PDA

View Full Version : If Bradshaw messes up our running game I am going to be LIVID...

NYG4lifeNYK
09-26-2012, 05:24 AM
We FINALLY have not only a good running game, not only a great running game but a POTENT run game.

If Bradshaw comes back and "reclaims' his starting position just because he has more experience and ****s up our chemistry and more importantly our production I'm going to be beside myself.

Andre Brown has out performed Bradshaw ten-fold. Brown is faster, stronger, more productive, a much better receiver, hungrier and more explosive.

Giving Bradshaw his starting job back is absolutely the wrong decision. We need to run the ball down Philly's throats. Not dance for no gain or a few yards.

I know Brown will still get his carries but it better be the majority of the carries and Bradshaw better not make our offense sputter.

Bradshaw gets on my last nerve sometimes. He's a warrior but he's not very productive regardless if our line was ****.

Breathe......... woosahhh......wooooooosahhhhhhhhhhh :eek:

Bradshaw is not the Bradshaw from 2010, it's time to give Brown his shot.

Rat_bastich
09-26-2012, 05:44 AM
I think if Bradshaw is ineffective I think Brown gets the call.

Flip Empty
09-26-2012, 05:53 AM
Basing all of this on the Panthers game? Their defense is atrocious.

Captain Chaos
09-26-2012, 05:54 AM
The Arizona Cardinals had 99 yards rushing, Ravens had 111, and Cleveland had 99 against the Eagles. That tells me we should be able to move the ball on the ground, the question which back is best suited to attack the Eagles wide 9, we shall see; however, the back either (Brown or Bradshaw) that is having the most success will get the most touches I would assume. This is a week that I would think Wilson's speed could really be effective. It will be a fun game to watch; however, I wouldn't worry about Bradshaw messing things up, the line is beginning to gel and anyone of the RBs should be able to have a big day!

NYG4lifeNYK
09-26-2012, 07:20 AM
I'm basing this off of Andre Browns ability.

GMENAGAIN
09-26-2012, 07:26 AM
He looked pretty good against the Bucs defense too and the Bucs pretty much shut down DeMarco Murray last week.

I think that they'll both get carries and that TC will lean more on the guy who has the hot hand

miked1958
09-26-2012, 07:53 AM
We FINALLY have not only a good running game, not only a great running game but a POTENT run game.If Bradshaw comes back and "reclaims' his starting position just because he has more experience and ****s up our chemistry and more importantly our production I'm going to be beside myself.Andre Brown has out performed Bradshaw ten-fold. Brown is faster, stronger, more productive, a much better receiver, hungrier and more explosive.Giving Bradshaw his starting job back is absolutely the wrong decision. We need to run the ball down Philly's throats. Not dance for no gain or a few yards.I know Brown will still get his carries but it better be the majority of the carries and Bradshaw better not make our offense sputter.Bradshaw gets on my last nerve sometimes. He's a warrior but he's not very productive regardless if our line was ****.Breathe......... woosahhh......wooooooosahhhhhhhhhhh :eek:Bradshaw is not the Bradshaw from 2010, it's time to give Brown his shot.You can't lose your starting job due to an injury.lets hope if this happens the giants don't wait till its to late to make the change

GameTime
09-26-2012, 07:53 AM
wow.....
you need to chill.
We are talking about AB here. The guy who runs with the biggest heart in the game......

fourth&forever
09-26-2012, 08:05 AM
The OP sounds like a nut. No respect for Bradshaw after ALL he's proven? Come on dude. You sound foolish.

Cool Papa B.
09-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Bradshaw may start, but Brown will get his carries. They'll rotate similar to Jacobs & Bradshaw. IMO Brown will get the majority of the carries. TC isn't going to give up wins just to satisfy Bradshaw.

Having a really good running game is getting me so excited because that is what we needed to make this offense leathal.

Cool Papa B.
09-26-2012, 08:42 AM
You can't lose your starting job due to an injury.

Phil Simms told me to tell you "Don't believe it!".....LOL

Seriously though I agree with you. But with Bradshaw basically limited in practice because of all the injuries to his feet, Can Brown potentially win the job? Brown is probably playing with a huge chip on his shoulder, eager to prove to TC and the whole world that he can play. Should be interesting to see how it all turns out.

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 08:52 AM
We FINALLY have not only a good running game, not only a great running game but a POTENT run game.

If Bradshaw comes back and "reclaims' his starting position just because he has more experience and ****s up our chemistry and more importantly our production I'm going to be beside myself.

Andre Brown has out performed Bradshaw ten-fold. Brown is faster, stronger, more productive, a much better receiver, hungrier and more explosive.

Giving Bradshaw his starting job back is absolutely the wrong decision. We need to run the ball down Philly's throats. Not dance for no gain or a few yards.

I know Brown will still get his carries but it better be the majority of the carries and Bradshaw better not make our offense sputter.

Bradshaw gets on my last nerve sometimes. He's a warrior but he's not very productive regardless if our line was ****.

