PDA

View Full Version : I prefer to keep these refs

EliDaMANning
09-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Give them some more time, they will improve. At least we know these refs are incompetent but they don't have some sort of bias.

Weren't we all complaining about the refs last year and how one sided they were? We got shafted against GB during the regular season and then they tried to do the same in the playoffs but we didn't give them a chance. It was so clear to us how bias they were and some here were even claimed they could have been bribed. So many pathetic calls (OSI late hit, Jennings fumble, etc.)

ESPN has a clear agenda against these refs. They don't want to see Arizona 3-0 and the Saints 0-3. They don't want to see the Pack 1-2 and Seattle 2-1. They didn't say a single word against the Pack when they beat us in NY. I am tired of seeing these analysts take shots against these refs but stayed silent last year when everything was going in the cash cow teams favor.

These referees might suck right now, but at least they don't CHEAT.

burier
09-25-2012, 03:05 PM
I agreed with you until last night when I saw Green Bay just get screwed by the refs. As bad as the regulars are I have to believe that would have gotten that one right.

EliDaMANning
09-25-2012, 03:07 PM
I agreed with you until last night when I saw Green Bay just get screwed by the refs. As bad as the regulars are I have to believe that would have gotten that one right.Well I mean Greg Jennings clearly fumbled against us last year in the playoffs. Refs also reviewed it yet they still didn't overturn it. I'm sure they would have gotten it right last night though, Vegas ended up losing so much money.

repeatchamps
09-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Give them some more time, they will improve. At least we know these refs are incompetent but they don't have some sort of bias.

Weren't we all complaining about the refs last year and how one sided they were? We got shafted against GB during the regular season and then they tried to do the same in the playoffs but we didn't give them a chance. It was so clear to us how bias they were and some here were even claimed they could have been bribed. So many pathetic calls (OSI late hit, Jennings fumble, etc.)

ESPN has a clear agenda against these refs. They don't want to see Arizona 3-0 and the Saints 0-3. They don't want to see the Pack 1-2 and Seattle 2-1. They didn't say a single word against the Pack when they beat us in NY. I am tired of seeing these analysts take shots against these refs but stayed silent last year when everything was going in the cash cow teams favor.

Yup I was posting about this last night after the MNF game with similar thoughts. No sympathy for the Packers from me. I agree with you about ESPN 100%.

eastbayblue
09-25-2012, 03:18 PM
"At least we know these refs are incompetent but they don't have some sort of bias."

The problem is they are biased, one of them was a Saints fan, another had a player on his fantasy team. Not sure if any are Giants fans...

CDN_G-FAN
09-25-2012, 03:19 PM
again, most of the people that complained about the refs said that the NFL was fixed and biased towards the Packers, which didn't make any sense at the time and makes even less sense now (if that's possible).

no group of refs are perfect, but there's one group that does a far better job than the other, and there's a number of examples (not of botched calls, but botched games on multiple levels, accuracy, consistency, pace, outright misunderstanding of the rules vs. mistakes in judgement) that show the group that sitting at home right now is far better for the game.

if you've noticed anything yet, it's that primetime games freak these new guys out, and it certainly looks like they end up on the home side of primetime games.

so if you're not freaked out by how these refs call a game, you should be. Seattle Green Bay is 1/10th the intensity of Giants/Eagles.

burier
09-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Yup I was posting about this last night after the MNF game with similar thoughts. No sympathy for the Packers from me. I agree with you about ESPN 100%.

I don't really follow the conspiracy theory though. Why does ESPN care what record green bay has?

Last night it seemed like NFL net initially was trying to inexplicably take the side of the scabs but then Mariucci came on and straighted everyone out. The NFL wants the scabs to do well...I don't see why ESPN cares either way.

ryan12
09-25-2012, 03:24 PM
im not gonna entertain this thought. are you ****ing serious

BParcells777
09-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Greg Ballard's Knee...........the Packers got some payback last night......they have enough favoritism.....they should suck it up and go on like we did

CruzSoldier
09-25-2012, 03:29 PM

Obviously you didn't watch the opening game against the cowboys they held our WR's especially CRUZ every chance they had and the REF's didn't throw anything. After this game I guess the NFL said they nned to be more aggressive in throwing flags for PI and calling hold penalties as you can see there have been more PI and holding penalties since 1990.

