PDA

View Full Version : Is Eli Manning The Best Quarterback in The NFL?

Pages : 1 [2]

burier
09-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Welker made a ton of plays last season on the outside. He's evolved past the typical slot receiver.

Right. My point is between the two who are you counting on to make a great play in the 4th quarter of the Superbowl with the game in the balance. Tom Brady or Wes Welker?

Also I'd like to mention that Tom Brady basically throwing Welker under the bus to press was bad form on his part.

GameTime
09-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Right. My point is between the two who are you counting on to make a great play in the 4th quarter of the Superbowl with the game in the balance. Tom Brady or Wes Welker?

Also I'd like to mention that Tom Brady basically throwing Welker under the bus to press was bad form on his part.
yeah...he's a ****** "too"....:rolleyes:.....

elismom
Well we will disagree on the pass, but we agree that he should have caught it. i think it is also safe to say that MM's catch was a much more difficult play to make, including keeping his feet in. Getting back to my original point. That they didn't make a play when they had a chance at the end of the game, and we did.
Those two plays were the difference between a Giants SB win and a Pats SB win.

And about 10 other players decided that game. Pretty much the common view of every players and coach infolved inthe game. But Moorehead with old hands thinks differently. Good Job being old and stubborn

Morehead State
change that to "could" Welker have made the play....
Absolutley not. An NFL WR SHOULD make that catch.

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 02:30 PM
And about 10 other players decided that game. Pretty much the common view of every players and coach infolved inthe game. But Moorehead with old hands thinks differently. Good Job being old and stubborn
Thanks.

burier
09-26-2012, 02:31 PM
I am not in love with Brady at all but why does a bad throw have to be a choke???

because of the situation. He completes the pass Giants lose. He missed it and Giants win.

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 02:33 PM

No arguments on the last part but the disagreement seems to be how much of the blame should be divided between these two players. Anyone who has spent more than a few games watching Welker has seen him make more amazing catches in traffic or just flat out separating against superior athletes when he shouldn't be able to. The point I'm making is that when you consider some of the things Welker has done for that Patriots team, that mediocre throw by Brady shouldn't have been an impossible catch like some folks are making it out to be.

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 02:34 PM
because of the situation. He completes the pass Giants lose. He missed it and Giants win.
Brady has been one of, if not the most clutch QB in NFL history. He's got nothing to prove in that regard.

gumby74
09-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Extra bump to increase my post count and to make this 27 pages long.

Dwinsballgames
09-26-2012, 02:35 PM
It just comes down to this: Tha Pats didn't make a play when it mattered. Both players share the blame.

burier
09-26-2012, 02:36 PM
No arguments on the last part but the disagreement seems to be how much of the blame should be divided between these two players. Anyone who has spent more than a few games watching Welker has seen him make more amazing catches in traffic or just flat out separating against superior athletes when he shouldn't be able to. The point I'm making is that when you consider some of the things Welker has done for that Patriots team, that mediocre throw by Brady shouldn't have been an impossible catch like some folks are making it out to be.

Yeah I agree that with all the accolades welker gets he probably should have pulled the ball down. What's that saying about Bigtime players in big games?

But if I'm a statistician I refuse to put a drop in the books on welker for that play.

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 02:37 PM
If Welker catches that ball, no one would have said that Welker bailed out Brady. They would be saying how great a play it was. You guys are overreacting to the pass being to his outside shoulder. That kind of throw and catch are made all the time without comment on the pass. He threw it where he got two hands on it, in front of his body and head height. Thats not a bad throw no matter what shoulder he threw it to. The catch needs to be made there and should have been made.

GCGiant
09-26-2012, 02:39 PM
MM made a great catch, WW had an opportunity to make one and fell short. The difference is that Brady could've made that an easier catch for Welker and Eli only had one place where he could throw the ball and get a completion.

burier
Brady has been one of, if not the most clutch QB in NFL history. He's got nothing to prove in that regard.

Meh.. I agree he's been clutch in his career but he's missing a signature drive. I can't name any other quarterback who is historically considered "clutch" who has no signature drive.

I think in an all time list of clutch players Adam Vinatieri should be ranked higher than Brady.

GameTime
Absolutley not. An NFL WR SHOULD make that catch.
nah....if you say "should" then all NFL WRs "should" catch every pass that is close to them. They dont....
Its just not the way it goes......

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 02:46 PM
nah....if you say "should" then all NFL WRs "should" catch every pass that is close to them. They dont....
Its just not the way it goes......
That pass was one that is usually made by an NFL WR. My definition of "should" in this case is one that is expected to be made and IS made far more than not by an NFL WR.
WR's turning from the inside to make an outside shoulder catch, especially when there is no one on top of you, is commonplace in the NFL. Especially when its a pass with air under it.
I really don't understand your view to the contrary.

GameTime
09-26-2012, 02:54 PM
That pass was one that is usually made by an NFL WR. My definition of "should" in this case is one that is expected to be made and IS made far more than not by an NFL WR.
WR's turning from the inside to make an outside shoulder catch, especially when there is no one on top of you, is commonplace in the NFL. Especially when its a pass with air under it.
I really don't understand your view to the contrary.

shoulda coulda woulda....

he should have caught it
he could have caught it

it would have been a great catch IMO so thats why I say he could have caught and not so much he should have caught it.
Just a dif veiw. You really dont need to undersatnd it

elismom
09-26-2012, 02:54 PM

That is an early 2000's theory. Him losing to ethe giants has put a huge hitch in his armor

burier
09-26-2012, 02:55 PM
If Welker catches that ball, no one would have said that Welker bailed out Brady. They would be saying how great a play it was. You guys are overreacting to the pass being to his outside shoulder. That kind of throw and catch are made all the time without comment on the pass. He threw it where he got two hands on it, in front of his body and head height. Thats not a bad throw no matter what shoulder he threw it to. The catch needs to be made there and should have been made.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.

elismom
09-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Meh.. I agree he's been clutch in his career but he's missing a signature drive. I can't name any other quarterback who is historically considered "clutch" who has no signature drive.

I think in an all time list of clutch players Adam Vinatieri should be ranked higher than Brady.

Brady is and will go down because of his Shine. He has alot of rings. But in the first bowl he was well decent. Has the best mind in football. Eli however could be argued to be more clutch.

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 03:00 PM
But if I'm a statistician I refuse to put a drop in the books on welker for that play.

The NFL really does need to update their system for grading QBs dropped passes and interceptions that are the fault of receivers. Until they do, I will never take their QB rating system seriously.

elismom
09-26-2012, 03:00 PM
The espn overall rating is what I think is the best judge.

burier
09-26-2012, 03:20 PM
The NFL really does need to update their system for grading QBs dropped passes and interceptions that are the fault of receivers. Until they do, I will never take their QB rating system seriously.

Yeah the QB rating system is flawed but I guess its like any other stat. If you take it out of context it can be used for evil.

shocknaweny
09-26-2012, 03:21 PM
He's Top 5 for sure with Aaron Rodgers , Brady , Roethlisberber and Drew Brees !!!

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 03:22 PM
shoulda coulda woulda....

he should have caught it
he could have caught it

it would have been a great catch IMO so thats why I say he could have caught and not so much he should have caught it.
Just a dif veiw. You really dont need to undersatnd it
But none of this is especially relevant to my original point.
Welker didn't make the play he had to, and Manningham did. That ultimately was the difference in the game.
I think we can agree that Welker's opportunity was a lot easier than Manningham's.
Manningham's was a spectacular catch.

GameTime
09-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Welker didn't make the play he had to, and Manningham did. That ultimately was the difference in the game.
I think we can agree that Welker's opportunity was a lot easier than Manningham's.
I agree with the MM catch and I am usually irrelevant so I am good with that too.....

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 03:27 PM
I agree with the MM catch and I am usually irrelevant so I am good with that too.....
Aren't we all?

gumby74
09-26-2012, 03:36 PM
The espn overall rating is what I think is the best judge.

They never released the formula. They can be making **** up for all we know. At least QB rating you know exactly how it works. It essentially rewards the efficient QB. A QB that gets the most out of per attempt will have the highest rating. It's the reason why Rivers and Ben always had a higher rating than Eli did. They put up identical numbers but Eli had a full season or more worth of attempts.

burier
09-26-2012, 03:50 PM

What? Am I in the TwilightZone? Manningham caught a perfectly thrown football. The only way the play would have been easier for him to make would be if Eli walked it down the field and handed it to him and even then I'm not sure that would have made the play any easier than it already was. Eli made the best throw in the history of the Superbowl no ifs ands or.

burier
09-26-2012, 03:51 PM
They never released the formula. They can be making **** up for all we know. At least QB rating you know exactly how it works. It essentially rewards the efficient QB. A QB that gets the most out of per attempt will have the highest rating. It's the reason why Rivers and Ben always had a higher rating than Eli did. They put up identical numbers but Eli had a full season or more worth of attempts.