You are basing this great, potent running game on one game's numbers. I sure hope we have a better running game than last season, but the Eagles are not the Panthers, Brown had a different Oline alignment in front of him and, most importantly, we don't have a one back system here, it's a tandem back system that allows us to use the talents of both backs, sometimes three backs, depending on defensive schemes and who is gaining the yards. Brown has had his "shot" and he excelled in that game, actually a game and a half. But can he do it consistently against potent, run stopping defensive teams? Only time will tell.

This hand wringing over Bradshaw's return unnecessary. How about we let the coaching staff that hasn't had a losing season under Coughlin decide who plays when. I'm pretty sure they are astute enough to do what they've always done and that's put the players on the field who help us win.

fletch842
09-26-2012, 08:57 AM
You are basing this great, potent running game on one game's numbers. I sure hope we have a better running game than last season, but the Eagles are not the Panthers, Brown had a different Oline alignment in front of him and, most importantly, we don't have a one back system here, it's a tandem back system that allows us to use the talents of both backs, sometimes three backs, depending on defensive schemes and who is gaining the yards. Brown has had his "shot" and he excelled in that game, actually a game and a half. But can he do it consistently against potent, run stopping defensive teams? Only time will tell.

This hand wringing over Bradshaw's return unnecessary. How about we let the coaching staff that hasn't had a losing season under Coughlin decide who plays when. I'm pretty sure they are astute enough to do what they've always done and that's put the players on the field who help us win.
how dare you argue with logic!!:)

Buddy333
09-26-2012, 08:59 AM
The running game is back? They played an ok Panthers team. I need to see a little more before saying its 2008 all over again. Oh, and the Eagles have a very good defense. They have a very good secondary and very good DL. This game may upset all the fantasy football people.

Buddy333
09-26-2012, 09:03 AM
One other thing. Against a great pass rush you would want a guy who is excellent at blocking. There are not to many RB's that block better than Bradshaw.

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 09:19 AM
how dare you argue with logic!!:) It's a flaw

BigBlue1971
09-26-2012, 09:50 AM
i dont know if Bradshaw will screw the running game up! actually if hes healthy he can only help.

remember Bradshaw has been our primary runner for 2-3 years now. i really dont think you have anything to worry about!

many teams utilize a dual back system so i welcome AB1 back into the fold obviously making it difficult for defenders.

ryan12
09-26-2012, 10:16 AM
wow.....
you need to chill.
We are talking about AB here. The guy who runs with the biggest heart in the game......

not anymore

ryan12
09-26-2012, 10:17 AM
if ab isnt running well he will get replaced

ryan12
09-26-2012, 10:19 AM

great sig by the way

Flip Empty
09-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Should bench Nicks because Barden was so awesome last week.

GameTime
09-26-2012, 10:31 AM
not anymore
running with heart doesnt mean he gets yards. Maybe it just means he is not finding the holes or there are no holes...
The guy still runs with heart IMO

Redeyejedi
09-26-2012, 10:39 AM

Bradshaw is not the Bradshaw from 2010, it's time to give Brown his shot.Bradshaw has not run well this season at all and it has nothing to do with injuries or Oline. He is timing the runs very poorly. Not knowing when to accelerate and when to wait for the block 2 develop

PRGiant
09-26-2012, 10:43 AM
So if Brown gets 100 yards but Eli gets killed, you're fine with that? I'm sure Coughlin won't be...

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 10:50 AM
So if Brown gets 100 yards but Eli gets killed, you're fine with that? I'm sure Coughlin won't be... Brown only messed up one block that he didn't hold long enough and Eli was sacked if I recall correctly

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Bradshaw has not run well this season at all and it has nothing to do with injuries or Oline. He is timing the runs very poorly. Not knowing when to accelerate and when to wait for the block 2 develop Maybe he can ask Brown how to do that?

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 10:58 AM
We can't give Brown too many carries or he will wear down by the end of the season. If Wilson or Scott could also step up, it would help the other RBs out by dividing the carries and keeping them that more fresh for the playoffs.

Toadofsteel
09-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Bradshaw isn't going to mess up our run game. On the other hand, if Diehl starts I will have a major problem...

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Bradshaw isn't going to mess up our run game. On the other hand, if Diehl starts I will have a major problem... I do think that's the bigger concern.

Diamondring
09-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Forget about 2008. This offense is way better. More weapons.

dezzzR
09-26-2012, 11:23 AM

Bradshaw is not the Bradshaw from 2010, it's time to give Brown his shot.You do know the Eagles have a very good front 4 and a good linebacking core, right?

NewConvert
09-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Like many of the posters here have said...It doesn't matter who starts the game...Whoever has the hot hand during the game be it Bradshaw or Brown, ride with it...I'm excited about what's developing in the Giants backfield...I've watched all three Eagles games this season and I know we can run on them...I think Bradshaw and Dre will put up good numbers against the "Dream Team"

Flip Empty
09-26-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm just going to leave this here:

Bradshaw in the 2011 regular season: 171 carries / 659 yards / 9 TDs

Brown in two games of this season: 33 carries / 184 yards / 2 TDs

NYKiller
09-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Bradshaw is finish. He is no longer good enough to be a number one back. It wasn't the O-Line alone that was responsible for the Giants last rank rushing attack last season. I predict Bradshaw will perform to the best of his ability in order to remain the number one back, he will start out looking good, but as the season goes along, Brown will show that he is the best man for the job as long as he is given enough carries.