Giantz4Life
09-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Greg Ballard's Knee

Jake Ballard?

Beelzeboss
09-25-2012, 03:37 PM
I think the fact that a deal has not yet been reached is proof in itself that the usual refs call a fair game. If the normal refs really were ever paid to make games go a certain way, it would be the ultimate bargaining tool for the refs to get a new and better deal. Can you imagine the fallout for the NFL if a ref came forward and admitted to being bribed..... if this was truly the case, the refs would have a new deal months before the old one expired.

repeatchamps
09-25-2012, 03:37 PM
I don't really follow the conspiracy theory though. Why does ESPN care what record green bay has?

Last night it seemed like NFL net initially was trying to inexplicably take the side of the scabs but then Mariucci came on and straighted everyone out. The NFL wants the scabs to do well...I don't see why ESPN cares either way.

Why does ESPN have that bias? Who knows. ESPN has a crush on Rodgers and how explosive their offense can be. They like QB's that run around and make plays out of the pocket. They always drooll all over themselves when talking about Romo, Rodgers, Vick, RG3 and other non-traditional pocket passers. Not sure why that is the case but it is clear they have that bias. Not sure how anyone doesn't see that when watching their analysis.

burier
09-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Why does ESPN have that bias? Who knows. ESPN has a crush on Rodgers and how explosive their offense can be. They like QB's that run around and make plays out of the pocket. They always drooll all over themselves when talking about Romo, Rodgers, Vick, RG3 and other non-traditional pocket passers. Not sure why that is the case but it is clear they have that bias. Not sure how anyone doesn't see that when watching their analysis.

So you're saying the analysts at ESPN get excited over big plays and players who make big plays? I wouldn't really call that a bias and I don't see anything wrong with it.

GameTime
09-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Greg Ballard's Knee...........the Packers got some payback last night......they have enough favoritism.....they should suck it up and go on like we did
who is Greg Ballard????
try Jake

EliDaMANning
09-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Obviously you didn't watch the opening game against the cowboys they held our WR's especially CRUZ every chance they had and the REF's didn't throw anything. After this game I guess the NFL said they nned to be more aggressive in throwing flags for PI and calling hold penalties as you can see there have been more PI and holding penalties since 1990. No son, I did watch the opening game vs the cowgirls. I already said they suck but also mentioned that they are making more calls now than in week 1. They have improved and will get better. The old refs probably had bribes going on. I wouldn't doubt it. The way they called both our games vs the packers were clearly fishy.

Rudyy
09-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Greg Ballard's Knee...........the Packers got some payback last night......they have enough favoritism.....they should suck it up and go on like we didhttp://lmgtfy.com/?q=Jake+Ballard

GameTime
09-25-2012, 04:05 PM
No son, I did watch the opening game vs the cowgirls. I already said they suck but also mentioned that they are making more calls now than in week 1. They have improved and will get better. The old refs probably had bribes going on. I wouldn't doubt it. The way they called both our games vs the packers were clearly fishy.
more calls??? to tsay the least. They are calling too much BS. Dude they are not at the level they need to be and they wont be.
Its a disaster......and its getting worse instead of better. If you see it differently then you are wayching different games then I am

spair
09-25-2012, 04:20 PM
No son, I did watch the opening game vs the cowgirls. I already said they suck but also mentioned that they are making more calls now than in week 1. They have improved and will get better. The old refs probably had bribes going on. I wouldn't doubt it. The way they called both our games vs the packers were clearly fishy.

