PDA

View Full Version : Should Brown be the starter?

09-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Guys, I don't know if this has been discussed so forgive me if it has. Andre Brown is a better RB than Bradshaw. He hits the hole very quickly and does a great job reading his blocks. He's vastly better than Bradshaw on the goal line. I love Bradshaw but he dances a lot in the backfield which slows his progress getting up the field. Brown has great hands as well, plus it's my opinion that he's a better pass blocker than Bradshaw.

Ultimately, I think Coughlin will give the best RB more carries and after a game and a half, Andre Brown makes the offense much more dynamic. What do you guys think?

miked1958
09-21-2012, 11:23 PM
It will go back to like it was when we had Jacobs. Platoon system. With the two ABs splitting most of the snaps and Wilson and Scott mopping up

Roswell777
09-21-2012, 11:24 PM
They should ride the hot hand....

VegasGmen
09-21-2012, 11:24 PM
He is a better pass blocker? please watch the tape. laughable

appodictic
09-21-2012, 11:25 PM
And our QB should be tebow.

jaygoon
09-21-2012, 11:27 PM
I agree with Roswell, we want to anoint the next Victor Cruz to anybody that has a great game. I love the Andre Brown story, I really do. I live near NC State where he went to school, I met his wife very recently and she was super excited about AB getting his first start, but I think we need to take baby steps here.

Ride the hot hand is exactly that. 44 should be the starter when healthy, split carries with Brown. If he consistently puts up solid numbers, than you never know, maybe he earns the starting role.

BigBlue1971
09-21-2012, 11:28 PM
i dont necessarily think Brown should be the starter when AB is healthy! im just saying AB deserves to be the starter based on his history with the team!

Brown will have opportunities to run the ball maybe even more than AB but Brown should not be the starter at this point!

i personally think its the perfect situation for the offense. throw Wilson in and we're golden!

09-22-2012, 03:16 AM
Brown's average is 5.6 yards per carry. Bradshaw...4.3. That's a significant difference. My point is their a better team with Brown in there. The O-line seems to step up with Brown. Bradshaw dances a lot...no good! Brown hits the hole very quickly!

ELI_Iz_God
09-22-2012, 03:21 AM
i dont necessarily think Brown should be the starter when AB is healthy! im just saying AB deserves to be the starter based on his history with the team!

Brown will have opportunities to run the ball maybe even more than AB but Brown should not be the starter at this point!

i personally think its the perfect situation for the offense. throw Wilson in and we're golden!

I wouldn't count on seeing much of Wilson for a while. It's plain as day that AB and Brown are solidified as the #1 #2 backs. Wilson will continue to be "Kickoff return boy" With the running game the way it is now, Wilson is on the backburner and the last thing on the coaches minds right now.

Giantz4Life
09-22-2012, 04:01 AM
Guys, I don't know if this has been discussed so forgive me if it has. Andre Brown is a better RB than Bradshaw. He hits the hole very quickly and does a great job reading his blocks. He's vastly better than Bradshaw on the goal line. I love Bradshaw but he dances a lot in the backfield which slows his progress getting up the field. Brown has great hands as well, plus it's my opinion that he's a better pass blocker than Bradshaw.

Ultimately, I think Coughlin will give the best RB more carries and after a game and a half, Andre Brown makes the offense much more dynamic. What do you guys think?

I think Andre Brown is giving our team a nice option at RB, and I agree he seems to be playing better than Bradshaw, but ironically the O-Line has magically become a whole different unit and Bradshaw did not really get to experience it. I would have liked to see what Bradshaw could have done with some of the blocking last night. The one thing I will disagree with you about Brown is that he is a better pass blocker. It is well known that Bradshaw is one of if not the best pass blocking RB in the NFL. That is a big reason why Coughlin values Bradshaw so highly, because he trusts him to protect #10. Brown actually had a few missed blocks last night if I am not mistaken. I can only recall one off the top of my head, but there may have been more.

Captain Chaos
09-22-2012, 07:44 AM
I think Brown is doing what they thought he would do when they picked them. However, Ahmad is our starter and Andre will get his reps, he has a much different style than Ahmad and will be a great change of pace (kind of like Jacobs).

