PDA

View Full Version : Funny how easy you guys think this season is going to be...

StraightCruzinn
09-25-2012, 12:11 PM
One good week and every other team is sub par to us. Apparently the Cowboys/Eagles/Redskins are now just outright awful. I've seen threads stating we should thrash the Eagles on Sunday, that our division is weak, and that after re-evaluating our schedule it will be a cake walk. Must I remind you that we have the toughest schedule in the NFL and it's only week 3? We have played poorly some weeks so why can't other teams? Do you really think we are going to wreck the Eagles? Are games in our division ever easy? I think you guys are under estimating our opponents and overestimating ourselves. I just wanted to remind you that the season is young. I wanted to remind you that it's going to be difficult. That way when we don't win every game for the rest of the season without a sweat I can say I warned you. We're going to get smacked in the mouth. We always do. It happens. Just be prepared.

EnragedYouth85
09-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Well now you've warned the populace..

ryan12
09-25-2012, 12:15 PM
you can tell you just joined these boards

StraightCruzinn
09-25-2012, 12:17 PM
you can tell you just joined these boards

Nope, my old username was AllTuckedUp but I lost it when the new board was made. I was having problems re registering it and I was like ehh f it. It's just a post count and join date. Means nothing.

GameTime
One good week and every other team is sub par to us. Apparently the Cowboys/Eagles/Redskins are now just outright awful. I've seen threads stating we should thrash the Eagles on Sunday, that our division is weak, and that after re-evaluating our schedule it will be a cake walk. Must I remind you that we have the toughest schedule in the NFL and it's only week 3? We have played poorly some weeks so why can't other teams? Do you really think we are going to wreck the Eagles? Are games in our division ever easy? I think you guys are under estimating our opponents and overestimating ourselves. I just wanted to remind you that the season is young. I wanted to remind you that it's going to be difficult. That way when we don't win every game for the rest of the season without a sweat I can say I warned you. We're going to get smacked in the mouth. We always do. It happens. Just be prepared.
you've just summed up what goes on with EVERY message board in regards to sports teams...
While you are correct to a dergree you are preaching to some of the people whom, if the Giants lose to the Eagles, will say the season is over.
Most fans here are objective and have common sense.
So you are ATU.....well then you know the deal here.....

TroyArcher
Thaks for stating the obvious. Glass half empty.

EnragedYouth85
09-25-2012, 12:19 PM
Every week the sky is either falling or we are about to land on mars..

..yes it is that drastic of a change lol

Flip Empty
09-25-2012, 12:23 PM
The whole "toughest schedule in the NFL" thing is based on last year's performances. As you can tell, this season is a lot different.

CDN_G-FAN
09-25-2012, 12:29 PM
that's how this place runs:

we're either 14 point favorites for the superbowl in September

or

Even with the two rings Coughlin has overstayed his welcome and needs to be fired

there's no 'we're ok but have our share of issues' kinda discussions.

there was a thread comparing Jim Brown to Andre Brown. That's how this place rolls.

repeatchamps
09-25-2012, 01:11 PM
The whole "toughest schedule in the NFL" thing is based on last year's performances. As you can tell, this season is a lot different.

Exactly. Outside the division the games in question is against the AFC North, NFC South and SF and GB. Atlanta, GB and SF will most definitely still be tough but I am starting to wonder about the AFC North. Cincinatti is very talented but despite beating the ever loving crap out of RG3 all game long this week they still just barely won their game against the Skins who have no Carriker or Orakpo. The Ravens, shaky at best. No Suggs, getting old virtually everywhere except maybe QB. Will be no cake walk but it is looking more winnable each week and by the time they play it may have little meaning. Steelers similar to the Ravens. They get healthy they will still be a handful but defensively they are a shadow of their former selves even healthy. Also, their O-line is going to get Ben killed one of these weeks. The Saints are taleneted (mainly on offense) even if they will be out of it by December 9th but that is a message game for the Giants as they want to get that Saints monkey off their back. I look forward to that game moreso than any other this year I think regardless of how awful the Saints may be by then. This schedule may not be as tough as once thought that's for sure.

Giantz4Life
09-25-2012, 01:19 PM
I know it's been said, but I'll say it again. This is how EVERY football board goes for any team. I read Carolina's board after they beat the Saints, and they thought they were going to destroy us with Cam Newton. They thought Cam was just going to pick apart our secondary and run all over us. Then post-game, the whole entire board was basically on suicide watch.