Did Eli end up with like a QBR of like 40 in the San Fran playoff game...Im gonna call that rating system trash.

elismom
09-26-2012, 03:52 PM
AllI know is.......down 14 with 9 minutes to go I am rarely upset just yet.

elismom
09-26-2012, 03:54 PM
What? Am I in the TwilightZone? Manningham caught a perfectly thrown football. The only way the play would have been easier for him to make would be if Eli walked it down the field and handed it to him and even then I'm not sure that would have made the play any easier than it already was. Eli made the best throw in the history of the Superbowl no ifs ands or.

I actaully tinkthe commentator said that verbatum. IT was like a 40 yard hand off. The feet now thats another story but Mario was known for dropping everything. They actually said that all week he was dropping passes. It might have been the greatest throw in SB history. Maybe the Big Ben throw? That was nice too

this guy MS is off the charts wacky

gumby74
09-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Did Eli end up with like a QBR of like 40 in the San Fran playoff game...Im gonna call that rating system trash.

82 - not the espn one.

burier
09-26-2012, 04:46 PM
I actaully tinkthe commentator said that verbatum. IT was like a 40 yard hand off. The feet now thats another story but Mario was known for dropping everything. They actually said that all week he was dropping passes. It might have been the greatest throw in SB history. Maybe the Big Ben throw? That was nice too

The Ben throw was really good but...I still think Eli was out of this world...And I didn't mean to downplay Mario. Great job getting his feet in and everything. But comparing that play to Brady. Its a player coming down with the perfect pass Vs a player not coming down witha terrible pass.

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 05:26 PM

This is where I jump off the crazy train.

burier
09-26-2012, 06:08 PM
This is where I jump off the crazy train.

This one's for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7MyTlouDJA

elismom
09-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Haters gonna hate. The throw to Mario is maybe the best throw in SB history end of story. The comeback in 07 is the best comeback and best play in a SB/ BOOOM. Dropping bombs. See burier, I been on here proclaiming Easy would get minimum 2 rings. Yes pt blank I said that. Here I am. In 07 coming on this board was actaully my fav part of the SB. So many haters on here. took out for you MS, becuase I am sure you will call the mods and get me banned again

burier
09-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Haters gonna hate. The throw to Mario is maybe the best throw in SB history end of story. The comeback in 07 is the best comeback and best play in a SB/ BOOOM. Dropping bombs. See burier, I been on here proclaiming Easy would get minimum 2 rings. Yes pt blank I said that. Here I am. In 07 coming on this board was actaully my fav part of the SB. So many haters on here. MS is actaully one of them. Not sure why he is making sweet love to TB and WELKER

That's the part that sucks. No one will give it up when they're supposed to.

I mean if someone told me after the Giants beat Dallas week 17 that Eli was the best Quarterback in the league and I laughed at him and then Eli went and won the superbowl in the fashion he did I'd gladly eat major crow. But all I hear are excuses. Not 1. Damn Burier, you were right. I was wrong.

Gumby actually suggested that I would have been taken more seriously HAD I WAITED for the Giants to win the Superbowl before saying anything???? So apparently you're only supposed to state the obvious around here.

elismom
09-26-2012, 06:36 PM

I mean if someone told me after the Giants beat Dallas week 17 that Eli was the best Quarterback in the league and I laughed at him and then Eli went and won the superbowl in the fashion he did I'd gladly eat major crow. But all I hear are excuses. Not 1. Damn Burier, you were right. I was wrong.

Gumby actually suggested that I would have been taken more seriously HAD I WAITED for the Giants to win the Superbowl before saying anything???? So apparently you're only supposed to state the obvious around here.

I was at the NE game in 07 with a bunch of dudes. And I remember sayign wow eli looked so good. They def don't want to see him again.
The truth is he is our franchise right now. Just look at he one main part of each of the SB teams. Besides some defenders most of the team is different. Kid is legit. Truthfully I like to toy with some of thse boys about it. The best is watching dudes like MS get so consumed with the eli lovers that they start to pretend that the welkger catch was some run of hte mill catch, with ease it should have been made. So much he posts the difficult catch up with only it hit him in the hands. IF it were only about hittingt he hands we wouldn't have fingers I guess.

GameTime
09-26-2012, 06:36 PM

great statement

elismom
09-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Where is Lockhart? Anyone remember that tool?

GameTime
09-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Where is Lockhart? Anyone remember that tool?
he was nothing but a button pusher to get people aggravated. he did a good job at it too. I caved and went off on him one time. A few other posters called it the post of the year at the time. Which means absolutley nothing but it did make me feel like a message board geek.....

elismom
09-26-2012, 06:45 PM
I use to have a profile under chinups. Damn I did some good work under that name. That was the first board update. Pre Eli Era.
Honestly in 2003 watching Eli at ole mis and listening to the refs call him peyton I jsut wanted this kid so bad. So I lost chinups and switched to eli's mom and vowed to defend my boy! LOL. Harooni. O god. Now that guy was the biggest tool. Hes around too I can smell him,. He wasn't just anti eli he was pro tiki, to the death too

Eli TO Shockey
09-26-2012, 06:46 PM
can't believe this thread went 30 pages. LOL

burier
09-26-2012, 06:46 PM
I was at the NE game in 07 with a bunch of dudes. And I remember sayign wow eli looked so good. They def don't want to see him again.
The truth is he is our franchise right now. Just look at he one main part of each of the SB teams. Besides some defenders most of the team is different. Kid is legit. Truthfully I like to toy with some of thse boys about it. The best is watching dudes like MS get so consumed with the eli lovers that they start to pretend that the welkger catch was some run of hte mill catch, with ease it should have been made. So much he posts the difficult catch up with only it hit him in the hands. IF it were only about hittingt he hands we wouldn't have fingers I guess.

A basic on understanding of physics allows one to understand that the degree of difficulty on the Welker play was way off the charts due to a poorly placed ball. I don't think it makes Brady any less great to admit that he made a bad throw. But to compare that play to Eli's play as if to say the only difference is one player made the catch and other didn't is bending logic to the nth degree.

But I don't want to talk about MS behind his back so I'll leave it at that.

Rudyy
09-26-2012, 06:48 PM
can't believe this thread went 30 pages. LOL It's an Eli thread, what did you expect?

burier
09-26-2012, 06:49 PM
great statement

Thank you.

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Haters gonna hate. The throw to Mario is maybe the best throw in SB history end of story. The comeback in 07 is the best comeback and best play in a SB/ BOOOM. Dropping bombs. See burier, I been on here proclaiming Easy would get minimum 2 rings. Yes pt blank I said that. Here I am. In 07 coming on this board was actaully my fav part of the SB. So many haters on here. MS is actaully one of them. Not sure why he is making sweet love to TB and WELKER
You are pushing it kiddo. Think about stopping.

elismom
09-26-2012, 06:52 PM
A basic on understanding of physics allows one to understand that the degree of difficulty on the Welker play was way off the charts due to a poorly placed ball. I don't think it makes Brady any less great to admit that he made a bad throw. But to compare that play to Eli's play as if to say the only difference is one player made the catch and other didn't is bending logic to the nth degree.

But I don't want to talk about MS behind his back so I'll leave it at that.

I was talking behind his back. ITs on a thread. I am just stating that even pro supporters can get in a fit about things. He is pt blank one of them
That play in video and in picture speaks for itself. No rationale for it

MS come on dog. We chatting here. Just men talking on a discussion board

burier
09-26-2012, 06:56 PM
I was talking behind his back. ITs on a thread. I am just stating that even pro supporters can get in a fit about things. He is pt blank one of them

LOL....i know you weren't talking behind his back..I'm just weird like that.

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 06:57 PM

Who am I supposed to hate in your little scenario?
The QB I've been rooting for for the last 9 years?

Guys like you drive me nuts. Little men who can't stand anyone bursting your little bubble,

elismom
09-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Who am I supposed to hate in your little scenario?
The QB I've been rooting for for the last 9 years?

Guys like you drive me nuts. Little men who can't stand anyone bursting your little bubble,

Bro my bubble is like the .com era. I basicly called Eli's career. Come on dog. Stop now. I was up here in 2004 saying watch fellas Eli gets 2 rings minimum. BOOM! So what are you busting. Haters hated when I said it before the commith and now haters hate even when the chosen one has arrived. He is here my friend bow down before the mvp of two superbowls and bow down before the greatest giant of all time

Elis Mom has spoken. Am I a prophet?

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 07:01 PM
He was a #1 overall selection. Isn't he kinda supposed to do good? Now if you predicted a 7th round QB went on to win 5 Superbowls and then it actually happened, THAT would be impressive.

elismom
09-26-2012, 07:02 PM
He was a #1 overall selection. Isn't he kinda supposed to do good? Now if you predicted a 7th round QB went on to win 5 Superbowls and then it actually happened, THAT would be impressive.

