PDA

View Full Version : Is Eli Manning The Best Quarterback in The NFL?

Pages : [1] 2

burier
09-25-2012, 11:16 AM
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/09/22/is-eli-manning-the-best-quarterback-in-the-nfl/

GameTime
09-25-2012, 11:18 AM
oh boy....here we go....

:popcorn::p

TroyArcher
09-25-2012, 11:19 AM
I don't know but he is good enough to win SuperBowls. I wouldn't trade him for anyone right now.

Laurah1275
09-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Opens door, sticks head in..."YES".....closes door.

GMan-67
09-25-2012, 11:27 AM
haha, i remember thinking, well Eli has now put the silly Elite discussions to bed, so we wont have to talk about Eli's place in the NFL this season

doh! .... i was wrong

1st let the media go on drooling over the 0-3 Brees, the 1-2 Brady and the 1-2* :) Rodgers ... those players are far more egotistical .... Eli just loves to play and compete ... he only worries about 1 trophy

but i will say this .... Best 4th Qtr. QB in the league and just like in the NBA ... the 4th Qtr. is what matters most

TheEnigma
09-25-2012, 11:28 AM
If we're just talking about this season so far, I have to go with Matt Ryan. He just made the 2-0 Chargers look like little boys on the road with his new no huddle offense. He's playing like Aaron Rodgers did last season. I do feel more comfortable with Eli in those pressure situations like against Tampa in Week 2 or in the playoffs which Ryan has yet to win a game. Should be an interesting season.

BurnerNYG
09-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Matt Ryan just got shutout a few months ago. Until I see what he can do in the playoffs I'm putting my money on Manning.

njersey
09-25-2012, 11:45 AM
I don't know but he is good enough to win SuperBowls. I wouldn't trade him for anyone right now.

He is the best quarterback for this team. For this City.

yoeddy
09-25-2012, 11:48 AM
He is elite and he is a Giant...that makes him the best QB in the NFL imho...

crossouttheeyes
09-25-2012, 12:26 PM
The simple answer is no. He's the best in the 4th quarter and he's got ice water in his veins, but Rodgers is still the best QB in the league. I wouldn't trade him for any other QB in the league however (would strongly consider Rodgers), but he's not the best.

If I had to make a list, this is what it would look like.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Eli Manning/Ben Roethlisberger
6. Tony Romo
7. Matt Ryan
8. Phillip Rivers
9. Peyton Manning
10. Matt Stafford

Right now I'd have Eli at 4th tied with Ben. Until Brees and Brady drop their level of play for more than 3 games I can't put Eli over them. Rodgers is gonna be the best for a long time, I can't see Eli surpassing him, but who knows. This list is overall, obviously not based off only this year.

GameTime
09-25-2012, 12:40 PM
The simple answer is no. He's the best in the 4th quarter and he's got ice water in his veins, but Rodgers is still the best QB in the league. I wouldn't trade him for any other QB in the league however (would strongly consider Rodgers), but he's not the best.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
6. Tony Romo
7. Matt Ryan
8. Phillip Rivers
9. Peyton Manning
10. Matt Stafford

Right now I'd have Eli at 4th tied with Ben. Until Brees and Brady drop their level of play for more than 3 games I can't put Eli over them. Rodgers is gonna be the best for a long time, I can't see Eli surpassing him, but who knows. This list is overall, obviously not based off only this year.
yeah but Rodgers is a ******.....lol
did you see him last night "unholster his imaginary gun" and blow on it when he ran for a first down. Please....take ur belt dance and lame celebrations and stick them.....Rosgers is a great QB but I will take Eli every day of the week.

burier
09-25-2012, 12:54 PM

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
6. Tony Romo
7. Matt Ryan
8. Phillip Rivers
9. Peyton Manning
10. Matt Stafford

This lists seems a bit overly influenced by....I don't know...ESPN or something.

Not sure how in good faith you could rank Tom Brady ahead of Eli.

crossouttheeyes
09-25-2012, 12:56 PM
yeah but Rodgers is a ******.....lol
did you see him last night "unholster his imaginary gun" and blow on it when he ran for a first down. Please....take ur belt dance and lame celebrations and stick them.....Rosgers is a great QB but I will take Eli every day of the week.
lol, he couldn't pull that one off at all. His celebrations get stale real quick.

The only reason I would consider it is because Rodgers is younger and I've never seen a QB come close to how consistently efficient he is while still making plays that wow me. I've only been watching football for 10 years or so, but I've seen a lot of great QBs, and none have impressed me as much as Rodgers (other than Eli's 2012 playoff run). Maybe it was because I was to young to understand how great Peyton was in his prime, but I feel like I'm watching something special when I watch Rodgers play. I'd still take Eli though. Any day of the week.

Rudyy
09-25-2012, 12:57 PM
As of right now, Eli is probably the second or third best QB in the game. I might put Matt Ryan and Matt Schaub ahead of him as of right now because of their stats, and their record.

Rusty192
09-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Right now Eli is.

He hasn't even played to his usual potential this year. against the Panthers we were destroying them so badly he left the game early.

Honestly, Rodgers hasn't impressed me like I thought he would so far, so I'm going with Eli.

crossouttheeyes
09-25-2012, 01:03 PM
This lists seems a bit overly influenced by....I don't know...ESPN or something.

Not sure how in good faith you could rank Tom Brady ahead of Eli.
My own list from watching them all play a decent amount of games. What other problems do you have with it? RIght now I still think Brady is the better QB than Eli. He's coming off one of his best seasons and he hasn't shown enough to make me think he's seriously regressing yet. I do think Eli will surpass Brady and Brees sooner than later, but right now, they're still better QBs imo. I always have trouble deciding between who I think is better between Ben and Eli, I love both of their games. As much as I hate him, Romo is deadly, and just needs a superbowl to be tied with Ben and Eli. As for the rest of them, I think Ryan and Stafford are on the rise and Rivers and Peyton on the decline, but I still think these are the ten best QBs in the league.

NYtoSanDiego
09-25-2012, 01:05 PM

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
6. Tony Romo
7. Matt Ryan
8. Phillip Rivers
9. Peyton Manning
10. Matt Stafford

only problem i have with that list is Rodgers at #1. the giants exposed it in the playoffs and pretty much any team with a pass rush and avg DB will exploit the packers this season. rodgers looked good in their SB run to their 15-1 start in 2011, but teams realized if they took away his sideline throws and made him go through his progressions a different rodgers would come out. during their run he was at his best getting the ball out to his first read during pre-snap, or max protect p/a to a single read deep. if you make him go through progressions without a check down to throw to results in either a sack or a qb run. during their 2011 run i rarely saw his helmet scan the field like brady or brees and even eli, it was look one way and throw. that's what happened last night and that's what happened in week 1 against the niners and against the giants in the playoffs. so, mr. discount double check with funger gun first downs should've worked at his progression reads in the off season cause he is looking like an avg qb.

as far as eli being the best... right now i would've have to say yes even with the three int against the bucs. i think the league and fans are starting to realize he doesn't need a fitzgerald or johnson to throw to and i'm not knocking nicks or cruz, but the national game against the panthers where no analyst picked them to win showed what he can do without having his regulars playing. if he continues at this current pace he is a sure vote for MVP.

i hate to bring this up again but i posted a thread after SB46 that i was no longer pissed about the 08 season and plax ruining a repeat. the best thing out of that was the giants had to draft a WR, if plax doesn't shoot himself we would've had an older and slower plax in 2011 and 2012. i truly believe we are in better position now to win another SB in the next 3 to 5 years versus if the plax thing didn't happen.

burier
09-25-2012, 01:05 PM
As of right now, Eli is probably the second or third best QB in the game. I might put Matt Ryan and Matt Schaub ahead of him as of right now because of their stats, and their record.

You really think that Shaub and Ryan are better players?

Bing Crosby
09-25-2012, 01:08 PM
He was the best last week. I think if he continues that trend for the rest of the year, and if he plays powerful and steady well other don't play up to their last year performance (for example Brees) then there is a good chance that Eli could come away with an MVP award. But before we all celebrate and declare Eli a clinch for the reward lets remember this is week 4 now, not week 14. A lot of things are going to happen still this season,

Rudyy
09-25-2012, 01:09 PM
You really think that Shaub and Ryan are better players? I don't know why I said Schaub, but you can make the case for Ryan.

Matt Ryan: 8 Touchdowns, 1 Interception, 72 Cmp%

Again, that's of RIGHT NOW. Eli is probably second.

burier
09-25-2012, 01:13 PM
I think if we're just gonna pull up stats and say...after three weeks this is how the QBs rank...I don't really think that's the question. I think we have consider the totality of the player. If Tom Brady throws 4 picks sunday do we drop him to 28th on the list?

giantsfan420
09-25-2012, 01:14 PM
yup. i have said for sometime now this would be the year eli elevates above the other few elite QB. Based on just the eye test from this season, I'd have to say Ryan and Eli are neck in neck.
Eli is leading the league in yards, has an awesome qb rating, but more importantly, he's given us legimate shots at winning each game despite the flaws that were so fatal. the week 1 loss, we barely lost bc eli was playing good. had one other person, cruz or nicks had a bigger game, we win.

but yeah all that said, its subjective but its getting more n more objective. even my packers friends have said eli is playing better than rodgers this year. what qb is playing better? Ryan is playing on his level so I'd go 1a 1b whoever first. i also said this offseason we were a 12 win team bc i fully expected eli to play all reg season and playoffs as he played the final 6 games last year and so far he has. i actually said he'd play at even higher level, and u can kinda see he's pushing to do so, or at least vs TB 1rst half, he was really pushing too much which resulted in an off half. it was when he went back to being aggressive within the situation that that changed. yeah eli will clearly be MVP by seasons end imo and ranked by ESPN as the best Qb which will lead to everyone else catching up with some of us who knew this from the start.

GameTime
09-25-2012, 01:15 PM
lol, he couldn't pull that one off at all. His celebrations get stale real quick.

The only reason I would consider it is because Rodgers is younger and I've never seen a QB come close to how consistently efficient he is while still making plays that wow me. I've only been watching football for 10 years or so, but I've seen a lot of great QBs, and none have impressed me as much as Rodgers (other than Eli's 2012 playoff run). Maybe it was because I was to young to understand how great Peyton was in his prime, but I feel like I'm watching something special when I watch Rodgers play. I'd still take Eli though. Any day of the week.
no doubt....he is top NFL QB.....

BurnerNYG
09-25-2012, 01:16 PM
People talking about Rodgers being the best when Matt Flynn came in last year and put up gaudy numbers too. Rodgers might be a system QB for all we know.

