PDA

View Full Version : Jernigan

alentown pa
09-24-2012, 11:04 PM
Just wanted to see what people's take on him is...I saw Randle caught a pass and got some PT...Anyone know what the deal with Jernigan is ?...I was hoping he would become the 3rd reciever this year...never thought it would be Barden, I know he has only had one game and did most of it with loose coverage but it was fun to see...anyway...Is jernigan slow in learning the offense?

NYG4lifeNYK
09-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Not a fan myself. Never have been but I hope he makes me one obviously.

ELI_HOF_NYG
09-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Who?

giantsfan420
09-24-2012, 11:14 PM
id like if we experimented with JJ the way GB does with Cobb. Use JJ like he was ued in college. give him snaps outta the backfield, lined up at slot...hand it off to him, throw him hb screens...

the thing is our offense is already so potent we dnt have to try and find new ways to move the ball. GB has no run game so theyre tryng to use cobb in a run game type role i guess...like a receiver outta the backfield...

miked1958
09-24-2012, 11:34 PM
The thing with JJ is if he didn't play last week with two WRs out his chances with them at full strenth are less then zero

Rusty192
09-24-2012, 11:37 PM
id like if we experimented with JJ the way GB does with Cobb. Use JJ like he was ued in college. give him snaps outta the backfield, lined up at slot...hand it off to him, throw him hb screens...
yeah but we have Gilbride so.......

JJC7301
09-25-2012, 12:09 AM
The 2009 draft class is finally turning the corner and yet we're giving up on JJ already? I'm not.

G.I. Ants
09-25-2012, 12:59 AM
He did play Sunday but no passes were thrown his way.

GMan-67
09-25-2012, 01:12 AM
uh oh, Barden is out of the crosshairs and now it;s JJ ... i think some fans would rather yell BUST than TD !

Toadofsteel
09-25-2012, 01:31 AM
If the team gave Barden 4 years to actually start producing, they're not going to give up on Jernigan after 19 regular season weeks...

Captain Chaos
09-25-2012, 06:04 AM
Think JJ has some talent but it just hasn't developed. Would like to see him put his speed and quickness to use!

giantsfam04
09-25-2012, 07:59 AM
I watch a lot of Troy games being in the south and the guy can play. When I watched him I said it would be nice to see him in blue, give it time he will produce.

brad
09-25-2012, 08:06 AM
The Giants rarely draft immediate need, they draft players that will play 2 even 3 years later sometimes. JJ will get his opportunity at some point. Hopefully he turns out as well as some of the others that have waited in line for their turn.

PRGiant
09-25-2012, 08:43 AM
I think if Cruz got hurt instead of Nicks, you would've seen JJ on the slot but Cruz is too good to move from the slot when we run 3 wr sets

RoanokeFan
09-25-2012, 10:02 AM
yeah but we have Gilbride so....... What does that mean?

RoanokeFan
09-25-2012, 10:04 AM
uh oh, Barden is out of the crosshairs and now it;s JJ ... i think some fans would rather yell BUST than TD ! But look at all the NFL coaching experience they have.

GMENAGAIN
09-25-2012, 10:14 AM
The thing with JJ is if he didn't play last week with two WRs out his chances with them at full strenth are less then zero

Totally agree. The fact that he got no time last week indicates (at least to me) that the coaching staff does not have much confidence in him. It could also mean that they just decided to stick with the hot hand (Barden) . .. . . . who knows . . ..

RoanokeFan
09-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Totally agree. The fact that he got no time last week indicates (at least to me) that the coaching staff does not have much confidence in him. It could also mean that they just decided to stick with the hot hand (Barden) . .. . . . who knows . . .. He needs more time to develop

GMENAGAIN
09-25-2012, 10:19 AM
He needs more time to develop

No reason not to be patient with him . . . . we have plenty of guys who can do the job now, so no need to rush him . . . .

GameTime
09-25-2012, 10:23 AM
they either need to find a way to use him if he is ready or wait till he is.
I also am not a big fan of short WR. If they cant get good separation then even 1 on 1 match ups wont work out.