Toadofsteel
09-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Bradshaw is finish. He is no longer good enough to be a number one back. It wasn't the O-Line alone that was responsible for the Giants last rank rushing attack last season. I predict Bradshaw will perform to the best of his ability in order to remain the number one back, he will start out looking good, but as the season goes along, Brown will show that he is the best man for the job as long as he is given enough carries.

I think that late this season into next season will complete the Changing of the Guard... Jacobs and Bradshaw will become Brown and Wilson...

Flip Empty
09-26-2012, 11:42 AM
It's hard to believe that Bradshaw is only 26.

giantsfan420
09-26-2012, 11:46 AM
i dunno how much we will see of wilson this game. phillys defense moves very fast, and hits very hard. its a diff kind of beast playing div rivals esp philly. we'll see him some but not much imo.

with brown, its kind of the same issue with Wilson. Philly's d is a diff beast than carolina, they move so fast and play so physical. If Brown plays like he looked after his first real big run vs Carolina walking back to the huddle like he he was the bad robot cop in Terminator 2, then I dont think it will matter much what d he sees, he'll punish them. but still, experience vs philly will be at a premium.

that said, all 3 rb's will have good days for their expectations. Wilson will have 1 or 2 nice runs imo. Brown will get like 15 carries for 70, and BShaw will have nearly the same.

Toadofsteel
09-26-2012, 11:46 AM
It's hard to believe that Bradshaw is only 26.

He's also a 7th round pick, and he fell that far due to the chronic feet issues he's had throughout his career. The fact that we got a 1000 yard rushing season out of him shows that he definitely exceeded expectations...

ryan12
09-26-2012, 11:48 AM
running with heart doesnt mean he gets yards. Maybe it just means he is not finding the holes or there are no holes...
The guy still runs with heart IMO

i dont see it this year imo he is fragile and they way he ran 1st few seasons with that heart and passion caught up to him. he is slow and doesnt run fearless anymore

ryan12
09-26-2012, 11:49 AM
I do think that's the bigger concern.

agreed i think even if healthy diehl should be on bench.. gives us good depth though

Redeyejedi
09-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Maybe he can ask Brown how to do that? Brown is doing that so maybe he can.

Redeyejedi
09-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Giants have run the ball well against Philly once in the last 3 years, the game they won.Other then that look at Bradshaws line against them. I cant remember the last time we had a 100 yard rusher. 2008 probably

GameTime
09-26-2012, 12:02 PM
If the Giants run game gets going and the defense plays a good game....the Eagles are toast.

B-Red22
09-26-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm basing this off of Andre Browns ability.

u never stopped to think it was the line that is now clicking??

Buddy333
09-26-2012, 12:06 PM
The 1st game in 2008 Jacobs had over 100 yards but the 2nd game they had 88 as a team. Since that game they have not had a 100 yard rusher. I do think as a team they may have had over 100 since that 1st game in 2008, but not an individual runner.

nhpgiantsfan
09-26-2012, 12:09 PM
None of our RB's are good enough to be a "one man show" right now. So let's just accept this as a great problem to have. Let them compliment each other like Jacobs did with Bradshaw the past few years. We all know Bradshaw can't do a full season as the lone RB getting all the snaps.

Let's not make Brown out to be a pro-bowl RB yet. He had a good game against a bad Panthers defense, and a hand full of good runs against a Tampa team that was getting absolutely torched by our passing attack, and couldn't stack the box.

I like him alot, and am really pulling for him, but he is not the saviour.

GameTime
09-26-2012, 12:11 PM
None of our RB's are good enough to be a "one man show" right now. So let's just accept this as a great problem to have. Let them compliment each other like Jacobs did with Bradshaw the past few years. We all know Bradshaw can't do a full season as the lone RB getting all the snaps.

Let's not make Brown out to be a pro-bowl RB yet. He had a good game against a bad Panthers defense, and a hand full of good runs against a Tampa team that was getting absolutely torched by our passing attack, and couldn't stack the box.

I like him alot, and am really pulling for him, but he is not the saviour.
not yet.....:)

CowboysSuck
09-26-2012, 12:17 PM
me too my friend, me too.

What can Brown do for you, AB1?

bluesince86
09-26-2012, 12:41 PM
He's also a 7th round pick, and he fell that far due to the chronic feet issues he's had throughout his career. The fact that we got a 1000 yard rushing season out of him shows that he definitely exceeded expectations...

I thought the reason he fell in the draft was due to character concerns because of an arrest in college. I think it had to do with being accused of stealing a playstation, I don't remember hearing concerns about his feet coming out of the draft

BeatYale
09-26-2012, 01:06 PM
I thought the reason he fell in the draft was due to character concerns because of an arrest in college. I think it had to do with being accused of stealing a playstation, I don't remember hearing concerns about his feet coming out of the draft

I don't think there were any really. Just the issues about character because of what you mentioned. There weren't concerns with his feet because he didn't make it known until his first foot related injury in the NFL. That's when he mentioned stuff along the lines of it being an old injury and how he's always played with pain etc.