Ask David Carr that question and get back to me. I think Eli will be top 5 all time to be honest. His numbers will be grossly over the top in 5 yrs

PS...I could frame out the list. Many failures at the 1. Not many qb's have 2 sb mvp. I think 4 to be exact. And I don't think any of them were #1's

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Ask David Carr that question and get back to me. I think Eli will be top 5 all time to be honest. His numbers will be grossly over the top in 5 yrs

PS...I could frame out the list.

You're not getting it. Betting on a #1 overall selection to be a phenomenal player is a very safe bet compared to say...a later round QB who is only taken to sit on the bench. It's not that impressive imo.

elismom
09-26-2012, 07:06 PM
You're not getting it. Betting on a #1 overall selection to be a phenomenal player is a very safe bet compared to say...a later round QB who is only taken to sit on the bench. It's not that impressive imo.

And here I was elismom hoping that I would get the approval of the THEenema.

Dude how many ppl thought he would fail? If it was so easy to thnk he was going to be good then why did everyone and their mother hate on him from local stations to espn non stop to every person on this board? ndsay he wasn';t this he wasn't that. Hes not good bro, HES GREAT.... Stop it

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 07:09 PM
And here I was elismom hoping that I would get the approval of the THEenema.

Dude how many ppl thought he would fail? If it was so easy to thnk he was going to be good then why did everyone and their mother hate on him from local stations to espn non stop to every person on this board? ndsay he wasn';t this he wasn't that. Hes not good bro, HES GREAT.... Stop it

Way to keep it classy lol and no one hated on him prior to the draft. That's exactly what I'm getting at. You took a safe bet and the QB also happened to be apart of a football family as big as the Mannings.

elismom
09-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Way to keep it classy lol and no one hated on him prior to the draft. That's exactly what I'm getting at. You took a safe bet and the QB also happened to be apart of a football family as big as the Mannings.

I thought that was rather catchy. We don't agree bro. But we both fans so party on wayne. Enjoy

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 07:14 PM
I thought that was rather catchy. We don't agree bro. But we both fans so party on wayne. Enjoy

It wasn't bad. Aren't you supposed to love Eli no matter what anyway? Can't really take your word on these things.

BParcells777
09-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Off all the QBs starting in the NFL he is right now outperforming all of them

I'd rate Christian Ponder as #2

All the old "names" are struggling

elismom
09-26-2012, 07:15 PM
It wasn't bad. Aren't you supposed to love Eli no matter what anyway? Can't really take your word on these things.

Finally people catching on here! I am elismom, WTH you guys want from me! I teach my boys right!

The fact aht someone dropped a ponder makes me very nervous that he is on my side now

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Off all the QBs starting in the NFL he is right now outperforming all of them

I'd rate Christian Ponder as #2

All the old "names" are struggling

No love for Matty Ice? Ponder had a good game against the 49ers but I'll be surprised if he plays at that level for the whole season.

elismom
09-26-2012, 07:25 PM
No love for Matty Ice? Ponder had a good game against the 49ers but I'll be surprised if he plays at that level for the whole season.

Ice is magnificent. I believe him and Eli are the class of the younger generation. I rate Eli over him for one reason and pretty much its common knowledge. PLAYOFFS. But he is coming, yougner then Eli too. His talents combined with smarts are amazing.

Im not huge on ben for the reason that he is not even smart enough to A-Throw the Ball Away. Yes that is hugely important for a QB. B-He doesn;t deply common sense. Bathrooms are not great love making places.

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Ice is magnificent. I believe him and Eli are the class of the younger generation. I rate Eli over him for one reason and pretty much its common knowledge. PLAYOFFS. But he is coming, yougner then Eli too. His talents combined with smarts are amazing.

Im not huge on ben for the reason that he is not even smart enough to A-Throw the Ball Away. Yes that is hugely important for a QB. B-He doesn;t deply common sense. Bathrooms are not great love making places.

Big Benjamin still relies on his ability to shrug off defenders with his superior body size when he needed to realize years ago that style would catch up to him with constant nagging injuries like he has now.

Cutler could be a top 5 QB with that arm of his if he only knew what consistency and leadership meant. Too many bad games though.

http://www.sportsmemes.net/pics/2135.jpg

elismom
09-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Big Benjamin still relies on his ability to shrug off defenders with his superior body size when he needed to realize years ago that style would catch up to him with constant nagging injuries like he has now.

Cutler could be a top 5 QB with that arm of his if he only knew what consistency and leadership meant. Too many bad games though.

http://www.sportsmemes.net/pics/2135.jpg

His pure throwing motion is beautiful but the full picture is not there and never will be. The rebel in him will not allow it. You saw that at perdue as well.

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 07:51 PM
His pure throwing motion is beautiful but the full picture is not there and never will be. The rebel in him will not allow it. You saw that at perdue as well.
try Vanderbilt.

BParcells777
09-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Who is Matty Ice?........Eli is the King right now

He started playing out of his mind last year and it continues apace.......I thought he might regress.....he is actually accelerating

I do not know what got in to Eli.......his accuracy is 50% better than the old Eli.......he throws the ball away when in trouble.......I think it all might tie into the confidenece he gets from being given the green light to audible much of the time

elismom
09-26-2012, 08:12 PM
try Vanderbilt.

ah yessssssssssss. You are correct. Breezy and That dude with the beard played @ purdue.

You finally got me today! LOL

elismom
09-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Who is Matty Ice?........Eli is the King right now

He started playing out of his mind last year and it continues apace.......I thought he might regress.....he is actually accelerating

I do not know what got in to Eli.......his accuracy is 50% better than the old Eli.......he throws the ball away when in trouble.......I think it all might tie into the confidenece he gets from being given the green light to audible much of the time

Ah though, remember the eli to plax combo??? Come on dog he made some nice throws back then. I remember the Ike quoate about eli throwing the ball on a bomb, said something to the effect that if he had a football box it would have landed right in it. Eli had moments just in the begining he had bad ones too. Gunslinger style

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Who is Matty Ice?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Ryan

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 08:18 PM
ah yessssssssssss. You are correct. Breezy and That dude with the beard played @ purdue.

You finally got me today! LOL
So when you were watching all those Purdue games with the QB with all the problems...What QB were you watching?

elismom
09-26-2012, 08:22 PM
So when you were watching all those Purdue games with the QB with all the problems...What QB were you watching?

Come again?
Neither of those words came from my mouth. But ok big dog! Keep those olds hands iced up dog! You might be typing incorrectly
. Below is what I wrote

elismom
09-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Cutler
66 tds 36 intos........1.83 ratio.
But really what I was referring to is him running around like a mad man and taking sacks. He is and always will be a big big risk taker and cowboy. Hence allt he yabbing he does. He took 80 sacks in his Vandy career

JUST DUKING THE BALL THROUGH THE HOOP TONIGHT!

BParcells777
09-26-2012, 08:28 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Ryan

Last time I saw Matt Ryan we were throwing him around like a rag doll..........The domination of Atlanta was so complete it was mind boggling

They looked like a high school team...........

JSpin
09-26-2012, 08:38 PM
I just want Eli to dominate this year, win a league MVP, and another Super Bowl. Then no one will ever again say that Eli manning is overrated

GameTime
09-26-2012, 08:41 PM
I just want Eli to dominate this year, win a league MVP, and another Super Bowl. Then no one will ever again say that Eli manning is overrated
is that all?.....
not too much to ask

giantsfan420
09-26-2012, 08:49 PM
he does that, he will prob be underrated the rest of his career unless people are willing to consider him one of the greatest of all time (if he wn league mvp, SB mvp this year)

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Come again?
Neither of those words came from my mouth. But ok big dog! Keep those olds hands iced up dog! You might be typing incorrectly
. Below is what I wrote

Well whatever you saw, you saw it watching Purdue games. I'm asking which QB you were watching. I'm sure you weren't watching Vandy, thinking you were watching Purdue. yes the uni's were similar. But thats a pretty unbelievable mistake.

The answer is that you are full of it. You never saw Cutler play at Vandy, and you never saw anyone play at Purdue during that time as well.
You just make up **** as you go along.

giantsfan420
09-26-2012, 09:27 PM
i read it as a game vs purdue that cutler dominated when at vandy but thats just me

giantsfan420
09-26-2012, 09:28 PM
like "cutler has amazing arm strength. he showed it playing purdue."

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 10:09 PM
i read it as a game vs purdue that cutler dominated when at vandy but thats just me
you're kidding ......right?
Vandy doesn't play Purdue and didn't when Cutler was at Vandy.
Olivia was just making **** up.

gumby74
09-26-2012, 10:09 PM

What does winning the SB have anything to do with being the best QB in the league? Eli would have gotten the accolades (at least among Giatns fans) regardless of whether or not he won the SB.