Rudyy
09-25-2012, 01:16 PM
I think if we're just gonna pull up stats and say...after three weeks this is how the QBs rank...I don't really think that's the question. I think we have consider the totality of the player. If Tom Brady throws 4 picks sunday do we drop him to 28th on the list? Then you can't really say who the best quarterback is, since it's only been three weeks. You kinda have to pull up stats.

giantsfan420
09-25-2012, 01:17 PM
also, ppl always overlook how eli doesnt miss games. that is so huge...just saying

burier
09-25-2012, 01:18 PM
yup. i have said for sometime now this would be the year eli elevates above the other few elite QB. Based on just the eye test from this season, I'd have to say Ryan and Eli are neck in neck.
Eli is leading the league in yards, has an awesome qb rating, but more importantly, he's given us legimate shots at winning each game despite the flaws that were so fatal. the week 1 loss, we barely lost bc eli was playing good. had one other person, cruz or nicks had a bigger game, we win.

but yeah all that said, its subjective but its getting more n more objective. even my packers friends have said eli is playing better than rodgers this year. what qb is playing better? Ryan is playing on his level so I'd go 1a 1b whoever first. i also said this offseason we were a 12 win team bc i fully expected eli to play all reg season and playoffs as he played the final 6 games last year and so far he has. i actually said he'd play at even higher level, and u can kinda see he's pushing to do so, or at least vs TB 1rst half, he was really pushing too much which resulted in an off half. it was when he went back to being aggressive within the situation that that changed. yeah eli will clearly be MVP by seasons end imo and ranked by ESPN as the best Qb which will lead to everyone else catching up with some of us who knew this from the start.

I hear what you're saying but Ryan doesn't deserve to be mentioned with Eli Manning based on 3 weeks of play. That's way over the top. Ryan doesn't have the credentials. Last year he was a boarderline top 10 qb. 3 games into this season he leapfrogged passed elite status to being one of the 2 best in the league? I'm gonna go ahead and say nahh.

I think this conversation should be about the elite 5. Rogers, Brees, Brady, and the Manning brothers.

crossouttheeyes
09-25-2012, 01:19 PM
only problem i have with that list is Rodgers at #1. the giants exposed it in the playoffs and pretty much any team with a pass rush and avg DB will exploit the packers this season. rodgers looked good in their SB run to their 15-1 start in 2011, but teams realized if they took away his sideline throws and made him go through his progressions a different rodgers would come out. during their run he was at his best getting the ball out to his first read during pre-snap, or max protect p/a to a single read deep. if you make him go through progressions without a check down to throw to results in either a sack or a qb run. during their 2011 run i rarely saw his helmet scan the field like brady or brees and even eli, it was look one way and throw. that's what happened last night and that's what happened in week 1 against the niners and against the giants in the playoffs. so, mr. discount double check with funger gun first downs should've worked at his progression reads in the off season cause he is looking like an avg qb.

as far as eli being the best... right now i would've have to say yes even with the three int against the bucs. i think the league and fans are starting to realize he doesn't need a fitzgerald or johnson to throw to and i'm not knocking nicks or cruz, but the national game against the panthers where no analyst picked them to win showed what he can do without having his regulars playing. if he continues at this current pace he is a sure vote for MVP.

i hate to bring this up again but i posted a thread after SB46 that i was no longer pissed about the 08 season and plax ruining a repeat. the best thing out of that was the giants had to draft a WR, if plax doesn't shoot himself we would've had an older and slower plax in 2011 and 2012. i truly believe we are in better position now to win another SB in the next 3 to 5 years versus if the plax thing didn't happen.
He does love those sideline throws, but I've seen him spread the ball around and go through his progressions in the past. I'm mostly talking about the 2010 playoff run, which was probably the best quarterback play I've ever seen in a 4 game stretch (that or Eli's 2011 playoffs). His ability to make plays out of the pocket also contributes to my ranking. After 2011, I have a hard time putting anybody over him, but you could very well be right. I'll start watching him going through his progressions more carefully.

And I know Matt Ryan is having a great season so far, and I think he is a very good QB, but lets wait a little while before crowning him best in the league.

Rudyy
09-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Are you asking who is the best quarterback so far this year?

BuffyBlueII
Ever since the next to last game of last regular season, Eli Manning has been top QB in NFL.Eli Manning along with Tom Brady do more with less than anu other QBs in NFL. This is a huge part of what seperates them from the rest.The only QB I would consider up there with Eli Manning right now is Tom Brady. Granted, the season is young and a lot can happen but I really think Eli makes a statement this season and wins NFL MVP.

Laurah1275
also, ppl always overlook how eli doesnt miss games. that is so huge...just sayingThank you...+1...good QB'ing 101

BurnerNYG
09-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Peyton has a losing playoff record and his arm and neck is done. Move on to the next guy please.

Morehead State
09-25-2012, 01:21 PM
It never ends with you people.

Morehead isn't biting.

NYFG
09-25-2012, 01:22 PM
He is not the best QB in the NFL. He is top 5 but I am glad and proud that he is a New York Football Giant. I wouldn't want anyone else.

burier
09-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Then you can't really say who the best quarterback is, since it's only been three weeks. You kinda have to pull up stats.

Im saying we should consider a players entire body of work not just there most recent 3 games. Stats are fine as a tool not an end all be all and I think you need a larger sample than 3 games.

TheEnigma
09-25-2012, 01:23 PM
The article in the OP talks about the 2012 season and how the QBs theoretically rank at this point. Eli has been impressive in the Tampa Bay game with the 4th quarter comeback but Matt Ryan has traveled to two hostile locations and made those teams look like a joke with a new offensive system he has had to learn over the offseason. When you talk about the 2012 season, nothing else in the past matters except what has happened through Week 3. The good thing that should be taken out of this though is the fact Eli is around the top 5 once again two seasons in a row. The Giants have a good enough team to where we don't need Eli to be an MVP as long as he gets a little help here and there.

Rudyy
09-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Im saying we should consider a players entire body of work not just there most recent 3 games. Stats are fine as a tool not an end all be all and I think you need a larger sample than 3 games. So you don't mean just this year. Ok I got it, I was confused.

burier
09-25-2012, 01:25 PM

Morehead isn't biting.

Aww come on be a sport and nibble.

ny06
09-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Naming the best qb in the NFL can be up for debate. Everyone has different opinions on that subject. But I think we can all agree, with the game on the line who would you want playing qb on your team. I would choose Eli Manning without a second thought.

GameTime
09-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Eli is the best and if anybody says anything different I will throw a fit and cry.......:angry:

fansince69
09-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Does it really matter who is the best?

All I know is that in the NY market with the media and fans...it takes a certain mentality to not get too high or too low.....Some people seem to function at their best when the lights are the brightest and the situation seems the most adverse

There are very few people ,let alone QBs that can handle this situation

I am not sure Eli is the best QB at the moment or if he ever will be

But he is the best QB for this team and this situation and I am glad we have him and we will all miss him when the next Dave Brown steps in

bigjeep
09-25-2012, 01:39 PM
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/09/22/is-eli-manning-the-best-quarterback-in-the-nfl/

Dumb question, best in the league right now!

PS -- One bad game and --------?

bigjeep
09-25-2012, 01:41 PM
He is not the best QB in the NFL. He is top 5 but I am glad and proud that he is a New York Football Giant. I wouldn't want anyone else.

Those are fighting words, He's # 1

fansince69
09-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Those are fighting words, He's # 1

to be honest I doubt Eli even cares....the ONLY thing he cares about is being the Number 1 team

bigjeep
09-25-2012, 01:44 PM

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
6. Tony Romo
7. Matt Ryan
8. Phillip Rivers
9. Peyton Manning
10. Matt Stafford

1. Eli Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Tony Romo
7. Matt Ryan
8. Arron Rogers
9. Peyton Manning
10. Matt Stafford

crossouttheeyes
09-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Does it really matter who is the best?

All I know is that in the NY market with the media and fans...it takes a certain mentality to not get too high or too low.....Some people seem to function at their best when the lights are the brightest and the situation seems the most adverse

There are very few people ,let alone QBs that can handle this situation

I am not sure Eli is the best QB at the moment or if he ever will be

But he is the best QB for this team and this situation and I am glad we have him and we will all miss him when the next Dave Brown steps in
Pretty much this.

The NFL is spoiled right now with the amount of high level QB play in the league right now. Any one of these can light it up on any given day or stretch of days. Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Tony Romo, Phillip Rivers, Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, Peyton Manning, Matthew Stafford, and Joe Flacco are all very good quarterbacks who can carry their teams to victory when needed. I don't think we've ever had this many quality guys in the league. It's not slowing down either. Christian Ponder, Andy Dalton, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton, RGIII, and Andrew Luck are all young guys with a ton of potential who I see developing into good QBs pretty soon. I'm a huge fan of passing and quarterback play, so there's no better time for me to be watching the NFL than right now. That said, it's extremely hard to pick a definitive number 1 QB in the league right now. There are just so many good ones.

ny06
09-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Pretty much this. The NFL is spoiled right now with the amount of high level QB play in the league right now.

Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Tony Romo, Phillip Rivers, Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, Peyton Manning, Matthew Stafford, and Joe Flacco are all very good quarterbacks who can carry their teams to victory when needed. I don't think we've ever had this many quality guys in the league. It's not slowing down either. Christian Ponder, Andy Dalton, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton, RGIII, and Andrew Luck are all young guys with a ton of potential who I see developing into good QBs pretty soon. I'm a huge fan of passing and quarterback play, so there's no better time for me to be watching the NFL than right now.
You have to factor into the equation the changing of rules in the game. QB's of the past would give there left arms to be able to play in this pass friendly league they have now.

ryan12
09-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Eli is the best and if anybody says anything different I will throw a fit and cry.......:angry:

lmfao

ryan12
09-25-2012, 01:53 PM
to be honest I doubt Eli even cares....the ONLY thing he cares about is being the Number 1 team

good point he doesnt care about flash and stats he cares that by the end of his year his hands are full with superbowl rings

crossouttheeyes
09-25-2012, 01:55 PM
You have to factor into the equation the changing of rules in the game. QB's of the past would give there left arms to be able to play in this pass friendly league they have now.
This is true. I'm not really old enough to remember football before the rule changes, but even comparing now to the early and mid 2000s guys like Jake Delhomme, Dante Culpepper, and Donavan McNabb were top 7 QBs for a little while. Most of the guys I listed are better than those three and some of them aren't even top 10 quarterbacks right now. I don't know if this all has to do with the rule changes or the fact that there is just a ton of talent at QB right now in the NFL.

Rusty192
09-25-2012, 01:55 PM
He is not the best QB in the NFL. He is top 5 but I am glad and proud that he is a New York Football Giant. I wouldn't want anyone else.This seems to be the typical response to this kind of topic by the majority of members on the GMB. Safe, while not putting themselves out there, and always being prefaced with: "but I wouldn't want anyone else!"...

jax5338
09-25-2012, 01:57 PM
this is a never-ending debate which can vary week to week based on who played the best/worst game last week. he's definitely in the top tier.

one thing that IS clear to me however is that aaron rodgers is not dominant anymore. i think the book is out on that packers offense and teams like the giants are to thank.

crossouttheeyes
09-25-2012, 02:01 PM
this is a never-ending debate which can vary week to week based on who played the best/worst game last week. he's definitely in the top tier.

one thing that IS clear to me however is that aaron rodgers is not dominant anymore. i think the book is out on that packers offense and teams like the giants are to thank.
I wouldn't be so quick to say that. It's been three games, I'd like to see a bigger sample size before deciding he's not an elite quarterback. He's still deadly accurate can extend the play out of the pocket, and has a rocket arm. I think he'll adjust.

gumby74
09-25-2012, 02:07 PM
The only people that care are yourself and a small handful of others here.