BeatYale
09-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Eli, in an interview, did mention the Panthers were focused on not giving up big plays. That benefited the running game a lot. I'm not saying Brown sucks, I'm just saying that game shouldn't be used as some sort of measuring stick for his ability to consistently produce for us. He's only played 2 games thus far, and observers also mention improved play from our OLine in those 2 games.

TrueBlue@NYC
09-26-2012, 01:19 PM

So Brown has a good 1 1/2 games and all of a sudden he's more talented than AB? Talk aboiut jumping to conclusions. Biggest change is that right after AB went down so did DD which actually upgraded out OL at two spots with Beatty improving LT replacing Locklear and Locklear replacing DD at RT. AB didn have some problems because he got so used to the OL not opening holes that he would start cutting back too early, but he's proven time and again that he's a good RB.

Brown so far has proven he can be good for a game or two.

CowboysSuck
09-26-2012, 01:22 PM

Yes, you are correct.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2008-06-19/sports/17900856_1_mr-bradshaw-probation-juvenile-offense

GMan-67
09-26-2012, 01:27 PM
wow throwing dirt on Super Bowl hero Bradshaw ... miss a game for the Giants and you may as well retire per the "fans"

Antwuan
09-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Bradshaw can only help our running game, I still believe Brown will see a good amount of carries his way.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-26-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm just going to leave this here:

Bradshaw in the 2011 regular season: 171 carries / 659 yards / 9 TDs

Brown in two games of this season: 33 carries / 184 yards / 2 TDs

What's your point? Brown has never had his chance and he's making the most of it.

Bradshaw is nearing the end, his ankles are shot... I love Bradshaw for his passion but his production is declining.

He shouldn't be a starter for much longer.

I appreciate everything Bradshaw has given us it's time to let Andre Brown see what he can make of his career. if for nothing else ride Brown while he's "hot". Don't mess with what has been working.

gumby74
09-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Running Backs = Dime a dozen.

Eliscruzzz
09-26-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm a big believer in having one main back and let him get into a rhythm and wear the defense down and I don't think Bradshaw can do that anymore he is just to hurt all the time I would have Brown start and have Bradshaw come in as a change of pace back but I'm with the OP Brown needs to start I went back and forth about this but I think Bradshaw needs to come of the pine tar.

GameTime
09-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Brown and AB will be a tandem.....very simple.

BigBlue1971
09-26-2012, 03:05 PM

AB1 is not yet finished. being paired with AB2 will prolong his career and i look forward to these guys being one of the best duos in the league for a coupla more years!

both will get the carries and if either emerge as the clear starter then im sure TC will reward the victor!

GameTime
09-26-2012, 03:06 PM
AB1 is not yet finished. being paired with AB2 will prolong his career and i look forward to these guys being one of the best duos in the league for a coupla more years!

both will get the carries and if either emerge as the clear starter then im sure TC will reward the victor!
and there you have it folks.....its as simple as that.....

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 03:07 PM

Hence why some of us didn't like the Wilson pick. It's too easy to find RBs in the later rounds or UDFAs that can produce just as well.

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Brown is doing that so maybe he can.

Or maybe...lol I am cnfident the coaches will put the right guy in at the right time. They are as competitive as everyone else but I can't fault them for giving points to veterans

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 03:28 PM
and there you have it folks.....its as simple as that.....

So why are we continuing to repeat the offending phrase? :cool:

moosedrool
09-26-2012, 04:19 PM
For the people who don't believe Brown is the better back, or claim he hasn't played against a good defense yet, you can use yards after contact.

Bradshaw is declining. Here are his yards after contact:

2010 3.0
2011 2.5

Andre Brown's YAC this year is 3.7. Pretty much confirms what my eyes have witnessed.

I'd love to see Brown get 70% of the carries and Bradshaw the other 30%. Sprinkle in Wilson around midseason.

B&RWarrior
09-26-2012, 04:36 PM
AB can't mess up the running game. I didn't see any holes versus the Cowboys- point blank. I saw holes versus Tampa and Carolina. Most RBs are as good as the line blocking for them. Brown won't get yards if we don't block. AB>Brown. I'll take AB's body of work over 2 good games by Brown.

joemorrisforprez
09-26-2012, 05:41 PM

Coughlin better have a quick hook ready.

The offense finally looks like it has a running game.......I'm very concerned about going back to the same formula that has lost 7 of the last 8 games against the Eagles.

Gilbride has repeatedly failed to attack the Eagles defense, and in each loss, you can point to a complete lack of a running game.

So, instead of staying with the hot hand, who actually runs straight ahead, stays with his blockers, and can break arm tackles, Gilbride is gonig to give the ball to Bradshaw, who has lost a step, is never healthy enough to practice with the offensive line, is quick to bail on his running lane, and treats his blockers as an afterthought.

I really hope I'm eating crow on Monday....but this could be a disaster if Bradshaw gets the start and they stick with him too long.

joemorrisforprez
09-26-2012, 05:43 PM
The Arizona Cardinals had 99 yards rushing, Ravens had 111, and Cleveland had 99 against the Eagles. That tells me we should be able to move the ball on the ground, the question which back is best suited to attack the Eagles wide 9, we shall see; however, the back either (Brown or Bradshaw) that is having the most success will get the most touches I would assume. This is a week that I would think Wilson's speed could really be effective. It will be a fun game to watch; however, I wouldn't worry about Bradshaw messing things up, the line is beginning to gel and anyone of the RBs should be able to have a big day!

