactly say he was pondering a quarterback change, but he sure did leave the door wide open when he was asked if he was.

"Right now, we're with Michael and that's what we're doing," Reid told reporters in Philly on Monday. "We'll evaluate it as we go." Read more...

Rudyy
09-24-2012, 05:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQPAxiv1SKU

Cags
09-24-2012, 05:45 PM
It's time for us to create a quarterback contreversy in Philly. Andy Reid doesn't want to, but if we pound this guy into the ground Reid might not have a choice.

I despise Michael Vick (for all the off the field nonsense) and I've never thought he was a great or even good QB, a phenominal athlete for sure, but not a great QB like he was made out to be.

It's time to push the Eagles and Vick over the edge

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Vick doesn't need a vote of confidence, he needs a security detail

FBomb
09-24-2012, 06:06 PM
I don't think I agree with the statement that Vickey has been a "thorn" in our side. It's usually Eagles back up QB that gives us fits.

Either way....I want HIM!! I want to be the team that gets him benched!!

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 06:08 PM
I don't think I agree with the statement that Vickey has been a "thorn" in our side. It's usually Eagles back up QB that gives us fits.

You are right, we've always been able to contain Vick but the backup have given us fits.

fansince69
09-24-2012, 06:10 PM

I agree...Vick Doesn't scare me...we have played him tough back to his days with the Falcons.....His backups seem to kill us

FBomb
09-24-2012, 06:13 PM
You are right, we've always been able to contain Vick but the backup have given us fits.

I think Vick gets hurt or pulled before half time and we spend the rest of the game trying to hold onto a lead with Foles.

jomo
09-24-2012, 06:15 PM
You are right, we've always been able to contain Vick but the backup have given us fits..........even moreso when he was with Atlanta. We heard alot of hype about the athleticism but it never killed us.

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 06:17 PM
I think Vick gets hurt or pulled before half time and we spend the rest of the game trying to hold onto a lead with Foles.

STOP, I'm getting nervous now lol

TheJerseyDevil

With as much as i despise Vick, this would make beating him all that much more sweet.

RoanokeFan
.........even moreso when he was with Atlanta. We heard alot of hype about the athleticism but it never killed us.

Exactly right

burier
09-24-2012, 06:18 PM
How is Vick in danger of being benched.

Andy Reid is strange indivisual.

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 06:20 PM

Could simply be psychological warfare.

fansince69
09-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Could simply be psychological warfare.

One thing for sure...it will be a dog fight

sorry couldn't resist

Rudyy
09-24-2012, 06:26 PM
One thing for sure...it will be a dog fight

sorry couldn't resist LOL

ELI_HOF_NYG
09-24-2012, 06:45 PM
well the giants don't have the best outcome when facing a teams back up so I wouldn't get too excited, it really means nothing. I have a bad memory of Romo going down and Jon Kitna torching us,,,now I know kitna was a vet, but I'm just saying.

G-MENBK
09-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Vick will play and I hope the G-Men do to him what the Browns, Ravens and Cardinals did to him, only with more aggression and carnage attached to it. The back-up QB, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Jiffy Jeff
09-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Gotta love it......Thanks, Ro.

joemorrisforprez
09-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Good for Andy Reid...... Vick got paid, and now he's going back into his Falcon form...... he's about to get his 2nd head coach fired.

Rat_bastich
09-24-2012, 07:42 PM

Andy Reid is on the hot seat this year after Lurie issued his statement prior to the season beginning. He pretty much stated that if Andy doesn't do it this year then it may be the end of him in Philly. This of course just when Reid was dealing with the death of his son. I just think the organization is putting too much pressure on Reid this time around and this is most likely the end of Reid and Vick.

Vick isn't usually too much of an issue. His problem, and the problem with most run before pass quarterbacks is that their O-lines usually have a tough time blocking for them because they have no idea where they are behind them. Pocket passers are much easier to block for because the O-line usually knows where they are at. I hope the D-line can get after him this week and I hope our secondary...or Boley takes advantage of Vick's horrible throws and get a few interceptions.

miked1958
09-24-2012, 08:08 PM
I think we finally put a complete game together. Both offense and defense. We go in and make filthy fans file out in the third quarter. End of story

miked1958
09-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Oh I know we beat Carolina 36-7 but what I'm referring to is a dominate pass rush that drops Vick 8 times and causes 5 turnovers or more

TextureDj
09-24-2012, 08:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQPAxiv1SKUThanks for that Rudyy, I was having a mildly bad day, but now I cant even remember why. Its all aunshine and rainbows from here on out.

