PDA

View Full Version : Announcers, Talk Show Hosts, ESPN etc..

CowboysSuck
09-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Ok, so in the past i've heard what i thought were original ideas/sayings from the Giants MB said by all the talking heads, more than once.
But what really reminded me of this was Colin Cowherd this morning just said something along the lines of 'looking at NFL teams message boards and seeing how much they overreact early in the season.' He cited the current Dolphins MB as proof that if fans ran the league, Miami wouldn't have a team.. So, i know for sure that these guys look at this board and probably some of them get a lot of their talking points from us.

Pretty cool, i think. no?

btw, I'm not sure if any of you listen to The Herd. Personally he is my favorite, but lately he has really been giving Eli his due. He praises the Giants, TC, the Maras, Eli constantly on his show. Its a great fresh breath of air to hear one of these guys actually tell it like it is about the Giants.

If you guys don't listen to The Herd i suggest you do, just go to www.tunein.com or something hes the man

TheAnalyst
09-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Colin is a Pats fan too and loves Tom Brady, but he normally shoots pretty straight forward. He is just really annoying to listen to sometimes. Not as bad as Skip Brainless though, who says Romo and Tebow are the 2 best QBs in the league.

CowboysSuck
09-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Yea, I mean you have to give these guys some leeway. Their business is entertainment so they have to talk about what sells and say ridiculous things sometimes to get ratings. But i think Cowherd does an excellent job at being objective. Idk what it is I just like his style of radio talk. Always have.

I was listening to a local radio station last night that is sports talk for the Burlingt-Plattsburgh area and they started talking NFL. Spoke about the Pats and Jets, mentioning the Giants as well and referred to AB1 and AB2 as AB1 and AB2. This is only a small time operation but its one example. I think even on this biggest scale (Aikman, Buck... VanPelt, Cowherd...) these guys are reading THESE MB's for topics.

Pretty much what I am say is... we are awesome.

CowboysSuck
09-26-2012, 01:04 PM
80 views. So, consider 5% of that is people who talk sports for a living. 4 people now know that the MB KNOWS you are getting your talking points from us. Boom!

GMan-67
09-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Colin admitted that he will jump on any bandwagon ... i have no respect for him as a supposed sports fan ... for him sports is simply a way to make money

his point about MBs is 1000% accurate ... thank god the fans have no say in team decisions ... Eli would have been gone years ago ... we would have 10 LBs and only 2 DEs ... we'd have high priced unproductive FAs ... it would be such a disaster

fansince69
09-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Colin is a Pats fan too and loves Tom Brady, but he normally shoots pretty straight forward. He is just really annoying to listen to sometimes. Not as bad as Skip Brainless though, who says Romo and Tebow are the 2 best QBs in the league.

Actually he is from Seattle and seems to have a warm spot for Seattle teams

fansince69
09-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Colin admitted that he will jump on any bandwagon ... i have no respect for him as a supposed sports fan ... for him sports is simply a way to make money

his point about MBs is 1000% accurate ... thank god the fans have no say in team decisions ... Eli would have been gone years ago ... we would have 10 LBs and only 2 DEs ... we'd have high priced unproductive FAs ... it would be such a disaster

you mean like the REDSKINS?

GMan-67
09-26-2012, 01:46 PM
you mean like the REDSKINS?

haha, YES, but i think Snyder has finally realized he dont have the 1st clue and is letting his football people make more decisions

shocknaweny
09-26-2012, 03:30 PM
After Jim Rome,,,,the Herd is my favorite radio show !!!