You got laughed at because what you thought about Eli at that time wasridiculous. You might want to rethink what is "obvious" when no one agrees with you.

appodictic
09-26-2012, 10:47 PM
This year Eli is top 2 with Ryan. The giants had the opening game loss otherwise I would rank him #1

giantsfan420
09-26-2012, 11:14 PM
i agree with burier along with several others i noticed. and coincidentally we were all the ones who called this. we get ragged on when we said to be patient, eli will be one of the best and we get ragged on when he actually did...eh, easy trade off with how awesome it feels to be able to say that I have always supported and believed eli could reach here, and more, even when it seemed like no one else would.

JSpin
09-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Sadly that might not be enough. Eli will never get the credit he deserves

giantsfan420
09-26-2012, 11:15 PM
and quit pretending like ur doubt was years ago. just last year after washington and st luis, i saw plenty a condescending posts about how elis fundamentals were bad, he wasnt the same sb qb, he "couldnt lead comebacks anymore" (ur famous one iirc LMAO), losing record, etc etc...

giantsfan420
09-26-2012, 11:19 PM
like it literally took last year for u to come as far from ur original stance as u have. and u certainly werent alone. i remember saying that we'd beat philly week 3 last yr and tons of people acted like that was insane, when i said calm down we are legit sb contenders with eli, ppl again called me crazy...ur recollection of how no one has disrespected eli for years is severely flawed, just last year brah...

gumby74
09-26-2012, 11:20 PM
and quit pretending like ur doubt was years ago. just last year after washington and st luis, i saw plenty a condescending posts about how elis fundamentals were bad, he wasnt the same sb qb, he "couldnt lead comebacks anymore" (ur famous one iirc LMAO), losing record, etc etc...

You talking about me? Because I didnt' come within a million miles of saying any of those things.

Edit: And in 2011, Eli was brilliant. Anyone who says otherwise is a troll. Had we not won the SB in 2011, Eli still would have gotten all the props in the world. Prior to 2011 that might be a different story. Prior to 2011, he was a different QB. Not the beast he's turned into now.

Sarcasman
09-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Tom Brady doesn't play against Eli. He's had to play against the Giants D line.

Crap. I spoke too soon.

crossouttheeyes
09-27-2012, 12:10 AM
This year Eli is top 2 with Ryan. The giants had the opening game loss otherwise I would rank him #1
I'd actually rank Eli third through these first three weeks. The top two QBs this year are Ryan and Ben and it's not even close. I think because the Steelers lost 2 games already everybody is overlooking just how good Ben's been this season, but he's been playing out of his mind. It's the Steelers defense that has been losing them games.

Diamondring
09-27-2012, 12:16 AM
What does winning the SB have anything to do with being the best QB in the league? Eli would have gotten the accolades (at least among Giatns fans) regardless of whether or not he won the SB.

You got laughed at because what you thought about Eli at that time wasridiculous. You might want to rethink what is "obvious" when no one agrees with you.He said in the fashion as he did wich means that he had a big hand in it. Eli was not there for just the ride, he performed well in both Superbowl Wins especially the second one This shows that the man played real good against high quality teams wich most of the time are in the playoffs making Eli a very good player.

Giantfan #10
09-27-2012, 04:46 AM
Eli first QB to ever win a Superbowl with the worst rushing attack.... and we were like 28 in defense or close to that I'm sorry but if that doesn't say anything
i dunno what it takes....

elismom
09-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Eli first QB to ever win a Superbowl with the worst rushing attack.... and we were like 28 in defense or close to that I'm sorry but if that doesn't say anything
i dunno what it takes....

Crazy Good Point. 4 players in Nfl history have goten sb mvp. And he I think he sit he best qb in sb history in the 4th qtr.
STUD

elismom
09-27-2012, 09:06 AM
you're kidding ......right?
Vandy doesn't play Purdue and didn't when Cutler was at Vandy.
Olivia was just making **** up.

Are you saying he is not a hot headed cowboy gunslinger? Dude when your back is against hte all you will say antyhing
You twisted my words into a Cutler/Vandy Argument. I guess you will take arguments where you can get them

Morre your being a clown dude. Jay is a loose cannon dude and that was my pt. Argue that dude go ahead

jints10
09-27-2012, 09:21 AM
I just care that he is the best qb for the NY Giants......and he is

Morehead State
09-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Are you saying he is not a hot headed cowboy gunslinger? Dude when your back is against hte all you will say antyhing
You twisted my words into a Cutler/Vandy Argument. I guess you will take arguments where you can get them

Morre your being a clown dude. Jay is a loose cannon dude and that was my pt. Argue that dude go ahead
Not at all. Cutler definitely has his problems.
I'm saying that you never saw him play in college and your comment that he showed his problems at "Purdue", demonstrates that you were just making **** up.
Which means you have no credibility.

Now give me another gangsta rant.

elismom
09-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Not at all. Cutler definitely has his problems.
I'm saying that you never saw him play in college and your comment that he showed his problems at "Purdue", demonstrates that you were just making **** up.
Which means you have no credibility.

Now give me another gangsta rant.

Bro what are you talking about? I watch college football all day lonig since I was like 8. I watch the draft, I watch nonstop football. NONSTOP. I watchecd probably minimum 20 of his games and mad tape on him and mayock and the team broke down his film on nfl network. My pt was and sitll is and you actually agree that Cutler can never be that guy because he is a risk taker, takes too many hits, thorws too many picks and runs out the pocket because he has good legs. Now Stop. Why because he is a 9 yr vet and I mixed up that he went to perdue instead of vandy. I was thinking of Orton. WOWWOWOWOW. I LOST ALL CREDIBILITY

Orton-Ex Bear QB and Perdue Alum
Cutler-Bear QB and Vandy Alum
Kill me

Cornball dude. Corny

Morehead State
09-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Bro what are you talking about? I watch college football all day lonig since I was like 8. I watch the draft, I watch nonstop football. NONSTOP. I watchecd probably minimum 20 of his games and mad tape on him and mayock and the team broke down his film on nfl network. My pt was and sitll is and you actually agree that Cutler can never be that guy because he is a risk taker, takes too many hits, thorws too many picks and runs out the pocket because he has good legs. Now Stop. Why because he is a 9 yr vet and I mixed up that he went to perdue instead of vandy. I was thinking of Orton. WOWWOWOWOW. I LOST ALL CREDIBILITY

Orton-Ex Bear QB and Perdue Alum
Cutler-Bear QB and Vandy Alum
Kill me

Cornball dude. Corny
Sure you do.

elismom
09-27-2012, 10:59 AM
I can't make you look any worse then I have already.

GAME SET MATCH

Sorry dude. You took a beaten on the eli debate and then got beat diggin holes with old hands, just searching for something to make me look bad. You got me bro, I don't watch VANDY GAME!!! LOL

LOL

1 LUV-This thread is shut

burier
09-27-2012, 11:50 AM

You got laughed at because what you thought about Eli at that time wasridiculous. You might want to rethink what is "obvious" when no one agrees with you.

(Clearly in your very confused brain one must have majority opinion in order to be correct. I guess the idea that the world is round was ridiculous too.....at the time)

But that's the point. It clearly WASN'T ridiculous and if you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not going to teach basic foundations of logic on football message board.

As far as the "obvious" part. I think my statement went over your head. You may want to re-read it.

gumby74
09-27-2012, 12:56 PM
(Clearly in your very confused brain one must have majority opinion in order to be correct. I guess the idea that the world is round was ridiculous too.....at the time)

But that's the point. It clearly WASN'T ridiculous and if you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not going to teach basic foundations of logic on football message board.

As far as the "obvious" part. I think my statement went over your head. You may want to re-read it.

I never said that if you weren't in the majority, you are not correct. However, I did say that you were not in the overwhelming majority, then you may want to rethink your stance. I also said that if you were not in the overwhelming majority, dismissing other's opinions as "comical" is pretty short sighted.

And let's not compare the world being round to something as simple as Football. I highly doubt you know more about football in some revolutionary way. It's not a science.

burier
09-27-2012, 01:26 PM
I never said that if you weren't in the majority, you are not correct. However, I did say that you were not in the overwhelming majority, then you may want to rethink your stance. I also said that if you were not in the overwhelming majority, dismissing other's opinions as "comical" is pretty short sighted.

And let's not compare the world being round to something as simple as Football. I highly doubt you know more about football in some revolutionary way. It's not a science.

Why are you quoting the world comical? Did I say that? Maybe I did but I don't remember using that word in that context.

As far as the rest of it we've covered this ground before. You act as if I don't consider opposition arguments. I do consider your argument...but you can line em up around the block if what the mob is saying doesn't jive with me then...well it doesn't jive with me. I'll debate the lot of ya.

In this case when I said Eli had made the leap I knew people would give me crap about it. Fair enough. You have everyone tell you the guy is mediocre for 8 years and then this yahoo is saying he's actually the best QB in the league. I get that. But I also knew I'd be vindicated which is why I opened my mouth to begin with.