BurnerNYG
09-22-2012, 07:58 AM
Like I said in the other thread... I'm willing to bet that Coughlin is gonna do what's right for team. I think playing favorite would be foolish. When was the last time Bradshaw rushed for 100 yards? I'm gonna wait to see what TC does.

Cloud57
09-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Did you see that jump into the end zone by Brown? I don't remember seeing Bradshaw doing that at least not recently, he would have try to run it and maybe lost a yard.

SweetZombieJesus
09-22-2012, 09:41 AM
They should ride the hot hand....

As they did when the tandem was Jacobs/Bradshaw. Frankly in today's NFL you need two good backs and we should be grateful we have them. And honestly I think Bradshaw is near the end so Wilson better be ready to step in, he isn't now.

BurnerNYG
09-22-2012, 09:53 AM
As they did when the tandem was Jacobs/Bradshaw. Frankly in today's NFL you need two good backs and we should be grateful we have them. And honestly I think Bradshaw is near the end so Wilson better be ready to step in, he isn't now.We know somebody's gonna have to spell the other but the question is... who's gonna start?

09-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Did you see that jump into the end zone by Brown? I don't remember seeing Bradshaw doing that at least not recently, he would have try to run it and maybe lost a yard.

Thanks a great point! At the goal line, Brown is more effective than Bradshaw. I love Bradshaw...he's a nice back and maybe he'll learn from Brown...hit the hole....don't tap dance!

fansince69
09-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks a great point! At the goal line, Brown is more effective than Bradshaw. I love Bradshaw...he's a nice back and maybe he'll learn from Brown...hit the hole....don't tap dance!

Let me get this straight...Brown leaps ONE time into the end zone ....and based on that one play you have determined that he is more effective than Bradshaw at the goal line?Maybe he is ...maybe he will be.....but at this point that is a huge assumption and you know what they say about people that assume....

BTW I saw a guy hit a home run in his first major league at bat....I guess he is better at hitting home runs than Babe Ruth now

moosedrool
09-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Let me get this straight...Brown leaps ONE time into the end zone ....and based on that one play you have determined that he is more effective than Bradshaw at the goal line?Maybe he is ...maybe he will be.....but at this point that is a huge assumption and you know what they say about people that assume....

BTW I saw a guy hit a home run in his first major league at bat....I guess he is better at hitting home runs than Babe Ruth now

It's not just that one play. Every carry Brown runs with power, most of the time falling forward, and getting 3-4 yards on plays Bradshaw would only get 1-2 yards. It's pretty obvious to me.

fansince69
09-22-2012, 01:36 PM
It's not just that one play. Every carry Brown runs with power, most of the time falling forward, and getting 3-4 yards on plays Bradshaw would only get 1-2 yards. It's pretty obvious to me.

sorry I just can't bring myself to proclaim this obvious to me just yet....he's had 1 and a half games against 2 sub par defenses and a juggled line...personally I think the difference is in the line....maybe he's a hall of fame back....but I prefer to give him a few more games before I proclaim it obvious

egyptian420
09-22-2012, 01:38 PM
I love both of them and Bradshaw, when he's back healthy, should get no less than 40% of the carries but I think Brown has earned atleast 50% of the carries. It's not about what he did in 1 or 2 games, it's the way he does it. His running style is obviously different from Bradshaw's, and it's very efffective.

I think if we combine both of their running styles we can be super effective in the running game. I just feel bad for Wilson because he's the forgotten one in all this but it should serve as motivation for him.

ny06
09-22-2012, 01:45 PM
I love both of them and Bradshaw, when he's back healthy, should get no less than 40% of the carries but I think Brown has earned atleast 50% of the carries. It's not about what he did in 1 or 2 games, it's the way he does it. His running style is obviously different from Bradshaw's, and it's very efffective.

I think if we combine both of their running styles we can be super effective in the running game. I just feel bad for Wilson because he's the forgotten one in all this but it should serve as motivation for him.
The Giants can do what they did in 08. When Jacobs and Ward got the brunt of the carries, and Bradshaw got a few a game. That may be the best option this year. Bradshaw and Brown get a good amount of carries, and Wilson get's a few. I think this will benifit Wilson, some carries here and there will only help him with in-game experience.