You guys are out of control...

EliDaMANning
09-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Yes he is the best in my opinion. I was saying this last year along with several other posters.

burier
09-25-2012, 02:17 PM
The only people that care are yourself and a small handful of others here.

You guys are out of control...

I assume you're talking to me...lol

This must be rough for you....all that Eli bashing keeps getting thrown back in your face. But you known if you'd just eat a little crow on the subject you wouldn 't have to get all upset anytime Eli does something positive.

giantsfan420
09-25-2012, 02:19 PM
has anyone thrown a fit or cried when someone doesnt think he's the best qb in the league? i swear i dont get it, its ( and not saying u specifically) almost as if some posters like the idea that people who are big eli fans consider ppl who dont these scumbags like we're eli nazis. if anyone says an inaccurate statement, ur going to get a debate. on an opinion like whose 1, burier for example did nothing but present why he felt the other stance wasnt the truth.

giantsfan420
09-25-2012, 02:21 PM
gumby, u realize that ur one of like 4 ppl who believe that right? seems to me theres a bunch of people having a convo about a topic they find interesting. ur the 2nd poster to make that kind of statement in a thread of like 70 posts lmfao

this is just my personal opinion but i believe you and a few others hold that sentiment purely bc u know how inaccurate some statemens u have made were and that the debate if eli is 1 is a viable topic, which destroys like 4 yrs of u saying otherwise...if YOU dont like the topic, thats great, dont go saying how everyone feels like u bc really its just u and literally like 4 others who think this topic is whack and that its only a few who find the topic interesting

giantsfan420
09-25-2012, 02:23 PM
perfect example, MS literally believed this thread is some sort of trap or setup to get him riled up. like lmfao, no. ppl just find this topic intersting, clearly its been discussed here a ton for a reason

ryan12
09-25-2012, 02:23 PM
im not sure if he is the best talent wise but i wouldnt trade him for any other qb in the nfl

giantsfan420
09-25-2012, 02:25 PM
jax. with GB's offense, they literally have no balance. they pass like 80%, and last night ran it TWICE the entire first half and one of the rushes was a rodgers scramble. u do that, teams will tee off on u. defenses just completely stopped respecting their run game and just rush the passer non stop

burier
09-25-2012, 02:27 PM
perfect example, MS literally believed this thread is some sort of trap or setup to get him riled up. like lmfao, no. ppl just find this topic intersting, clearly its been discussed here a ton for a reason

WAH! No one cares! But what fan of any team in any sport isn't gonna want to debate where players on their favorite team rank? That's part of the fun of it. It only becomes unfun when you've been firing off at the mouth and have been proven wrong.

nygfanmaybe
09-25-2012, 02:33 PM

Some people actually think this MB is all about them and not the Giants...

TheAnalyst
09-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Is he the best QB in the league? Probably not.
Is he the best QB in the 4th quarter? By a mile.
Would I trade him for any other QB? Not a chance.

Honestly, a few years ago I would think I was crazy saying I wouldnt take Brady or Rodgers over Eli, but I 100% would not right now. Eli is in the prime of his career and while he may not be as consistant as those other top QBs, he is deadly in the clutch when these other QBs really are behind him. And that is what wins championships. And that is what matters. Besides, I think players like Ben and Rodgers and Brady would be eaten up by the NY media and spit back out and it would effect their performances, while Easy E stays cool.

Laurah1275
09-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Yes Yes YES!!! Eli is the BEST in the NFL. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Everyone keep it in your head as a given. :)

Roswell777
09-25-2012, 02:46 PM
I used to think Brees was better. Not anymore. Rodgers, Brady, maybe. i definitely wouldnt trade Eli for Brady at this point.

There isn't a QB that I can think of that I would rather have in the fourth quarter. And one more huge performance in the 4th qtr of a Super Bowl win and he would have to be considered the most clutch QB ever.

gumby74
09-25-2012, 03:00 PM
I assume you're talking to me...lol

This must be rough for you....all that Eli bashing keeps getting thrown back in your face. But you known if you'd just eat a little crow on the subject you wouldn 't have to get all upset anytime Eli does something positive.

Did you really think I cared? Haha. I just want to win, baby. As for eating crow, there is no crow to be eaten. The problem with the Eli groupies is that a while back, many of "you" were unable to differentiate posters that were trolls and those that weren't. Thus, those of us that said currently (at that point in time) Eli as a very good QB, or was inconsistent, or whatever, was grouped with the people that said Eli sucked and needed to be traded. Those are very different statements. One requires crow eating and the other doesn't.

Edit: And talking about Eli all the time is very much why millions of people love to discuss Tim Tebow. People generally don't have anything against Tebow, but it's his fans that make things entertaining to talk about.

GameTime
09-25-2012, 03:03 PM
oh ****....
here we go.....
mods dump this thread before people start pissing and moaning at each other....
oh wait....they already have....

you guys are nuts.....

fansince69
09-25-2012, 03:06 PM
oh ****....
here we go.....

you guys are nuts.....

I 2nd it

TheEnigma
09-25-2012, 03:08 PM
oh ****....
here we go.....

you guys are nuts.....

I've been an advocate of just having one thread dedicated to Eli Manning to avoid multiple threads about the same stuff that is said over and over. Sticky it and have it heavily regulated. It'll blast off to a 100 pages easily in a week.

CDN_G-FAN
09-25-2012, 03:10 PM
its such a difficult question to answer because there's alot of different ways to evaluate it.

if i had one game to play, today, that i had to win i'd pick Eli over any other QB in the league.

if i had to pick who the best quarterback is in the league based on their play over the last few years, its definitely not Eli.

If i had to pick best quarterback career in the NFL right now, it's not eli.

best QB to win a non-playoff game, not eli either.

too many different ways to skin this cat.

Eliscruzzz
09-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Yes he is......

GentleGiant
09-25-2012, 03:15 PM
He's consistent and he doesn't whine. Nuff said.

burier
09-25-2012, 03:15 PM
I'd take Joe Montana to drive me down the field if I needed save a game.

I'd take Eli Manning to drive me down the field if I needed to save my life.

Laurah1275
09-25-2012, 03:17 PM
oh ****....
here we go.....

you guys are nuts.....instigator :)

CDN_G-FAN
09-25-2012, 03:20 PM

Honestly, a few years ago I would think I was crazy saying I wouldnt take Brady or Rodgers over Eli, but I 100% would not right now. Eli is in the prime of his career and while he may not be as consistant as those other top QBs, he is deadly in the clutch when these other QBs really are behind him. And that is what wins championships. And that is what matters. Besides, I think players like Ben and Rodgers and Brady would be eaten up by the NY media and spit back out and it would effect their performances, while Easy E stays cool.

GREAT POST.

Definitely underappreciated is the intensity of the NY media. Ben can't handle a backwater frat party without getting into trouble, he wouldn't last 15 minutes in NY.

Eli is absolutely perfect specifically for this market.

GameTime
09-25-2012, 03:22 PM
instigator :)
no....peace maker....

I did ask to have the thread deleted to protect the innocent....

fansince69
09-25-2012, 03:24 PM
no....peace maker....

It cant be deleted till it hits at least 10 pages

crossouttheeyes
09-25-2012, 03:28 PM

I honestly don't think any of these these three would have a problem in New York, well other than Ben's whole scandal. Brady and Rodgers would be fine though. I could have seen it rattling Brady earlier in his career, New England was the perfect place for him. Rodgers would be a media darling and I don't think the criticism would shake him. Obviously Eli has the perfect personality for New York and this Giants team. I just don't think the other QBs would have as big as a problem as people say they would.

jax5338
09-25-2012, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to say that. It's been three games, I'd like to see a bigger sample size before deciding he's not an elite quarterback. He's still deadly accurate can extend the play out of the pocket, and has a rocket arm. I think he'll adjust.

didnt say he wasnt elite. he certainly still is. he is just not dominant like last year where he could march down the field with ease. i just think he's not the guy people thought he was last year now that teams have a better understanding of their offense.

burier
09-25-2012, 03:32 PM
no....peace maker....

you call trying to get threads deleted for no reason keeping peace? Interesting.

GameTime
09-25-2012, 03:34 PM
you call trying to get threads deleted for no reason keeping peace? Interesting.

yeah....hate to see the same old BS betweeen the same old BSrs....
You guys have great stuff to offer( I mena that) when you arent pissing and moaning to each other. If you call that interesting then so be it.
Have fun......

GiantWarfare
09-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Through 3 games, Eli certainly has a case...

Kruunch
09-25-2012, 03:40 PM

Simply yes.

burier
09-25-2012, 03:42 PM
yeah....hate to see the same old BS betweeen the same old BSrs....
You guys have great stuff to offer( I mena that) when you arent pissing and moaning to each other. If you call that interesting then so be it.
Have fun......

kinda of abrasive for a peace keeper is all I'm saying. Sometimes the best way to keep the peace is to stay out of threads you don't enjoy.

GameTime
09-25-2012, 03:43 PM
kinda of abrasive for a peace keeper is all I'm saying. Sometimes the best way to keep the peace is to stay out of threads you don't enjoy.

yeah I guess your right.......

maverick is punching out.....

Mohann
09-25-2012, 03:44 PM
It's so hard to rate QB's. Romo is in a QB friendly system, Eli isn't. How much are either of their number affected by them? There is no way to know. A stat comparison is irrelevant, and stat comparisons are overrated by many. Wins are a flawed stat too, but they are the ultimate goal and the QB is the most important player. He touches the ball every offensive play, gets people in place, and changes the call if he's trusted by coaches. (Early in their careers Eli was given the full playbook and Ben was sheltered. It was easier for Ben to put up the stats people love, but now Eli's doing stuff pre-snap that few QB's are.) Intangibles are very important and don't show in stats, and Eli's are through the roof. he has a knack for not just being clutch, but heroicly, backbreaking. Plays that take all the air out of the other team, you know, the kind of plays that decide big games. And he doesn't do it alone. He inspires his teammates to do it with him, by believing in them and letting them know. EA said it in his scouting report, Eli has magic. He's a team leader, not an O leader. He's as good as anyone at winning the SB, so I consider him as good as anyone. Rodgers, Brees, Eli, Brady, maybe Peyton, are tied for #1.

And i LOLed when I saw how fast this bad article got 8 pages of responses.

Diamondring
09-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Eli is the best cause he is Superbowl Champion qb and his play in the playoffs last year was amazing and he is looking good so far this year.

fansince69
09-25-2012, 03:46 PM

I"M sorry I agree with Gametime...this thread was enjoyable....the first 300 times it has been debated ...although it always is worded slightly different....all it does is start fights everytime

Mohann
09-25-2012, 03:51 PM
didnt say he wasnt elite. he certainly still is. he is just not dominant like last year where he could march down the field with ease. i just think he's not the guy people thought he was last year now that teams have a better understanding of their offense.