So you keep saying that a declaration that Eli was the best QB right before the playoff run was ridiculous but had I said it after the playoff run was over the same position would no longer be ridiculous DOES NOT COMPUTE. Its like you're saying that no one should say anything thats out of line with conventional wisdom.

Now if right now you don't believe Eli is the best that's fine. Its really subjective anyway...but what can't be argued is that Eli is now in the conversation thus making you and anyone else who thought it was HILARIOUS that I said it 5 weeks before the guy won his 2nd SBMVP is FLAT OUT WRONG....and you know it and anyone reading this post knows it weather their stones are big enough to admit or not.

(Side note: I also said Jaws was off his rocker in his evaluation of Eli and more so of his presumption that Peyton wasn't going to miss a beat.
I also said T2 would be a non-factor this season
I also said David Diehl shouldn't be starting at RT....there's a trend here...Maybe in the future when I say something you might want to resist the urge to laugh)

gumby74
09-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Why are you quoting the world comical? Did I say that? Maybe I did but I don't remember using that word in that context.

As far as the rest of it we've covered this ground before. You act as if I don't consider opposition arguments. I do consider your argument...but you can line em up around the block if what the mob is saying doesn't jive with me then...well it doesn't jive with me. I'll debate the lot of ya.

In this case when I said Eli had made the leap I knew people would give me crap about it. Fair enough. You have everyone tell you the guy is mediocre for 8 years and then this yahoo is saying he's actually the best QB in the league. I get that. But I also knew I'd be vindicated which is why I opened my mouth to begin with.

So you keep saying that a declaration that Eli was the best QB right before the playoff run was ridiculous but had I said it after the playoff run was over the same position would no longer be ridiculous DOES NOT COMPUTE. Its like you're saying that no one should say anything thats out of line with conventional wisdom.

Now if right now you don't believe Eli is the best that's fine. Its really subjective anyway...but what can't be argued is that Eli is now in the conversation thus making you and anyone else who thought it was HILARIOUS that I said it 5 weeks before the guy won his 2nd SBMVP is FLAT OUT WRONG....and you know it and anyone reading this post knows it weather their stones are big enough to admit or not.

(Side note: I also said Jaws was off his rocker in his evaluation of Eli and more so of his presumption that Peyton wasn't going to miss a beat.
I also said David Diehl shouldn't be starting at RT....there's a trend here...Maybe in the future when I say something you might want to resist the urge to laugh)

If you consider, then you consider. Yes, I do remember calling out other posters. But that's neither here nor there.

Let's revisit when you actually said Eli was the best in the league and when you said Eli was "elite". You've said both prior to the 2011 correct? Vindicated? I don't think so. It wasn't until after 2011 that people started even acknowledging Eli was any of those things. Had you said, "Eli would eventually be the best QB in the league", then you have been more correct (again acknowledging that Eli being the best or Elite is subjectve).

Again, you said Eli was the best prior to the 2011 season even beginning. The 2011 season - after it finished, is what opened people's eyes so to speak. People were laughing at people propping up Eli before the 2011 even began. They weren't laughing right before playoffs because he had an entire season of brilliant play.

Your time frame is all wrong. People were laughing at the statements about Eli being elite or whatever, prior to the 2011 season. NOT shortly before the playoffs. So in fact, the time span to change people's minds is throughout the course of the entire season.

And for the record, if you remember, I said that I still wasn't convinced and I knew that I was in the minority. I also said I now respected people's opinion to think that he is the best or one of. I said as of the end of 2011, I still thought Eli was inconsistent, inaccurate, and inefficient - not because he hasn't shown enough in general, but he hasn't shown enough to me. And, that I was not as fickle and was harder to convince than your average fan. We even came up with an acceptable performance metric, remember?

GameTime
09-27-2012, 01:54 PM
wow...you guys need to make a reality show out of this stuff......its message board gold.....

gumby74
09-27-2012, 02:00 PM
wow...you guys need to make a reality show out of this stuff......its message board gold.....

It sure is. It's the only topic around here that is fun to talk about. Otherwise, it's people just holding hands and singing kumbaya. What's the fun in that?

TheEnigma
09-27-2012, 02:06 PM
.(Side note: I also said Jaws was off his rocker in his evaluation of Eli and more so of his presumption that Peyton wasn't going to miss a beat.

T2 was coming off his 2nd ACL injury and Diehl has been a turnstile on the Oline since the end of the 2009 season. Not sure I would call those bold predictions lol.

Moke
09-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Nope - Elisha Manning is the best QB in the NFL.

Don't hate.

giantsfan420
09-27-2012, 02:16 PM
lmao. gumby, wasnt ur first post in this thread telling him how only a few crazy people discuss this and to stop? lmfao. you see, thats a PERFECT example of how you were with eli...

gumby74
09-27-2012, 02:20 PM
lmao. gumby, wasnt ur first post in this thread telling him how only a few crazy people discuss this and to stop? lmfao. you see, thats a PERFECT example of how you were with eli...

Heh. It's not whether or not Eli is the best that we're discussing. Burier and I are talking about the basis on his view points and my view points. this might sound a little crazy to you, but no where in our conversation are we agreeing/disagreeing about whether or not Eli is the best.

giantsfan420
09-27-2012, 02:21 PM
and for the record, burier i dunno if u remember, but when u made that proclamation i was right there with you. gumby's confusing what the statement was. iirc, ur main point was about how so many follow espn blindly when it comes to statements that dont fall in line with their thinking. u then went onto say that u believed eli was the best qb in the league, and that AFTER the SB, more people would start agreeing. I know that was at least my stance.
A blind chimpanzee wouldnt tell u eli was the best when he wasnt. i and i believe burier was commenting on the potential eli has to be the best and that he would reach it here after this season. when we said eli will be the best, that doesnt mean we're saying he's the best at that time.

and i recall a ton more of what buriers saying, and like zero of what ur claiming to have said and me n u went back n forth countlessly specifically about how ur use of stats to conclude eli simply would not be better than ben or rivers while i said i see intangibles and wins and a game that absolutely will become one of the best in the league...

giantsfan420
09-27-2012, 02:22 PM
"The only people that care are yourself and a small handful of others here.

You guys are out of control..."

recreate reality so ur not wrong, go ahead. happens frequently around here

GameTime
09-27-2012, 02:24 PM
another has joined the party....this is gettin' good......

:popcorn:

giantsfan420
09-27-2012, 02:24 PM
you absolutely are discussing whether eli is the best and whether it was a relevant topic. your trying to play spin dr. so u can feel better about being dead wrong and call into question buriers timeline (all the while completely misinterpreting what he said making ur premise completely irrelevant and inaccurate. see post before)

giantsfan420
09-27-2012, 02:25 PM
no im done. outta here. just found it funny how completely opposite his first post in the thread is, and his actions in the thread since. i been down this road countlessly. i took enough flak claiming eli would be top 3 by this year a while ago. no need to rehash it i know what happened.

TheEnigma
09-27-2012, 02:26 PM
another has joined the party....this is gettin' good......

:popcorn:

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/drama.gif

Eli Thread?!

gumby74
09-27-2012, 02:28 PM
and for the record, burier i dunno if u remember, but when u made that proclamation i was right there with you. gumby's confusing what the statement was. iirc, ur main point was about how so many follow espn blindly when it comes to statements that dont fall in line with their thinking. u then went onto say that u believed eli was the best qb in the league, and that AFTER the SB, more people would start agreeing. I know that was at least my stance.
A blind chimpanzee wouldnt tell u eli was the best when he wasnt. i and i believe burier was commenting on the potential eli has to be the best and that he would reach it here after this season. when we said eli will be the best, that doesnt mean we're saying he's the best at that time.

and i recall a ton more of what buriers saying, and like zero of what ur claiming to have said and me n u went back n forth countlessly specifically about how ur use of stats to conclude eli simply would not be better than ben or rivers while i said i see intangibles and wins and a game that absolutely will become one of the best in the league...

Oh hell no. If Burier had said Eli had the potential to be the best, I would have agreed with him.

As for everything else, you need to read posts a little closer my friend. Never have I said Eli would not be better then Ben and Rivers. Just like I never said any of the things things you mentioned in another post. Would denotes future tense. I've always maintained that Eli had more raw talent passing wise than both Ben and Rivers.

GameTime
09-27-2012, 02:29 PM
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/drama.gif

Eli Thread?!

nice...all you needed was the dramatic entry music..

DANT DANT DAAAAAAAA

Moke
09-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Is this the GDT ?

gumby74
09-27-2012, 02:30 PM
you absolutely are discussing whether eli is the best and whether it was a relevant topic. your trying to play spin dr. so u can feel better about being dead wrong and call into question buriers timeline (all the while completely misinterpreting what he said making ur premise completely irrelevant and inaccurate. see post before)

Look at the bigger picture.

Morehead State
09-27-2012, 02:33 PM
"The only people that care are yourself and a small handful of others here.

You guys are out of control..."

recreate reality so ur not wrong, go ahead. happens frequently around here
Well you Cultists are a small handful as well.

