PDA

View Full Version : PFF William Beatty

baywest
09-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Did you know William Beatty had the key blocks for Donald Brown to rush over 2000 yards in his senior year of college. Brown was the leading rusher in the nation running behind Beatty, in his Senior year in college. ProFootball Professional Focus (PPF) said Beatty had the key blocks for Andrea Brown last Thursday and scored him at a +5.4. The highest of all players for that game. Gave Locklear +1.3. Stated that Beatty was nearly faultless etc.Good article.

RichardMc
09-24-2012, 07:02 PM
In looking at the coaches film, and I do not claim to be an expert, I could see places where Locklear struggled. Though I have no idea what is considered an acceptable average. If a player makes 60% of his blocks is that considered average or acceptable? I wish I knew.

rainierjef
09-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Who's Andrea brown? Andre Browns wife? :P

TheEnigma
09-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Beatty will have an excellent test against Trent Cole. If you like watching battles in the trenches, this will be a good one.

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Not a bad outing for Beatty's first full game back

TheAnalyst
09-24-2012, 09:11 PM
A healthy Beatty is key to our oline success.

ReiRiza
09-24-2012, 11:04 PM
Beatty is the future. It's been pretty clear to me the past two games...man comes back from injury and just fits in well. We don't need to worry about Beatty. Well that's my opinion lol

Redeyejedi
09-24-2012, 11:28 PM
In looking at the coaches film, and I do not claim to be an expert, I could see places where Locklear struggled. Though I have no idea what is considered an acceptable average. If a player makes 60% of his blocks is that considered average or acceptable? I wish I knew.Locklear had some issues yes but still light years better then Diehl

Buddy333
09-24-2012, 11:54 PM
So what do they do if Diehl can play this week?

Kase-1
09-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Beatty is our LT of the future, he was having a damned good season last year until his freak eye injury. Hopefully he can stay on the field and continue to lay it down

bbdynasty
09-25-2012, 12:13 AM

hopefully they realize by now that diehl is not a starting caliber tackle. they should keep the line they had v. carpolina, which looked, frankly, excellent for the most part

bearbryant
09-25-2012, 12:40 AM
Uhhhhhhhhhh You're kidding no?!!!diehl- back- where-the pine right! Sorry but its soooooo obvious to all except Mrs. Dielh that its time for DD to step aside and join some of his old buddies, like Ohara, Mac, Richie Suebert Etc. All were good but time comes to go out onto the ice flow!

Captain Chaos
09-25-2012, 06:09 AM
I've always thought Beatty would become a solid LT, he is showing that he has the tools; can't wait to see how the O line does this week. I like Locklear on the right but thin the future is Brewer. I like that they are starting to use Brewer as the Big TE on short yardage, hoping that he will grow into our future starting RT.

RagTime Blue
09-25-2012, 11:42 AM
I've always thought Beatty would become a solid LT, he is showing that he has the tools; can't wait to see how the O line does this week. I like Locklear on the right but thin the future is Brewer. I like that they are starting to use Brewer as the Big TE on short yardage, hoping that he will grow into our future starting RT.

Couldn't agree more. This cast of characters should get us through the season. After that, I think JR will have to dig deep as usual.

TrueBlue@NYC
09-25-2012, 11:56 AM
OL needs to stay as it is. I love DD, but him going down essentially upgraded both edges of the OL. Locklear is a better RT than DD, and Beatty is a better LT than Locklear.

Having good OTs' makes a huge difference for this teams' ability to run the ball as KG loves to hit the C gap between the OT and TE and a ton of our big runs back in 2008 went that way.

Mercury
09-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Beatty just needs to work on his pass catching skills.

embeshAtYa
09-25-2012, 02:29 PM
stupid. eli must have wanted to be funny n get the guy a td. If he didnt see Bradshaw for the no chance td than thats just terrible

moosedrool
09-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Beatty and Locklear are a huge upgrade over last year's Diehl and McKenzie. But this week expect a struggle against Cole and Babin.

baywest
09-26-2012, 12:34 AM
I watched Cole against Green Bay game last year, and Cole destroyed the Green Bay left tackle. When he played against Beatty, Beatty pan cakes him over and over. Except for one play and he got a sack.

Hessian
09-26-2012, 01:04 AM
funny how the world turns. First week the sky is falling, 2nd we lived by the skin of our teeth, 3rd we own the universe due to guys that couldn't beat out the regulars from the coaches perspectives. Now we all know who should play, and god help us all because Diehl might be healthy and might throw a wrench into this scenario. I guess if the coaches are wrong we could always call for their heads mid-season.

Toadofsteel
09-26-2012, 01:20 AM
We need to keep calling to fire TC... each time the crowd swells with that chant we win a super bowl...

Hessian
09-26-2012, 01:23 AM
We need to keep calling to fire TC... each time the crowd swells with that chant we win a super bowl...
agreed

Rusty192
09-26-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm all for it! got my pitchfork ready! :P

slickj966
09-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Went to college with Beatty....had a class with him. Seemed like a pretty good guy.

shocknaweny
09-26-2012, 03:28 PM
He has been doing amazing !!!