PDA

View Full Version : Giants prepare for Eagles knowing every game is important

RoanokeFan
09-25-2012, 09:18 PM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/9/25/3408490/giants-eagles-nfc-east-standings-sunday-night-football/in/3169859

Excerpt: "Eagles quarterback Michael Vick (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1188/michael-vick) is entering his third season as the starter for the team, and the Giants have grown accustomed to what damage he can do on the field. Last year Vick dealt with injuries, but defensive end Justin Tuck (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2260/justin-tuck) still views Vick as a dangerous quarterback to not take for granted.

"I saw some plays in [the Arizona Cardinals (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/arizona-cardinals)] game where [Vick] still looked the same and he got out of the pocket and started running," said Tuck. "I think he's had some injuries on the O-Line and he's getting some clean shots at him and obviously that's going to take a toll on any player, not only him. I think he's still one of the most dangerous people on the football field." Read more...

JJC7301
09-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Every game IS important, and Vick IS a dangerous QB. Detractors can nail him all they want, but they guy is fully capable of throwing for 400 yards and running for 80 more in 1 game. I think that the Giants are a better team than the Eagles, but they are dangerous and so is Vick.

Would be nice to not just win 1 game, but sweep the season series for the first time since 2007.

bbdynasty
09-25-2012, 10:54 PM
lets not get ahead of ourselves lol. this week the giants have a long break to prepare, so theyll be well rested and have a good game plan practiced to a tee. II'm confident

Captain Chaos
09-26-2012, 05:22 AM
The G'men had success last week containing a very mobile QB who likes to run, the problem is that Vick's is spontaneous and when things break down in the passing game he can turn it on. They have passed for over 900 yds in their first three games and run for over 300. The numbers say that Vick is still a serious threat.

swimeasy
09-26-2012, 08:00 AM
The G'men had success last week containing a very mobile QB who likes to run, the problem is that Vick's is spontaneous and when things break down in the passing game he can turn it on. They have passed for over 900 yds in their first three games and run for over 300. The numbers say that Vick is still a serious threat.

Agreed, and Vick will be feeling the pressure to have a great game as his turnovers have caused some obvious angst and less than confident public statements from Reid. I'm hoping that actually compounds what he does when pressured externally and adds a few more turnovers. http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n265/Taroleon/GIFS/Smileys/stirpot.gif

Buddy333
09-26-2012, 08:09 AM
Vick is much more dangerous than Newton.

GameTime
09-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Vick is much more dangerous than Newton.

not this season so far.......
not taking anything for granted but its game 4 and he is already beat up and looking out of sync with the offense....
I thkn the Gemn see a heavy dose of Shady and unless they can stop him the Eagle will run run run this sunday. Not their MO but they have no choice right now. Vick is 1 hit away from being carted off.....

elismom
09-26-2012, 09:02 AM
RoanokeFan-They made you a moderator? What is the world coming to? Who is still on here? I don't see any harooni posts of recent. Moorehead?

Moke
09-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Vick is a dangerous player and many people here would probably disagree because they are in denial. I am worried about this game, even if I think the giants can pull out a victory, but this is a division game and no division game is easy.

swimeasy
09-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Vick is a dangerous player and many people here would probably disagree because they are in denial. I am worried about this game, even if I think the giants can pull out a victory, but this is a division game and no division game is easy.

IA Moke about not underestimating a division rival- especially the Eagles. Game Time also makes a good point about Shady. He was under-utilized last game and Vick took another pounding. Tuck seemed to have a good perspective on stopping the run as the usual priority.

PorkRoll
09-26-2012, 10:48 AM
As bad as the Giants and us fans want it, the Eagles and their fans want it just as bad. This is going to be a close game I fear, edge or your seat type of game.
But if the Giants come out with a W I think it will be a BIG boost for them going forward.

Toadofsteel
09-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Arizona's defense doesn't have the pass rush the Giants have (although they have a much better back end)... in the end our defense will put the hits on Vick and eventually cart him off the field.

Stopping the run is our bigger objective for week 4. I really hope Rivers is healthy... if he can open field tackle Demarco Murray for a loss, he can do some real damage to Shady's run...

swimeasy
09-26-2012, 11:09 AM
From Eagles mb:

"LaDainian Tomlinson Comments on our O-line and scheme

Listening to Sirius NFL radio this morning he commented on our O-line and offensive scheme. He said much like the Green Bay Packers we LOVE to pass too much. He also alluded to the fact that with our O-line we simply cant run that big play offense AT ALL. He said we are causing the majority of our turn overs by forcing this pass happy offense on a O-line that simply cant handle it.

Even more to the point he said that without a much more balanced offensive approach, and running the ball a much higher amount of snaps it wont matter who we have back there.

He was amazed how little we run the ball given that we have the talent to run it and are effective at it.

He also commented that we saw in the game with Green Bay what happens when you are one dimensional and are determined to only throw the ball even with the best QB in the league (Rogers) it is destined to fail. Because the defense can simply charge down field and only worry about crushing the QB.

He said that without a substantial change in offensive scheme we will continue to struggle and turn the ball over.

Go figure........ "

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/651049-ladainian-tomlinson-comments-on-our-o-line-and-scheme/

GMan-67
09-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Vick is dangerous ... Jackson is dangerous ... McCoy is very good ... Celek is good ... Babin and Cole are very, very good ... 2 good CBs ... LBs have been upgraded ... they beat the Ravens at home .... they struggled on the road, but still are 2-1

it's going to be a battle as always ... what i like is our 4th qtr. play and our road play (4th qtr. from 2 seasons ago aside)

i will go with the team that wins the turnover battle wins the game

Antwuan
09-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Huge game especially against a division rival very important game.

GameTime
09-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Vick is dangerous ... Jackson is dangerous ... McCoy is very good ... Celek is good ... Babin and Cole are very, very good ... 2 good CBs ... LBs have been upgraded ... they beat the Ravens at home .... they struggled on the road, but still are 2-1

it's going to be a battle as always ... what i like is our 4th qtr. play and our road play (4th qtr. from 2 seasons ago aside)

i will go with the team that wins the turnover battle wins the game
Eli...way better then Vick. IMO.....
Jackson is good but he is ***** over the middle and doesnt give 100% all the time. Giants passing game is much more veristal and overall just better. Celek...always seems to make the big play 3rd down conversin vs the Gmen. I like Bennet to counter that.
Eagles D is good to very good. But I thiink with more film on the "wide 9" the Giants will have nbew offensive wrikles to counter it.