PDA

View Full Version : Will the G'men be able to throw on the Eagles?

Captain Chaos
09-26-2012, 05:10 AM
Just taking a look at the stats:

Browns: 111 yds Passing
Ravens: 232 yds Passing
Cards: 193 yds Passing

Pretty stingy, Flacco in his first three games had 299 in a win against the Bengals, 232 vs the Egirls, and 382 vs the Pats. Could Eli be in trouble this week?

Will the Giants be able to Pass for more than 200 yds this week?

tonyt830
09-26-2012, 05:59 AM

Pretty stingy, Flacco in his first three games had 299 in a win against the Bengals, 232 vs the Egirls, and 382 vs the Pats. Could Eli be in trouble this week?

Will the Giants be able to Pass for more than 200 yds this week?I think that the run game might be used to set up the pass this week. If Brown and Bradshaw can run for 125 to 150 yards combined, I can see the Eli and the Giants being able to get 230 to 250 passing yards. The O-line will have their hands full with the Eagles front 4, but our O-line has been starting to gel more the passed 2 games.

miked1958
09-26-2012, 06:15 AM
Yes. Eli will have 300/350 and 4tds

GameTime
09-26-2012, 06:51 AM

How do you compare the those teams to Eli and his recieving corp???
The Giants will be able to throw vs the eagles.......

Buddy333
09-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Don't care as long as they win. Stats are nice and all but the only thing hat counts is the W. Throwing for 200 or 300+ yards does not guarantee a win.

fletch842
09-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Don't care as long as they win. Stats are nice and all but the only thing hat counts is the W. Throwing for 200 or 300+ yards does not guarantee a win.
+1

BJacobs aka The Problem
09-26-2012, 08:23 AM
I think it's possible. If the Giants can establish the ground game early, it will definitely open things up for the pass. The Eagles look like they have a pretty decent defense. Think about it, they have 12 turnovers in 3 games and yet, they're 2-1. That says a lot about the defense keeping them in the game even though the offense is trying to blow it.

It's all going to come down to how the offensive line does(Captain Obvious to the rescue!). If they can keep Babin and Cole off of Eli and open some holes for Brandshaw and Brown, Eli will have a good game. I don't think, with the exception of DRC, that they can cover our receivers one on one and be successful.

giantsfan420
09-26-2012, 08:24 AM
over 400 ydds is my guess. Philly has a good defense, and the pass coverage on short to intermediate routes can be exceptional; which is why we will attack them vertically. we will attempt to run then PA deep. if thats not there, we'll go to a more spread/pass heavy option

BigBlue1971
09-26-2012, 08:44 AM

no doubt Eli will throw on the egirls! with Nicks, Cruz, Bennett, Barden and Randle i suspect Eli will approach if not exceed the 300 yard game!

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 08:53 AM
I expect Bennett to have a big game.

Moke
09-26-2012, 09:00 AM

This my friend. I have a feeling that the run game will be very weak this game but I've been surprised before so let's see how that fairs out.

I really believe that Bennett will be the key factor in the game, catching well over 60 yards and getting at least 1 TD in the game.

elismom
09-26-2012, 09:06 AM
We can throw on anyone. So yes. But if we don;t block up front we will throw alot but also Eli will take alot of hits. I think nnamdi is the most overrated DB in football. Should have stayed on the west coast. Guy gets beat weekly. If nicks suitsup and Hixon suits up Gilbride is goign to pen up a circus in philly sunday night

elismom
09-26-2012, 09:07 AM
This my friend. I have a feeling that the run game will be very weak this game but I've been surprised before so let's see how that fairs out.

I really believe that Bennett will be the key factor in the game, catching well over 60 yards and getting at least 1 TD in the game.

Don't be suprised if Bennett gets ignored either. Eagles have a huge LB crew. He may and will eventually play decoy. NO harm no foul. Cruz may get alot of intermediate stuff 7-15 yd range to make up for bennett. Easy ain't dumb brother

ryan12
09-26-2012, 09:10 AM

im starting to expect that from him every game... huge pick up for us

Moke
09-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Don't be suprised if Bennett gets ignored either. Eagles have a huge LB crew. He may and will eventually play decoy. NO harm no foul. Cruz may get alot of intermediate stuff 7-15 yd range to make up for bennett. Easy ain't dumb brother

True. Nevertheless, you don't need to put up big yards or TDs to be a key factor in the game. Like you said, Bennett being targeted might open up other holes on offense.