JJC7301
09-23-2012, 12:52 AM
AB is my favorite Giant, but I 100% agree with you. When AB comes back and he still can't perform like the team needs, but Brown is still producing, then the # 1 job is Brown's fair and square and that's how Coughlin will play it.

I still think that AB brings value and will have some good games, but we need consistency.

And if Wilson can progress this year...this is a DAMN deep stable of RB's.

BurnerNYG
09-23-2012, 01:42 PM
AB is my favorite Giant, but I 100% agree with you. When AB comes back and he still can't perform like the team needs, but Brown is still producing, then the # 1 job is Brown's fair and square and that's how Coughlin will play it.

I still think that AB brings value and will have some good games, but we need consistency.

And if Wilson can progress this year...this is a DAMN deep stable of RB's.That's all I'm saying. Yeah Bradshaw is gonna get his starter job back but if Brown is still outplaying him, then playing favorite won't make any sense. Some guys don't need to go 50/50 with the carries... more like 70/30. Mess around and destroy drives with somebody getting stuffed in the backfield when you could've had your man out there with the better vision and patience rushing for a 20 yard gain.

DemandedAce
09-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Bradshaw is pretty much the best passblocking RB in the NFL

joemorrisforprez
09-23-2012, 05:09 PM

Based on the last 2 games, I agree.

But then again.....we are only talking about 2 games. That's not a long enough time frame for me to make a valid comparison.

However.....

Bradshaw is rarely healthy....even when he's playing, he's never 100%. He rarely is able to put in a full week of practice, and I think this is part of the reason why it seems he's rarely in sync with the offensive line.

Again....just 2 games, but Brown has absolutely made the most of his opportunity.

I totally trust Coughlin to make the right call on this. But, Bradshaw has been ineffective for a while now, so if he returns, and continues to struggle, I wouldn't be surprised or upset if Brown takes over as our #1 back.

joemorrisforprez
09-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Bradshaw is pretty much the best passblocking RB in the NFL

I think Brown has done a very good job in passblocking as well.

RoanokeFan
09-23-2012, 05:23 PM
I think Brown did a great job and deserves more snaps. I want to see Bradshaw behind the new OLine and see if his production improves. Either way, they will both get snaps.

FlyingTruck
09-23-2012, 05:47 PM
I like the fact that Bradshaw can make something out of nothing, but I'll take a north-south runner any day. When you can run it twice in a row and get first downs, that's huge. The offensive line has been playing better though, so we should see what Bradshaw can do behind them first. Give him the next start and see what's up first.

joemorrisforprez
09-23-2012, 06:49 PM
I think Brown did a great job and deserves more snaps. I want to see Bradshaw behind the new OLine and see if his production improves. Either way, they will both get snaps.

I'd like to see Bradshaw put in a full week of practice before he gets to start again.....that should be the bare minimum in my opinion.

09-23-2012, 07:10 PM

So, you're going to go on the record and say Bradshaw is a better goal line back than Brown? BTW, he had 2 TDs at the goal line if I'm not mistaken. Plus, your baseball reference is really weak man. You sound like my wife!

RoanokeFan
09-23-2012, 07:15 PM
I'd like to see Bradshaw put in a full week of practice before he gets to start again.....that should be the bare minimum in my opinion.

That was a general statement, not a next game statement

ashleymarie
09-23-2012, 07:26 PM
I think Brown has done a very good job in passblocking as well.

Didn't Brown allow the Eli sack? just asking, not arguing.

RoanokeFan
09-23-2012, 07:37 PM

He did. He knew the assignment but wasn't able to maintain the block. He's getting there

ashleymarie
09-23-2012, 07:47 PM
He did. He knew the assignment but wasn't able to maintain the block. He's getting there

He is showing traits of a winner.

RoanokeFan
09-23-2012, 07:49 PM
He is showing traits of a winner.

Very much so, and at a great time for us

Cool Papa B.
09-23-2012, 08:24 PM
This offense is A good down-hill, north-to-south RB away from being lethal. And Brown provides that. Bradshaw might start, but I think Brown will get the majority of the carries/game. we haven't had a RB bust through holes and drag DLs and LBs in years. That's a skill that has to be utilized.

I can see Coughlin putting both RBs in the backfield in certain plays even.