Answer: the running back who runs straight through the wide nine gaps and forces the linebackers to stop him with arm tackling.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-26-2012, 06:46 PM
We can't give Brown too many carries or he will wear down by the end of the season. If Wilson or Scott could also step up, it would help the other RBs out by dividing the carries and keeping them that more fresh for the playoffs.UH, you are talking about a very young guy. He will not wear down. You might be thinking of yourself and your age, if not that then it might be just your physical design.

I am 40(retired Navy), 6ft and 230, and still play balls to the wall football, albeit Flag football but it is very intense and we dont have all the rules about not blocking with hands and stuff. Also on Thanksgiving Day, we still get together for our annual TurkeyBowl and it is straight up tackle ball with no refs and we play with everyone that has graduated from our high school. So that means some guys are 21 years younger.

These guys in the NFL are at their prime and ready to kill anything that moves. He will survive if our line blocks for him.

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 06:59 PM
UH, you are talking about a very young guy. He will not wear down. You might be thinking of yourself and your age, if not that then it might be just your physical design.

I am 40(retired Navy), 6ft and 230, and still play balls to the wall football, albeit Flag football but it is very intense and we dont have all the rules about not blocking with hands and stuff. Also on Thanksgiving Day, we still get together for our annual TurkeyBowl and it is straight up tackle ball with no refs and we play with everyone that has graduated from our high school. So that means some guys are 21 years younger.

These guys in the NFL are at their prime and ready to kill anything that moves. He will survive if our line blocks for him.

The season isn't even a quarter of the way off and people are acting like Andre Brown is a workhorse back. He hasn't had this many carries per game since college and that has been a few years now. The last thing we want to do is put too much on this kid's shoulders when it isn't necessary. Instead of drinking the entire bottle of win in one or two sittings, divide it up you know?

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-26-2012, 07:05 PM
The season isn't even a quarter of the way off and people are acting like Andre Brown is a workhorse back. He hasn't had this many carries per game since college and that has been a few years now. The last thing we want to do is put too much on this kid's shoulders when it isn't necessary. Instead of drinking the entire bottle of win in one or two sittings, divide it up you know?I get ya, however, the only way to start getting a feature back is to SEE if he can be your workhorse. The Giants havent had a major feature back like other teams in a decade. If we find one, money can be spent in other areas of need.

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 07:51 PM
I get ya, however, the only way to start getting a feature back is to SEE if he can be your workhorse. The Giants havent had a major feature back like other teams in a decade. If we find one, money can be spent in other areas of need.

I don't think that's what the Giants want. It helps to have a tandem that can make defenses have to change their scheme/personnel depending on who is back there.

BlueSanta
09-26-2012, 08:04 PM
I think people need to hamper their expectations of Brown a lil considering the 2 teams he thrived against were 2 of the worst defenses in the league, and considering the holes were big enough for most NFL backs to have thrived.

I mean absolutely zero disrespect to brown and what he has done for us, but I think the replacement of Diehl, and the fact that we were playing the Bucs and Panthers has a lot more to do with our recent success in the run game than anything else.

That said, Brown has earned carries.

GameTime
09-26-2012, 08:08 PM
I think people need to hamper their expectations of Brown a lil considering the 2 teams he thrived against were 2 of the worst defenses in the league, and considering the holes were big enough for most NFL backs to have thrived.

I mean absolutely zero disrespect to brown and what he has done for us, but I think the replacement of Diehl, and the fact that we were playing the Bucs and Panthers has a lot more to do with our recent success in the run game than anything else.

That said, Brown has earned carries.
dont worry...If Brown has a bad game they will asking for Wilson or Scott...

Ruttiger711
09-26-2012, 09:41 PM
You only have to look no further than the Jets to see what happens when you cast away good backs for one that shows some flash in a couple of games.

I'm not saing AB2 is lucky, but way too early to cast AB1 aside.... "bad wheels"... seriously SMH.

appodictic
09-26-2012, 10:09 PM

News flash. Giants always split carries!

giantsfan420
09-26-2012, 10:09 PM
blue santa-
a part of ur post isnt accurate at all. maybe a couple of runs he had huge holes, but for the most part he pressed whatever hole (and it certainly wasnt this big hole, more like a crack) and made big runs out of very little. he was breaking a ton of tackles, and was very good at getting through the C and G gap on that shotgun draw.

he avg. 3.7 yds after contact, which was higher than bradshaws 3.1 mark last year. thats AFTER contact which is indicative to how the rb is playing, not OL. he has been impressive man. granted the two defenses werent all time, but, tb was i believe the 2 ranked vs the run or 1rst when we played them (they allowed TEN yards to carolina and that rush offense) and carolina's d struggled vs the pass not the run....still tho i agree its early. im hoping he can have at the least an avg day vs philly, hoping for a big day tho

gumby74
09-26-2012, 10:13 PM

Hence why some of us didn't like the Wilson pick. It's too easy to find RBs in the later rounds or UDFAs that can produce just as well.