I expect Eli and co. to fully exploit the defense that way, be spreading the ball around.

elismom
09-26-2012, 09:23 AM
True. Nevertheless, you don't need to put up big yards or TDs to be a key factor in the game. Like you said, Bennett being targeted might open up other holes on offense.

I expect Eli and co. to fully exploit the defense that way, be spreading the ball around.

thats part of being the team. I grabbed him in fantasy. At my draft I loved this kid Bennett. But this week I sit him and start Pettigrew.

Diamondring
09-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Don't care as long as they win. Stats are nice and all but the only thing hat counts is the W. Throwing for 200 or 300+ yards does not guarantee a win.But scoring tds is a stat as well and if we get more points? you know the rest.

Buddy333
09-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Right, but if Eli only has 175 yards they can still win. What if the defense scores 2 TD's? Or what if the defense forces a couple of TO's that put the Giants offense in the red zone? Just saying, I'm not concerned about the yards as much as I am the final score. Of course I would like to see him remain at the top with passing yards after 4 games.

GameTime
09-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Right, but if Eli only has 175 yards they can still win. What if the defense scores 2 TD's? Or what if the defense forces a couple of TO's that put the Giants offense in the red zone? Just saying, I'm not concerned about the yards as much as I am the final score. Of course I would like to see him remain at the top with passing yards after 4 games.
Another way to say what you descibed is Eli and the O will do what it takes to score. Whether thats having to have 80 yard drives or short drives. They will make it happen. There is a lot more tape on the "wide 9" they play now. I expect the O to have a few wrinkles for that D scheme.
I look for the Giants D to have to step it up this game. If they do Eagles will go down.

OX1
09-26-2012, 11:15 AM

Browns, 23rd is passing yards, Cards, 28th in passing yards.

Ravens weren't totally shut down and are 3rd in passing yards,
but guess who is 2nd?????.

TrueBlue@NYC
09-26-2012, 12:09 PM
With Eli and our receivers we can pass on anybody.

Antwuan
09-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Yes I think so.

The question should be will the Eagles to stop the Giants WR's?

I see the Giants getting more the 200 Yards passing.

GMan-67
09-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Kolb was 17/24, 222, 2 TD, 0 INT .. .sack totals put them under 200, but Kolb aint no Eli .... im not saying 300 yards unless we get way behind, but between 200 and 300 seems most likely

Antwuan
09-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Eli Manning averaged 259 yards passing vs Eagles last season in the 2 games, I don't see that dropping off much.

DemandedAce
09-26-2012, 12:52 PM
You're comparing Eli and co to the Weeden, Kolb, and Flacco? You should be ashamed to call yourself a Giants' fan lol

egyptian420
09-26-2012, 01:47 PM
If we can run the ball like we did last week, who cares how many yards Eli has?

jerseytom
09-26-2012, 02:03 PM
We seen Barden show flashes against Carolina,so why not go 3/4 wide maybe Barden as a TE with Bennett and maybe Wilson out of the bk field, we need to throw something at Philly they have not seen,Yes I believe we can light Philly up thru the air if our line can hold them.Bradshaw is a graet blocker,Bennett is a great blocker,and with Nicks ,Cruz,Hixon and Barden.Hell someone is going to break 1 maybe 2 for a big play.imo

Diamondring
09-26-2012, 03:06 PM
If we can run the ball like we did last week, who cares how many yards Eli has?One thing you need to learn about football and that is you don't care. If Eli struggles, then that can limit the offense.

ashleymarie
09-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Yes. Eli will have 300/350 and 4tds

Gutsy. :D I like it.

