PDA

View Full Version : l love Tom Coughlin

ImElectric2
09-27-2012, 04:19 AM
Seriously. Just watched A Football Life and I can say I honestly don't ever want another coach. I know its inevitable and I'm sure at some point there will be another coach I really love or admire or who holds a special place in my heart, but I just love Tommy C. and I'm proud he's our coach and will always remember what he brought to this franchise. He is a great man, a great coach, and a real treasure that we are lucky to have. I hope he has many more years in him. I will try and savor every year he's here. The way I feel now I could go on for days like this so ill end it with a cheers to our great coach, Tom Coughlin. Cheers, buddy. And thank you.

ashleymarie
09-27-2012, 04:26 AM
Cheers to Coach Coughlin and Thank You.

Captain Chaos
09-27-2012, 06:14 AM
Man crush......

SweetZombieJesus
09-27-2012, 08:27 AM
You know, as I'm now mindful that Eli will not be around forever so enjoy it now, it should be even more obvious Coughlin will not be around forever as well.

With Parcells, well, jeez, look at that coaching tree -- not just Belichick and Coughlin who alone are impressive, you've got all those other "Parcells guys" -- Romeo, Weis, Payton, et al.

Who are going to be the "Coughlin guys"? Coughlin MUST have nurtured someone who thinks the way he does who can step up in the future. Unfortunately that seems to be one area where TC does not measure up to Parcells. We certainly can't look at the Defensive Coordinator position -- while BP had Belichick as his right hand man in three separate jobs, TC has gone through a new DC every few years, and we haven't exactly seen great things out of Tim Lewis, Spags, or Sheridan, have we.

Kruunch
09-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Soooooo .... 2 more weeks before TC is back on the host seat? :D

BlueReign
09-27-2012, 09:41 AM
I feel that when TC retires. Gruden takes his place.

Kruunch
09-27-2012, 09:51 AM

This makes me die inside.

ryan12
09-27-2012, 09:51 AM

please god no I CANT STAND GRUDEN

Jahh
09-27-2012, 09:55 AM
I watched it last night as well. Loved it.

FBomb
09-27-2012, 10:02 AM
It was a great story. I honestly had no idea that one of his son's was in Tower 1 on 9-11

GameTime
09-27-2012, 10:18 AM
It was a great story. I honestly had no idea that one of his son's was in Tower 1 on 9-11
I had heard that story one other time in another TC interveiw.
A guy in my town his wife is a personal assistent to JM. He has been at many Giants events and parties. He told me TC is like every kids gradfather at these events. All the kids flock around him. Good to hear inside stuff like that.

SackingMyths
09-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Seriously. Just watched A Football Life and I can say I honestly don't ever want another coach. I know its inevitable and I'm sure at some point there will be another coach I really love or admire or who holds a special place in my heart, but I just love Tommy C. and I'm proud he's our coach and will always remember what he brought to this franchise. He is a great man, a great coach, and a real treasure that we are lucky to have. I hope he has many more years in him. I will try and savor every year he's here. The way I feel now I could go on for days like this so ill end it with a cheers to our great coach, Tom Coughlin. Cheers, buddy. And thank you.

Get a room...

Just bustin ballz. TC's a great coach, and most importantly, a great man. It's touching to know he's impacted so many people's lives when the media always wanted to portray him with horns coming out of his head.

The term "great" is assigned way too freely these days, but he's the very definition of what it used to mean.

G-MENBK
09-27-2012, 10:56 AM

please god no I CANT STAND GRUDEN

I don't get the hate with Gruden. He's always in awe of the Giants and can't stop talking about us.

Honestly, if it came down to Cowher or Gruden, give me Gruden.

GameTime
09-27-2012, 10:59 AM
I don't get the hate with Gruden. He's always in awe of the Giants and can't stop talking about us.

Honestly, if it came down to Cowher or Gruden, give me Gruden.
Gruden is "awe" of everybody. Listen to him on Monday nights. Everyone prepares like no one else. Everybody plays great and has a great work eithic. etc etc. I would never want Gruden to be the coach of the Giants. I like the guy but I just don thtink he is that good of a coach. Thats just me though.

CowboysSuck
09-27-2012, 11:12 AM
GameTime you are right. EVERY Monday night there is some new player who has the leagues most determination, a new player who has the most raw talent hes ever seen, and new team who is more disciplined than any other blah blah Gruden give it a rest.

That said, I Love Tommy Coughlin. Im not ashamed to admit my man crush. and Chris Snee is dating his most beautiful daughter. Its no wonder Snee works his *** off..

Kruunch
09-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Gruden is "awe" of everybody. Listen to him on Monday nights. Everyone prepares like no one else. Everybody plays great and has a great work eithic. etc etc. I would never want Gruden to be the coach of the Giants. I like the guy but I just don thtink he is that good of a coach. Thats just me though.

This.

Gruden overstates worse than the Tea Party.

(I also think he's only a mediocre coach)

G-MENBK
09-27-2012, 11:15 AM

He brought the Raiders back to respectability and won the Super Bowl with 'Bucs. As a matter of fact, he won the Super Bowl because the Raiders were still employing most of his offensive schemes/plays and the 'Bucs were ready for it.

GameTime
09-27-2012, 11:17 AM
He brought the Raiders back to respectability and won the Super Bowl with 'Bucs. As a matter of fact, he won the Super Bowl because the Raiders were still employing most of his offensive schemes/plays and the 'Bucs were ready for it.
I know all that....and thats great. But its just my opnion that I dont think he would be that good of a coach AT this point in time.

Kruunch
09-27-2012, 11:18 AM

So he beat the team he helped build with a team built by someone else (who went on to win his own Superbowl with a brand new program).

The fact that Gruden couldn't duplicate his success and his team only got worse under him past his initial success is why I'm not in love with him.

CowboysSuck
09-27-2012, 11:27 AM
The fact the he just isn't that good; Is why I'm not in love with him. He cant hold TC's jock lets be honest.

I just don't think he is an appropriate heir.

G-MENBK
09-27-2012, 11:30 AM
So he beat the team he helped build with a team built by someone else (who went on to win his own Superbowl with a brand new program).

The fact that Gruden couldn't duplicate his success and his team only got worse under him past his initial success is why I'm not in love with him.

Dungy's team was notorious for sucking it up once the weather got colder, and somehow his team found a way to be inept once the playoffs came around.

Flip Empty
09-27-2012, 11:31 AM
The replacement refs are probably the only thing I've heard Gruden complain about.

SweetZombieJesus
09-27-2012, 11:40 AM
Always knew TC was a good (if not tyrannical) coach pre-2007 but he's also an outstanding human being, and glad he decided to integrate that into his professional persona.

Thank you Judy!

Jiffy Jeff
09-27-2012, 11:41 AM

That's what SHE said.

ryan12
09-27-2012, 11:45 AM

yeah he slurps everyone

TroyArcher
09-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Classy guy. A dying breed.

CowboysSuck
09-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Classy guy. A dying breed.

You said it perfect.

btw, who is that woman in your avatar