Cool Papa B.
09-23-2012, 08:25 PM

Yes, that's true. But it's not like Bradshaw has never missed a block before.

rebelfan1966
09-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Im still a Bradshaw fan..... He has played some very gutsy ball for us over the past few years. Im not ready to make any changes just yet.

PRGiant
09-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Maybe it's Brown, maybe it was Diehl, maybe a bit of both. But you have to give Bradshaw a shot with the new line because Brown is not better in pass-protection that Bradshaw...

joemorrisforprez
09-23-2012, 09:20 PM

He made the initial block, but couldn't hold it (as Roanoke mentioned). It's not like his guy had a free lane to the QB. I've seen the same happen with Bradshaw.

joemorrisforprez
09-23-2012, 09:23 PM
That was a general statement, not a next game statement

I think if you have a guy (Andre Brown) that is getting it done, versus a guy who is constantly less than 100% healthy and missing practices (Bradshaw), I don't see a need to rush Bradshaw back into the starting role.

If Bradshaw is healed up, and ready to go, I'd rather keep Brown as a starter until Bradshaw is capable of practicing with the 1st unit for a week.

BurnerNYG
09-23-2012, 09:33 PM
He made the initial block, but couldn't hold it (as Roanoke mentioned). It's not like his guy had a free lane to the QB. I've seen the same happen with Bradshaw.I know it was a while back but I can recall Eli pushing Bradshaw down in New Orleans. It happens and the way you improve is by practicing and playing.

RoanokeFan
09-23-2012, 09:34 PM
I think if you have a guy (Andre Brown) that is getting it done, versus a guy who is constantly less than 100% healthy and missing practices (Bradshaw), I don't see a need to rush Bradshaw back into the starting role.

If Bradshaw is healed up, and ready to go, I'd rather keep Brown as a starter until Bradshaw is capable of practicing with the 1st unit for a week.

I don't see one or the other as "the starter." But I do prefer Bradshaw be medically cleared before he plays. If he practices this week, he'll play.

nycsportzfan
09-24-2012, 03:12 AM

Ultimately, I think Coughlin will give the best RB more carries and after a game and a half, Andre Brown makes the offense much more dynamic. What do you guys think? The reason i like brown to start, is its are best bet of keeping Bradshaw healthy.. Mix bradshaw in , instead of making him a 15-23 carry a game guy,.. I'd say give em 8-12 carry a game while giving Brown the 17-20 carries a game..

RichardMc
09-24-2012, 10:37 AM
I just finished watching the Coaches Film of the Panthers game. It seems the OL played better giving Eli much more time to throw. But I think Brown helped the OL look better in the run game. He seemed to hit the POA of attack quicker than Bradshaw has and seems more decisive. He also seems to be finding creases that I am not sure that Bradshaw would be finding. This play went for 19 yards at 1:09 of the first quarter with the Giants facing 2-9 from their own 29. This is the POA when Brown has his shoulders square to LOS.
http://boards.giants.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=182&d=1348492554
What Brown does is wait for Boothe to make the block on the DE and then run in behind him, finding the crease and running for a nice gain.

http://boards.giants.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=183&d=1348492554

I saw Brown doing things like this throughout the game ending up making 3 yard gains where nothing existed. In my opinion it will be hard not to continue to feature Brown, until he shows other wise, once Bradshaw returns.

RagTime Blue
09-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Fortunately, the coaches have an "out", in that they can say they just want Bradshaw to rest and heal more. That is, if the coaches see what you do.

miked1958
09-24-2012, 10:46 AM
actually AB1 had a nice long run up middle prior to his injury in TB game. plus we have not seen him behind this new Oline configuration. We will see once and for all when they both play how they do side by side if AB1 is ready to go for eagles game.

GameTime
09-24-2012, 10:50 AM
I am still confident AB1 can get it done IF he is healthy. But if he cant AB2 is right there ready to go. They will be sharing carries and DW will be on the back burner in the run game.

miked1958
09-24-2012, 10:54 AM
I am still confident AB1 can get it done IF he is healthy. But if he cant AB2 is right there ready to go. They will be sharing carries and DW will be on the back burner in the run game.they can still use DW in certain situations. I think he can break one if he gets the right situation like a short pass out of backfield with blockers in front. if he gets in space id like to see what he can do

GameTime
09-24-2012, 10:55 AM
they can still use DW in certain situations. I think he can break one if he gets the right situation like a short pass out of backfield with blockers in front. if he gets in space id like to see what he can do
oh no doubt. What I meant by "back burner" is he will be used situationally just like you said. Also it was good to see Scott in there last week and have some reps too.....

