PDA

View Full Version : AB1: "But you dont understand, I'm Ready to rock"

CowboysSuck
09-24-2012, 06:27 PM
According to AB1's official facebook page, H'es ready to rock...whatever that means. Does anyone know if that means he is definitely playing this weekend? And if so, what will his role be?

Heres the entire post: Great news! Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. But you dont understand, I'm Ready to rock!

http://www.facebook.com/AhmadBradshaw44

Giantz4Life
09-24-2012, 06:28 PM
He was cleared medically to play....so I would assume so.

CowboysSuck
09-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Oh, I i missed that news, crap sorry

fansince69
09-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Oh, I i missed that news, crap sorry

He may be ready to rock...the question is...are the Giants ready to let him roll?

FBomb
09-24-2012, 06:34 PM
"Rocking" would be a nice change of pace for you!! Enough talk.....let's see something.

CowboysSuck
09-24-2012, 06:34 PM
i love bshaw but i want to see what ab2 can do... it might be his time

titwio
09-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Bradshaw is my boy...hope Brown's success lights a fire under his *** cause I miss the Bradshaw that used to be the angriest, toughest mofo to take down. He goes down way too easy these days.

Hopefully he comes out gunz blazin.

egyptian420
09-24-2012, 07:00 PM
I guess I picked up Andre Brown for my fantasy for nothing

Rudyy
09-24-2012, 07:04 PM
He may be ready to rock...the question is...are the Giants ready to let him roll? Well played.

Rock..N Roll. heh.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Why not come back with our dreaded 3 headed monster? If we all of the sudden do not let Bradshaw play IF he is healthy, he will have no desire to help the 2 new backs(Brown/Wilson) develop from his knowledge. I loved what Brown did for us with Bradshaw out, however if we can have a 3 back(always fresh) front, Im thinking it's gold! He has to feel and compete not only in practice but during games IF he is healthy. Otherwise it will be detrimental to our teams' development.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 07:18 PM
I don't want D Wilson in the mix just yet.

giantsfan420
09-24-2012, 07:20 PM
not only that, but with a 3 headed committee made up of these guys is INSANE. the potential is sky high. Can you imagine being a DC and having to account for Powerback Brown, tough all around runner in Bradshaw, and an electric home run hitter in Wilson?
Then you add Nicks, Cruz, Bennett, and Barden? I think the Giants org. should setup a suicide hotline/watch for opposing DC's...

giantsfan420
09-24-2012, 07:21 PM
if brown is legit as he's been the past 2 weeks, we would have 2 starting quality RB's with a potential top 5 RB in Wilson...I hope 44 plays vs Philly he always plays them hard as he can

gmen0820
09-24-2012, 07:23 PM
If Brown is as good as he was vs TB, and Carolina, we should feature him. The presence of a run game alone is enough. Strengthens play action, and softens coverage.

joemorrisforprez
09-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Someone wake me up when he's ready to average 4 yards per carry.

titwio
09-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Someone wake me up when he's ready to average 4 yards per carry.

He's averaging 4.3 ypc

G-MENBK
09-24-2012, 07:35 PM
He's averaging 4.3 ypc

True, but take away that one big run he had against Dallas and he's now averaging only 2.9 ypc.

joemorrisforprez
09-24-2012, 07:38 PM
True, but take away that one big run he had against Dallas and he's now averaging only 2.9 ypc.

Exactly....he's looked like crap this season. He had one big gain when the game was out of hand and Dallas was playing pass defense all the way.

G-MENBK
09-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Exactly....he's looked like crap this season. He had one big gain when the game was out of hand and Dallas was playing pass defense all the way.

I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with this new OL. Then, I'll be able to determine who is our #1 and #2 RB.

Rat_bastich
09-24-2012, 07:44 PM
This is why competition is good. It gets guys back from injuries quicker and causes them to go all out. With Brown breathing down his neck, Bradshaw has to showcase what he can do or go the way of Jacobs.

JB456
09-24-2012, 07:48 PM

This is a big deal too. Stats are not are created equal. What would you rather have? A Runningback who runs for: 6,4,3,5,4,8 or a back who runs for: 2,1,0,4,3,15.

There is one caveat to the Runningback situation. Although Brown has definitely run better than Bradshaw, the offensive line seemed to finally come together during the game that Bradshaw went down. Lets see what happens when both Bradshaw and Brown run behind this reinvigorated offensive line.

titwio
09-24-2012, 07:48 PM

Yeah but that goes for every back who has big runs. Demarco Murray was being shut down till he had that flukey 70 or whatever gain he had.

I understand what you guys are trying to say but Bradshaw was looking pretty good in that Tampa game before he got hurt (13 yard run or so) and the Panthers were playing soft defense as well. He could have very well put up big numbers in either of those games like Brown did.

G-MENBK
09-24-2012, 07:49 PM
This is why competition is good. It gets guys back from injuries quicker and causes them to go all out. With Brown breathing down his neck, Bradshaw has to showcase what he can do or go the way of Jacobs.

Enough said.

joemorrisforprez
09-24-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with this new OL. Then, I'll be able to determine who is our #1 and #2 RB.

I think the line has improved, and it has helped Brown. I also think Brown has helped the line alot. He runs were he is supposed to run, and can bust open some doors when needed.

G-MENBK
09-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Yeah but that goes for every back who has big runs. Demarco Murray was being shut down till he had that flukey 70 or whatever gain he had.

I understand what you guys are trying to say but Bradshaw was looking pretty good in that Tampa game before he got hurt (13 yard run or so) and the Panthers were playing soft defense as well. He could have very well put up big numbers in either of those games like Brown did.

