PDA

View Full Version : NFL reaches agreement with refs union on back-up crews

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Report: NFL, officials closing in on new deal

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Report_NFL_referees.html

Excerpt: "Two days after a controversial call cost the Green Bay Packers a win, the NFL and the referees' union are reportedly nearing an end to a lockout that put replacement officials on the field since the start of the season.
According to several reports, the NFL and the union are close to a new deal that would allow the league's regular officials to return to work, possibly as early as this weekend." Read more...

Moke
09-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Thank heavens.

ny06
09-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Get it done. The past few weeks have been an utter mess on the field.

egyptian420
09-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Get it done. The past few weeks have been an utter mess on the field.I think this gets done for sure by the time we play (or anyone on Sunday for that matter)...the Thursday nighter, not too sure.

Antwuan
09-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Good News!

Dwinsballgames
09-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Boomer was saying this morning that the refs had to get new uniforms and that it would take a couple of weeks to get them back on the field after an agreement is reached.

GmenFan1980
09-26-2012, 01:36 PM
cool, now we can stop saying "these replacement refs suck" and start saying "these refs suck" again

egyptian420
09-26-2012, 01:41 PM
cool, now we can stop saying "these replacement refs suck" and start saying "these refs suck" again+1....I think people forgot how outright atrocious last year's officiating was just because of how much worst the replacements have been.

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 01:43 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2012/09/26/nfl-reaches-agreement-with-refs-union-on-backup-crews/?sct=nfl_t2_a3

Excerpt: "The league compromised in putting 21 full-time officials in developmental program. The 21 officials (three crews of seven officials each) will not be part of a regular group of NFL officials. The regular officials are still locked out as retirement pension remains an issue.
The NFL and NFLRA negotiated past midnight on Tuesday, but are still far apart on various issues." Read more...

Eliscruzzz
09-26-2012, 01:44 PM
+1....I think people forgot how outright atrocious last year's officiating was just because of how much worst the replacements have been.the old refs to me make me just as nervous as these guys.... they have costs people games in the past and throw the PI flag non stop.I knida of like how these refs just let them play.

Kruunch
09-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Reffing in the NFL takes some experience and talent .... who knew?!

TheBookOfEli
09-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Good news!

Still though, watch the real REFS still make a screw up call on us sometime during the season lol.

Redeyejedi
09-26-2012, 01:52 PM
It will help the Giants are receivers and pass rushers were being held out of control in the Buc and Cowboys games. Its why they lost the Cowboy game. The Cowboys to their credit were more prepared for that then the Giants were.Jpp and Cruz were held on every play

ashleymarie
09-26-2012, 01:52 PM
cool, now we can stop saying "these replacement refs suck" and start saying "these refs suck" again

My thoughts too. I hope they don't return until after the Eagles game on Sun.

Redeyejedi
09-26-2012, 01:56 PM
I think JPP gets held more then any Dlineman Ive ever seen. If u watch every snap just him the guy is being choked, grabbed , tackled, hands to the face everything

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 02:01 PM
I think JPP gets held more then any Dlineman Ive ever seen. If u watch every snap just him the guy is being choked, grabbed , tackled, hands to the face everything

Him and Julius Peppers are easily the most held Dlinemen in the league. It isn't even close.

shocknaweny
09-26-2012, 02:23 PM
I hope these replacement do not cost us a game ....especially this weekend against the Eagles :s

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 02:44 PM

Every game I marvel at his athleticism

CowboysSuck
09-26-2012, 02:56 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2012/09/26/nfl-reaches-agreement-with-refs-union-on-backup-crews/?sct=nfl_t2_a3

Excerpt: "The league compromised in putting 21 full-time officials in developmental program. The 21 officials (three crews of seven officials each) will not be part of a regular group of NFL officials. The regular officials are still locked out as retirement pension remains an issue.
The NFL and NFLRA negotiated past midnight on Tuesday, but are still far apart on various issues." Read more...

Huh? Thats a bit wordy, what is that implying? That only 3 groups of officials will be back at first until the rest come to an agreement?

miked1958
09-26-2012, 03:02 PM
yea. not making sense.. the first write up said they were close to a deal that could bring them back as early as this weekend and the second one says that they are still far apart on pensions. what gives. so will it be a rotation of the 3 crews that are real and the remaining crews still replacement ones

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Huh? Thats a bit wordy, what is that implying? That only 3 groups of officials will be back at first until the rest come to an agreement?

They have agreed on one issue, not the contract

krygny
09-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Boomer was saying this morning that the refs had to get new uniforms and that it would take a couple of weeks to get them back on the field after an agreement is reached.
Remember, these guys didn't have a preseason. They use those games to iron out wrinkles in the rules changes each year. I would think they could be back by week 5 but don't count on them being very much better than the "Lingerie League" guys. :D

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Remember, these guys didn't have a preseason. They use those games to iron out wrinkles in the rules changes each year. I would think they could be back by week 5 but don't count on them being very much better than the "Lingerie League" guys. :D

Very true

jdl
09-26-2012, 03:48 PM
careful what you wish for. Last year everyone wished something bad on the refs especially after the packers game. What happened? a lockout. Is this a bad thing? Sure they are bad, and dont know what offensive PI is, or holding, and cant control a game where the players hate each other... but will anyone really be satisfied when the real refs come back and suck almost as bad?

People are acting like these replacement refs are the first ones to blow a game. The first ones to miss a call. The replacement refs are one thing, scapegoats.