RagTime Blue
09-24-2012, 11:07 AM
DW doesn't do a good job disguising plays. Fortunately, that can be taught. NFL defenses are too smart.

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Brown was definitely a breath of fresh air. but I still want to see Bradshaw behind a revitalized line . All 3 are going to get carries

OX1
09-24-2012, 11:36 AM
I am still confident AB1 can get it done IF he is healthy. But if he cant AB2 is right there ready to go. They will be sharing carries and DW will be on the back burner in the run game.

If AB2 starts when AB1 is healthy, does AB2 become AB1?
If AB2, who was AB1, starts the week after that, does AB1 revert back to AB2?
If I theororize about this for an additional 3 games, would you still know who is who?

JimC
09-24-2012, 11:42 AM
I just finished watching the Coaches Film of the Panthers game. It seems the OL played better giving Eli much more time to throw. But I think Brown helped the OL look better in the run game. He seemed to hit the POA of attack quicker than Bradshaw has and seems more decisive. He also seems to be finding creases that I am not sure that Bradshaw would be finding. This play went for 19 yards at 1:09 of the first quarter with the Giants facing 2-9 from their own 29. This is the POA when Brown has his shoulders square to LOS.
What Brown does is wait for Boothe to make the block on the DE and then run in behind him, finding the crease and running for a nice gain.

I saw Brown doing things like this throughout the game ending up making 3 yard gains where nothing existed. In my opinion it will be hard not to continue to feature Brown, until he shows other wise, once Bradshaw returns.

I think it was more because we were playing a not so good defense. It will be different against the Iggles.

Morehead State
09-24-2012, 11:43 AM

Thats what they said about Lewis Tillman.
Maybe we should just wait and see.

fansince69
09-24-2012, 11:44 AM
If AB2 starts when AB1 is healthy, does AB2 become AB1?
If AB2, who was AB1, starts the week after that, does AB1 revert back to AB2?
If I theororize about this for an additional 3 games, would you still know who is who?

This sounds more like algebra than football

moosedrool
09-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Many people want to see Bradshaw run behind the Diehl-less OL. I think what you'll see is Bradshaw getting 1-2 yards when there is not much there and Brown getting 3-4 yards when there is not much there. Brown simply has more power and does not go down as easily.

Morehead State
09-24-2012, 12:12 PM
This sounds more like algebra than football
What times do the trains leave the stations again?

Toadofsteel
09-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Brown is the new Jacobs. And he runs more like the 2008 Jacobs than the 2011 Jacobs. With Bradshaw back, both of these guys will split carries much like Bradshaw split carries with Jacobs over much of their careers. Eventually, Wilson will supplant Bradshaw, who will retire.

BParcells777
09-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Jacobs was a straight ahead bruiser (I'd like a dollar for everytime he ran into his own lineman).......there is no comparison........this kid has the patience to wait and find the hole

Diamondring
09-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Jacobs was a straight ahead bruiser (I'd like a dollar for everytime he ran into his own lineman).......there is no comparison........this kid has the patience to wait and find the holeBJ is patient to find the whole as well but he is tall for a back while DW is shorter. When defendes go low, he can do the same so the bounce off of him.

PFMock2
09-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Maybe not better, but different. A different style and more punishing finisher.

Morehead State
09-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Maybe not better, but different. A different style and more punishing finisher.
Both Jacobs (when he was here) and Bradshaw run very hard and don't go down easily. We seem to be forgetting just how tough a runner Bradshaw is. He runs as hard as anyone in the league, and does it with attitude.

RoanokeFan
09-24-2012, 03:25 PM
Both Jacobs (when he was here) and Bradshaw run very hard and don't go down easily. We seem to be forgetting just how tough a runner Bradshaw is. He runs as hard as anyone in the league, and does it with attitude.

