PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning, NY Giants clearly cream of NFC East crop

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 02:52 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000066161/article/eli-manning-new-york-giants-clearly-cream-of-nfc-east-crop

Excerpt: "According to preseason conventional wisdom, the NFC East was going to be the best and most competitive division in the NFL in 2012. Through three weeks, three teams are in a logjam at the top at 2-1, and the 1-2 Washington Redskins (http://www.nfl.com/teams/washingtonredskins/profile?team=WAS) are a play or two away from having the same record. To the naked eye, it would seem like the division is living up to the hype.

Get real.

If you watch the games and take an educated look into the crystal ball, it is very easy to see what is happening in the NFC East.

The New York Giants (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkgiants/profile?team=NYG) are winning the division, and will be its only representative in the playoffs. This isn't an overreaction or hyperbole. Actually, it's exactly what I predicted in the preseason (http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/0ap1000000055270/article/2012-nfl-predictions-super-bowl-xlvii-winner-mvp-more). I'm now more convinced than ever that I was right.
We haven't even reached October, and I'm already channeling my inner Dennis Green and crowning the Giants (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkgiants/profile?team=NYG)." Read more...

Rudyy
09-26-2012, 02:56 PM
noooOOOOO don't pick us.

EddieBlue
09-26-2012, 02:57 PM
lol...its bound to happen.

GameTime
09-26-2012, 02:59 PM
cream of the crop after 3 games....

meh...

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 03:01 PM
cream of the crop after 3 games....

meh...

It's just one media head, we can survive this. :)

GameTime
09-26-2012, 03:03 PM

yep....media shmedia...

ashleymarie
09-26-2012, 03:08 PM
noooOOOOO don't pick us.

LOL.......Rudy...:D

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 03:09 PM
yep....media shmedia...

If we take it one game at a time, build on our new found running game, who's to say we can't make another incredible run??

GameTime
09-26-2012, 03:11 PM
If we take it one game at a time, build on our new found running game, who's to say we can make another incredible run??
you mean "can't.".......

I believe I believe.....

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 03:13 PM
you mean "can't.".......

I believe I believe.....

picky, picky picky :p

WEG313
09-26-2012, 03:14 PM
"The run defense has been spotty, at best"? What games are he watching?

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 03:18 PM
"The run defense has been spotty, at best"? What games are he watching?

Do yo think that's true of the Panthers' game?

WEG313
09-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Do yo think that's true of the Panthers' game?

Yes. Given the short week, I think the G-Men did an exceptional job shutting down Cam Newton and his zone read option. Yes, there were a couple long runs of 10 - 20 yards (and just 2, if I remember correctly), but that was it, with hardly any other run of more than 4 - 5 yards...and numerous runs stuffed in the backfield. Let's not forget the Panthers had gained 220+ rushing yards the previous week against New Orleans, and last year ranked 2nd in the NFL (behind only Denver) in rushing offense.

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Yes. Given the short week, I think the G-Men did an exceptional job shutting down Cam Newton and his zone read option. Yes, there were a couple long runs of 10 - 20 yards (and just 2, if I remember correctly), but that was it, with hardly any other run of more than 4 - 5 yards...and numerous runs stuffed in the backfield.

I tend to think we build on our successes. The Eagles' game will be a great test

Kruunch
09-26-2012, 03:28 PM
1) Do you trust Romo in the 4th quarter of a huge game the same way you trust Eli?

2) Do you trust Vick not to turn over the ball or to make it through a whole season?

3) Do you think a rookie QB on a team with a crippled defensive line can win the division?

If you answered "no" to all of the above, then you pretty much agree with the article. I think it was pretty spot on.

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 03:30 PM
1) Do you trust Romo in the 4th quarter of a huge game the same way you trust Eli?

2) Do you trust Vick not to turn over the ball or to make it through a whole season?

3) Do you think a rookie QB on a team with a crippled defensive line can win the division?

If you answered "no" to all of the above, then you pretty much agree with the article. I think it was pretty spot on.

The Skins just put Helu on IR

Kruunch
09-26-2012, 03:31 PM
The Skins just put Helu on IR

Because Roy Helu was their savior? Alfred Morris is a better RB anyways imo.

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Because Roy Helu was their savior? Alfred Morris is a better RB anyways imo.

Just information

Kruunch
09-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Just information

Yep yep.

I think the Redskins are still a year or two away from being really dangerous (and perhaps a defensive coordinator away as well).

The Andy Reid regime with the Eagles is coming to an end (my gut feeling) and the Eagles will totally tank at some point this year. Then they will spend a few years remaking themselves (if not longer).

Dallas will never be more then an 8-8 team (at best) with Jerry Jones calling the shots. The Bill Parcells draft picks are aging now and the team is getting demonstratively worse.

Finally the Giants, while not the absolute powerhouse the article makes them out to be (we have plenty of ugly games and not enough of last week to say that), has a solid 2-3 years of appreciably contending for the NFC East behind the duo of TC/Eli.

That's kind of how I see the NFC East right now.

gumby74
09-26-2012, 03:44 PM
oh, the disrespect. I can't stand it anymore

RoanokeFan
09-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Yep yep.

I think the Redskins are still a year or two away from being really dangerous (and perhaps a defensive coordinator away as well).

The Andy Reid regime with the Eagles is coming to an end (my gut feeling) and the Eagles will totally tank at some point this year. Then they will spend a few years remaking themselves (if not longer).

Dallas will never be more then an 8-8 team (at best) with Jerry Jones calling the shots. The Bill Parcells draft picks are aging now and the team is getting demonstratively worse.

Finally the Giants, while not the absolute powerhouse the article makes them out to be (we have plenty of ugly games and not enough of last week to say that), has a solid 2-3 years of appreciably contending for the NFC East behind the duo of TC/Eli.

That's kind of how I see the NFC East right now.

I don't think Laurie's comments a few weeks ago should be taken lightly. Reid's tenure could well end if he doesn't get into the playoffs

BigBlue1971
09-26-2012, 03:58 PM
im not totally sold on "winning the division" yet! the 1st 7 quarters were disgusting!

if the G-Men play as they did in the 4th qtr against the Bucs and last weeks game then its no contest for the division or the conference!

but the nfl is a strange game with anything happening on any given week! i only hope the G-Men can stay on course and rise to the top.

TheAnalyst
09-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Its because we won big last week and the Cowboys won ugly and the skins and Eagles lost. This changes every week.

RichardMc
09-26-2012, 05:50 PM
This whole conversation makes me nervous.

Captain Chaos
09-26-2012, 06:46 PM

Don't worry Roanoke, I broke out the garlic and the holy water just incase.