Moke
09-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Wait so who has the hard-on for Eli and who doesn't agree with it? I can't read all these posts, just too awful of a job.

TheEnigma
09-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Wait so who has the hard-on for Eli and who doesn't agree with it? I can't read all these posts, just too awful of a job.

The argument is when did these hard-ons occur and if people kept their pants zipped, when did they finally release the wilbert.

GameTime
09-27-2012, 02:36 PM
no one reall yknows...Its like a reality show. You dont really even know WTF is going on but you watch anyway just to see the drama unfold and the botox fly.

Moke
09-27-2012, 02:37 PM
The argument is when did these hard-ons occur and if people kept their pants zipped, when did they finally release the wilbert.

WILBERT. ROFL.

burier
09-27-2012, 03:26 PM
If you consider, then you consider. Yes, I do remember calling out other posters. But that's neither here nor there.

Let's revisit when you actually said Eli was the best in the league and when you said Eli was "elite". You've said both prior to the 2011 correct? Vindicated? I don't think so. It wasn't until after 2011 that people started even acknowledging Eli was any of those things. Had you said, "Eli would eventually be the best QB in the league", then you have been more correct (again acknowledging that Eli being the best or Elite is subjectve).

Again, you said Eli was the best prior to the 2011 season even beginning. The 2011 season - after it finished, is what opened people's eyes so to speak. People were laughing at people propping up Eli before the 2011 even began. They weren't laughing right before playoffs because he had an entire season of brilliant play.

Your time frame is all wrong. People were laughing at the statements about Eli being elite or whatever, prior to the 2011 season. NOT shortly before the playoffs. So in fact, the time span to change people's minds is throughout the course of the entire season.

And for the record, if you remember, I said that I still wasn't convinced and I knew that I was in the minority. I also said I now respected people's opinion to think that he is the best or one of. I said as of the end of 2011, I still thought Eli was inconsistent, inaccurate, and inefficient - not because he hasn't shown enough in general, but he hasn't shown enough to me. And, that I was not as fickle and was harder to convince than your average fan. We even came up with an acceptable performance metric, remember?

No no no no no..

Never 1 time did I ever say Eli was THE BEST quarterback in the league prior to week 17 of the 2011 season. Week 17 was the first time I EVER said that. I can't stress it enough yet I still got **** for it. ( just prior to the 2011 season I created a thread called 'There's Something About' Eli' Where I pointed out that Eli possesses an intangible that compensates for some of his more tangible shortcomings. If you recall.) I didn't say Eli was the best prior to week 17 because I didnt believe it prior to then.

As far as the use of the word "elite" that's a word that started getting thrown around alot just prior to the 2011 season because of the Eli interview. I can't remember when I first called Eli "elite" but it was sometime during the 2011 season.

Going into the 2011 season I agreed with Eli. I believed he was in a class with the Tom Brady's of the world. So if that's elite than fine...I thought Eli was elite. But to be specific...going into the 2008 season I believed Eli fell somewhere in top 10 quarterbacks and I felt he was gradually improving every season. (Going into 2011 season I would have put Rogers, Brees, Brady and Peyton ahead of Eli...Not in a different class than Eli...but ahead)

I did several times state that Eli was "playing" better than any quarterback BARING Aaron Rogers during the 2011 season but never that he was the best until I said it in week 17. I have to be clear on that.

We came up with a Metric after the SB because I accused you of moving the goal post on Eli every year so I wanted to lock you in to some stats. Because according to you it didn't matter what Eli did or how well he played in '11, he'd have to do it again in order for you to be impressed.

So to recap. At the start of the season I said Eli was certainly in Brady's class (Not better but in his class) and I even started a thread comparing their stats for the week. But everytime I'd update it with the most recent game stats a bunch of people would complain so I stopped. The thing is.... Eli proved that he was in Brady's class almost immediately last season (And certainly by week 9 or whatever it was when they played against one another)...So I was vindicated on that point as well.

At the end of the regular season I then upgraded my position from Elite to based on what Eli has shown over his career and over 16 games I'm comfortable saying he's the best QB going..and I got the reaction I got. It had nothing to do with me saying Eli was the best for several years until he finally proved me right.

rebelfan1966
09-27-2012, 03:41 PM
I am happy we are just winning championships..... this elite, who is the best, blah, blah, blah stuff is just a distraction from the game. I think Eli is the perfect fit for Tom Coughlin and the NY Giants....

ChuckKnoxx
09-27-2012, 04:02 PM
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/09/22/is-eli-manning-the-best-quarterback-in-the-nfl/

In 2012 so far, yes he is. One of the measurements of a great QB that continues to get lost over the course of time, is the ability to make those around him better and excel to a higher level. Look at the way Giants rotate TE's in and out for the last few years. Who is Mario Manningham? Look at the way Ramses Barden or Hixon can come in and keep the offense moving. Are these guys outstanding athletes? Yes. But they get to the next level by a fantastic Quarterback. Brady is the same. Rodgers and Brees as well, and right now Eli Manning tops all three. Just adding my opinion to 38 pages worth.

gumby74
09-28-2012, 09:46 AM
No no no no no..

Never 1 time did I ever say Eli was THE BEST quarterback in the league prior to week 17 of the 2011 season. Week 17 was the first time I EVER said that. I can't stress it enough yet I still got **** for it. ( just prior to the 2011 season I created a thread called 'There's Something About' Eli' Where I pointed out that Eli possesses an intangible that compensates for some of his more tangible shortcomings. If you recall.) I didn't say Eli was the best prior to week 17 because I didnt believe it prior to then.

As far as the use of the word "elite" that's a word that started getting thrown around alot just prior to the 2011 season because of the Eli interview. I can't remember when I first called Eli "elite" but it was sometime during the 2011 season.

Going into the 2011 season I agreed with Eli. I believed he was in a class with the Tom Brady's of the world. So if that's elite than fine...I thought Eli was elite. But to be specific...going into the 2008 season I believed Eli fell somewhere in top 10 quarterbacks and I felt he was gradually improving every season. (Going into 2011 season I would have put Rogers, Brees, Brady and Peyton ahead of Eli...Not in a different class than Eli...but ahead)

I did several times state that Eli was "playing" better than any quarterback BARING Aaron Rogers during the 2011 season but never that he was the best until I said it in week 17. I have to be clear on that.

We came up with a Metric after the SB because I accused you of moving the goal post on Eli every year so I wanted to lock you in to some stats. Because according to you it didn't matter what Eli did or how well he played in '11, he'd have to do it again in order for you to be impressed.

So to recap. At the start of the season I said Eli was certainly in Brady's class (Not better but in his class) and I even started a thread comparing their stats for the week. But everytime I'd update it with the most recent game stats a bunch of people would complain so I stopped. The thing is.... Eli proved that he was in Brady's class almost immediately last season (And certainly by week 9 or whatever it was when they played against one another)...So I was vindicated on that point as well.

At the end of the regular season I then upgraded my position from Elite to based on what Eli has shown over his career and over 16 games I'm comfortable saying he's the best QB going..and I got the reaction I got. It had nothing to do with me saying Eli was the best for several years until he finally proved me right.

Threads don't go further back then 2010 (There's a Giggles post saying Ben is better than Eli and it's 245 pages long), so i can't validate what you said. But something doesn't seem right. I don't think you would have gotten as much flak as you did had you said going into 2008 had you said Eli was very good QB and is a top 10 QB. The reason is because a lot of us skeptics would have agreed with you. If that was indeed your instance is that either I got you mixed up with other folks or something got lost in all the turmoil - very similar to what happened to me.

All in all, if that really was your stance all along, there really isn't a whole lot i find worthy of a "bashing" (by NFL fans) except the whole Eli saying "I'm at the same level as Brady" statement and you agreeing with him.

Keep in mind that whether or not Eli is currently the best is still a hotly contested topic. It's not a forgone conclusion by any means. In fact, I'm sure the majority of NFL fans out there still don't agree. I don't think public perception changed until after the 2011 season. Certainly not during. I'd say it's more correct to say if you were vindicated, you were vindicated after the 2011 season completed.

But, I don't think your statement of Eli being the best caused this thread to turn awesome. People just don't care anymore because Eli is playing brilliantly. It's when people reacted to some "why do you guys care so much" comments and started incorrectly attacking personal viewpoints etc etc is when it all started.. The majority of this thread isn't actually about whether or not people agree if Eli is the best.

Morehead State
09-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Ultimately this thread comes down to the same nonsense that most Eli threads do.
Some Giants fans (and sometimes it seems they are more Eli fans then Giants fans) just can't simply enjoy our team's success or our QB's success. They always have to try to stick it in the faces of their fellow Giants fans. All as if there are any true Giants fan out there who don't root hard for Eli and don't enjoy his and our team's success.

Its like dealing with a bunch of 6 year olds sometimes. Which again leads me to legitimately wonder if they are more interested in Eli's success or our beloved team's success.