His lingering injury isn't good short term news. But he needs to be healthy for the marathon

Toadofsteel
09-24-2012, 03:34 PM

Bradshaw always required more east/west room. Brown hits the hole when it's there and demonstrates great intelligence and efficiency, as well as being able to transfer that into immense power at the right moment, gaining yards when the run should have been stuffed for a loss...

nycisgreat
09-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Bradshaw will do well when he comes back. If he is running behind this line, I am pretty sure that healthy Bradshaw can make things happen.

joemorrisforprez
09-24-2012, 04:08 PM

If my memory serves, the last few Eagles v. Giants games featured an Eagles defense that shut down the Giants running game.

I think alot of it has to do with Gilbride....like clockwork, his most predictable gameplans are reserved for the Philadelphia Eagles.

But alot of it is also due to to Bradshaws running style..... Philly has undersized, fast defenders.....the way to attack that defense is to hit them straight on and blow through their arm tackles. The Giants FINALLY have a running back that will jump in his lane, follow his blockers, and run hard with a downhill slant.

Contrast that with Gilbride and Bradshaw consistently play to the Eagles strengths.....stringing plays along the line of scrimmage so the Eagles defenders can pursue and tackle them from behind.

If the Giants stick with Andre Brown and a straight ahead attack, they'll have a much better chance of winning.....if they insist on running a 70% healthy Bradshaw to the outside, it's going to be a looooooooong night.

joemorrisforprez
09-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Very good article from Vacchiano regarding the Bradshaw/Brown situation....

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/09/browns-game-should-bag-him-a-bigger-role

"......So what happens if a starter gets hurt and his replacement just proves to be better? And is it possible that’s what’s happening right now with the injured Ahmad Bradshaw and his replacement, Andre Brown?

Now, I’m not advocating a switch just yet – please keep that in mind before you send in your nasty emails or go bash me in the comments. I wouldn’t do that after Brown has had a game and a half against two very questionable defenses. But I must admit I’m blown away by how much better the Giants’ rushing attack looks with him doing the running. It’s not just the numbers, either – though the numbers are pretty good with Brown gaining 5.6 yards per carry (33-184).

It’s the power, the efficiency and even the Giants’ long-dormant short-yardage game. Brown hits holes hard, keeps his legs moving and doesn’t go down without a fight – all the things Bradshaw used to do before he suddenly became a very old-looking 26-year-old. Brown is not dancing behind the line of scrimmage. He’s moving straight ahead. And when there’s nothing in front of him, he creates like he did when he bounced of Panthers linebacker Jon Beason on his second carry in the Giants’ 36-7 win Carolina on Thursday night and turned nothing into a 31-yard run.

As Coughlin said, “He seemed to come through some piles,” Coughlin added. “There looked like maybe there was no chance he’d come through and he did.”.....'

sharick88
09-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Andre Brown is the hot hand. You have to keep workikng with that until he proves that he can't do it. Of course he should split carries with Bradshaw when he returns, with Brown getting the majority of them. If Brown does the same thing to the eagles' defense, which is pretty solid, he should remain the #1 guy until further notice

CowboysSuck
09-24-2012, 04:46 PM
If its not broken DO NOT fix it.

Just my $.02

Aka Brown is my hero

joemorrisforprez
09-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Andre Brown is the hot hand. You have to keep workikng with that until he proves that he can't do it. Of course he should split carries with Bradshaw when he returns, with Brown getting the majority of them. If Brown does the same thing to the eagles' defense, which is pretty solid, he should remain the #1 guy until further notice

Whatever they do, they need to stick Gilbride's past Eagles gameplans in the toilet.....let's hope they attack the weakness of their defense......Philly's LBs need to cover 2 gaps.... send Hynoski and Brown through those gaps, not away from them.

yoeddy
09-24-2012, 05:29 PM
I have Bradshaw on my fantasy team...he's the only Giant I have (though I'm trying to get Bennett off the FA list)...would hate it if he got demoted...

GentleGiant
09-24-2012, 11:10 PM
He looked good. They should use him on Sunday again just to make sure Thur. wasn't a fluke. Especially since the eagles D is better than the panties.

Captain Chaos
09-25-2012, 06:16 AM
The eagle's LBs are better than the Panther's, that said if Bradshaw is back it doesn't matter who they start they just go with the hot hand. If Bradshaw is doing well keep him in...same for Brown!

ashleymarie
09-25-2012, 07:46 AM
Starting either player and maybe adjusting it later is fine with me.

