PDA

View Full Version : i picked giants to win...

ProfessorCrue
09-27-2012, 04:54 AM
..in a football pool thats about 550 dollars this week. this team BETTER NOT let me down. ill be nice to eli this week. but if you people n the giants let me down, then its gonna be raining live wire on yall for the next week

naturally, i picked the Cowboys to win to :cool:

tonyt830
09-27-2012, 05:23 AM
..in a football pool thats about 550 dollars this week. this team BETTER NOT let me down. ill be nice to eli this week. but if you people n the giants let me down, then its gonna be raining live wire on yall for the next week

naturally, i picked the Cowboys to win to :cool:I don't bet, especially when it comes to the Giants. It can be stressful enough watching them at times. Putting money on it would add that much more stress.

What is the point spread on the game? I thought I read somewhere that the Eagles were a 2 1/2 point favorite?

I usually wouldnt wish good luck to an opposing fan, but maybe I can make an exception this time---LOL!!

ashleymarie
09-27-2012, 07:35 AM
Wish you well on picking us to beat the Eagles. Tks.

miked1958
09-27-2012, 09:38 AM
I know hoagie got banned but isnt it kinda strange that we are only 3days out from a game with one of our BIGGEST Rivals and there isnt even 1 Eagle fan in here talking Smack????? Usually we get at least 5 or 10 during our two games with them. All we have in here is a Dallas fan supporting us cause he bet on us.. LOL>

By the way thanks for the vote of confidence Crue. we will see what we can do to make you some money

FBomb
09-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Wow....you're not as dumb as I thought!! :p

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-27-2012, 11:34 AM
I know hoagie got banned but isnt it kinda strange that we are only 3days out from a game with one of our BIGGEST Rivals and there isnt even 1 Eagle fan in here talking Smack????? Usually we get at least 5 or 10 during our two games with them. All we have in here is a Dallas fan supporting us cause he bet on us.. LOL>

By the way thanks for the vote of confidence Crue. we will see what we can do to make you some moneyI have seen only 1 Iggles fan in here and the only thing he/she said was LETS GO EAGLES. Nothing more, nothing less. It is really kinda freaky that we dont have anyone to talk smack with. Bad JU JU.

Giantz4Life
09-27-2012, 12:28 PM
naturally, i picked the Cowboys to win to :cool:

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt128/mansionslippers/BDgXU.gif

BParcells777
09-27-2012, 12:35 PM
I think you are becoming a Giants fan Crue.....smart move Jerry's Kids will never win a Super Bowl in your lifetime

Rusty192
09-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Kiss of death. Now you've done it Cru..

TroyArcher
09-27-2012, 01:21 PM
If you are in a suicide pool you are a fool. This game is a toss up.

Moke
09-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Yeah, good luck. Stupid pick... No offense, but I really hope you lose money because of how arrogant of a pick that is.

ProfessorCrue
09-27-2012, 02:07 PM
I think you are becoming a Giants fan Crue.....smart move Jerry's Kids will never win a Super Bowl in your lifetime
lets get one thing straight right now. i am in NO way becoming a giant fan at all. this pool i am in(which by the way cost only 10 dollars to get in) makes me pick ALL games for the week. i am actually hoping they tie. but vick sucks and he aint gonna last much longer. so unfortunatly for me, as disgusting as i hate picking a rival, i have to pick the g's. yeah i like that. the g's. thats what ill call your team from now on

FBomb
09-27-2012, 02:33 PM
lets get one thing straight right now. i am in NO way becoming a giant fan at all. this pool i am in(which by the way cost only 10 dollars to get in) makes me pick ALL games for the week. i am actually hoping they tie. but vick sucks and he aint gonna last much longer. so unfortunatly for me, as disgusting as i hate picking a rival, i have to pick the g's. yeah i like that. the g's. thats what ill call your team from now on

Ouch. That hurts. :(

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-27-2012, 03:11 PM
lets get one thing straight right now. i am in NO way becoming a giant fan at all. this pool i am in(which by the way cost only 10 dollars to get in) makes me pick ALL games for the week. i am actually hoping they tie. but vick sucks and he aint gonna last much longer. so unfortunatly for me, as disgusting as i hate picking a rival, i have to pick the g's. yeah i like that. the g's. thats what ill call your team from now onThe G's....as in, "We are MONEY". I like that. thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Rusty192
09-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Yeah, good luck. Stupid pick... No offense, but I really hope you lose money because of how arrogant of a pick that is.How is it a "stupid" pick exactly???

