PDA

View Full Version : Will Keith Rivers play against the Eagles this week?

CruzSoldier
09-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Does anyone know if Rivers will play this week haven't heard much about his medical status?
He will be big in this game making sure Shady McCoy can't reach the edges and being able to track down Micheal Con-Vick.

TheAnalyst
09-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Honestly, we have so much speed at the LB spot with Kiwi, Boley, Williams that is Rivers isnt 100% he should sit before he reagrivates it again. Remember, it is more important to be healthier down the stretch then early in the year.

RoanokeFan
09-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Probably not

CruzSoldier
09-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Yes J. Will and Boley are fast enough but we will need them to cover Celek i'm confident that Boley can cover Celek 1 on 1 this game is going to come down to who ever O-line plays the best.

Dwinsballgames
09-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Isn't he still nursing a hammy?

RoanokeFan
09-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Isn't he still nursing a hammy?

Yes, yesterday, or the day before, he said he didn't know if he'd be ready for the Eagles. But with the array of talent we have at LB this year, I'd prefer Keith get 100% healthy and bring those fresh legs to the game in October.

GMan-67
09-25-2012, 05:12 PM
the hammys are frustrating .... Coe, Hosley, Rivers, Ojomo ... only good news is that we never saw any of them ... or at least i didnt ...leave the field grabbing at the hammy ... obviously limping ... so we are hoping just pulls and tweaks ... still hammys ... soft tissue injuries are tricky b/c you can practice fine and feel fine, but when the actual game requires 100-110% with Coe being the best example ... the hammy balks like it did on 2 TDs Coe gave up

of the 4 ... i will take Hosley ... he looks like the real deal ... but if we can get 2 or 3 of them back .... that would be sweet

RoanokeFan
09-25-2012, 05:14 PM
the hammys are frustrating .... Coe, Hosley, Rivers, Ojomo ... only good news is that we never saw any of them ... or at least i didnt ...leave the field grabbing at the hammy ... obviously limping ... so we are hoping just pulls and tweaks ... still hammys ... soft tissue injuries are tricky b/c you can practice fine and feel fine, but when the actual game requires 100-110% with Coe being the best example ... the hammy balks like it did on 2 TDs Coe gave up

of the 4 ... i will take Hosley ... he looks like the real deal ... but if we can get 2 or 3 of them back .... that would be sweet

If Hosley can get healthy, he could well be the surprise of the season on defense

burier
09-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Honestly, we have so much speed at the LB spot with Kiwi, Boley, Williams that is Rivers isnt 100% he should sit before he reagrivates it again. Remember, it is more important to be healthier down the stretch then early in the year.

What? Speed? I need guys who can play and right now as far as Linebackers go I only trust Boley and Rivers. If Rivers isn't playing then that's a bad thing.

CruzSoldier
09-25-2012, 05:24 PM
Honestly looking at Rivers play in preseason and the Dallas game he was looking like the best player on the field for the giants

Evo'Ed
09-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Arguably Jacquain and Rivers are our most athletic LB's.

Would love to see Rivers be healthy in order to slow down either McCoy or Celek.

Mr. G-Man
09-25-2012, 06:41 PM
when rivers took on a solid block from a dallas o-lineman and still managed to rip demarco murry down with one arm very aggressively, i was immediately sold. murry had a full head of steam which goes to show the raw power of rivers

RoanokeFan
09-25-2012, 07:02 PM
when rivers took on a solid block from a dallas o-lineman and still managed to rip demarco murry down with one arm very aggressively, i was immediately sold. murry had a full head of steam which goes to show the raw power of rivers

Rivers was one great move by Jerry Reese

drewz
09-25-2012, 07:21 PM

Dude was the biggest reason DeMarco Murray got shut down in the first half, I firmly believe if Keith Rivers is in the game, that 68 yard run doesn't happen.

Captain Chaos
09-25-2012, 09:12 PM
I certainly hope so, he is great athlete!

zimonami
09-25-2012, 09:22 PM
I'd like to see him sit this week and not risk aggrvating it... get healthy for the long run.

tonyt830
09-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Rivers was one great move by Jerry Reeseagreed, the 5th rd pick traded to get him was worth it. I have to tip my hat to Reese in the signing of Locklear as well. With Beatty missing time in camp and preseason, and now Diehl at RT, Locklear's versatility has been valuable.

I too would like to see Rivers play this week, but if the hammy is not 100%, no need to rush it this week.

speedman
09-25-2012, 09:51 PM
I thought Rivers played on special teams in the Carolina game.

drewz
09-25-2012, 11:03 PM
I thought Rivers played on special teams in the Carolina game.

That's where he got injured. I thought that was bizarre, why use him on special teams when he is day to day with a hamstring?

fourth&forever
09-26-2012, 12:30 AM
That's where he got injured. I thought that was bizarre, why use him on special teams when he is day to day with a hamstring?
yeah, I don't understand that one.