PDA

View Full Version : Thank God for Judy!!!!!!!

Breezely
09-27-2012, 12:23 AM
I loved the special aired about Tom Coughlin. Thia guy is truly a throback type of coach.

I was touched to hear Strahan's account of how he would never play for a coach l;ike that, then would say if he would ever play football . . . .he would only play for Coach Coughlin. Powerful.

His wife is incredible. I will forever remember those words (being a Giants fan 4 life). . . . .Thank God for Judy!!!!!!!!

She is directly responsible for her husband's success.

I must make the wife watch this. Well. . . . .wishful thinking.

Captain Chaos
09-27-2012, 06:22 AM
Stirring...

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 07:37 AM
I thought it was a moving rendition of who TC really is. I was impressed when the player asked if he could have a cell phone on the field because his wife was going into surgery and TC said get me the phone and I'll carry it. It also shows you how seriously the players take their responsibilities.

ashleymarie
09-27-2012, 08:10 AM
He has made us proud and will continue to do so. I am just thankful Coughlin was there all of Eli's years. Eli has never had to adjust to another coach. Coughlin is 24k.

Kruunch
09-27-2012, 08:37 AM
The most impressive part of the TC story (besides having a wife that would put up with him ;) ) was how TC while in his early 60s was still able to mature as a coach and that process being the largest reason (in my mind) that we got to SB42.

Very inspiring.

DemandedAce
09-27-2012, 12:34 PM
The man will go down in history, and rightfully so!

BigBlue wins
09-27-2012, 01:39 PM
I really enjoyed his SB 46 speech. I think that resonated well with the team

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Tom Couglin's contribution to this team won't be fully appreciated until after he's gone.

GCGiant
09-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Did you ever hear Eli talking about Judy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blQrIySidOA

BigBlue wins
09-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Tom Couglin's contribution to this team won't be fully appreciated until after he's gone.

He's here now so let's enjoy it :)

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 01:49 PM
He's here now so let's enjoy it :)

AMEN

jomo
09-27-2012, 02:38 PM
AMENI've been away for a few days. Any link where I can find this or more detail on where it appeared so I can look for it in the future??

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 02:52 PM
I've been away for a few days. Any link where I can find this or more detail on where it appeared so I can look for it in the future??

It will replay on NFLN at 1:00 a.m., 9/30/12

jomo
09-27-2012, 03:14 PM
It will replay on NFLN at 1:00 a.m., 9/30/12I just set up my DVR to record it. Grazie!

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 03:20 PM
I just set up my DVR to record it. Grazie!

It was inspiring, as others have said

dezzzR
09-27-2012, 03:27 PM
The Strahan part was great. I loved when Stra grabbed Tom by the head and started shaking and yelling what I think was "We did it!" right after sb42, just awesome. Truly a great, caring man. Lots of great one liners come out of his mouth.

merritt
09-27-2012, 04:00 PM
I liked them talking about Camp Coughlin being like a pressure cooker, and that diamonds are formed from intense pressure. You can't help but think that this has contributed so much to Eli's already natural ability to be calm late in games, and the team as a whole to pull off those close wins in such big games.

Really a moving documentary.

YATittle1962
09-27-2012, 05:13 PM
the Madden voice mail was very moving for me

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 05:14 PM

That really was amazing

YATittle1962
09-27-2012, 05:27 PM
That really was amazing

I honestly choked up while listening to it

I looked over at my wife to say something like.....I know, I'm such a sucker .......but she was welled up to so I said nothing....hahahahaha

I knew I married the right woman all those years ago :)

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 05:35 PM

I looked over at my wife to say something like.....I know, I'm such a sucker .......but she was welled up to so I said nothing....hahahahaha

We are such pushovers lol

bigjeep
09-27-2012, 05:53 PM
I thought it was a moving rendition of who TC really is. I was impressed when the player asked if he could have a cell phone on the field because his wife was going into surgery and TC said get me the phone and I'll carry it. It also shows you how seriously the players take their responsibilities.

I also have a direct phone to TC during games! He calls when he needs advice!

FBomb
09-27-2012, 06:30 PM

Goose bumps.

FBomb
09-27-2012, 06:32 PM

Ha!! My wife loves that I'm a big sap!!

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Ha!! My wife loves that I'm a big sap!!

As does Harooni :p

Beelzeboss
09-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Does anyone know of when it will be shown again? I was excited to watch it all week and then some last minute BS came up and I could not get to see it.

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Does anyone know of when it will be shown again? I was excited to watch it all week and then some last minute BS came up and I could not get to see it.

On the 30th at 1:00 a.m. on NFLN

Beelzeboss
09-27-2012, 07:27 PM
On the 30th at 1:00 a.m. on NFLN

Thanks a lot Ro!, much appreciated.

BigBlueAllDay
09-27-2012, 08:50 PM
That was a very good show. Definitely recommended for Giants fans that havent' watched it and a must-see for those Fire-Coughlin! jumpers. He has a very supportive wife and family. God bless him.

inexorably
09-27-2012, 10:12 PM
It was a great episode in that series.

So many phenomenal parts from the show last night but the one that stuck out to me was when he got his first coaching job at RIT, a division III school and his starting center broke his femur.

Tom Coughlin went and visited him on Thanksgiving because the guy was alone, without family, in a hospital room... and decades later he met the guy's son and remembered him and asked him how his dad's leg was.

Just thought that was pretty awesome...

gfd_2
09-27-2012, 10:42 PM
The voice mail message from Madden was amazing! I'm surprised it didn't come out before now.

Very moving show, it had me tearing up.

NYKiller
09-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Yes by giving Coughlin/Dr. Jekyll some almost every night she keeps the old Coughlin/Mr Hyde away from the players LOL.

bigblue58
09-28-2012, 08:22 AM
I loved the special aired about Tom Coughlin. Thia guy is truly a throback type of coach.

I was touched to hear Strahan's account of how he would never play for a coach l;ike that, then would say if he would ever play football . . . .he would only play for Coach Coughlin. Powerful.

His wife is incredible. I will forever remember those words (being a Giants fan 4 life). . . . .Thank God for Judy!!!!!!!!

She is directly responsible for her husband's success.

I must make the wife watch this. Well. . . . .wishful thinking.

At first I wasn't sold on Coughlin when he was hired, and now I can't imagine them EVER being Coached by anyone else!

EnragedYouth85
09-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Coughlin is a great coach, well respected and a half worker. He is very hard on his players but it pays dividends! When players usually come here they are shocked at how tough he is, but that's only because other teams treat them like divas..

I would never want to be coached by anyone else, best coach we've had IMO!