Seems like they should save their scorn for Eagles or Cowboy's fans.

fansince69
09-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Ultimately this thread comes down to the same nonsense that most Eli threads do.
Some Giants fans (and sometimes it seems they are more Eli fans then Giants fans) just can't simply enjoy our team's success or our QB's success. They always have to try to stick it in the faces of their fellow Giants fans. All as if there are any true Giants fan out there who don't root hard for Eli and don't enjoy his and our team's success.

Its like dealing with a bunch of 6 year olds sometimes. Which again leads me to legitimately wonder if they are more interested in Eli's success or our beloved team's success.

Seems like they should save their scorn for Eagles or Cowboy's fans.

exactly....almost like they take it personally if every Giant fan does not blindly claim Eli is the greatest ever....most of us love Eli because he is a Giant.......there are far too many on here that give the impression they love the Giants because of Eli

GameTime
09-28-2012, 10:26 AM
its all "she said she said"......

fansince69
09-28-2012, 10:32 AM
its all "she said she said"......

I think you mean he said...she said...lol

Harooni
09-28-2012, 10:43 AM
probably not, He ios a good QB in the right situation , good coach and nice team around him. (this is why archie made sure he was on a good team) He also has a knack for the 2min drill.

gumby74
09-28-2012, 10:55 AM
exactly....almost like they take it personally if every Giant fan does not blindly claim Eli is the greatest ever....most of us love Eli because he is a Giant.......there are far too many on here that give the impression they love the Giants because of Eli

Which is why after 12-13 pages, there was no peep from skeptics except a "the only people that care are you guys". We love it because Eli is playing brilliantly. It doesn't make a difference if Eli is the best or not. My question to those people will be, if Eli got traded to another team, would they be as big of a Giants fan? If the answer is no, than they are no more Giants fans then Tebow fans are Jets fans. They are followers. Not fans.

FBomb
09-28-2012, 10:59 AM
I generally stay away from these kind of threads, but since I see gumby and 'rooni recently commented...it is my duty to respond.:rolleyes:

Eli probably ISN'T the best QB in the NFL....but so far this year he can be a part of the conversation.

Morehead State
09-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Which is why after 12-13 pages, there was no peep from skeptics except a "the only people that care are you guys". We love it because Eli is playing brilliantly. It doesn't make a difference if Eli is the best or not. My question to those people will be, if Eli got traded to another team, would they be as big of a Giants fan? If the answer is no, than they are no more Giants fans then Tebow fans are Jets fans. They are followers. Not fans.
I'm not prepared to go that far yet but it does seem that they have much more interest in Eli than the Giants.
A perfect example is a thread started after week one expressing "pride" in Eli that he didn't throw a pick. It was a game that we lost, and the offense looked absolutely dismal. I mean.."pride" in a statistical technicality when we lost so horribly at home.
My "pride" in Eli came in game 2 where he overcame a bad first half and lit it up in the 2nd half to win the game. Thats a game where he threw 3 picks. Thats something to be "proud" about.

Maybe its me but I just don't get it.

Harooni
09-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Which is why after 12-13 pages, there was no peep from skeptics except a "the only people that care are you guys". We love it because Eli is playing brilliantly. It doesn't make a difference if Eli is the best or not. My question to those people will be, if Eli got traded to another team, would they be as big of a Giants fan? If the answer is no, than they are no more Giants fans then Tebow fans are Jets fans. They are followers. Not fans. Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
exactly....almost like they take it personally if every Giant fan does not blindly claim Eli is the greatest ever....most of us love Eli because he is a Giant.......there are far too many on here that give the impression they love the Giants because of Eli"

well there are many Eli fans from ole miss that abandoned their nfl team to root for the giants, that has been no secret , when Eli leaves they will also.

BlueJayC
09-28-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm just here to answer the question..... yes.

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=2501770&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/2501770/caddyshack.html)

BuffyBlueII
09-28-2012, 11:11 AM
The end all be all of it is winning clutch games and SuperBowls and that is what Eli Manning will be remembered for more than anything else that he does in NFL. The way he performed in the playoffs and NE Patriots teams that he beat in SuperBowls. That is as of right now. He might lead us to win more SuperBowls before it is all over.

I still hear folks claim how lucky Eli Manning was in SuperBowl XLII and how it was because of the “smash mouth” defense in SuperBowl XLVI that we won. We haven’t had a “smash mouth” defense in over a decade. I guess the new thing is to make fun of his athletic ability. I just don’t understand how folks still put Eli Manning down but I want the folks to keep on because it appears that the more negativity that is said about our beloved leader, the better he performs.

The folks that are complaining about Eli Manning now will be crying after he retires. The guy is the greatest QB in the history of our franchise and it is damn straight that we as NY Giants fans should be singing his praises.

Morehead State
09-28-2012, 11:20 AM
The end all be all of it is winning clutch games and SuperBowls and that is what Eli Manning will be remembered for more than anything else that he does in NFL. The way he performed in the playoffs and NE Patriots teams that he beat in SuperBowls. That is as of right now. He might lead us to win more SuperBowls before it is all over.

I still hear folks claim how lucky Eli Manning was in SuperBowl XLII and how it was because of the “smash mouth” defense in SuperBowl XLVI that we won. We haven’t had a “smash mouth” defense in over a decade. I guess the new thing is to make fun of his athletic ability. I just don’t understand how folks still put Eli Manning down but I want the folks to keep on because it appears that the more negativity that is said about our beloved leader, the better he performs.

The folks that are complaining about Eli Manning now will be crying after he retires. The guy is the greatest QB in the history of our franchise and it is damn straight that we as NY Giants fans should be singing his praises.
Who in God's name is "complaining" about Eli right now?
Or is it your view that saying he's not the best QB in the NFL is "complaining"?

This is the kind of **** that drives me nuts. Its like you guys live in a parallel universe.

fansince69
09-28-2012, 11:24 AM

I do not hear anyone in this thread complaining about Eli....the complaining is about how some fans put him on a pedestal that seems higher than god

FBomb
09-28-2012, 11:28 AM
I do not hear anyone in this thread complaining about Eli....the complaining is about how some fans put him on a pedestal that seems higher than god

um....and how many SB MVP's does God have? The defense rests.:p

fansince69
09-28-2012, 11:31 AM
um....and how many SB MVP's does God have? The defende rests.:p
Damn Fbomb strikes again

fansince69
09-28-2012, 11:33 AM
um....and how many SB MVP's does God have? The defende rests.:p

Maybe it is Archie and Olivia we should be praising...Their offspring have 3

BurnerNYG
09-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Yeah "Eli only" fans are hilarious. We got a few Giants up for the HOF but you won't see any of them posting in that thread. I go back to the LT days, where I still think he's the greatest Giant untIl thIs current regime is completely over with and the torch is passed but an "Eli only" fan will not only quickly throw him under the bus but Simms, Strahan, Bavaro and all of the rest of the great Giants will be right under there with him.

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Did you guys know Eli was actually the first person who discovered the Americas?

fansince69
09-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Did you guys know Eli was actually the first person who discovered the Americas?

LOL

Morehead State
09-28-2012, 11:42 AM
...And was the ghost writer of the US Constitution. It was James Madison who changed the preamble to "We The People" from "I Eli".

Harooni
09-28-2012, 11:43 AM
One would think the best QB in the NFL knew how to execute a simple QB slide without flopping like a fish. But i guess im in the minority.

Morehead State
09-28-2012, 11:44 AM
One would think the best QB in the NFL knew how to execute a simple QB slide without flopping like a fish. But i guess im in the minority.
You gotta let that go my friend.

Harooni
09-28-2012, 11:46 AM
You gotta let that go my friend. its not a big deal unless he fumbles, but it is comical.

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm just patiently waiting for Eli to retire so we can get some cures for cancer and those pesky viruses that are always popping up. Very selfish of Reese to keep him busy.

fansince69
09-28-2012, 11:48 AM

That was the NONATHLETIC Eli

Morehead State
09-28-2012, 11:51 AM
its not a big deal unless he fumbles, but it is comical.
He did fumble..remember?

Morehead State
09-28-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm just patiently waiting for Eli to retire so we can get some cures for cancer and those pesky viruses that are always popping up. Very selfish of Reese to keep him busy.
How do you know he's not already working on that in his spare time?

fansince69
09-28-2012, 11:54 AM
How do you know he's not already working on that in his spare time?

Didn't you know that him and carr are doing that between plays when they appear to be looking at how the defense is set up?

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 11:56 AM
Didn't you know that him and carr are doing that between plays when they appear to be looking at how the defense is set up?

This would explain why our offense is so hot and cold. I think they would of found it out by now if it weren't for that pesky Gilbride always stirring his ladle in their work.

Harooni
09-28-2012, 11:58 AM
i will provide some things that show the reason why he may not quite be the best QB in the NFL.