B&RWarrior
09-26-2012, 03:39 PM
If we can run we'll pass. If it has to be all Eli. It will be rough going. This is going to be a hard fought game.

giantsfan420
09-26-2012, 04:23 PM
dont forget ppl, eli's arch nemesis Asante Samuel is gone. I aint worried at all about that secondary. sure, they may force eli to throw it away bc they have tight coverage, but asante would leave his responsibility all the time and jump routes and get picks...so glad he's finally gone. eli will light them up. 400 yds.

JesseJames
09-26-2012, 04:40 PM
if our O line plays up to the level they played last week there is no reason to think we can't beat the Eagles with a good mix of run and pass and a large dose of the Black Unicorn...

egyptian420
09-26-2012, 06:04 PM
One thing you need to learn about football and that is you don't care. If Eli struggles, then that can limit the offense.I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say...I'm saying if we can rush the ball just as well as last week it won't matter if Eli throws over 200....he can have a 180 yard game with a TD and we can still win.

Captain Chaos
09-26-2012, 07:00 PM
You're comparing Eli and co to the Weeden, Kolb, and Flacco? You should be ashamed to call yourself a Giants' fan lol

I simply gave you some data to make an informed decision, it was you who were supposed to make the comparison; if he's better than he will obviously will pass for more than 200 yds. I will not retaliate with respect to your intellectual capability, as it appears that you are unarmed!

badnews13
09-26-2012, 07:11 PM

Eli "Eazy E" Manning is much better than the above QBs mentioned... also Giants have a better group of receivers than the above mentioned teams. Expect the Giants to suck the safeties in with alot of running plays and then catch the birds sleeping with play action!!!

bbdynasty
09-26-2012, 07:17 PM
eli has thrown for 200+ yards in 44 straight games, i don't think thats about to end anytime soon

NYG4lifeNYK
09-26-2012, 07:54 PM
300+ easily

NYG4lifeNYK
09-26-2012, 07:55 PM
300+ easily

expect a HUGE day.. 3+ TD's as well

crossouttheeyes
09-27-2012, 12:40 AM
The Ravens are the only team they played that even have a semblance of a passing attack, and Flacco is still extremely inconsistent. The Eagles have a good pass defense, but their safeties are bad and our receivers are better than their corners. Eli is one of the best QBs in the game and we have the best WR corps in the league in addition to Martellius Bennet. If the oline doesn't give them a jailbreak every play, they're not stopping our passing game. The run game would help, but even without it I don't think they'll stop us.

TL;DR: We have arguably the best passing game in the league, we can pass on anyone.

GiantRoc
09-27-2012, 02:00 AM
I haven't read the whole post, but how can you equate Flacco, Weeden and Kolb to Eli? Not to mention having 2 of the most potent receivers in the game today. I am brand new to this board, but I have been a Giant fan since about '66. If you are truly a Giant fan, you must know you are probably seeing a man who will one day be called the best QB in Giants history. Barring mental or emotional let downs, I can't see the Giants passing attack slowing down.

DemandedAce
09-27-2012, 02:04 AM
I simply gave you some data to make an informed decision, it was you who were supposed to make the comparison; if he's better than he will obviously will pass for more than 200 yds. I will not retaliate with respect to your intellectual capability, as it appears that you are unarmed!
Lol mr. Sensitive after starting a thread making the ridiculous comparison. Whatever bro

ashleymarie
09-27-2012, 03:43 AM

I certainly hope they have more than 175 yds but as you said we can take the whole ballgame with or without it.

ashleymarie
09-27-2012, 03:59 AM
300+ easily

Love your sig, man. That's cool. eh or hot.

BurnerNYG
09-27-2012, 03:59 AM
The Eagles seem like they always want Eli to beat em thru the air. Their gameplan is always geared towards stopping our run with hopes of getting turnovers in the passing game. With that said, they should be careful what they ask for because I think Eli is gonna pick em apart with ease.

ashleymarie
09-27-2012, 04:06 AM
The Eagles seem like they always want Eli to beat em thru the air. Their gameplan is always geared towards stopping our run with hopes of getting turnovers in the passing game. With that said, they should be careful what they ask for because I think Eli is gonna pick em apart with ease.

I keep going back to the 2010 game that ended so badly for us. I am hoping that memory is obliterated on Sun. I love hanging with you positive guys. :D