PDA

View Full Version : Soory if posted, but please someone tell me Diehl is not starting

NWKEffectElement
09-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Anyone?

giantsfan420
09-26-2012, 09:00 PM
i dont even think he's fully practiced. i read he's doing work on the side. i seriously doubt he starts sunday. but it does seem like, to me at least, TC is gonna start DD when he returns for some god dang reason.

Eli TO Shockey
09-26-2012, 09:02 PM
seems like he'll be inactive for precautionary/he sucks purposes.

GameTime
09-26-2012, 09:02 PM
no one really knows....

giantsfan420
09-26-2012, 09:03 PM
i mean at one point, i used to be able to defend playing DD bc i could say "his experience is vital." but the last 2 years, the only thing he's experienced (on an individual level as a player) is being a revolving door to any sort of DE...

I mean I get that he's used to playing Philly. Philly's used to burning him too.

but yeah again in terms of what I've read, he aint starting. Still getting back healthy, and I know TC wouldnt start an OL if he didnt work with the other OL unless he had to and he doesnt have to bc of lockler

Eli TO Shockey
09-26-2012, 09:11 PM
at this point, he'll make for a great back up...just cant imagine that conversation going smoothly after being a huge part of our o-line for close to 10 years.

Diamondring
09-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Wow David hasn been oh he is one of our best O-linemen to the I hope he is not starting.

P_Simms_#11
09-27-2012, 12:21 AM
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Test him next week against the Browns.

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-27-2012, 12:42 AM
I hope not. Don't get me wrong I like the guy, but he's seen better days.

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-27-2012, 12:53 AM
I remember yelling good job David duh duh Diehl at the tv last year because he was always getting false starts when we were in the red zone. Lol

ImElectric2
09-27-2012, 03:09 AM
seems like he'll be inactive for precautionary/he sucks purposes.Haha, I love "/he sucks purposes"!

GMan-67
09-27-2012, 04:28 AM
yes, must be very heartbreaking for you "fans" that he didnt shred up his knee ... oh well hang in there, always a chance for more injuries to other Super Bowl heros

Rat_bastich
09-27-2012, 04:59 AM
yes, must be very heartbreaking for you "fans" that he didnt shred up his knee ... oh well hang in there, always a chance for more injuries to other Super Bowl heros

I agree. I would just like to see him lose his job because he can't protect, not due to an injury.

Captain Chaos
09-27-2012, 05:06 AM
He was marginal at best when healthy, certainly father time has caught up to him, but now with a bum knee we will be lucky if he can even contribute as a backup; a role I think he was more suited for this year.

Sarcasman
09-27-2012, 06:50 AM

Let's keep a good thought.

BlueJayC
09-27-2012, 09:02 AM
I honestly think he's the type of guy that may just be like "let those boys run with it" and assume a back-up role.....just a hunch.....he's a good dude but he's not the best at any position on the line but is valuable because he can play most positions on the line......perfect for a back-up.....ala Seubert before he became a full-time starter.

NWKEffectElement
09-27-2012, 12:58 PM
GMen-67 please go back and review the thread. Nobody was wishing injury on DD.

ShakeandBake
09-27-2012, 01:00 PM
I remember yelling good job David duh duh Diehl at the tv last year because he was always getting false starts when we were in the red zone. Lol

Brings back memories of Puke Pettigrout

Toadofsteel
09-27-2012, 01:02 PM
I agree. I would just like to see him lose his job because he can't protect, not due to an injury.

This. I wish he could protect like he used to, but the fact is he's been worn out. NFC East has some of the fiercest pass rush in the league, and it's taking its toll on Diehl. I've been saying he belongs in our Ring of Honor now, not our Offensive Line...

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 01:12 PM
There hasn't been any indication to date that he's been practicing. I think they will hold him out.

GMan-67
09-27-2012, 01:17 PM

ah, so you are ripping the Super Bowl winning coaching staff for totally being unable to evualate talent ... even talent right under their nose ... i trust they will start the player that gives us the best chance to win ... and if Diehl has a big knee brace on and Locklear is 100% healthy, then the "fans" will get their wish, but again the way former Super Bowl heros are being treated on here is a disgrace

Dwinsballgames
09-27-2012, 02:47 PM
ah, so you are ripping the Super Bowl winning coaching staff for totally being unable to evualate talent ... even talent right under their nose ... i trust they will start the player that gives us the best chance to win ... and if Diehl has a big knee brace on and Locklear is 100% healthy, then the "fans" will get their wish, but again the way former Super Bowl heros are being treated on here is a disgrace

Luckily, nothing anyone says on here has any bearing on what actually happens in the real world.

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Luckily, nothing anyone says on here has any bearing on what actually happens in the real world.

AMEN! And Diehl is working with trainers on the sidelines