PDA

View Full Version : Darius Reynaud

hadenough
09-26-2012, 03:28 PM
It appears this former Giant has won AFC special team player of the week. He couldn't get 5 yards returning kicks for the Giants. Supposedly, he was pretty decent with the Vikes before the Giants, as well. Is this a true indication of how bad our ST coaching really is...or more of just coincidence?

Drez
09-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Our special teams has been horrible for years, particularly on punt returns. It's been improving since last season. I wonder how much impact Izzo has had on our STs.

DR had like a 105 yard KR for a TD and then a throw back to another returner on a punt that led to a TD.

GameTime
09-26-2012, 03:34 PM
It appears this former Giant has won AFC special team player of the week. He couldn't get 5 yards returning kicks for the Giants. Supposedly, he was pretty decent with the Vikes before the Giants, as well. Is this a true indication of how bad our ST coaching really is...or more of just coincidence?
one play....

WEG313
09-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Our return game is still average, at best, but our coverage game has improved dramatically on both punts and kickoff...and Izzo (a fellow Rice University grad) has no doubt had a major impact.

DVision
09-26-2012, 03:41 PM
one play....

No, as the person above you noted he also returned a kickoff for a TD! After watching him in the preseason he had solid returns and actually looked good as a RB! (the actual position he played at West Virginia).

I don't blame the coaching. I believe it's just been execution and currently the ST contributors we have on the roster are just better than in the past. Not only have the returns improved, but so have the coverage units thus far.

elismom
09-26-2012, 03:48 PM
one play....

Actually that would be two plays

miked1958
09-26-2012, 03:55 PM
whos he play for now??

GameTime
09-26-2012, 03:56 PM
No, as the person above you noted he also returned a kickoff for a TD! After watching him in the preseason he had solid returns and actually looked good as a RB! (the actual position he played at West Virginia).

I don't blame the coaching. I believe it's just been execution and currently the ST contributors we have on the roster are just better than in the past. Not only have the returns improved, but so have the coverage units thus far.
yes ok...
two plays...
so our ST coaching staff sucks....whatever..

GMan-67
09-26-2012, 04:48 PM
ummm Tynes just got ST player of the week and our STs won the championship game vs. SF

where have you been?

they actually use Reynaud as a RB too ... weak team , weak conference ..weak post

PRGiant
09-26-2012, 05:24 PM
yes ok...
two plays...
so our ST coaching staff sucks....whatever..
Well 2 plays and yes our ST suck...

GMan-67
09-26-2012, 05:42 PM

our STs are great ... go root for another team, you're beyond clueless

so, which player are you giving up to add Reynothing to our roster ?? ... Wilson ? ... Randle ?

oh and we are ranked 9th in STs ... troll somewhere else

mikeq6722
09-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Well we are 24th in the league in kick returning, which is really what hes specifically talking about. Its something this team has never been good at for as long as I can remember.

GameTime
09-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Tynes is 10 for 10...does that suck?? You mean the return game is not that good. But its better then it has been
Rayneurd doing a couple of good plays discounsts the whole Giants STs....
yeah.....that makes sense...

GameTime
09-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Well we are 24th in the league in kick returning, which is really what hes specifically talking about. Its something this team has never been good at for as long as I can remember.
so he has to be specific...
thats like saying the offense sucks because they cant do a screen pass.....

Captain Chaos
09-26-2012, 07:50 PM
I know I watched the replay and could believe it, he didn't do anything while he was with us except take up a roster spot!

mikeq6722
so he has to be specific...
thats like saying the offense sucks because they cant do a screen pass.....

Well he specifically mentioned kick returning, correct? And nowhere in his original post did he say our entire special teams sucked,, did he?

Flip Empty
our STs are great ... go root for another team, you're beyond clueless

so, which player are you giving up to add Reynothing to our roster ?? ... Wilson ? ... Randle ?

oh and we are ranked 9th in STs ... troll somewhere else

ummm Tynes just got ST player of the week and our STs won the championship game vs. SF

where have you been?

they actually use Reynaud as a RB too ... weak team , weak conference ..weak post
He's talking about the return game. I can't remember the Giants scoring off of a return since Hixon vs Minnesota a few years ago. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Where did the poster say he wanted the Giants to bring Reynaud back?

GameTime
09-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Well he specifically mentioned kick returning, correct? And nowhere in his original post did he say our entire special teams sucked,, did he?
I guess your right in the OP but in other posts he said STs suck.....
but I hear you....