It is just how Internet message boards work, especially football team boards. People post and write **** they would never say in real life or post on their Facebook/Twitter, because they don't have to take any responsibility for it.

ryan12
09-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Nope, my old username was AllTuckedUp but I lost it when the new board was made. I was having problems re registering it and I was like ehh f it. It's just a post count and join date. Means nothing.

i wasnt talking about post count and join date i was pointing to the fact that when we win we are unstopable and lose the shy stats to fall

gmen0820
09-25-2012, 01:50 PM
You're the one called "StraightCruzinn" lol.

Ruttiger711
09-25-2012, 02:04 PM
I've yet to see a post about how easy the season will be. People may be counting on wins, but not easy ones.

The general consensus after the Carolina win was awe at the rarity of such an easy win. I mean its the Giants!

Captain Chaos
09-25-2012, 09:22 PM
I posted earlier that we have a huge challenge in the second half, don't think we get a rest Ravens, Altanta, 49ers, Packers, Bengals and Pittsburgh, it could get ugly quick!

Hessian
09-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Every week the sky is either falling or we are about to land on mars..

..yes it is that drastic of a change lol
LMAO! This.

yoeddy
09-25-2012, 10:43 PM
The season is going to be cake...I put new batteries in my TV remote...

NYGiants2120
09-25-2012, 10:45 PM
Have some faith in your team? would it hurt ya...

GentleGiant
09-25-2012, 10:47 PM
The giants schedule was considered "tough" based on how people THOUGHT teams were gonna be. The eagles just got blown out by the cards and the cards have a meh QB.

Redeyejedi
09-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Exactly. Outside the division the games in question is against the AFC North, NFC South and SF and GB. Atlanta, GB and SF will most definitely still be tough but I am starting to wonder about the AFC North. Cincinatti is very talented but despite beating the ever loving crap out of RG3 all game long this week they still just barely won their game against the Skins who have no Carriker or Orakpo. The Ravens, shaky at best. No Suggs, getting old virtually everywhere except maybe QB. Will be no cake walk but it is looking more winnable each week and by the time they play it may have little meaning. Steelers similar to the Ravens. They get healthy they will still be a handful but defensively they are a shadow of their former selves even healthy. Also, their O-line is going to get Ben killed one of these weeks. The Saints are taleneted (mainly on offense) even if they will be out of it by December 9th but that is a message game for the Giants as they want to get that Saints monkey off their back. I look forward to that game moreso than any other this year I think regardless of how awful the Saints may be by then. This schedule may not be as tough as once thought that's for sure.Its not just who u play but when U play them. The Saints are bad right now but by the time the Giants game comes they may of figured it out.NFL teams go up and down all season a lot of times its just how u catch a team.

Rudyy
09-25-2012, 10:50 PM
You're right. This Giants team can't beat anyone, I don't know why everyone on here acts like we are good? We totally didnt have a hard schedule last year either.

SuperNYGiants
09-26-2012, 01:01 AM
Your skeptical stance is simply not a very fun approach. I've been watching NFL games for a very long time, so stop telling people who have more faith and optimism in this team to be miserable. The Giants are defending champs, not an inferior team that has to play perfect football to win games, the schedule may be tough but how many teams are clearly better than Giants? I don't see many, so why should I expect the worst? Did you know that Giants were 10-1 in 2008 season? And I feel that 2012 team is better, no I'm not expecting to go 10-1 for the first 11 weeks, but they have done it in the past so why even short-change them already? Why do you dismiss a good game by the Giants vs. Carolina as if it was freak accident? Why would I just count bad games by Giants to base their potential in the upcoming weeks? Haven't the Giants been playing better and better? So what exactly is your tangible evidence to suggest that Giants will suddenly suck again? If you have so little faith in this team, the defending champs no less, what do you really get out of watching them play? Do you feel rewarded for predicting that they are going to suck? I simply do not understand such mentality. Wouldn't it be more rewarding to hope for the best and see it become reality? Giants will lose a few games I'm sure, but that's not a reason to start declaring apocalypse like you are doing. Get a grip man.

M00KIE
09-26-2012, 05:23 AM
Yeah I'd say the majority of posters here are bi-polar.

One win and every player on our roster is an NFL legend.

One loss and they're /wrists.

Marvelousmik
09-26-2012, 06:58 AM
you've just summed up what goes on with EVERY message board in regards to sports teams...
While you are correct to a dergree you are preaching to some of the people whom, if the Giants lose to the Eagles, will say the season is over.
"SOME" fans here are objective and have common sense.
So you are ATU.....well then you know the deal here.....

+1 Fixed that for ya buddy =)