Even though he's leading the league in passing yards by over 100 yds after 3 games? he's thrown for over 1000 yds, what does he have to do to impress you? lol.

burier
09-25-2012, 03:55 PM
I"M sorry I agree with Gametime...this thread was enjoyable....the first 300 times it has been debated ...although it always is worded slightly different....all it does is start fights everytime

No offense but this thread is already 9 pages long and the only thing close to a fight has been instigated by posters wanting to shut the thread down.

crossouttheeyes
09-25-2012, 03:55 PM
I hate the Cowboys and I hate Romo, but I can't help but respect the way he plays the game. Romo has made all Dallas's receivers just like Eli has made NYG's. Romo is probably the only other QB in the league who has taken as much undeserved crap as Eli. He's deadly efficient, very accurate, has a ridiculous release and he knows how to extend plays. Watching him play, he's easily a top 7 QB in the league and I'm nervous every time he has the ball in his hands against us. The dude can flat out ball. He hasn't come through in the clutch, and a lot of that has been magnified. If he had the signature win I think he'd be unanimously thought of as an elite QB. I hope the Cowboys are stupid enough to listen to the talking heads and run him out of town over something trivial like they almost have done 5 times. I do agree on your tie for #1, except for Peyton. His arm just doesn't look the same.

fansince69
09-25-2012, 03:58 PM
No offense but this thread is already 9 pages long and the only thing close to a fight has been instigated by posters wanting to shut the thread down.

No offense but there are 2 other Eli threads currently running...it just gets old after a while is all I am saying

Diamondring
09-25-2012, 03:59 PM
I"M sorry I agree with Gametime...this thread was enjoyable....the first 300 times it has been debated ...although it always is worded slightly different....all it does is start fights everytimeWell there is always a new year and this is it so there is no wrong to talk about this. We are talking about right now. Yet we should know things change as well. As a matter of fact, this is about talking about Giants football, so there are not that many things to talk about. I have seen some other types of topics on this board. You are going to talk about what type of offense that fits our plays, rating our players etc.

NYtoSanDiego
09-25-2012, 04:00 PM

i'm rodgers fan and when he's playing well its a sight to see but he had all the off season to adjust. he still has issues when the defense takes away his first read and that's what he thrived on in their SB run and in 2011 going 15-1. it was pre-snap read and throw. the giants in the divisional game took away the sideline throws and made him go inside to his 2nd and 3rd reads and he didn't look like rodgers of the past 21 games. the giants did it, then the niners and now seattle.

Diamondring
09-25-2012, 04:01 PM
No offense but there are 2 other Eli threads currently running...it just gets old after a while is all I am sayingWell then football has got to be old too you as well cause this is what we all talk about on this Forum.

fansince69
09-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Well then football has got to be old too you as well cause this is what we all talk about on this Forum.

You are right ....I stand corrected

burier
09-25-2012, 04:04 PM
I hate the Cowboys and I hate Romo, but I can't help but respect the way he plays the game. Romo has made all Dallas's receivers just like Eli has made NYG's. Romo is probably the only other QB in the league who has taken as much undeserved crap as Eli. He's deadly efficient, very accurate, has a ridiculous release and he knows how to extend plays. Watching him play, he's easily a top 7 QB in the league and I'm nervous every time he has the ball in his hands against us. The dude can flat out ball. He hasn't come through in the clutch, and a lot of that has been magnified. If he had the signature win I think he'd be unanimously thought of as an elite QB. I hope the Cowboys are stupid enough to listen to the talking heads and run him out of town over something trivial like they almost have done 5 times. I do agree on your tie for #1, except for Peyton. His arm just doesn't look the same.

I think Romo is an impressive player who falls in that second tier of Quarterbacks...with Rivers, Flacco, Ryan Rothlisburger etc.

He's just lacking in the feats department.

His playoff resume is so thin its actually an indictment on him as a player

He doesn't have the spectacular comebacks Though I do believe he's pulled out his fair share in the 4th quarter wins.

He's gotta to eliminate games like the one he had against Detroit last season to be taken seriously.

crossouttheeyes
09-25-2012, 04:05 PM
i'm rodgers fan and when he's playing well its a sight to see but he had all the off season to adjust. he still has issues when the defense takes away his first read and that's what he thrived on in their SB run and in 2011 going 15-1. it was pre-snap read and throw. the giants in the divisional game took away the sideline throws and made him go inside to his 2nd and 3rd reads and he didn't look like rodgers of the past 21 games. the giants did it, then the niners and now seattle.
I agree, granted, the last 4 defenses he played were 4 of the best in the NFL. That's no excuse, defenses adjusted to him and it took 21 games, what we saw against the 9ers and Seahawks might be the real Aaron Rodgers and he has definitely looked out of rhythm as of late, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt due to his track record.

I think Romo is an impressive player who falls in that second tier of Quarterbacks...with Rivers, Flacco, Ryan Rothlisburger etc.

He's just lacking in the feats department.

His playoff resume is so thin its actually an indictment on him as a player

He doesn't have the spectacular comebacks Though I do believe he's pulled out his fair share in the 4th quarter wins.

He's gotta to eliminate games like the one he had against Detroit last season to be taken seriously.
I agree, but the Detroit game was one game, I'll cut him some slack. Eli's had his fair share of those, granted, not recently. Romo does have to put up or shut up, but his lack of a postseason resume is mostly due to the Cowboys being a bad team and not him. He has choked in a few big spots, but lately he's been on his game in must wins. Eli has just out dueled him. I hope he never gets those wins or the respect he deserves, but the dude can play and I'd probably only take 5 or 6 QBs before him. He's definitely better than Flacco, but the rest of that tier is accurate (Rivers may drop out of it if he keeps playing this badly). I just think he gets a lot of undue hate, like Eli before this year. Dude can ball and I hope things keep being dysfunctional in Dallas, because if they don't, he'll eventually get his shot, and that won't be good for us.

Drez
09-25-2012, 04:24 PM
its such a difficult question to answer because there's alot of different ways to evaluate it.

if i had one game to play, today, that i had to win i'd pick Eli over any other QB in the league.

if i had to pick who the best quarterback is in the league based on their play over the last few years, its definitely not Eli.

If i had to pick best quarterback career in the NFL right now, it's not eli.

best QB to win a non-playoff game, not eli either.

too many different ways to skin this cat.
The way I look at it is so little separates the top 5 or so QBs. There are very valid reasons ranking any of the above or below the others. The fact that Eli is legitimately in the conversation is fantastic for the Giants and us as fans (as QBs that are talked about in that tier are generally winning games, and usually in January, too).

CDN_G-FAN
09-25-2012, 04:32 PM
The way I look at it is so little separates the top 5 or so QBs. There are very valid reasons ranking any of the above or below the others. The fact that Eli is legitimately in the conversation is fantastic for the Giants and us as fans (as QBs that are talked about in that tier are generally winning games, and usually in January, too).

3 years ago no one would legitimately be having this conversation, even with his first SB win, which to anyone who wasn't a Giants fan looked at it more like a fluke than anything else.

now that he's done this so many times in the 4th quarter, its a pattern not a fluke.

Sanntee31
09-25-2012, 04:34 PM

Also, did we forget that Flynn threw 6TD's in this same offense and couldnt event beat out a rookie in Seattle. I believe its more of the scheme than Rogers...I really do. But hey thats just my opinion.

TheAnalyst
09-25-2012, 04:43 PM
I honestly don't think any of these these three would have a problem in New York, well other than Ben's whole scandal. Brady and Rodgers would be fine though. I could have seen it rattling Brady earlier in his career, New England was the perfect place for him. Rodgers would be a media darling and I don't think the criticism would shake him. Obviously Eli has the perfect personality for New York and this Giants team. I just don't think the other QBs would have as big as a problem as people say they would.

I would love to see what Brady could do in NY. I bet it wouldnt equal what he is doing in NE. Think about this, Matt Cassel took the same Patriots to an 11-5 record the year Brady went down. If Eli goes down, what does Matt Cassel do here? Exactly. Brady is a great QB, but the Patriots are a perfect fit for him. You think he could of taken the beating Eli took last year in SF and had the marbles to still throw that ball to Manningham? I doubt it. We see what Brady does under pressure of a fearce pass rush. 14 and 17 points. With Ben getting injuried and having his off the field issues with the rape case and motorcycle accident, he would not survive here. Philip Rivers with his hot headed personality? Never would cut it here. Rodgers sounds like a whiner more then a winner IMO. Eli owns up to his mistakes ("... if you add my interception yards to it I would be #1" when talking about his historic 510 yard game). No doubt in my mind Eli hits Welker in stride to seal the deal in SB46 as well.

bigblue58
09-25-2012, 05:53 PM

That is such a meaningless title. WHO CARES if he's considered the best? He's the best QB for our team and he's a winner and thats all he needs to be!
I'm so sick of someone always having to be "the best". WGAS??
Leave that obsession to the idiots at ESPN.

NYtoSanDiego
09-25-2012, 05:54 PM
I would love to see what Brady could do in NY. I bet it wouldnt equal what he is doing in NE. Think about this, Matt Cassel took the same Patriots to an 11-5 record the year Brady went down. If Eli goes down, what does Matt Cassel do here? Exactly. Brady is a great QB, but the Patriots are a perfect fit for him. You think he could of taken the beating Eli took last year in SF and had the marbles to still throw that ball to Manningham? I doubt it. We see what Brady does under pressure of a fearce pass rush. 14 and 17 points. With Ben getting injuried and having his off the field issues with the rape case and motorcycle accident, he would not survive here. Philip Rivers with his hot headed personality? Never would cut it here. Rodgers sounds like a whiner more then a winner IMO. Eli owns up to his mistakes ("... if you add my interception yards to it I would be #1" when talking about his historic 510 yard game). No doubt in my mind Eli hits Welker in stride to seal the deal in SB46 as well.

actually....he's probably the only one that could run the giants offense as well as eli because both pass offenses are almost identical because of where both teams coaches are rooted from. eli does a bit more than brady at the line in terms of checks and re-routes on protection and audibles and that's why i believe both teams always plays each other close.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Patriots_strategy - scroll to other teams using the same system...

burier
09-25-2012, 05:57 PM
That is such a meaningless title. WHO CARES if he's considered the best? He's the best QB for our team and he's a winner and thats all he needs to be!
I'm so sick of someone always having to be "the best". WGAS!

I think in this case where you had a line around the corner for people looking for any reason to bash the man it makes this discussion a little more compelling. SHEli Manning. Turnover machine, "I wish I was Peyton" "We should have taken Rothlisburger, We should have kept Rivers. Eli says he's elite!!! Hardy har har"

To see that player claw the way to the peak of his position is pretty awesome.

crossouttheeyes
09-25-2012, 05:57 PM
No doubt about it, Brady could run the Giants scheme though. It would just look different. Nobody can run it the same way Eli does, but I think Ben and Rodgers would do a respectable job keeping the vertical passing game a factor. All those reasons listed are reasons I would never trade Eli for another QB. He's special and he belongs here. As long as I've known the Giants they've been Eli's Giants. There will never be another Eli Manning. It's gonna be a sad day in NY when Eli steps down, I don't think I'll recognize this team without him.