SlyFoxx
09-27-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm looking at the line and it would seem Philly is favored by a tiny amount. WTF? I guess it's just home field but dauumn. Odds makers aren't giving Blue any love.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-27-2012, 05:03 PM
I'm looking at the line and it would seem Philly is favored by a tiny amount. WTF? I guess it's just home field but dauumn. Odds makers aren't giving Blue any love.And that sir is Just The Way We Like It!!!!! Screw'Em

ProfessorCrue
09-27-2012, 06:41 PM
The G's....as in, "We are MONEY". I like that. thanks for bringing that to our attention.

lol, you funny ha ha. but Dallas owns the "money" over yall easily. probably by at least tenfold....but i was just thinking, and it really isnt fair that i pick on "lil" eli alone like that. the lil g's sounds pretty good as well, lol....thanks for making me think that one up to

Moke
09-27-2012, 07:22 PM
How is it a "stupid" pick exactly???

To put all money on the Giants in a suicide pool where he probably has so many options.

this is a division game. How can you pick the giants against the eagles, AWAY, in the 3rd week?

Do you have any idea how to play suicide pool?

BParcells777
09-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Don't worry Crue.....we are going to send the Eagles into a tail spin, just as we did in the 1st Eagles game last year

The odds of Vick coming out of this game uninjured are about 50/50.

BTW we will be heading down to Jerry's place real soon........how do you see your second meeting with the Giants going next month?

Isn's this the game where he promised you were going to kick our Butts.......will you be there for the supposed Butt kicking?

pino
09-27-2012, 08:02 PM
I'd rather be called G's than boys.

ShakeandBake
09-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Why did you pick Dallas? Do you think Romo has a chance against the Bear's D?

ProfessorCrue
09-28-2012, 04:20 AM
To put all money on the Giants in a suicide pool where he probably has so many options.

this is a division game. How can you pick the giants against the eagles, AWAY, in the 3rd week?

Do you have any idea how to play suicide pool?

who said anything about a suicide pool? i dont think you read very well so let me re-eloborate. i paid TEN dollars to get into a plain ol football pool. yanno, the one where you pick ALL games for the week plus a mon nite tie breaker....the person who has the most wins, wins the weekly pot.......its pretty simple. and this week its over 500 bucks.

now then why would i pick the lil g's over the eageeks you asked? like i said in a previous post, in this thread, vick sucks. he isnt going to last alot longer and he's a turnover machine. the eagles realistically should be 0-3 right now.

ProfessorCrue
09-28-2012, 04:21 AM
Why did you pick Dallas? Do you think Romo has a chance against the Bear's D?

yup

ProfessorCrue
09-28-2012, 04:25 AM
Don't worry Crue.....we are going to send the Eagles into a tail spin, just as we did in the 1st Eagles game last year

The odds of Vick coming out of this game uninjured are about 50/50.

BTW we will be heading down to Jerry's place real soon........how do you see your second meeting with the Giants going next month?

Isn's this the game where he promised you were going to kick our Butts.......will you be there for the supposed Butt kicking?

we will discuss that more as the time approaches. for now, its time to put some bears into early hibernation

Moke
09-28-2012, 11:28 AM
who said anything about a suicide pool? i dont think you read very well so let me re-eloborate. i paid TEN dollars to get into a plain ol football pool. yanno, the one where you pick ALL games for the week plus a mon nite tie breaker....the person who has the most wins, wins the weekly pot.......its pretty simple. and this week its over 500 bucks.

now then why would i pick the lil g's over the eageeks you asked? like i said in a previous post, in this thread, vick sucks. he isnt going to last alot longer and he's a turnover machine. the eagles realistically should be 0-3 right now.

I "assumed" you were in a suicide pool because you stated a large amount for a 'weekly" pool.

Maybe you should learn to write better, OK "ya'll". Maybe people would understand you better.

ProfessorCrue
09-28-2012, 11:32 AM
I "assumed" you were in a suicide pool because you stated a large amount for a 'weekly" pool.

Maybe you should learn to write better, OK "ya'll". Maybe people would understand you better.

i think everyone understood what i had said; except you

Moke
09-28-2012, 11:35 AM
Okay, so 1 game is going to make a HUGE difference in the pool? Come on now, I'm in a pool and I don't go writing "Cowboys better win because I am banking on them"

That just sounds like you are picking 1 game, not ALL.

Guess you had to make yourself seem self-important and had to write about how you are banking on the giants.

giantsforce
09-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Why did you pick Dallas? Do you think Romo has a chance against the Bear's D?In this game I'd pick Dallas too. The only reason is that the Bears have a wannabe QB that was made by the press and nothing more. Cuttler is useless when he is facing a pass rushing defense and the Bears Oline is worse than ours.