I'm not disputing that. He was pathetic in the first half and in the second he was getting a lot of yardage a carry (That one big one, a few carries for 5 or 9 yards), and over the last 3 games, he too has looked average.

Still, look at AB2. You ask us to take out his longest run and we follow it up with "which one?"

titwio
09-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Still, look at AB2. You ask us to take out his longest run and we follow it up with "which one?"

Basically Ahmad only played one game so it's a smaller sample size to Brown. I understand Brown has run good in his time but that was with an improved line and against a soft Panthers defense.

I'm just arguing a case that Bradshaw didn't get the same treatment. I could of sworn in that Tampa bay game when Bradshaw ran that 13 yard run his eyes almost popped out of his head the hole was so big...then he got hurt and Brown did work. If he stayed healthy I'm thinking he would have put up similar numbers or better than what Brown did.

Toadofsteel
09-24-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm ready to unleash AB Squadron on the unsuspecting teams of the NFL...

G-MENBK
09-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Basically Ahmad only played one game so it's a smaller sample size to Brown. I understand Brown has run good in his time but that was with an improved line and against a soft Panthers defense.

I'm just arguing a case that Bradshaw didn't get the same treatment. I could of sworn in that Tampa bay game when Bradshaw ran that 13 yard run his eyes almost popped out of his head the hole was so big...then he got hurt and Brown did work. If he stayed healthy I'm thinking he would have put up similar numbers or better than what Brown did.

Hey, I did say I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and when Bradshaw does return and play, we'll be able to better deduce who in fact will be our go ahead RB.

miked1958
09-24-2012, 08:27 PM
According to AB1's official facebook page, H'es ready to rock...whatever that means. Does anyone know if that means he is definitely playing this weekend? And if so, what will his role be?Heres the entire post: Great news! Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. But you dont understand, I'm Ready to rock!http://www.facebook.com/AhmadBradshaw44Fine with me.. Let it be the Attack of the ABs

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 08:43 PM
I guess I picked up Andre Brown for my fantasy for nothing

Why?

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 08:48 PM
We still rotate our running backs situationally. As someone else said, the competition is good for everybody. Which running back in on the field for the first snap is immaterial.

nhpgiantsfan
09-24-2012, 08:56 PM
There is no reason Brown can't take Jacobs role like the past few years. Let them share carries. There are only a few teams in the league that have that "special" back that's on the field for every play. Let Bradshaw start out of respect and then let them share the carries, and if 1 guy is hot, stay with him a little more.

pino
09-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Glad to hear he is ready to rock, because we are ready to see the old AB1. Come hungry AB.

CowboysSuck
09-24-2012, 09:17 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that the majority of the players who sat out Thursday due to injury did it just as much for the actual injury as: we were on a short week and TC is/was preparing the troops for our big game against the Eagles.

aka Bradshaw, Nicks may have been physically cleared

Buddy333
09-24-2012, 09:24 PM
This is good news. With the Eagles pass rush he will be needed.

Captain Chaos
09-24-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm in for a little rock and roll this weekend!

derekunion28
09-24-2012, 10:00 PM
release the ABs

joemorrisforprez
09-24-2012, 10:06 PM
We still rotate our running backs situationally. As someone else said, the competition is good for everybody. Which running back in on the field for the first snap is immaterial.

I will say this.....Andre Brown has the tools needs to stay on the field in any situation. So, that will help with the playcalling.

BigBlue1971
09-24-2012, 10:11 PM
when AB1 is healthy this could be a lethel combination!

i think they will compliment each other well!

nycisgreat
09-24-2012, 10:43 PM
He was cleared medically to play....so I would assume so.

Sounds about right to me.

SackingMyths
09-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Bradshaw hasn't gotten the opportunity to run behind the reshuffled (and vastly improved) O-Line. Diehl was still in there when he was getting slammed in the backfield regularly.

I wouldn't assume 1 great game from Brown has rendered Ahmad a 5 carry per game change-up based solely on such a small sample.

Bradshaw's still our best pass protector, check down, and screen option. Against Philly's pass rush, we'll all be glad he's back.

Andre doing a passable job in protection against Carolina's anemic pass rush isn't close to the same thing as pitching in to chip Cole, Babin, Tapp, Graham etc.

Mr. G-Man
09-25-2012, 01:21 AM
i concur. 3 headed monster

joemorrisforprez
09-25-2012, 01:28 AM
Bradshaw hasn't gotten the opportunity to run behind the reshuffled (and vastly improved) O-Line. Diehl was still in there when he was getting slammed in the backfield regularly.

I wouldn't assume 1 great game from Brown has rendered Ahmad a 5 carry per game change-up based solely on such a small sample.

Bradshaw's still our best pass protector, check down, and screen option. Against Philly's pass rush, we'll all be glad he's back.

Andre doing a passable job in protection against Carolina's anemic pass rush isn't close to the same thing as pitching in to chip Cole, Babin, Tapp, Graham etc.

My prediction: Ahmad is going to return, and will not be as effective as Andre Brown.

And frankly, I think Brown is fine in pass protection.

PRGiant
09-25-2012, 01:35 AM
I think Bradshaw deserves the shot to play with the new OL sans Diehl and everyone ofrgets pass-pro, Bradshaw is better than Brown there. So having them split carries sounds good to me!

joemorrisforprez
09-25-2012, 01:37 AM
I think Bradshaw deserves the shot to play with the new OL sans Diehl and everyone ofrgets pass-pro, Bradshaw is better than Brown there. So having them split carries sounds good to me!

If Bradshaw has a great game, it wouldn't be the first time the guy proved me wrong.