Exactly.

Eli TO Shockey
09-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Bradshaw has a fire lit under him. I expect him to come out sunday and run angry. I cant wait.

GentleGiant
09-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Should bench Nicks because Barden was so awesome last week.

Wait WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

appodictic
09-26-2012, 10:41 PM
blue santa-
a part of ur post isnt accurate at all. maybe a couple of runs he had huge holes, but for the most part he pressed whatever hole (and it certainly wasnt this big hole, more like a crack) and made big runs out of very little. he was breaking a ton of tackles, and was very good at getting through the C and G gap on that shotgun draw.

he avg. 3.7 yds after contact, which was higher than bradshaws 3.1 mark last year. thats AFTER contact which is indicative to how the rb is playing, not OL. he has been impressive man. granted the two defenses werent all time, but, tb was i believe the 2 ranked vs the run or 1rst when we played them (they allowed TEN yards to carolina and that rush offense) and carolina's d struggled vs the pass not the run....still tho i agree its early. im hoping he can have at the least an avg day vs philly, hoping for a big day tho

So you think that Brown will continue getting 3.7 yards after contact? That means he gets more yards after contact then some running backs get BEFORE contact, brown must be amazingly good.

Eli TO Shockey
09-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Wait WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lmao. Some people

bebil10
09-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Im worried, the past 2 years bradshaw has been running like he has a foot to protect, he does, but that doesn't lead to good running, brown ran great the past week and a half. It has been a year and half since bradshaw has shown to be able to run well consistently. Injuries, may have lost him a step. For those saying if bradshaw falters they will go to brown, what if its too late for that?

Eli TO Shockey
09-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Im worried, the past 2 years bradshaw has been running like he has a foot to protect, he does, but that doesn't lead to good running, brown ran great the past week and a half. It has been a year and half since bradshaw has shown to be able to run well consistently. Injuries, may have lost him a step. For those saying if bradshaw falters they will go to brown, what if its too late for that?

Are you questioning our organizations decision making ?

bebil10
09-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Are you questioning our organizations decision making ?
name the last time bradshaw had a game like brown did last week. Also we don't have the best regular season record, and some of that has to do with getting the decisions right early.

Eli TO Shockey
09-26-2012, 10:59 PM
name the last time bradshaw had a game like brown did last week. Also we don't have the best regular season record, and some of that has to do with getting the decisions right early.

Andre brown will take the role Jacobs played last year. All will be we'll in our backfield .

bebil10
09-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Andre brown will take the role Jacobs played last year. All will be we'll in our backfield .

worst rushing team in the league last year. You know brown looked good the last week and a half, and bradshaw has been mr run into the o-lines backsides the last 23 games. I fail to see how good game overall gets improved by subtracting from that and adding a back who runs into his own oline.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-26-2012, 11:17 PM
News flash. Giants always split carries!

New flash, I never mentioned anything about Bradshaw not getting carries. I said he should not be the starter right now unless he warrants it with his production.

Bradshaw has a fire lit under him. I expect him to come out sunday and run angry. I cant wait.

I hope so more than anyone.

Parademon
09-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but last time the Giants had a featured back was Tiki. He was a workhorse & could carry the load. Since he retired in 06, the G-men have been a RB by commitee type team, which I've been fine with, it's been good enough to get us 2 rings. TC knows what he is doing better than any of us. Have faith in him & his coaching staff. If our RBs rush for over 100+ yds Sunday night, we win going away.

Buddy333
09-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Just throwing this out there. Maybe the Panthers are not a very good team. Maybe that had something to do with their success. I like Brown, and I think he will help the running game, but I need more than a game to say they are back to 2008 form. I mean two weeks ago they had a horrible OL and now everyone thinks they are back to 2008 form. The Giants have not had a 100 yard rusher against the Eagles since the 1st time the played in 2008. Their defense is still very good. I want nothing more than for the Giants to have both Bradshaw and Brown go over 100 yards against them. Based on their recent match ups and the defense they have it would not surprise me if the Giants don't get 100 yards rushing as a team. Oh, and with that defense it will be nice o have Bradshaw in the game blocking.

BlueSanta
09-27-2012, 07:43 AM
blue santa-

Again, I did not say he was anything short of excellent. He deserves more carries. But it was the Bucs and Panthers. Lets keep feeding him some carries and see what he can do versus the varsity before declaring him prom king.

Bradshaw has clearly shown some wear on his wheels. But, you cannot compare last seasons stats versus the of 2 weakest opponents on our schedule this year and make an honest decision. And , as I said, our revamped Oline has a LOT to do with our success. You can deny it all you want but the holes in the Caroline defense were there, and while they may not have been gaping lanes, they were a heck of a lot better than they were last year. Any back will get more yards after contact once he is through the hole. Ask Monte Ball @ Wisconsin how having hole to run through helps your yard after contact stat.

I am far less worried about the return of Bradshaw hurting our run game than I am the return of Diehl hurting it.