ShakeandBake
09-28-2012, 12:07 PM
In this game I'd pick Dallas too. The only reason is that the Bears have a wannabe QB that was made by the press and nothing more. Cuttler is useless when he is facing a pass rushing defense and the Bears Oline is worse than ours.

I hear ya, I just don't see Romo/Dallas' Offense doing much against the Bears D either.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 12:23 PM
lol, you funny ha ha. but Dallas owns the "money" over yall easily. probably by at least tenfold....but i was just thinking, and it really isnt fair that i pick on "lil" eli alone like that. the lil g's sounds pretty good as well, lol....thanks for making me think that one up toWell spending all that "money" for Jerryworld didnt get ya guys very far did it? It just gave Eli a clean slate to sign his name.http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Rusty192
09-28-2012, 01:44 PM

now then why would i pick the lil g's over the eageeks you asked? like i said in a previous post, in this thread, vick sucks. he isnt going to last alot longer and he's a turnover machine. the eagles realistically should be 0-3 right now.Like I said Moke, its not a dumb pick.

Moke
09-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Like I said Moke, its not a dumb pick.

Obviously it's not dumb if he has to pick ALL of the games. It's a dumb pick if it was a one-team a week thing.

He never said he had $10 bucks OR he had to pick every team in his pool in his original thread.

Rusty192
09-28-2012, 01:49 PM
True, you assumed too much lol

Moke
09-28-2012, 01:54 PM
True, you assumed too much lol

Well, that's what happens when the original poster doesn't give enough information.

ProfessorCrue
09-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Well, that's what happens when the original poster doesn't give enough information.

there was more than enough info lol. i never said "suicide" pool and i didnt realize i had to specifically iron out all detail of this pool i am in. i would "assume" most people would know what i am taking about and i believe everyone did but you. for me to say "yall better win" is me being a Dallas fan having to disgustingly admit that i would have to favor a rival in their game; even though both are rivals. as i mentioned initially, i am actually hoping for a tie.

again, i would "assume" most people would realize all that on their own

ProfessorCrue
09-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Obviously it's not dumb if he has to pick ALL of the games. It's a dumb pick if it was a one-team a week thing.

He never said he had $10 bucks OR he had to pick every team in his pool in his original thread.

and just to add to this, lets say i did do a one pick game for all that money. picking the lil g's over the green canaries is actually a safe one. once again, vick sucks and they should be 0-3 right now. the skins are even better than the eageeks. philly is going to take a big fall this yr and reid will be out

Moke
09-28-2012, 02:21 PM
there was more than enough info lol. i never said "suicide" pool and i didnt realize i had to specifically iron out all detail of this pool i am in. i would "assume" most people would know what i am taking about and i believe everyone did but you. for me to say "yall better win" is me being a Dallas fan having to disgustingly admit that i would have to favor a rival in their game; even though both are rivals. as i mentioned initially, i am actually hoping for a tie.

again, i would "assume" most people would realize all that on their own

I've been in pools where you pick 1 or a few teams, and then I've been in a few pools where you pick ALL of the teams.

ProfessorCrue
10-01-2012, 01:31 AM
GRRRRR, a total low down dirty shame!!!!

at the start of the game, it came down to me and 2 other people for the pool(65 people total played this wk; thus it was now 650 dollars). 2 of us had one loss and the 3rd person had no losses of all games this week(everyone else in the pool had multiple losses). so the second person who had a loss, picked the eagles to win and as yall know i picked lil eli and the lil g's!!!!!!!!. if the giants would of won i would of played the person, who has no losses this wk, for the pool tomorrow night as he picked chicago to win(i had dallas).

but noooooooooooooooo, the eagles won so that person who picked the eagles to win, gets to play out for the pool tomorrow night as that person picked dallas to win to.....

DISGUSTING!!!!!!!! the lil g's let me down!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BMW
10-01-2012, 02:30 AM
No worries, you can bet again soon as your welfare check comes in.

flamethrower
10-01-2012, 04:42 AM

By the way thanks for the vote of confidence Crue. we will see what we can do to make you some money
This board has banned them all for talking smack. In fact I expect to be next.