TheAnalyst
09-25-2012, 10:27 AM
The thing with JJ is if he didn't play last week with two WRs out his chances with them at full strenth are less then zeroRamses Barden was once in that position. Sometimes it takes time to develop these guys. With that said, I think he is a Sinorice part 2. We don't do well with small fries.

ryan12
09-25-2012, 10:28 AM
they either need to find a way to use him if he is ready or wait till he is.
I also am not a big fan of short WR. If they cant get good separation then even 1 on 1 match ups wont work out.

he hasnt shown anything... game time its tuesday time to put filthadelphia as your avatar my friend lol

GameTime
09-25-2012, 10:34 AM
he hasnt shown anything... game time its tuesday time to put filthadelphia as your avatar my friend lol
soon as I get the lap top spooled up. at the work terminal right now....

JJ hasnt shown much either he isnt ready or they dont have a use for him yet.....or both....

RoanokeFan
09-25-2012, 10:37 AM
No reason not to be patient with him . . . . we have plenty of guys who can do the job now, so no need to rush him . . . . +1

yoeddy
09-25-2012, 10:53 AM
I have never been a fan of 5'8" receivers. Would be great if he could contribute as a KR/PR....

RagTime Blue
09-25-2012, 11:22 AM
People forget that Manningham did practically nothing for two years.

Rusty192
09-25-2012, 03:35 PM
What does that mean?It means I was being sarcastic.

gmen46
09-25-2012, 04:35 PM

Actually, he had his second best season to date--in TDs, yards, receptions--during his second year.

moosedrool
09-25-2012, 05:54 PM
He's a backup slot receiver at best.

juice33s
09-25-2012, 06:09 PM
How is 57 catches, 822 yards and 5 TD's in year two practically nothing?...Who could forget his 10 catch 150 yard performance in week 2 against the Cowboys that season.....I honestly thought he was going to be a star after that game

As for JJ it's never a good omen when a player regresses in his role rather then progressing. The guys at the absolute bottom of the WR depth chart after also loosing his job on special teams....Even with hixon out with a concussion, it was Randle who took over the PR duties

moosedrool
09-25-2012, 06:16 PM
When the Giants drafted Jernigan my first thought was why are they drafting a 5'8" WR? How often do short receivers justify a 3rd round pick? I know we need a kick returner, but a third round pick? Reese has made many good moves. This was not one of them. Should have used it on OL.

fansince69
09-25-2012, 06:40 PM
When the Giants drafted Jernigan my first thought was why are they drafting a 5'8" WR? How often do short receivers justify a 3rd round pick? I know we need a kick returner, but a third round pick? Reese has made many good moves. This was not one of them. Should have used it on OL.

Reese has not been wrong often....and there is no real evidence he is wrong here....why don't we give it some time and see if the natural gifts shine through( I am confident they will)

RoanokeFan
09-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Reese has not been wrong often....and there is no real evidence he is wrong here....why don't we give it some time and see if the natural gifts shine through( I am confident they will)

Patience is a virtue and Reese has it in spades

CruzSoldier
09-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Yes good point another indictment would be the giants drafting Rueben Randle in the second round ...........I don't think he will be in the giants plans long term

nycsportzfan
09-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Just wanted to see what people's take on him is...I saw Randle caught a pass and got some PT...Anyone know what the deal with Jernigan is ?...I was hoping he would become the 3rd reciever this year...never thought it would be Barden, I know he has only had one game and did most of it with loose coverage but it was fun to see...anyway...Is jernigan slow in learning the offense? Hes got talent but i'm telling you when these guys leave such a sour taste in Coughlins mouth to start there careers, its tough for them to get playing time going forward, especially when its a talented positon within the team.. Same happened with David Wilson, and it woulden't be surprising if it takes quite awhile before we see him overcome his ugly play early on and actually get legit chances to show what he can do...

RoanokeFan
09-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Hes got talent but i'm telling you when these guys leave such a sour taste in Coughlins mouth to start there careers, its tough for them to get playing time going forward, especially when its a talented positon within the team.. Same happened with David Wilson, and it woulden't be surprising if it takes quite awhile before we see him overcome his ugly play early on and actually get legit chances to show what he can do...

Wilson is returning kick offs. Brown is running/blocking better than Wilson at the moment. Wilson will develop at his own pace. The fact that Wilson is trusted to field kicks offs would indicate Coughlin's taste buds are fine.

Here are the snap counts in the Panthers' game for wide receivers and running backs, not including special teams plays

Cruz 63 snaps (88%)
Brown 54 snaps (78%)
Randle 27 snaps (39%)
Wilson and Jernigan 4 snaps (6%)

Virtually every one not inactive got on the field.

yoeddy
09-25-2012, 10:23 PM

I completely agree...thought they would have learned their lesson with Sinorice...