I think in this case where you had a line around the corner for people looking for any reason to bash the man it makes this discussion a little more compelling. SHEli Manning. Turnover machine, "I wish I was Peyton" "We should have taken Rothlisburger, We should have kept Rivers. Eli says he's elite!!! Hardy har har"

To see that player claw the way to the peak of his position is pretty awesome.
This definitely has something to do with it. It's great to see all the doubters eat crow. After 2010 people legitimately thought Eli wasn't a top 15 QB while Giants fans defended him and he came through. I love how he's come out of all the adversity over the years. We knew what we had was special and Eli proved it to the world.

jax5338
09-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Even though he's leading the league in passing yards by over 100 yds after 3 games? he's thrown for over 1000 yds, what does he have to do to impress you? lol.

this was about rodgers, not eli.

love Eli

bigjeep
09-25-2012, 06:35 PM
God, these threads are fun!

BuffyBlueII
09-25-2012, 06:53 PM

The 17 points that Tom Brady and NE Patriots offense put up in SuperBowl XLVI is due more to Eli Manning and NY Giants offense holding the ball for 38 minutes than anything our 27th ranked defense did to him that day. Eli Manning was sacked and hit more than Tom Brady was in SuperBowl XLVI.

Tom Brady just like Eli Manning does more with less than anyone else in NFL.

Eliscruzzz
09-25-2012, 06:57 PM
3 years ago no one would legitimately be having this conversation, even with his first SB win, which to anyone who wasn't a Giants fan looked at it more like a fluke than anything else.

now that he's done this so many times in the 4th quarter, its a pattern not a fluke.Great point Eli is clutch and showed it early on in his career I wouldn't take anyone over him.

Eliscruzzz
09-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Personally I would never put Ryan in the elite class only because if you took away RW or JJ I think he wouldn't rise the level of play with the players around him to me this is what all the elite qb's do. Eli has proven this over the last couple years look at what happened to SS, KB and now what he's has done with Barden granted it was only one game. To me Eli has the whole package.....
1.clutch
2.can make all the throws (throws a great deep ball)
3. knows how to dictate the pace of the game
4. can read defenses with the best of them
5. Elevates the playmakers around him not the other way around.

BuffyBlueII
09-25-2012, 07:08 PM
I find it amazing that some NY Giants fans are crying about an Is Eli The Best QB thread. This is a NY Giants message board. We should be laying the praise on Eli Manning here.

It is something that may not really be clear to a lot of folks until his career is widning down but to me it is obvious right now, Eli Manning is The Best QB in NFL.

sc_markt
09-25-2012, 07:22 PM

I'd rather win superbowls with a QB that wasn't number 1 than have the number 1 QB and not be winning superbowls. Of course, it would be great to have the number 1 QB AND win superbowls. But I just care about winning superbowls so who is the number 1 QB doesn't matter to me.

EliDaMANning
09-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Brady would be in ER playing behind our offensive line. I remember the beating he took by Baltimore in the playoffs a few years ago. Eli took a worse beating last year vs the whiners. Guess who won their respective games?

bigjeep
09-25-2012, 07:37 PM
I find it amazing that some NY Giants fans are crying about an “Is Eli The Best QB” thread. This is a NY Giants message board. We should be laying the praise on Eli Manning here.

It is something that may not really be clear to a lot of folks until his career is widning down but to me it is obvious right now, Eli Manning is The Best QB in NFL.

You hit the nail on the head! It could be years, and I have to much experiance waitng, before we ever have a QB that could even be half as good as Eli!

PS -- And if you doubt me, just look at some of these so called QB's around the league! ( Vick) LMFAO!

idiotekniQues
09-25-2012, 07:45 PM
i was talking to my brother-in-law last week talking about QB's, and it took only a few moments for me to state there really is no other QB in the NFL I would
trade Eli for. there are obviously other great quarterbacks in this league, but I wouldn't exchange Eli for any of them (and I used to not like Eli). Would any of you trade Eli for any other quarterback in the league?

Ruttiger711
09-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Thread is 9 hours old and 12 pages - quite frankly I'm disappointed. ;)

Captain Chaos
09-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Top 5 for sure!

crossouttheeyes
09-25-2012, 08:08 PM
i was talking to my brother-in-law last week talking about QB's, and it took only a few moments for me to state there really is no other QB in the NFL I would
trade Eli for. there are obviously other great quarterbacks in this league, but I wouldn't exchange Eli for any of them (and I used to not like Eli). Would any of you trade Eli for any other quarterback in the league?
I think that's the general consensus here. He's pretty much brought around every non-believer within the Giants fanbase and outside of it.

JJC7301
09-25-2012, 10:52 PM
I can't say that he's better than Rodgers, Brees, and Brady. I just can't. Win a 3rd SB and then I'll put him above those 3. And Rothlisberger and Rivers are damn good QB's as well -- especially Rothlisberger, but I'll take Eli over those 2.

Sarcasman
09-25-2012, 11:28 PM

Morehead isn't biting.

Atta boy.

They almost got you.

Toadofsteel
09-26-2012, 12:46 AM
Matt Ryan is starting to look like a younger Tony Romo. Really great pocket awareness, passes like a champ, but disintegrates under pressure and crumbles in clutch time.

Brees is definitely hurt by losing his HC. I think he still has a lot of talent, but losing the HC has obviously taken its toll on him. Then again, losing your HC can make almost any QB underperform. Having that voice in your head helps a lot. Look at how Jim Harbaugh has made Alex Smith look like a HoFer lately...

Tom Brady is the greatest Flag Football player ever. His accuracy and progressions are unmatched, but as soon as he starts getting hit, he's just not the same person. The Brady that won 3 super bowls was behind the best o-line of the past 15 years, which allowed him to excel. Not so much anymore.

Honestly, I see Rodgers as at least partially a system QB. Yes he has some physical talent, but if Matt Flynn holds your single-game passing records and he can't beat out Russel Wilson (side note, that GB game would have hurt a lot more for the Pack had it been Flynn under center), there's definitely a bit of system there.

Eli is the least affected by what system he's in or the pressure he's under out of any of these. He adjusts on the fly to work with whatever he has available to him. It's great that we have Nicks and Cruz, but we saw last week that he can produce without them as well. The fact that he could throw 50+ times, in the rain, against the 49ers top-ranked defense, being knocked around on nearly every single play, and not commit a single interception shows how tough this guy is.

nygfanmaybe
09-26-2012, 05:21 AM
Brees is definitely hurt by losing his HC.

I think Brees is hurt more by his selfishness or greed. He knew that if he broke the bank in NO that others would have to move on...but according to him that's part of the game...part of the business. He is like every other QB. If he is not protected, he becomes mediocre.

Marvelousmik
09-26-2012, 05:39 AM
People talking about Rodgers being the best when Matt Flynn came in last year and put up gaudy numbers too. Rodgers might be a system QB for all we know.

I see where you're coming from but you could say the same for tom brady when he got injured. People on here often talk about how bad our O line is or was, but realistically speaking Rodgers probably plays behind the second worst pass blocking O line in the NFL. Second only to the bears. I dont know this for a fact, but what i do know is his O line pass blocking wise has been worse than ours the last few years

Marvelousmik
09-26-2012, 05:52 AM
1. Eli Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Tony Romo
7. Matt Ryan
8. Arron Rogers
9. Peyton Manning
10. Matt Stafford

1.sanchez
2.cam newton
3. ryan fritzpatrick
4. derrick fisher
5. Tebow
6. andy dalton
7.morgan freeman
8. josh freeman
9.blaine gabbert
10. david blaine

Mine is more funny

Tommy3rd
09-26-2012, 06:11 AM
you missed shane falco. lol

Giantterp
09-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Top 5 yes. Most clutch probably...Best-I'd still have to got with Brady and Rodgers for sure right now. Both of them are more consistent for longer periods of time. I would argue that if he Eli was a little more consistent in the first 3 quarters, he would not need to have as many 4th quarter comebacks.

Giantterp
09-26-2012, 09:30 AM
I can't say that he's better than Rodgers, Brees, and Brady. I just can't. Win a 3rd SB and then I'll put him above those 3. And Rothlisberger and Rivers are damn good QB's as well -- especially Rothlisberger, but I'll take Eli over those 2.

Rivers????Not even close now. He's really been disappointing over the past couple of years.

Redeyejedi
09-26-2012, 09:49 AM
U guys see that ESPN Article that showed how bad Rodgers is in the 4th quarter or coming from behind.

GameTime
09-26-2012, 11:13 AM
U guys see that ESPN Article that showed how bad Rodgers is in the 4th quarter or coming from behind.
Rodgers is great but he doesn have the "ice" Eli has IMO.

burier
09-26-2012, 11:46 AM

So Eli has to have 2 more superbowls than Rogers and Brees for you to put him above those 2? And putting Brady above Eli at this point seems weird. I mean how many times does Eli have to rip the Patriots heart out before people see that Brady is the inferior player at this point.

Moke
09-26-2012, 11:46 AM
I hate the "best" of anything, but I can say he is a QB that I would take in a heart beat because he wins games and he is clutch. I still think Brady is the best QB in this whole time of me being a Giants fan.

This season, Matt Ryan has proved himself as the best QB so far.

fansince69
09-26-2012, 11:49 AM
So Eli has to have 2 more superbowls than Rogers and Brees for you to put him above those 2? And putting Brady above Eli at this point seems weird. I mean how many times does Eli have to rip the Patriots heart out before people see that Brady is the inferior player at this point.

Are you talking career or right now?

Career? Eli probably will pass brady but not yet
right now? I would take eli over brady

Antwuan
09-26-2012, 11:51 AM
I don't know if he's the best but I would not trade him for any QB in the NFL. And he is no doubt one of the best QB's in the NFL today.

gumby74
09-26-2012, 11:51 AM

Why in the world does it bother you so much that some people don't think Eli is the greatest thing since sliced bread?

burier
09-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Are you talking career or right now?

Career? Eli probably will pass brady but not yet
right now? I would take eli over brady

Eli Vs Brady. I'm saying right this minute.

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Tom Brady doesn't play against Eli. He's had to play against the Giants D line.

burier
09-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Why in the world does it bother you so much that some people don't think Eli is the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Guy...I'm not bothered at all. I'm just discussing football. Why are you so bothered?

fansince69
09-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Eli Vs Brady. I'm saying right this minute.

ok I agree...this is the problem with some of these debates...there is a difference between career and current

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 11:56 AM

Being completely honest, can you really say that the Patriots had a better overall roster in last year's Superbowl? A good part of it has to do with superior drafting in recent years and the fact our D matches up well against their offense. Eli has had amazing comebacks but we generally keep their top 5 offense in check.

nygfanmaybe
09-26-2012, 11:56 AM

Why does it bother you that some people do?

fansince69
09-26-2012, 11:58 AM

I understand what you are saying(I really do get it)...but you and I both know in sports that Qbs play against each other and Pitchers pitch against each other....great pitchers and great QBs will forever be compared in head to head games...it's just the way it works.....right or wrong

burier
09-26-2012, 12:00 PM

right right...they're not on the field at the same time. Gotcha. But they are playing against eachother like it or not. Eli moves his offense down the field and scores a TD, pressures on Brady to respond and Vice Versa. They don't have to be on the field at the same time to be in direct competition with one another and what two quarterbacks do on the same field on the same given sunday is a legit point of comparison

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 12:01 PM
I understand what you are saying(I really do get it)...but you and I both know in sports that Qbs play against each other and Pitchers pitch against each other....great pitchers and great QBs will forever be compared in head to head games...it's just the way it works.....right or wrong
The thinking of other people is irrelevant for me.
You say "right or wrong"?
I say its wrong. It is what it is. The Giants D line owns the Pats O line. Ultimately thats the problem with the Pats dealing with us.