I don't see them improving at all...The way I see it they keep getting worse and worse. This is not the league for some of these officials to learn on the job in. Someone is going to get seriously hurt...seriously hurt with these amateurs running around playing at being NFL caliber refs. On Sunday when one of them actually threw his hat into the field of play {and for what?...God only knows} and that cowgirl slipped on in..the player could have wrecked a knee, pulled a groin what have you...Basic frigging fundamentals these guys do not know.. NO THANK YOU.....Give me the devils I know.

GiantWarfare
09-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Actually these replacement refs can be plenty bias, incredulously so, I still can't believe one of them was a diehard Saints fan (and expressed his fandom publicly) and was this close to reffing the Saints game and another in the Eagles game actually told Shady McCoy during the game that he had to do well because he was on his fantasy team.

gmen0820
09-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Vegas ended up losing so much money.Vegas made a killing. Everyone was taking the Packers -3.5.

JB456
09-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Vegas made a killing. Everyone was taking the Packers -3.5.

These refs should go back to Division 3 where they belong. They don't even know the damn rules.

EliDaMANning
09-25-2012, 05:05 PM
They suck but I honestly don't believe the originals are significantly better. I agree, some refs are biased but I'm sure some originals probably played some fantasy football too. I just feel the old refs had it out for us while these current ones just stink.

gmen0820
09-25-2012, 05:05 PM
These refs should go back to Division 3 where they belong. They don't even know the damn rules.Preaching to choir, I've been on this bandwagon since before preseason.

GameTime
09-25-2012, 06:04 PM
These refs should go back to Division 3 where they belong. They don't even know the damn rules.
the refs dont want to be here....
blame the owners not the refs

FBomb
09-25-2012, 06:36 PM
hmm....there seems to be a rash of weird threads.

mikeq6722
09-25-2012, 06:59 PM

How do these refs magically not have a bias? Could you elaborate? Because the whole situation with the Saints fan reffing a Saints game shows some bias to me. Refs telling LaSean Mccoy they need him to score for their fantasy team shows bias as well. But ignorant statements are fun so carry on.

TextureDj
09-25-2012, 07:49 PM
I think the fact that a deal has not yet been reached is proof in itself that the usual refs call a fair game. If the normal refs really were ever paid to make games go a certain way, it would be the ultimate bargaining tool for the refs to get a new and better deal. Can you imagine the fallout for the NFL if a ref came forward and admitted to being bribed..... if this was truly the case, the refs would have a new deal months before the old one expired.How dare you ruin a perfectly good conspiracy theory with critical thinking and logic. Now what will we blame for everything we dont understand?

Tmurda1984
09-25-2012, 07:50 PM
I hate these refs but theres one thing I like about them...They seemed to allow the cornerbacks to really get physical with receivers during those 1st 5 yards. I actually seeing more defense in the NFL when defense was nothing but hoping to get turnovers, and settling for an offense gaining 300 yards on you.

FBomb
09-25-2012, 08:23 PM
How dare you ruin a perfectly good conspiracy theory with critical thinking and logic. Now what will we blame for everything we dont understand?

Obama?

EliDaMANning
09-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Obviously you didn't watch the opening game against the cowboys they held our WR's especially CRUZ every chance they had and the REF's didn't throw anything. After this game I guess the NFL said they nned to be more aggressive in throwing flags for PI and calling hold penalties as you can see there have been more PI and holding penalties since 1990.
How do these refs magically not have a bias? Could you elaborate? Because the whole situation with the Saints fan reffing a Saints game shows some bias to me. Refs telling LaSean Mccoy they need him to score for their fantasy team shows bias as well. But ignorant statements are fun so carry on.LOL yeah I'm pretty sure the old refs had more incentive to be bias other than a fantasy football game. Especially in the giants pack playoff game. Something clearly fishy going on there. These professional nfl players are using refs as a cop out is sickening. I didn't see Coughlin or any Giants lashing out at them on twitter or the media after the Dallas game. I wasn't a big fan of coughlin initially but he has won over my respect 10 fold.