Roswell777
09-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Very impressed with Brown's patience and strength but still concerned enough with his ability to pass protect against an agressive pass rushing team to give him the keys to the car. Bradshaw, if healthy, might be the better choice as a feature back in Philly on this Sunday night game.

Definitely would like to see Brown get his shots, but want them to be more in the mold of a change of pace guy for this game. As he shows a bigger willingness to attack his blocking assignments his role should grow.

Edit: Changed my mind. Just watched Snappinnecks highlight reel vs Carolina. Brown is a freaking beast. He's got to get more touches than a change of pace guy.

RichardMc
09-25-2012, 09:44 AM
This really is a nice problem to be faced with isn't it?

nycisgreat
09-25-2012, 10:20 AM
As much as I would like to say yes, Bradshaw has a proven track record. Until he proves otherwise, I will have to stick with starting Bradshaw.

GameTime
09-25-2012, 10:25 AM
it seems very simple....
Bradshaw will get the start if he is ready to go. Brown will get his opportunities. Which ever RB makes the most of his reps will get the majority of the carries for the rest of the game in the 2nd quarter and 2nd half....

nycisgreat
09-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Very impressed with Brown's patience and strength but still concerned enough with his ability to pass protect against an agressive pass rushing team to give him the keys to the car. Bradshaw, if healthy, might be the better choice as a feature back in Philly on this Sunday night game.

Definitely would like to see Brown get his shots, but want them to be more in the mold of a change of pace guy for this game. As he shows a bigger willingness to attack his blocking assignments his role should grow.

Edit: Changed my mind. Just watched Snappinnecks highlight reel vs Carolina. Brown is a freaking beast. He's got to get more touches than a change of pace guy.

I am very surprised that you would say that. When Bradshaw started to get acclaimed to the offense, he was fumble prone and never picked up blocks because he was always concern getting screen passes thrown to him. I remember seeing Coughlin and RB coach leaning into him when we would routinely miss key blocks. But these are things the he did back in 07 and 08.

I thought AB2 did a really good job picking up blocks the pass couple of games. The kid is big and physical, and I thought he did just as good as Jacobs picking up blocks.

Roswell777
09-25-2012, 10:45 AM
I am very surprised that you would say that. When Bradshaw started to get acclaimed to the offense, he was fumble prone and never picked up blocks because he was always concern getting screen passes thrown to him. I remember seeing Coughlin and RB coach leaning into him when we would routinely miss key blocks. But these are things the he did back in 07 and 08.

I thought AB2 did a really good job picking up blocks the pass couple of games. The kid is big and physical, and I thought he did just as good as Jacobs picking up blocks.

Philly's rush concerns me. Eli's our meal ticket. I like the way Bradshaw attacks his blocks, haven't seen that yet from Brown. That being said, I want Brown to figure into the gameplan. I love how hard he runs.

RoanokeFan
09-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Philly's rush concerns me. Eli's our meal ticket. I like the way Bradshaw attacks his blocks, haven't seen that yet from Brown. That being said, I want Brown to figure into the gameplan. I love how hard he runs. I think brown only had trouble with 1 block he just couldn't maintain it long enough

JJC7301
09-25-2012, 11:41 AM
I could be wrong, but as far as I recall, we haven't had many good running attacks against the Eagles over the past few years. I'd give Brown the shot as the # 1 and see what he can do. I'd rather have the legit threat of a running game out there against the Eagles, and take the chance that Brown will block when needed.

AB is my favorite player, but I want the most effective player our there. If that's Brown, then so be it. This is an important game -- divisional rival, rival for a playoff spot, and we're already 0-1 in the division.

RoanokeFan
09-25-2012, 12:00 PM
The Daily News is reporting Brown will start behind Bradshaw. can't post a link as I'm on my Android

GameTime
09-25-2012, 12:04 PM
The Daily News is reporting Brown will start behind Bradshaw. can't post a link as I'm on my Android
they have ointment for that now......:rolleyes:

RoanokeFan
09-25-2012, 12:05 PM
they have ointment for that now......:rolleyes: LOL left the lube home aa well

RoanokeFan
09-25-2012, 12:06 PM
GREAT AVATAR

GameTime
09-25-2012, 12:07 PM
GREAT AVATAR

thanks

GameTime