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Why does it bother you that some people do?
Because its ridiculous.
He's become an outstanding QB, but certainly not the greatest in the league.

gumby74
09-26-2012, 12:03 PM

For the life of me, i can't get the multi quote feature to work. It's something I miss bout the old boards.

Anyway, it doesn't bother me one bit. I'm just happy the Giants are winning. I've never created an Eli thread - ever. Talking to Eli fans is fun in the same way people like to talk Tebow.

fansince69
09-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Because its ridiculous.

and not the greatest of all time

burier
09-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Being completely honest, can you really say that the Patriots had a better overall roster in last year's Superbowl? A good part of it has to do with superior drafting in recent years and the fact our D matches up well against their offense. Eli has had amazing comebacks but we generally keep their top 5 offense in check.

Wow...I think that might be a first. I've never heard anyone suggest that we actually had a better team than the Patriots last season. I remember squeaking into the playoffs and everyone being shocked that were in the Superbowl to begin with. I also remember being underdogs in the Superbowl.

But since you mention it I guess you could say we had the better roster. We certainly had the better Quarterback.

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Look at it this way: Usually Drew Brees beats the Giants when these two QBs play but is it Eli's fault for not matching his points or the defense's fault for allowing 40+ points a meeting?

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 12:07 PM
and not the greatest of all time
You know there is no sports figure I've ever loved more than Phil Simms. For reasons that are too numerous to list. But I would never try to rationalize that he was the best QB of his era and certainly not the greatest of all time. I just thought the kid was great and far better than fans give him credit for. Even Giants fans.
This 'there's something wrong with you if you don't unconditionally love everything about Eli" crap is just that.

dezzzR
09-26-2012, 12:08 PM
I say its wrong. It is what it is. The Giants D line owns the Pats O line. Ultimately thats the problem with the Pats dealing with us.The media and fans will always compare qbs to one another to see who out performed who. Just the way it is.

CowboysSuck
09-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Wow...I think that might be a first. I've never heard anyone suggest that we actually had a better team than the Patriots last season. I remember squeaking into the playoffs and everyone being shocked that were in the Superbowl to begin with. I also remember being underdogs in the Superbowl.

But since you mention it I guess you could say we had the better roster. WE CERTAINLY HAD THE BETTER QUARTERBACK.

well said sir.

btw, does anyone know how to change font (make it bold, italics, etc) In the reply message (i know you have to press 'go advanced') but I dont see any font tab or anything. Please help!

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 12:10 PM

But since you mention it I guess you could say we had the better roster. We certainly had the better Quarterback.

I mean you could look at the record and easily say the Patriots were better but when you look at the NFC or just compare the NFCE to the AFCE, which team do you think would have an easier time piling up Ws? Don't forget we also swept the AFCE last year as well.

Morehead State
The media and fans will always compare qbs to one another to see who out performed who. Just the way it is.
So is it your view that Rex Grossman is better than Eli?

dezzzR
You know there is no sports figure I've ever loved more than Phil Simms. For reasons that are too numerous to list. But I would never try to rationalize that he was the best QB of his era and certainly not the greatest of all time. I just thought the kid was great and far better than fans give him credit for. Even Giants fans.
This 'there's something wrong with you if you don't unconditionally love everything about Eli" crap is just that.MH doesnt have enough love in his heart to give some to Eli?:(

burier
I say its wrong. It is what it is. The Giants D line owns the Pats O line. Ultimately thats the problem with the Pats dealing with us.

But that's not completely true either. How many balls did Tom Brady just stand around and complete in a row during the Superbowl? DIdn't he set a record? Eli was actually under more duress than Tom Brady in that game so.....I know you love Brady and all but..

nygfanmaybe
09-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Because its ridiculous.

I can take this as an admission that it does in fact bother you that other people have an opinion that is different than yours regarding Eli?

I can't speak for others...but I know that I personally have never tried to say that Eli is the best. I know this because I know that it is really impossible to make that claim. There are too many variables. Also, I really don't care.

One thing has changed over the years is the level of the bar. We have gone from debating as to whether he is a bust, could he ever win on the road, could he ever win a playoff game, whether he was elite or top 5, to is he the best? You do realize that the bar has kept going up and up in these debates, right?

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 12:12 PM
MH doesnt have enough love in his heart to give some to Eli?:(
Go back to THEE thread where you're safe and sound. The adults are talking here.

CowboysSuck
09-26-2012, 12:13 PM
As a Giants fan, Eli is best in the league.

A Pats fan would say Brady.

A Packers fan would say Rodgers.

you see where I'm going...this is completely subjective and there is no right answer. He is "One of the Best", thats fact.

dezzzR
09-26-2012, 12:13 PM
So is it your view that Rex Grossman is better than Eli?Not at all. Im just stating what the media and fans do. They like to compare athletes, theres nothing wrong with that.

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 12:14 PM
But that's not completely true either. How many balls did Tom Brady just stand around and complete in a row during the Superbowl? DIdn't he set a record? Eli was actually under more duress than Tom Brady in that game so.....I know you love Brady and all but..

Outside of the end of the 2nd quarter and the beginning of the 3rd quarter, their offense was essentially shut down. We had a bit more consistency throughout the game moving the ball and I stand by the belief that we were on our way of blowing them out had Boothe never been called for that BS hold on Wilfork.

Morehead State
I can take this as an admission that it does in fact bother you that other people have an opinion that is different than yours regarding Eli?

I can't speak for others...but I know that I personally have never tried to say that Eli is the best. I know this because I know that it is really impossible to make that claim. There are too many variables. Also, I really don't care.

One thing has changed over the years is the level of the bar. We have gone from debating as to whether he is a bust, could he ever win on the road, could he ever win a playoff game, whether he was elite or top 5, to is he the best? You do realize that the bar has kept going up and up in these debates, right?
here my opinion of Eli....He's become a great QB.

But to claim that he's the best in football or the best of all time defies logic.

dezzzR
Go back to THEE thread where you're safe and sound. The adults are talking here.Who do I look like? Pizz?

gumby74
09-26-2012, 12:16 PM
As a Giants fan, Eli is best in the league.

A Pats fan would say Brady.

A Packers fan would say Rodgers.

you see where I'm going...this is completely subjective and there is no right answer. He is "One of the Best", thats fact.

The difference between a handful of Eli fan boys and posters like yourself is that some fan boys have the nerve to label anyone that disagree with them, as Tiki would say, comical.

Believe what you want. But respect the opinion of others - knowing that they too may have a case.

fansince69
09-26-2012, 12:18 PM
This 'there's something wrong with you if you don't unconditionally love everything about Eli" crap is just that.

I loved Simms too...There was something special about him that many people didn't see(yes even Giant fans)...... I'll root for anyone that makes the Giants better....I have stated many many times on here that it is difficult to impossible to compare players of different eras just off stats

GameTime
For the life of me, i can't get the multi quote feature to work. It's something I miss bout the old boards.

Anyway, it doesn't bother me one bit. I'm just happy the Giants are winning. I've never created an Eli thread - ever. Talking to Eli fans is fun in the same way people like to talk Tebow.

click on the quotes + on the far right and then hit the "reply to thread" on the left above the dialog box. You cant do it with the "post quick reply" icon.

nygfanmaybe
here my opinion of Eli....He's become a great QB.

But to claim that he's the best in football or the best of all time defies logic.

Now you are being silly. If it "defies logic", then why did I see them asking this very question on the NFLN? My point is that the fact that people are even asking the question proves that the bar has gone up from last year when it was"Is he is in the top 5". How high will that bar go before it can't go any higher?

dezzzR
09-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Now you are being silly. If it "defies logic", then why did I see them asking this very question on the NFLN? My point is that the fact that people are even asking the question proves that the bar has gone up from last year when it was"Is he is in the top 5". How high will that bar go before it can't go any higher?I agree his "defies logic" comment is off the mark but what the hell makes NFLN opinions on Eli worth anything?

fansince69
09-26-2012, 12:23 PM
So is it your view that Rex Grossman is better than Eli?

I do not think anyone wanted to go that far
But I do believe that when certain match ups happen....usually QBs or pitchers that are considered in the games best conversations....that head to head competition does enter into the conversation

GameTime
09-26-2012, 12:23 PM
the top 5 QBs at any given time can be interchanged from week to week. They all have dif skill sets and different variables that make them who and what they are. You can twist any of those variables to satisfy your arguement for who is better then the other.

burier
09-26-2012, 12:24 PM
I mean you could look at the record and easily say the Patriots were better but when you look at the NFC or just compare the NFCE to the AFCE, which team do you think would have an easier time piling up Ws? Don't forget we also swept the AFCE last year as well.

as far as the AFC east goes you're preaching to the choir. In fact Tom Brady has had the luxry of running over that sorry division his entire career which has exagerated his greatness.

And we were clearly the better team since we won the game. But conventional wisdom going into the season was that Patriots were the superior team. Under those circumstances I find it a bit of a reach to turn around after we beat them and dismiss it because we had the better roster.

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 12:25 PM
One thing is for certain and that is Eli will have a better season than Brady not only statistically but in the clutch as well. This is probably the first year Brady has to play with a questionable Oline and he isn't used to the pressure from the pass rush like Eli has grown accustomed to. Heck, the Patriots could even lose their division this year to the Bills if those RBs can stay healthy.

fansince69
09-26-2012, 12:26 PM
the top 5 QBs at any given time can be interchanged from week to week. They all have dif skill sets and different variables that make them who and what they are. You can twist any of those variables to satisfy your arguement for who is better then the other.

be serious...now I can't take anything you say seriously

people on here would never twist facts to make their arguments

I am not listening to you any more

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Who do I look like? Pizz?
I have no idea what you look like since you never show up for our tailgate parties.

GameTime
09-26-2012, 12:27 PM
be serious...now I can't take anything you say seriously

people on here would never twist facts to make their arguments

I am not listening to you any more
you never listen to me anyway......:rolleyes:

gumby74
09-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Now you are being silly. If it "defies logic", then why did I see them asking this very question on the NFLN? My point is that the fact that people are even asking the question proves that the bar has gone up from last year when it was"Is he is in the top 5". How high will that bar go before it can't go any higher?