giantsfan420
09-24-2012, 08:22 PM
hes just a bad qb. he cant read presnap. he is 100% athleticism tho and he does have an amazing arm. but presnap is as important as during the snap in the NFL.
for example, that rhodes sack fumble TD return. EVEN I COULD READ THAT D lmfao. Rhodes is showing blitz off the edge. You have Avant in the slot, and then another one out wide. 2v2 right there. 1v1 matchups.
Now instead of realizing that immediately, and hitting Avant who ends up pretty much wide open or at least to where vick culd throw him real quick and if its incomplete u kick the FG. What he does, is lock down on the strong side where u have Celek and a Wide out up against at least 3 defenders. A LB who doesnt show blitz ends up blitzing which makes it 2 v 3 but it showed 2 v 4. Like that was so blatantly obvious. And Avant is virtually wide open...

I'm sorry, no NFL QB should be taken 7 seconds to get rid of it and not being able to read defenses presnap. It what makes him hold the ball so long. He waits for someone to come open then throw it when he should know where the opening is, and throw it with timing...

But, the success Vick HAS had, just is a great indicator of how freaking athletic and talented he is. had he not dogged it until 2 yrs ago in terms of doing the off field work and studying, he'd look like a mobile tom brady. as it is, he looks like an up n down qb with serious flaws

giantsfan420
09-24-2012, 08:24 PM
i bet that was the play that put vick on a short leash. avant runs a flat (thanks rudy for the clip I was going off memory) and is wide open. vick should have easily recgnized it presnap, and had a 1 read or throw it away to kick a fg. how he just stands there clueless...he just i dunno what his deal is

edit- and to make things worse, he locks in on PPetersons side? Djax vs PP in the endzone? I take PP every time, DJax doesnt have space to blow by him with speed. Thats just horrid horrid awareness from vick. Again, I have ZERO idea wtf vick was thinking. that could be the worst play from a qb this entire year, rookes included

titwio
09-24-2012, 08:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQPAxiv1SKU

When I saw this play I was cheering like it was a Giants game. What a huge play that was with 6 seconds left...pretty dumb not kicking the FG there but hey...I'm not complaining.

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 08:31 PM
I wonder if Reid's current position on Vick has anything to do with owner Jeffrey Laurie saying Reid is on the hot seat this season?

Rudyy
09-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks for that Rudyy, I was having a mildly bad day, but now I cant even remember why. Its all aunshine and rainbows from here on out. Glad I could make your day, it always makes my day to see the Eagles fail.

Rudyy
09-24-2012, 08:39 PM
When I saw this play I was cheering like it was a Giants game. What a huge play that was with 6 seconds left...pretty dumb not kicking the FG there but hey...I'm not complaining. Yup. Michael G.O.A.T Vick just lovesssss holding on to the ball. My God we better sack him 67 times on Sunday.

derekunion28
09-24-2012, 10:10 PM
ill take a win and our defense to show up..... no mistakes .....i wana look like a defending champ team....

jomo
09-24-2012, 10:14 PM
We need to keep our guard up. This is all part of motivating Vick. We need to prepare for this game like we are going to take a beating. Then everything will be alright. This is a trap game in a wierd sort of way.

Joe Morrison
09-24-2012, 10:23 PM
We need to keep our guard up. This is all part of motivating Vick. We need to prepare for this game like we are going to take a beating. Then everything will be alright. This is a trap game in a wierd sort of way. Agreed, the way the Eagles have given up Vick for 3 weeks will only have the D Line all pumped up for a big game, but it only counts if they show up, surprised Vick hasn't been seriously injured yet, he's taken a real beating.

nycisgreat
09-24-2012, 10:36 PM
It's time for us to create a quarterback contreversy in Philly. Andy Reid doesn't want to, but if we pound this guy into the ground Reid might not have a choice.

I despise Michael Vick (for all the off the field nonsense) and I've never thought he was a great or even good QB, a phenominal athlete for sure, but not a great QB like he was made out to be.

It's time to push the Eagles and Vick over the edge

You never know playing against this team. They are very capable to beating us on Sunday. This has been something the Eagles have been doing to the Giants for years, so I am not going to make any predictions for this game. I would like the Giants to pound this Eagles this week.

daynemustgo
09-24-2012, 11:22 PM
Seems like NY always brings out the best in the Eagles. Tough week to play them as AZ literally shoved them around all afternoon. I expect the Eagles best effort of the season.

Captain Chaos
09-25-2012, 06:13 AM
Seems like NY always brings out the best in the Eagles. Tough week to play them as AZ literally shoved them around all afternoon. I expect the Eagles best effort of the season.

They are going to want to reestablish themselves, I think we see a concerted effort on their part. It will be a great game to watch. I like our LB's speed here, it will sure help in the containment; hope River's is on the mend!