PDA

View Full Version : anyone else feel this way?

gmenfan0488
09-25-2012, 10:05 PM
On paper, we should easily handle the Eagles on Sunday night, but I'm feeling a little uneasy. I know Vick's been awful, and the Eagles could easily be 0-3 now, but It;s a divisional game, so it's probably gonna end up close. Plus, the Eagles give us trouble over recent history, and if it's a close game, the foot locker rejects may blow a call and we lose. anyone else worried about this game?

Buddy333
09-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Im worried about this game because the own the Giants. Even when the Giants out play them they find a way to lose.

nygfan90
09-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Too soon for me to worry. If the Giants come out the same way we played the last five quarters of football, i won't be too worried.

joemorrisforprez
09-25-2012, 10:22 PM
On paper, we should easily handle the Eagles on Sunday night, but I'm feeling a little uneasy. I know Vick's been awful, and the Eagles could easily be 0-3 now, but It;s a divisional game, so it's probably gonna end up close. Plus, the Eagles give us trouble over recent history, and if it's a close game, the foot locker rejects may blow a call and we lose. anyone else worried about this game?

For all the reasons you noted, I'm concerned.

Im worried about this game because the own the Giants. Even when the Giants out play them they find a way to lose.

Gilbride ****s the bed on a regular basis when they play the Eagles....especially the running game.....which is why starting Bad Wheels has me worried.

GameTime
09-25-2012, 10:25 PM
cant worry....
**** the eagles

Gmen2005
09-25-2012, 10:26 PM
I think they use the momentum they gained against the Panthers, and come out to an early lead.

sc_markt
09-25-2012, 10:29 PM

I always worry when we play them. Must have something to do with the 'Miracle in the Meadowlands" and that 4th quarter comeback last year against us.

bbdynasty
09-25-2012, 10:30 PM
the past is the past. Right now, the GMEN have one of the best offenses in the league, and our defense is getting healthy and just shut down another of the best offenses in the league. I am of course concerned becasue it is a devision game, but there's no reason not to be confident.

Flip Empty
09-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Unfortunately, games aren't played on paper. Look at Minnesota vs San Francisco from earlier this week...

SackingMyths
09-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Oddly, I'm not worried. I think we started clicking in the 2nd half of TB and we're good to go.

And their O-Line's been f'd ever since Jason Peters went down. Kelce going on IR just sealed it.

31-16 Blue guys.

Hessian
09-25-2012, 10:41 PM
I would normally fret over a game like this, but not this time around. The Giants know they have the personnel to really beat up a team that is reeling, I'm not sure they felt this way in the past few years. Plus this in a way is like the cowboys game vs us, minus the desperation. A win here is a tell tale to whom will represent the division. That said 3 of the 4 are 2-1 and the skins could be that or better lol.

Buddy333
09-25-2012, 10:45 PM
I think the Giants do have a good team, but so do the Eagles. So many on this board keep bringing up that the Eagles could have lost all 3 games. Well the Giants didn't play great against Tampa and the Panthers are not a great team. Also, this is a divisional game and very rarely does either team win by a lot.

krygny
09-25-2012, 10:49 PM
I only worry about the Giants at home. They suck at home.

Hessian
09-25-2012, 10:50 PM
I think the Giants do have a good team, but so do the Eagles. So many on this board keep bringing up that the Eagles could have lost all 3 games. Well the Giants didn't play great against Tampa and the Panthers are not a great team. Also, this is a divisional game and very rarely does either team win by a lot.
The Giants ended up playing beyond great late in that game, even devout haters recognize that. I think that the Giants may (can I underscore may?) be able to use that as a propellent(wow) as the season goes along.

bbdynasty
09-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Giants have played great last 90 minutes. Hopefully they continue the trend, and the panthers were no pushover team honestly

JJC7301
09-25-2012, 10:53 PM
No way. I would NEVER feel that the Giants will handle the Eagles easier. I think the Giants are the better team, but the Eagles always have their #.

ny06
09-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Doesn't every game worry you?
This will be a tough game, division game, and the Eagles play the Giants well.

miked1958
09-25-2012, 11:18 PM
On paper, we should easily handle the Eagles on Sunday night, but I'm feeling a little uneasy. I know Vick's been awful, and the Eagles could easily be 0-3 now, but It;s a divisional game, so it's probably gonna end up close. Plus, the Eagles give us trouble over recent history, and if it's a close game, the foot locker rejects may blow a call and we lose. anyone else worried about this game?Eagles are due to put a complete game together. Let's hope they wait till next week on that

GameTime
09-25-2012, 11:22 PM
Eagles are due to put a complete game together. Let's hope they wait till next week on that
even still. All things being equal the Giants are a better team overall. If the Giants play a complete game they win....

joemorrisforprez
09-25-2012, 11:39 PM
even still. All things being equal the Giants are a better team overall. If the Giants play a complete game they win....

I think you start at the QB position.....Vick is a huge wild card, whereas Eli has been very steady, to say the least.

Eli would have seen that blitzer that totalled Vick and caused the huge fumble return for the Cards......it's that sort of play that could turn the game.

Even when Eli was younger, and more erratic, he always played well on the road v. Dallas and the Eagles. Now, he's at the height of his game. It's still early this season, but no QB is playing better than Eli right now....and that INCLUDES Rodgers, Brady, and Brees.

Captain Chaos
09-26-2012, 05:17 AM
Every divisional game in the NFC East is a nail biter IMO, lots of parity. That said I don't think that they will have the success they had at Carolina; however, I think they will be able to move the ball. Remember we moved the ball on the ground against the TB line, they are very solid. Don't think the Eagles front 7 has any more speed or ability. I think the difference maker this week will be Bennett, he will be a challenge for that D.

tonyt830
09-26-2012, 05:53 AM
On paper, we should easily handle the Eagles on Sunday night, but I'm feeling a little uneasy. I know Vick's been awful, and the Eagles could easily be 0-3 now, but It;s a divisional game, so it's probably gonna end up close. Plus, the Eagles give us trouble over recent history, and if it's a close game, the foot locker rejects may blow a call and we lose. anyone else worried about this game?All NFC East games will be a battle, no matter the teams records. All the Giants can do is play their game and execute in all 3 phases. I'm not going to worry about the replacement refs, it is what it is. They have been awful this season. The Giants need to come out fast and not put themselves in a situation where a "bad" call at the end of the game is a determining factor in the outcome.

giantsfam04
09-26-2012, 07:00 AM
I biggest concern is the layoff between the panthers game and this one. For some reason they seem to play flat when they have a long layoff. IMO the tone of this game is going to be set during the first few possession for each team. If we come out like we did against the panthers I like our chances, but if we come out flat and settle for field goals we may be in trouble. Philly is going to come out blazing, they just got embarrassed in Arizona and they might be playing for Reids job. We shall see come Sunday night, its going to be a good one.

Buddy333
09-26-2012, 07:54 AM
Lets not forget that they can get o the passer and just 2 weeks ago the Giants where thought of the worse OL's in the league. Maybe not as bad at pass protection as they where against he run, but still bad. Now, just 1 game against an ok team and the OL is fixed. The run game is back to 2008 and no team can touch Eli. I'm sorry but I need to see more than a game against the Panthers to say this OL is better.