1. Can't QB sneak
2. Bad QB Slide
3. Physique (his body resembles my 11 year old son in his batman pj's)
4. Hair
5 Lack of a touch pass
6. will sometimes leave a floater
7. leads his Receivers to get decked at times
8. Accuracy - tend to over throw high when he misses (although has improved in this area dramatically in the last 3 seasons)
9. Doesn't take enough sacks
10. leads the league in INT's since he became a starter
11. wears brown shoes with different color suits

fansince69
09-28-2012, 11:59 AM
This would explain why our offense is so hot and cold. I think they would of found it out by now if it weren't for that pesky Gilbride always stirring his ladle in their work.

damn now people will be complaining that Gibride not only can't call the right plays.....He is preventing the cure for cancer......where does all this end?

FBomb
09-28-2012, 12:00 PM
damn now people will be complaining that Gibride not only can't call the right plays.....He is preventing the cure for cancer......where does all this end?

Now we know why he's called Killdrive.

fansince69
09-28-2012, 12:01 PM
i will provide some things that show the reason why he may not quite be the best QB in the NFL.

1. Can't QB sneak
2. Bad QB Slide
4. Hair
5 Lack of a touch pass
8. Accuracy - tend to over throw high when he misses (although has improved in this area dramatically in the last 3 seasons)

12. he is the reason Tiki retired(that's for you Harooni)

Moke
09-28-2012, 12:01 PM

1. Can't QB sneak
2. Bad QB Slide
4. Hair
5 Lack of a touch pass

That's actually something people should be doing. Read the GQ harooni; I thought you'd be doing that already.

BurnerNYG
09-28-2012, 12:02 PM

1. Can't QB sneak
2. Bad QB Slide
4. Hair
5 Lack of a touch pass
11. wears brown shoes with different color suitsLMAO

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 12:03 PM

1. Can't QB sneak
2. Bad QB Slide
4. Hair
5 Lack of a touch pass

12. He was dissed by Justin Timberlake in 2008 and never stood up to him. He clearly doesn't have enough passion to be a top QB.

fansince69
09-28-2012, 12:04 PM

1. Can't QB sneak
2. Bad QB Slide
4. Hair
5 Lack of a touch pass

You left off...has been in league 8 yrs and ONLY 2 super bowl MVPs( the greatest would have 8)

Harooni
09-28-2012, 12:05 PM
That's actually something people should be doing. Read the GQ harooni; I thought you'd be doing that already. correction, he wears brown shoes with everything

Roosevelt
09-28-2012, 12:05 PM
I would have to say after the Panther game, you could certainly make that argument. He looked great the other night.

Morehead State
09-28-2012, 12:06 PM

1. Can't QB sneak
2. Bad QB Slide
4. Hair
5 Lack of a touch pass
For the sake of equal time...here's the reason he may be the best QB in the NFL.

1. Great clutch passer
2. Is made of synthetic composite rubbery substance, preventing injury.
3. Sure of himself.....Doesn't get caught up in the latest crazes...like working out.
4. Makes players around him better
5. Throws a nice deep ball.
6. Has great touch on the deep outs.
7. Ties a nice Windsor Knot
8. Is truly........"Unstoppable!"

Harooni
09-28-2012, 12:07 PM
12. He was dissed by Justin Timberlake in 2008 and never stood up to him. He clearly doesn't have enough passion to be a top QB. hahahaa

fansince69
09-28-2012, 12:08 PM
For the sake of equal time...here's the reason he may be the best QB in the NFL.

1. Great clutch passer
3. Sure of himself.....Doesn't get caught up in the latest crazes...like working out.

This is why i come to the message boards...because after you weed through all the crap....there is great entertainment buried here

Moke
09-28-2012, 12:09 PM
correction, he wears brown shoes with everything

Brown shoes with a nice bathing suit?

Harooni
09-28-2012, 12:09 PM

1. Great clutch passer
id agree, also add he thrives in the 2 min drill. he is a role model off the field , so yes there is a case for both sides.

fansince69
09-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Brown shoes with a nice bathing suit?

I heard he even wears brown shoes while having sex....but it is just a rumor

Moke
09-28-2012, 12:11 PM
I heard he even wears brown shoes while having sex....but it is just a rumor

Yeah, Abby told me that last night when she was over my house.

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Eli will be the next captain of the USS Enterprise.

Harooni
09-28-2012, 12:14 PM
I heard he even wears brown shoes while having sex....but it is just a rumor haha nice

now you see what Tiki meant he is comical. even the line men poke fun at him. its not mean spirited at all. its just he is an easy target.

fansince69
09-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Eli will be the next captain of the USS Enterprise.

The naval ship or Star trek?...my brother was stationed on the enterprise when they filmed TOP GUN and him and the crew all got to be in the movie(sorry the naval ship not star trek) lol

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 12:18 PM
The naval ship or Star trek?...my brother was stationed on the enterprise when they filmed TOP GUN and him and the crew all got to be in the movie(sorry the naval ship not star trek) lol

Both at the same time? I can't believe you have the audacity to think Eli can't be at two places at once. That's cool for your brother though. Ah Top Gun...so cheesy and over the top but you just can't keep your eyes off of it.

FBomb
09-28-2012, 12:18 PM

My Dad was in Stripes!!

fansince69
09-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Both at the same time? I can't believe you have the audacity to think Eli can't be at two places at once. That's cool for your brother though. Ah Top Gun...so cheesy and over the top but you just can't keep your eyes off of it.

I heard next year gilbride is working on a play where Eli fades back....fakes a hand off to himself...then throws the ball in the end zone and makes the catch himself..........FYI....good close up shot of my brothers face right at the end of the movie...

fansince69
09-28-2012, 12:23 PM
My Dad was in Stripes!!

seriously? cause I was being 100% serious

EnragedYouth85
09-28-2012, 12:25 PM
Um, well my family wasn't ever in any movie lol

My cousin did coach the Baltimore Orioles though.. (Dave Trembley)

SLUNK(three)AM
09-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Um, well my family wasn't ever in any movie lol

My cousin did coach the Baltimore Orioles though.. (Dave Trembley)

Why did I think of Ethan Tremblay from that movie with Robert Downey Jr?

FBomb
09-28-2012, 12:28 PM
seriously? cause I was being 100% serious

I was trying to be funny, but it is true. A lot of it was filmed in Louisville KY, and Fort Knox. ......where my family lives.

Harooni
09-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Why did I think of Ethan Tremblay from that movie with Robert Downey Jr? lmao

http://www.movie-vault.com/ckeditor/images/userfiles/images/Due_Date_12890049206588.jpg

EnragedYouth85
09-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Why did I think of Ethan Tremblay from that movie with Robert Downey Jr?

Not too sure, lol..

We are just a bunch of French Candian's that invaded upstate NY.. haha

burier
09-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Threads don't go further back then 2010 (There's a Giggles post saying Ben is better than Eli and it's 245 pages long), so i can't validate what you said. But something doesn't seem right. I don't think you would have gotten as much flak as you did had you said going into 2008 had you said Eli was very good QB and is a top 10 QB. The reason is because a lot of us skeptics would have agreed with you. If that was indeed your instance is that either I got you mixed up with other folks or something got lost in all the turmoil - very similar to what happened to me.

All in all, if that really was your stance all along, there really isn't a whole lot i find worthy of a "bashing" (by NFL fans) except the whole Eli saying "I'm at the same level as Brady" statement and you agreeing with him.

Keep in mind that whether or not Eli is currently the best is still a hotly contested topic. It's not a forgone conclusion by any means. In fact, I'm sure the majority of NFL fans out there still don't agree. I don't think public perception changed until after the 2011 season. Certainly not during. I'd say it's more correct to say if you were vindicated, you were vindicated after the 2011 season completed.

But, I don't think your statement of Eli being the best caused this thread to turn awesome. People just don't care anymore because Eli is playing brilliantly. It's when people reacted to some "why do you guys care so much" comments and started incorrectly attacking personal viewpoints etc etc is when it all started.. The majority of this thread isn't actually about whether or not people agree if Eli is the best.

Don't you think I wish I could go back to old threads. I've beent trying to get the mods to repost my "Theres something about Eli" Thread for the longest. If you can't remember you'll just have to take me at my word.

I'm usually right but sometimes I'm wrong and I'll admit it when I am. Here's a short list.

Pissed and moaned about Fassel being fired

Damanded Coughlin be fired on more than 1 occassion.

Called Corey Webster a bust

Called Corey Webster the next big thing in DBs.

That's all that's coming to mind right now but...Oh and when the Predict what Barden will do thread popped up I laughed at people saying he'd go over 100 yards.

edit: Oh and when I say I got flack for saying Eli was the best I don't mean to say that I got it from everyone. As I recall it was mostly you and Imgrate (He's got some sort of personal beef with me) I can't remember what MS was saying but I'm guessing he was in on it too.

Most people were like "Eli has played well...I wouldn't trade him for anyone yada yada yada"