PDA

View Full Version : Diehl?

bbdynasty
09-25-2012, 06:58 PM
I know most of us hope that when deihl is healthy, locklear keeps the starting job at RT, but is that the case with the coaches? Not that it means much, but I haven't read anything at all to suggest that diehl has lost his job except from fans on this board. Anyone have any links to suggest we stick with out current line?

Buddy333
09-25-2012, 07:12 PM
I have a feeling that when cleared to play, Diehl will get his job as a starter back.

TheEnigma
09-25-2012, 07:19 PM
I have a feeling that when cleared to play, Diehl will get his job as a starter back.

http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx359/gotothere/no-god-no-o.gif

drewz
09-25-2012, 07:21 PM
If Diehl comes back and continues to whiff on pass rushers, I will lose my mind.. Diehl is terrible, Diehl must not be allowed to return to the starting line up

RoanokeFan
09-25-2012, 07:22 PM
We should hear something tomorrow on his status

bbdynasty
09-25-2012, 07:32 PM
http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx359/gotothere/no-god-no-o.gif

That's how i feel... i can't imagine why they'd put diehl back in considering how awesome the line played against carolina... I was really excited about that line and the possibilities that it presented.

TheEnigma
09-25-2012, 07:37 PM
That's how i feel... i can't imagine why they'd put diehl back in considering how awesome the line played against carolina... I was really excited about that line and the possibilities that it presented.

They did the same thing back in 2010 with Shaun O'Hara after he returned from injury and it screwed up our Oline. I just hope they learned from that mistake.

juice33s
09-25-2012, 07:38 PM
The sooner he comes back, probably the greater chance he gets at sgetting back his starting job, however the longer he takes and the better locklear plays, the less likely that happens.

It will come down to what degree his MCL sprain is. if its 1st degree and he's ready for Philly, then I could see him starting, however if it's the 3rd degree (the worst) he'll be out about a month and if all goes according to plan, will have played his last game as a NYG (Aside from the occasional swing tackle appearance).

RoanokeFan
09-25-2012, 07:40 PM
The sooner he comes back, probably the greater chance he gets at sgetting back his starting job, however the longer he takes and the better locklear plays, the less likely that happens.

It will come down to what degree his MCL sprain is. if its 1st degree and he's ready for Philly, then I could see him starting, however if it's the 3rd degree (the worst) he'll be out about a month and if all goes according to plan, will have played his last game as a NYG (Aside from the occasional swing tackle appearance).

What "plan" is that?

drewz
09-25-2012, 07:42 PM
What "plan" is that?

The plan Giants fans hope is secretly underway to keep Diehl out of the starting lineup.

Eliscruzzz
09-25-2012, 07:46 PM
I love DD but I hope and pray he doesn't start especially against the Eagles D-line.

juice33s
09-25-2012, 07:49 PM
What "plan" is that?
Locklear excelling in his absence

Manning
09-25-2012, 07:49 PM
He was secretly cut from the roster

Captain Chaos
09-25-2012, 08:07 PM
I think when he comes back he won't be 100% and won't get his job back. I think he will pick up a back up role.

bbdynasty
09-25-2012, 08:20 PM
locklear has just outright outperformed diehl, and not against just anyone (although TB and CAR dont have elite pass rushers, they do have young, physical and fast DE's that could've given some tackles a run for their money like TB did against the boys or CAR did against the saints)

baywest
09-25-2012, 11:49 PM
I think Diehl should have a chance for his position and it should be determined by his play at practice. I believe the coaches should put the best man on the field. If Diehl doesn't start we still need him as a back up. It takes a lot of time to develop a good tackle. Why do you thing they don't have Brewer in yet.

crossouttheeyes
09-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Diehl has to be a bottom 10 lineman in the NFL. He was never better than average and on the tail end of his career he's about as effective as a revolving door. Locklear is an above average right tackle and there's no reason he shouldn't be starting. I have a bad feeling Diehl will be starting when he's healthy though. If I have one complaint about this coaching staff, it's that they're overly loyal to their washed up guys, especially on the oline.

Hessian
09-26-2012, 12:19 AM
LMFAO at some of these posts, if the Giants staff feel the same he will play 2nd fiddle. Lets name the handful that didn't play like *** across the entire team in the first 6-7 quarters of this season.

crossouttheeyes
09-26-2012, 12:37 AM
LMFAO at some of these posts, if the Giants staff feel the same he will play 2nd fiddle. Lets name the handful that didn't play like *** across the entire team in the first 6-7 quarters of this season.
Diehl has been bad for 2 years. It's time to let him go. It's no coincidence that the line plays 10x better when he's hurt and Locklear is in there.

giantsfan420
09-26-2012, 12:43 AM
dont forget, they started lockler over DD at LT. that says something to me at least. LT is way more important in our offense than the RT bc we pass and depend on Eli. They trusted a FA one off season into our system to protect Eli's blindside over DD. Now, one could argue that it was bc the coaches wanted DD to be ready at RT for when Beatty returned so DD didnt have to swap back n forth...but I just dont see it that way. A blind chimpanzee can see Lockler has played leaps and bounds better than DD has. Lockler 3 weeks w the Giants>DD last 2 yrs (in terms of quality of play, I cant remember when DD played at the level Lockler is)

Plus, DD has missed almost 2 weeks of practice and u know hwo TC is with working a player back gradually. Thats his preference, if the situation allows it he does it. So I doubt DD would start vs Philly