That's funny. For someone who thought media and public perception was pure nonsense and could be disregarded, now you're using it as an indicator of a valid argument? Just like some thought that ESPN's QB rating was great. Then Romo somehow ranked higher than Eli. It was then dropped like a bad habit. Double standard.

fansince69
09-26-2012, 12:30 PM
you never listen to me anyway......:rolleyes:

and now I know why

nygfanmaybe
09-26-2012, 12:31 PM
I agree his "defies logic" comment is off the mark but what the hell makes NFLN opinions on Eli worth anything?

I am only using that as an example of people outside of this board asking the same question. I don't really put a lot of stock in their opinions...but I do like to watch to see whether they are right or wrong. I loved it when they all picked Carolina.

GameTime
09-26-2012, 12:32 PM
and now I know why

you are wise

TheEnigma
as far as the AFC east goes you're preaching to the choir. In fact Tom Brady has had the luxry of running over that sorry division his entire career which has exagerated his greatness.

And we were clearly the better team since we won the game. But conventional wisdom going into the season was that Patriots were the superior team. Under those circumstances I find it a bit of a reach to turn around after we beat them and dismiss it because we had the better roster.

If you recall, lots of football experts and fans around the country were questioning the Patriots being listed as the game favorite when their playoff run consisted of beating down Tim Tebow and escaping Baltimore because the Ravens missed the winning FG. Their defense had two good players (Wilfork, Mayo) and then no one else to really get excited for. There was a reason they drafted all defensive players this year and spent two 1st rounders on their front seven.

burier
That's funny. For someone who thought media and public perception was pure nonsense and could be disregarded, now you're using it as an indicator of a valid argument? Just like some thought that ESPN's QB rating was great. Then Romo somehow ranked higher than Eli. It was then dropped like a bad habit. Double standard.

The problem with trying to call someone out on a double standard is that you wind up calling yourself out. Aren't you the one who believes that perception is reality?

Aren't you the one who said "well if the players decided Eli shouldn't be in the top 100 then he shouldn't be"

You use the media and popular opinions to defend your positions all the time. But when popular opinion goes the other way then you don't want to hear it.

fansince69
you are wise

You gave me a good laugh...I appreciate it

GameTime
09-26-2012, 12:33 PM
You gave me a good laugh...I appreciate it
If I can do that then my work here is done.....:)

gumby74
09-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Outside of the end of the 2nd quarter and the beginning of the 3rd quarter, their offense was essentially shut down. We had a bit more consistency throughout the game moving the ball and I stand by the belief that we were on our way of blowing them out had Boothe never been called for that BS hold on Wilfork.

The problem with trying to call someone out on a double standard is that you wind up calling yourself out. Aren't you the one who believes that perception is reality?

Aren't you the one who said "well if the players decided Eli shouldn't be in the top 100 then he shouldn't be"

You use the media and popular opinions to defend your positions all the time. But when popular opinion goes the other way then you don't want to hear it.

Since when do I "not want to hear it"? Eli deserves all the praise in the world right now.

And regarding the top 100 list. I said, I think Eli should be in the top 100, but if the players don't think he should be, I can see where they were coming from. And that's when you said my devil's advocate stance was getting annoying.

burier
09-26-2012, 12:37 PM
If you recall, lots of football experts and fans around the country were questioning the Patriots being listed as the game favorite when their playoff run consisted of beating down Tim Tebow and escaping Baltimore because the Ravens missed the winning FG. Their defense had two good players (Wilfork, Mayo) and then no one else to really get excited for. There was a reason they drafted all defensive players this year and spent two 1st rounders on their front seven.

I do recall the Pats being installed as the favorite and people questioning it and we did go into the game as the "real" favorites so to speak.

But I believe that had more to do with what was going on at the time than the respective rosters. The Giants seemed to be a bit "hotter" than the Patriots but I dont think people really felt we had a better overall roster.

GameTime
09-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Since when do I "not want to hear it"? Eli deserves all the praise in the world right now.

And regarding the top 100 list. I said, I think Eli should be in the top 100, but if the players don't think he should be, I can see where they were coming from. And that's when you said my devil's advocate stance was getting annoying.
BTW...your welcome......:cool:

burier
09-26-2012, 12:38 PM

lol you're right...I did say that.

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 12:43 PM
I do recall the Pats being installed as the favorite and people questioning it and we did go into the game as the "real" favorites so to speak.

But I believe that had more to do with what was going on at the time than the respective rosters. The Giants seemed to be a bit "hotter" than the Patriots but I dont think people really felt we had a better overall roster.
The Pats are a flawed team and have been for years. Its all because of their defense. They keep trying to rebuild it and have failed miserably.
I thought they played well in SB 46 but we made the play in the end and they didn't.
That entire game came down to Welker dropping a pass with both hands on it with no one around him and Manningham making a great catch on the sidelines with two guys draped all over him.
Essentially, Welker didn't make the play he had to and Eli and MM did. That was the game...those 2 plays.

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 12:47 PM

Their offense was probably better but our defense was playing at a whole other level versus theirs. The worst game our defense technically had in the playoffs was against the Packers but a good chunk of that was due to some questionable penalties. Either way, the point I'm getting at and one that I think is fair is that while Eli (and JPP) was the sole reason we even made it to the playoffs, our team as a whole turned it on and contributed greatly to winning the Superbowl. I just hope that the defense can keep it's momentum from the Carolina game so that every 4th quarter doesn't boil down to Eli miracles.

elismom
09-26-2012, 12:47 PM
The Pats are a flawed team and have been for years. Its all because of their defense. They keep trying to rebuild it and have failed miserably.
I thought they played well in SB 46 but we made the play in the end and they didn't.
That entire game came down to Welker dropping a pass with both hands on it with no one around him and Manningham making a great catch on the sidelines with two guys draped all over him.
Essentially, Welker didn't make the play he had to and Eli and MM did. That was the game...those 2 plays.

What about the Blackburn pick? What about gronk not getting the hail????
What about Eli's efficiency on 3rd down? That yr eli was third and eli

If you some of a sick defensive matchup with 2 offensive plays then it explains alot about you. But you are better then that

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Their offense was probably better but our defense was playing at a whole other level versus theirs. The worst game our defense technically had in the playoffs was against the Packers but a good chunk of that was due to some questionable penalties. Either way, the point I'm getting at and one that I think is fair is that while Eli (and JPP) was the sole reason we even made it to the playoffs, our team as a whole turned it on and contributed greatly to winning the Superbowl. I just hope that the defense can keep it's momentum from the Carolina game so that every 4th quarter doesn't boil down to Eli miracles.
We were the better team when you look at the matchups. We just matchup against them well, especially our D line against their O line.

elismom
09-26-2012, 12:50 PM
What about Wetherford in that game? Pinnign them on their 6?????
Come on. That game was not magic with Mario. Sure it came down to some clutch plays late but the gam was full of awesome events.
The sexy thing to do is look at the last 6 minutes. But you watched the entire game no?

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 12:50 PM

If you some of a sick defensive matchup with 2 offensive plays then it explains alot about you. But you are better then that

Gronk was beat down with that injury and was essentially turned into a decoy. Who knows how different that game would of been had Gronk been at 100%? I think you have to give credit to the defense for shutting out Brady for two quarters and forcing him to throw that grounding turned into a safety.

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 12:51 PM

The game came down to those two plays. yes...an entire game was played before that, but it all came down to that. If Welker catches that ball we lose. If MM doesn't make that play we "may" have lost.

What I'm saying is that in crunch time, we made the play and they didn't.

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 12:51 PM
We were the better team when you look at the matchups. We just matchup against them well, especially our D line against their O line.

I agree. They had a slightly better offense but our defense compared to theirs made our team better overall.

elismom
09-26-2012, 12:53 PM
What about hte big sack by tuck at the end? I believe that was the play of the game maybe

elismom
09-26-2012, 12:55 PM
The game came down to those two plays. yes...an entire game was played before that, but it all came down to that. If Welker catches that ball we lose. If MM doesn't make that play we "may" have lost.

What I'm saying is that in crunch time, we made the play and they didn't.

And earlier in the game if the plays are not made then we just fall behind ealier and maybe lose it earlier. Convenient to look at the end of the game and say if we don't make those plays we lose. But if Wetherford doesn't punt the ball to their 6 maybe we lose, if tuck doesn't sack Brady late in the game on 3rd down we may lose. If eli doesn;t make 45 first downs we may lose. A game is 4 qtrs brother. Stop this nonsense about Welker not being able to catch a badly thrown ball 8 feet in the air with a torked body

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 12:55 PM
What about hte big sack by tuck at the end? I believe that was the play of the game maybe
The play of the game was MM's catch. It's one of the greatest and most important plays in Giants history.
You're just arguing to argue now.

elismom
09-26-2012, 12:56 PM
IF the game was made on 2 plays then why would this page be so long?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XLVI

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 01:02 PM
And earlier in the game if the plays are not made then we just fall behind ealier and maybe lose it earlier. Convenient to look at the end of the game and say if we don't make those plays we lose. But if Wetherford doesn't punt the ball to their 6 maybe we lose, if tuck doesn't sack Brady late in the game on 3rd down we may lose. If eli doesn;t make 45 first downs we may lose. A game is 4 qtrs brother. Stop this nonsense about Welker not being able to catch a badly thrown ball 8 feet in the air with a torked body
Huh?
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0205/nfl_a_welkerpanel_gb1_576.jpg

burier
09-26-2012, 01:04 PM

If you want to talk about those two plays lets talk about the THROWS! One was the greatest throw maybe in the history of the forward pass and the other...well...the other wasn't very good. Don't blame Welker. Welker isn't a first ballot HOFer. Brady missed him by a mile.

elismom
09-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Uh what dude? Are you real? Look at this body, look how when he just turned to his oppoise side which is his left he grabs the ball with awkwardly. He didn't turn to his natural side. HAd he had to turn to the right away from the left sideline he had an easy catch but the throw as not that way. So he does what noone does in football turns toward the sideline. UNNATURAL MOVEMENT! SO YES THAT WAS A TOUGH CATCH> ITs called back shoulder catch and was no dbout a highlight reel in the making

Did you post that picture to pretend that was not a tough catch??? Moore your beiong a clown
I am not going to pretned my team didn't play lights out for 4 qtrs and we won on one play. Please bro please

I played WR . Thats a tought tough catch going toward the sideline. IF it wasn't I guess ppl would do it all the time

Why do I have to school kids?

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 01:08 PM
If you want to talk about those two plays lets talk about the THROWS! One was the greatest throw maybe in the history of the forward pass and the other...well...the other wasn't very good. Don't blame Welker. Welker isn't a first ballot HOFer. Brady missed him by a mile.
If you watch the throw as he threw it you would see that it was throw exactly where it had to be. Rolle made a wierd move with the ball in the air, assuming Welker was going to catch it. Brady threw it where Webby couldn't make a play and where Rolle couldn't make a play. Thats the kind of throw where Giants WR's make the catch for Eli all the time. Eli's throw at SF to MM was very high but MM made a great play on it.
That incompletion was all on Welker.