TheEnigma
09-27-2012, 08:12 AM
Here are some interesting statistics from PFF that should give us a clue on where to run the ball

New York Giants: Typically teams have their lowest yards per attempt when they run up the middle. However, when Andre Brown and Ahmad Bradshaw have done it, they’ve made 131 yards on 17 carries for an average of 7.7 yards per attempt.

Philadelphia Eagles: Philadelphia has the top two 4-3 defensive ends in Run Stop Percentage. Jason Babin is dominating the category at 18.2, while Darryl Tapp is second at 14.3.

The success up the middle is most likely bloated due to the Panthers having little talent at DT but since we are going up against the tweener Fletcher Cox, we can probably take advantage of him in the running game.

Hooligans
09-27-2012, 07:49 PM

EVERY team that plays Carolina will have a fantastic running game......the Panthers defense sucks. Brown did his job......but he was cut 7 times off of 5 teams for a reason-he isn't that good. Bradshaw is much better than Brown...learn the game before spouting off with such delusional nonsense.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-27-2012, 07:52 PM
EVERY team that plays Carolina will have a fantastic running game......the Panthers defense sucks. Brown did his job......but he was cut 7 times off of 5 teams for a reason-he isn't that good. Bradshaw is much better than Brown...learn the game before spouting off with such delusional nonsense.

Get a clue and you'll realize I said I wasn't basing this off one game.

Bradshaw is slowing down. Brown is the more effective back. You will see that going forward.

Hooligans
09-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Get a clue and you'll realize I said I wasn't basing this off one game.

Bradshaw is slowing down. Brown is the more effective back. You will see that going forward.
To suggest Brown is the better back than Bradshaw is to be more than stupid.....Brown was cut 7 times from 5 teams for a reason...he isn't that good.

ShakeandBake
09-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Why won't this dumbass thread die? As others have said anointing Brown at this point is premature, especially considering the run defense we faced last week,

sc_markt
09-27-2012, 08:12 PM
We FINALLY have not only a good running game, not only a great running game but a POTENT run game.If Bradshaw comes back and "reclaims' his starting position just because he has more experience and ****s up our chemistry and more importantly our production I'm going to be beside myself.Andre Brown has out performed Bradshaw ten-fold. Brown is faster, stronger, more productive, a much better receiver, hungrier and more explosive.Giving Bradshaw his starting job back is absolutely the wrong decision. We need to run the ball down Philly's throats. Not dance for no gain or a few yards.I know Brown will still get his carries but it better be the majority of the carries and Bradshaw better not make our offense sputter.Bradshaw gets on my last nerve sometimes. He's a warrior but he's not very productive regardless if our line was ****.Breathe......... woosahhh......wooooooosahhhhhhhhhhh :eek:Bradshaw is not the Bradshaw from 2010, it's time to give Brown his shot. I still think Bradshaw is a potent weapon for us. And I liked what I have seen in Brown so far. Seems to me they both are valuable.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-27-2012, 08:22 PM
To suggest Brown is the better back than Bradshaw is to be more than stupid.....Brown was cut 7 times from 5 teams for a reason...he isn't that good.

Cruz wasn't even drafted........

To suggest players that get cut aren't capable of becoming great players is well foolish.

Anyway ease up brother, we both root for the same team.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Why won't this dumbass thread die? As others have said anointing Brown at this point is premature, especially considering the run defense we faced last week,
How about Tampa?

This topic is not based on 2 games. It's based on the talent that brown possesses and the fact that Bradshaw is slowing down.

blueomaha
09-27-2012, 08:41 PM
the NYG have been looking for the right combo of backs to have a more balanced attack...this might be it...one back can't carry the load for a whole season...ask AP....Brown has thrown the spotlight on AB...let the competition begin........stay blue

ShakeandBake
09-27-2012, 08:42 PM
How about Tampa?

This topic is not based on 2 games. It's based on the talent that brown possesses and the fact that Bradshaw is slowing down.

Right, I know that Brown had a significant amount of touches in both games, but frankly his performance against Tampa was good, but not anything spectacular. You think he is going to supplant Bradshaw, yet Bradshaw put up similar numbers against Dallas so referencing the Tampa game in that regard is a moot point. Brown's performance against Carolina on the other hand was great, however they have one of the worst, if not the worst run defense in the league, so the jury is still out on Brown.

The point is that we are 3 games into the season, and some people are already discounting Bradshaw based on an extremely small sample of what Brown has done/can do. It's way too early to proclaim Brown as our next featured back, and people discounting Bradshaw already so early in the year are absolutely ridiculous.

GameTime
09-27-2012, 08:44 PM
chill out bro....no need to call the guy stupid. If Brown winds up developing into a very good back then you will have to use that term for yourself. You dont know what he can do. The NFL is filled with sories like his. Give the kid a break

joemorrisforprez
09-27-2012, 08:49 PM
.....Brown was cut 7 times from 5 teams for a reason...he isn't that good.

Coming back from a ruptured Achilles likely had a lot to do with it.

Brown never quit, beat out Ware for the last spot, and so far, has easily been the most impressive running back on the team.

And now, we find out that Bradshaw has a bulging disk in his neck...... the sooner they transition Bradshaw to a platoon spot, the better for this rushing attack. He is simply not durable enough to be the #1 guy. And this has been going on for years now....it's not like he suddenly got injured.