ProfessorCrue
10-01-2012, 04:45 AM
i put my faith in eli tonight......failed!!!!!.....that end zone int hurt bad

offensive pass interference....really?!!!!!!!? what i gotta say bout that receiver cannot be said here

that kicker aint got no leg. what was that, a 54 yarder? most kickers in the league have the leg muscle to make that distance. i thought he had it but then it was short!!!! shameful:mad:

i am glad i get to watch a real team mon nite, Dallas...now i can watch the game peacefully with no money thoughts. i guess i could thank the giants for that at least? that was a fun game to watch between yall tho to be honest. just shows why i love the nfce.:cool: redskins are making noise this yr to

miked1958
10-01-2012, 08:31 AM
i put my faith in eli tonight......failed!!!!!.....that end zone int hurt bad

offensive pass interference....really?!!!!!!!? what i gotta say bout that receiver cannot be said here

that kicker aint got no leg. what was that, a 54 yarder? most kickers in the league have the leg muscle to make that distance. i thought he had it but then it was short!!!! shameful:mad:

i am glad i get to watch a real team mon nite, Dallas...now i can watch the game peacefully with no money thoughts. i guess i could thank the giants for that at least? that was a fun game to watch between yall tho to be honest. just shows why i love the nfce.:cool: redskins are making noise this yr tothat INT was unforgiveable. and it happened right after the end of third quarter break. you have a free time out and come back with a first and goal and that is what you come up with?? and right after they had philly on their heels with 2 scores in a row and pulling off that crazy 4th and inches at end of 3rd when philly thought we were just going to try and draw them off??? that was the game. you are right.

we even get a FG there it forces Vick and eagles to go for a TD at the 1:52 mark cause we would be up 4 instead of 1... (i know the eagles got a FG off that turnover but you dont count it when they start the drive on their own 10., thats on the defense, so thats why i didnt say we would be up 7)

miked1958
10-01-2012, 08:36 AM
as far as Tynes.. guess you have not watched many giants games this year. He has been lights out and we have all been wondering what he did in offseason. He was 11 for 11 on FGs prior to that miss. Most of them were more then 40.. some 45, 47 and 50 yards out and he was making them with ease right through the middle with ball hitting the net. the 54 yarder fell just a foot or 2 short.

the thing about barden when you said you cant say on here what u feel about him. well if he didnt do what he did. That was going to be a game ending INT by namandi. He had the better angle on a ball which never should have been thrown in the first place. you are already WELL with in tynes range at 44 yards. all you need is a few more insurance yards and that games in the bag. maybe they thought they would catch philly sleeping again like at the end of the 3rd. at any rate you dont thrown long in that situation so thats on the coaches.

sorry you lost money. but thats why i dont bet on the giants. lol

ProfessorCrue
10-01-2012, 11:49 AM
as far as Tynes.. guess you have not watched many giants games this year. He has been lights out and we have all been wondering what he did in offseason. He was 11 for 11 on FGs prior to that miss. Most of them were more then 40.. some 45, 47 and 50 yards out and he was making them with ease right through the middle with ball hitting the net. the 54 yarder fell just a foot or 2 short.

the thing about barden when you said you cant say on here what u feel about him. well if he didnt do what he did. That was going to be a game ending INT by namandi. He had the better angle on a ball which never should have been thrown in the first place. you are already WELL with in tynes range at 44 yards. all you need is a few more insurance yards and that games in the bag. maybe they thought they would catch philly sleeping again like at the end of the 3rd. at any rate you dont thrown long in that situation so thats on the coaches.

sorry you lost money. but thats why i dont bet on the giants. lol
i only lost ten bucks, lol. i wasnt like i "bet" on a single team

miked1958
10-01-2012, 02:36 PM
i only lost ten bucks, lol. i wasnt like i "bet" on a single teamwell 10 bucks is 10 bucks. loss is on the eli first for not seeing that defender on the 1st and goal. Osi second who was running around in CEMENT shoes all night and mostly the coaches because after all the mistakes they still should have won the game but they had to get cute and try an long pass when they had no business doing that when the game was in the bag. just a simple 5 yard out or another 2 or 3 yard run up the middle is all that was needed to secure that win

FBomb
10-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Anybody seen the professor?

ProfessorCrue
10-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Anybody seen the professor?
hey what can i say, muh boyz let me down....took the wind out of my sails for a lil bit....i am starting to think garrett is actually to blame in all this, not the players. he doesnt get them mentally fired up at game time

BParcells777
10-02-2012, 05:42 PM
hey what can i say, muh boyz let me down....took the wind out of my sails for a lil bit....i am starting to think garrett is actually to blame in all this, not the players. he doesnt get them mentally fired up at game time

Its only one game Crue......The boys will be back. I like Garrett but he lacks Gravitas
You guys should lock up Gruden before the Cheesesteaks get him.

BParcells777
10-02-2012, 05:49 PM
please pick against us at all times :O)