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Uh what dude? Are you real? Look at this body, look how when he just turned to his oppoise side which is his left he grabs the ball with awkwardly. He didn't turn to his natural side. HAd he had to turn to the right away from the left sideline he had an easy catch but the throw as not that way. So he does what noone does in football turns toward the sideline. UNNATURAL MOVEMENT! SO YES THAT WAS A TOUGH CATCH> ITs called back shoulder catch and was no dbout a highlight reel in the making

Did you post that picture to pretend that was not a tough catch??? Moore your beiong a clown
I am not going to pretned my team didn't play lights out for 4 qtrs and we won on one play. Please bro please

I played WR . Thats a tought tough catch going toward the sideline. IF it wasn't I guess ppl would do it all the time

Two hands on it, head high with no one around him? Thats a drop. An average WR catches that ball 9 out of 10.

elismom
09-26-2012, 01:10 PM
If you watch the throw as he threw it you would see that it was throw exactly where it had to be. Rolle made a wierd move with the ball in the air, assuming Welker was going to catch it. Brady threw it where Webby couldn't make a play and where Rolle couldn't make a play. Thats the kind of throw where Giants WR's make the catch for Eli all the time. Eli's throw at SF to MM was very high but MM made a great play on it.

You couldn't be more wrong. I mean your so stubborn to even say the above. The picure speaks 1000 words. Turning to his left! ON WELKER! I could throw that to you 100 times and you probably miss it 99

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Chris Collinsworth played some WR and he said Welker catches that pass 100 out of 100 times. I agree. Well 99 out of 100.

gumby74
09-26-2012, 01:11 PM
lol you're right...I did say that.

So when Eli threw those tipped INTs in 2010, did you label it as a bad throw? Or did you blame it on the WR? I'm guessing the latter. Those throws also required the WR to do "unnatural movement".

Eli made his WRs do pirouettes in the air all the time.

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 01:12 PM
You couldn't be more wrong. I mean your so stubborn to even say the above. The picure speaks 1000 words. Turning to his left! ON WELKER! I could throw that to you 100 times and you probably miss it 99
Lets be honest. If Eli throws that ball and the WR dropped it, you would have blamed the WR without hesitation.

elismom
09-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Chris Collinsworth played some WR and he said Welker catches that pass 100 out of 100 times. I agree. Well 99 out of 100.

CC aka Chris Carter aka mad mofo catches said it was a bad throw and brady makes better throws all the time and it can;'t be hung on welker

I'll take CC. well since Chris was avg wr

LOLOLOLOLOL

GameTime
09-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Two hands on it, head high with no one around him? Thats a drop. An average WR catches that ball 9 out of 10.
yep....Welker said himself.....

burier
09-26-2012, 01:15 PM

I've seen the play 100 times and you're very very wrong. And I've nevers see any Giants reciever pull 360 in the air to come down with a ball for Eli. The play to Manningham you're talking about is the absolute opposite of what happened with Brady. On the throw to Manningham the ball was high because it had to be high. Manningham did his job and come down with a pefectly thrown ball.

Fast forward to a WIDE OPEN Welker looking back at Brady over his INSIDE shoulder and Brady inexplicably throws that ball hot, high and outside. It was a miracle that Welker got his hands on it. Anyone who isn't totally in love with Tom Brady qualifies that throw as total choke.

GameTime
MS is NOT welker dude....

elismom
Lets be honest. If Eli throws that ball and the WR dropped it, you would have blamed the WR without hesitation.

No. Listen he could have caught that. But I am not way shape or form saying that was the entire game. It wasn't. We made plays to get in that position to begin with.

Tough catch, If it was easy I guess he would have made it

nygfanmaybe
Welker was wide open...no need to throw it on that side. Safety could not have made up that ground unless Steve Walsh was throwing the pass. Just an inaccurate throw.

burier
09-26-2012, 01:16 PM
yep....Welker said himself.....

What's he supposed to say? "Brady just cost us a superbowl?"

GameTime
I've seen the play 100 times and you're very very wrong. And I've nevers see any Giants reciever pull 360 in the air to come down with a ball for Eli. The play to Manningham you're talking about is the absolute opposite of what happened with Brady. On the throw to Manningham the ball was high because it had to be high. Manningham did his job and come down with a pefectly thrown ball.

Fast forward to a WIDE OPEN Welker looking back at Brady over his INSIDE shoulder and Brady inexplicably throws that ball hot, high and outside. It was a miracle that Welker got his hands on it. Anyone who isn't totally in love with Tom Brady qualifies that throw as total choke.
I am not in love with Brady at all but why does a bad throw have to be a choke???

TheEnigma

Speaking of our receivers, that's one thing people overlook when it comes to a part of Eli's success. Reese has spent a considerable amount of high draft picks to get Eli some nice targets and then of course we find the ultimate gem in Cruz as well. I can say without a doubt of hesitation that the 2011 Giants had a top 5 WR unit for all Superbowl teams.

elismom
So true. That Eli ball was from the GODS! It touched the god damn heavens

Antwuan
09-26-2012, 01:17 PM
Eli Manning=Elite

You Can't Spell Elite Without Eli.

burier

No lets get real honest. If Eli throws that ball you would have called Eli a choke artist.

elismom
Welker was wide open...no need to throw it on that side. Safety could not have made up that ground unless Steve Walsh was throwing the pass. Just an inaccurate throw.

Its true 100x over. PPL have issues with being wrong

GameTime
09-26-2012, 01:18 PM
What's he supposed to say? "Brady just cost us a superbowl?"
no...jusy saying I have seen Welker play many times. As that catch would have been a great catch it certainly wasnt impossible. You could hear it in his voice and look....he knew he could have caught that.

elismom
09-26-2012, 01:19 PM
If brady throws that ball to the right of welker he is still running into the endzone. Even watching the play it wasn't like its over omg its over! I was like come on drop it! IT WAS A BAD THROW

Morehead State
MS is NOT welker dude....
I had great hands. Now I just have old hands.

elismom
no...jusy saying I have seen Welker play many times. As that catch would have been a great catch it certainly wasnt impossible. You could hear it in his voice and look....he knew he could have caught that.

And this is a lie. Welker defended himself actually. I remmeber the quote. BRB

GameTime
If brady throws that ball to the right of welker he is still running into the endzone. Even watching the play it wasn't like its over omg its over! I was like come on drop it! IT WAS A BAD THROW
but catchable....

Morehead State
09-26-2012, 01:20 PM
I love how we've hijacked this thread. The world can't take another Eli thread.

burier
So when Eli threw those tipped INTs in 2010, did you label it as a bad throw? Or did you blame it on the WR? I'm guessing the latter. Those throws also required the WR to do "unnatural movement".

Eli made his WRs do pirouettes in the air all the time.

LOL you're lying. Guys weren't doing pirouettes.

As far as the INTs in 2010 some of them got tipped and they weren't the greatest throw. Some of them were perfectly thrown and still got tipped so there isn't a perfect answer there.

GameTime
And this is a lie. Welker defended himself actually. I remmeber the quote. BRB
take it down a notch Bro.....I am not chastising Welker or freeing Brady from any fault. It was a bad throw that was catchable,

elismom
09-26-2012, 01:21 PM
“That’s very unfair,” safety Patrick Chung would later say of the suggestion that the defeat was somehow Welker’s fault. “There are four or five big plays in the game and we just needed them to be made by us.”

GameTime
I had great hands. Now I just have old hands.

I hear ya...

elismom
take it down a notch Bro.....I am not chastising Welker or freeing Brady from any fault. It was a bad throw that was catchable,

Im not yo bro holmes. lolololol

burier
09-26-2012, 01:22 PM
but catchable....

but can we blame a slot reciever for not pulling down a very difficult ball. Or do we blame the HOF QB for not putting it on his reciever?

(And welcome back to the thread you tried shutting down btw)

GameTime
09-26-2012, 01:22 PM
“That’s very unfair,” safety Patrick Chung would later say of the suggestion that the defeat was somehow Welker’s fault. “There are four or five big plays in the game and we just needed them to be made by us.”
I am not blamong welker for the loss......never did and never will. I am just saying it was a poor trrow that was catchable....

elismom
09-26-2012, 01:23 PM
my stance is eli and the defense played lights out. I am not going to say the SB came on 1 play. If you defend the 1 play theory then you are on the other side ofthe debate. If you are not then stop defending welker

GameTime
but can we blame a slot reciever for not pulling down a very difficult ball. Or do we blame the HOF QB for not putting it on his reciever?

******....:cool:

Drez
Its true 100x over. PPL have issues with being wrong
Brady had to throw it outside. He DEFINITELY would have thrown Welker right into KP.

Sorry, folks. But, that is truth.

TheEnigma

Welker made a ton of plays last season on the outside. He's evolved past the typical slot receiver.

elismom
I am not blamong welker for the loss......never did and never will. I am just saying it was a poor trrow that was catchable....

Then I agree with you and you can be my bro

GameTime
09-26-2012, 01:24 PM
my stance is eli and the defense played lights out. I am not going to say the SB came on 1 play. If you defend the 1 play theory then you are on the other side ofthe debate. If you are not then stop defending welker
I am not defending anyone...I am taking this play out of context...
bad throw....catchable.....end of argument....

GameTime
09-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Then I agree with you and you can be my bro
dont want to be your bro.....thanks anyway.......

burier
09-26-2012, 01:25 PM

If I were welker I'd be kicking myself. I'd be like damn I missed out making a big time play in a big time moment...but for Brady to come out of the play clean is wrong. It wasn't a very good throw. Brady knows it, Welker knows it.

elismom
09-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Welker made a ton of plays last season on the outside. He's evolved past the typical slot receiver.

On the outside? Or doing a ballerina silouette catch in mid air to the sideline side? LOL! Come on. Pleasea. This isn't a debate here. Thats a 9 out of 10 difficulty catch

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 01:26 PM
On the outside? Or doing a ballerina silouette catch in mid air to the sideline side? LOL! Come on. Pleasea. This isn't a debate here. Thats a 9 out of 10 difficulty catch

Receivers make harder catches than that weekly if you watch some highlight reels. Was it a good pass? Not at all. Should Welker have made that play? Yes.

elismom
09-26-2012, 01:26 PM
dont want to be your bro.....thanks anyway.......

Too late sorry

GameTime
09-26-2012, 01:27 PM
If I were welker I'd be kicking myself. I'd be like damn I missed out making a big time play in a big time moment...but for Brady to come out of the play clean is wrong. It wasn't a very good throw. Brady knows it, Welker knows it.

yes....on all counts.

Morehead State
I am not defending anyone...I am taking this play out of context...
bad throw....catchable.....end of argument....
Well we will disagree on the pass, but we agree that he should have caught it. i think it is also safe to say that MM's catch was a much more difficult play to make, including keeping his feet in. Getting back to my original point. That they didn't make a play when they had a chance at the end of the game, and we did.
Those two plays were the difference between a Giants SB win and a Pats SB win.

elismom
Too late sorry
What time we meet for brews?

GameTime
Receivers make harder catches than that weekly if you watch some highlight reels. Was it a good pass? Not at all. Should Welker have made that play? Yes.
change that to "could" Welker have made the play....