Frankly, he was at his best when he was backing up Jacobs.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Right, I know that Brown had a significant amount of touches in both games, but frankly his performance against Tampa was good, but not anything spectacular. You think he is going to supplant Bradshaw, yet Bradshaw put up similar numbers against Dallas so referencing the Tampa game in that regard is a moot point. Brown's performance against Carolina on the other hand was great, however they have one of the worst, if not the worst run defense in the league, so the jury is still out on Brown.

The point is that we are 3 games into the season, and some people are already discounting Bradshaw based on an extremely small sample of what Brown has done/can do. It's way too early to proclaim Brown as our next featured back, and people discounting Bradshaw already so early in the year are absolutely ridiculous.

Has nothing to do with 2 games.

Bradshaw hasn't been the same Bradshaw since 2010.

Injuries are taking it's toll.

Redeyejedi
09-27-2012, 09:12 PM
To suggest Brown is the better back than Bradshaw is to be more than stupid.....Brown was cut 7 times from 5 teams for a reason...he isn't that good.He was cut because he blew out his Achilles and wasnt back to full strength

Redeyejedi
09-27-2012, 09:13 PM

The point is that we are 3 games into the season, and some people are already discounting Bradshaw based on an extremely small sample of what Brown has done/can do. It's way too early to proclaim Brown as our next featured back, and people discounting Bradshaw already so early in the year are absolutely ridiculous.Stats are misleading Bradshaw was bad against the Cowboys. He had 1 good run after the Giants were down 2 scores

ShakeandBake
09-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Has nothing to do with 2 games.

Bradshaw hasn't been the same Bradshaw since 2010.

Injuries are taking it's toll.

He can't carry the load by himself but if you think he is done you've lost your marbles.

ShakeandBake
09-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Stats are misleading Bradshaw was bad against the Cowboys. He had 1 good run after the Giants were down 2 scores

Ok we're getting away from the point here, but it's not as if Brown was great against Tampa. It's way too early to tell whether or not he will continue performing like he did in the Carolina game.

Redeyejedi
09-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Or maybe...lol I am cnfident the coaches will put the right guy in at the right time. They are as competitive as everyone else but I can't fault them for giving points to veteransThey are fiercely loyal i'll give them that.They give the vet every opportunity almost to a fault. I hope Bradshaw comes out more focused. He has to know his career is on the line as a Giant.This team has cap issues and a number of young FA's/ If Brown out performs him and a first round rookie on this roster saving his 5 million in cap space will look attractive

Redeyejedi
09-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Ok we're getting away from the point here, but it's not as if Brown was great against Tampa. It's way too early to tell whether or not he will continue performing like he did in the Carolina game. im talking about running style right now . Watch the games Bradshaw is timing his runs terribly. Im hoping the added pressure of Brown gets him going

Redeyejedi
09-27-2012, 09:24 PM
He can't carry the load by himself but if you think he is done you've lost your marbles.he should be out there in passing situations for sure

ShakeandBake
09-27-2012, 09:41 PM
im talking about running style right now . Watch the games Bradshaw is timing his runs terribly. Im hoping the added pressure of Brown gets him going

The offensive run blocking has been horrid outside of last week when Bradshaw got hurt. I think it was less terrible timing and more of him trying to improvise because of the inevitability that the play would be blown up in the backfield.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-27-2012, 10:25 PM
He can't carry the load by himself but if you think he is done you've lost your marbles.

He should not be the starter anymore. Brown and eventually Wilson should assume that role. Brown has a ton of talent. Let's see him in a big game.

ShakeandBake
09-27-2012, 10:53 PM
He should not be the starter anymore. Brown and eventually Wilson should assume that role. Brown has a ton of talent. Let's see him in a big game.

I was one of the biggest advocates for keeping Brown over Ware, but as I said earlier I think our running issues have more to do with our offensive line than it does with the RB.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-27-2012, 11:35 PM
I was one of the biggest advocates for keeping Brown over Ware, but as I said earlier I think our running issues have more to do with our offensive line than it does with the RB.

I'm not arguing against that however Bradshaw hasn't looked good even with decent/good blocking this season.

He's clearly lost a step and he dances way too much.

Brown finds the hole no matter how small and hits it so quick. He's powerful and quick. His protection is getting much better and he's hands down THE best receiving back we've had in years.

giantsfan420
09-27-2012, 11:42 PM
i dont know if any of thats true nyg...i think ur going too far

NYG4lifeNYK
09-28-2012, 12:11 AM
i dont know if any of thats true nyg...i think ur going too far

Elaborate?

Bradshaw is still a GOOD RB however he should not be starting anymore.

JJC7301
09-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Agreed. AB's my favorite player, but if he's not getting the job done you're going to see Brown get the carries.

At least that's what I hope TC will do.

gmenfan0488
09-28-2012, 12:21 AM
They should split carries, if Bradshaw isn't producing, Brown's gonna get more if he keeps up what he's been doing, it isn't rocket science, and TC is smart enough to know that. The bigger concern, though, is Diehl. Once he went down, our line got instantly better, hopefully he stays on the bench or gets yanked if we can't run