PDA

View Full Version : Don't Blame The Replacements

NYGfanNC
09-27-2012, 09:19 AM
They're replacements...they're not supposed to be good. Just imagine if we didn't have Nicks, Bradshaw, or Diehl for a game and had to roll with Barden, AB2, and a new look O line, we would get blow out...oh wait, that happened and the opposite happened. I love my team. Can't wait 'till Sunday Night at 8:30...GMEN!!! ALL IN

Kruunch
09-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Time until the first calls for the Replacement Refs to come back ... 12 hours.

NorwoodBlue
09-27-2012, 10:07 AM
The replacement refs have been a scapegoat for teams playing poorly to blame their loss on someone else. They made some bad calls; but the regular refs make bad calls every week too. The media has had a field day because they have an easy story to write, and they don't have to do real work, like figuring out why Green Bay and New England suck so bad this year. Their O-lines are horrible in my opinion; but that's a differnt thread.

Now that the real refs are back, it'll be interesting to see how much focus goes on the calls they blow.

GameTime
09-27-2012, 10:09 AM
its flow of the game that they effected the most.

Flip Empty
09-27-2012, 10:10 AM
The replacement refs have been a scapegoat for teams playing poorly to blame their loss on someone else. They made some bad calls; but the regular refs make bad calls every week too. The media has had a field day because they have an easy story to write, and they don't have to do real work, like figuring out why Green Bay and New England suck so bad this year. Their O-lines are horrible in my opinion; but that's a differnt thread.

There are bad calls and then there's just not knowing the rules. The replacement refs fell into the latter category.

No scapegoat. Green Bay won that game on Monday. They got robbed right in front of millions of people.

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 10:11 AM
its flow of the game that they effected the most. +1

GameTime
09-27-2012, 10:11 AM
+1
so I am not a dork or a tool yet today????....

:)

FBomb
09-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Honestly.....I think the the call in the Packers/Hawks game was very close. I think it could have gone either way no matter who was officiating. People are just pissed because the refs weren't trying to give the game away to the discount double ****** like the real refs do.

You watch....Packers go on a winning streak now.

Kruunch
09-27-2012, 10:13 AM
so I am not a dork or a tool yet today????....

:)

Well let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet ;)

Speaking of which, watch the Packers and Saints offense now EXPLODE ... both teams relied heavily on secondary penalties to keep drives alive last year.

GameTime
09-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Well let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet ;)

Speaking of which, watch the Packers and Saints offense now EXPLODE ... both teams relied heavily on secondary penalties to keep drives alive last year.
the day is young isn't it.....

**** the Pack and Saints.......:)

Flip Empty
09-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Honestly.....I think the the call in the Packers/Hawks game was very close. I think it could have gone either way no matter who was officiating. People are just pissed because the refs weren't trying to give the game away to the discount double ****** like the real refs do.

You watch....Packers go on a winning streak now.
They'll go on a winning streak because they'll be be facing a string of bad teams.

And like him or loathe him, I thought Rodgers handled this extremely well. Apologising to the fans was a very nice move.

Kruunch
09-27-2012, 10:16 AM
the day is young isn't it.....

**** the Pack and Saints.......:)

You're missing a stanza in your haiku.

I would end with ...

"And the Eagles and Cowboys too!"

burier
09-27-2012, 12:38 PM
I think some people are imagining the regular refs are better than they are. NFL refs suck! Though I must admit replacement NFL refs suck harder.

giantsforce
09-27-2012, 01:42 PM
I think some people are imagining the regular refs are better than they are. NFL refs suck! Though I must admit replacement NFL refs suck harder.I am with you. However the replacement refs had a valid excuse: Last minute replacements, not much training. What's the regular refs excuse? Favoritism? Incompetence?

GameTime
09-27-2012, 01:49 PM
I am with you. However the replacement refs had a valid excuse: Last minute replacements, not much training. What's the regular refs excuse? Favoritism? Incompetence?
22 people runing around on the field at once maybe.....

Toadofsteel
09-27-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm ready for the real refs to come back. Time for JPP to wreak some havoc without being held all the time...

GMan-67
09-27-2012, 02:11 PM
really the players, coaches, fans and media bullied the replacements and nobody likes a bully

and the NFL literally waited until a game was decided ... the owners could care less about the fans

the replacements were the biggest victims and us fans 2nd

UK-Giantsfan
09-27-2012, 03:48 PM
just wait until the proper refs screw up and cost the Giants a game........... ...bring back the replacements !

GiantRoc
09-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Agreed. They had a hell of a learning curve to overcome. Let's not forget all the b**chin' over the "real" refs. But I did miss seeing an incompetent referee running around flexing. At least we got that back.

Kruunch
09-27-2012, 04:24 PM
The only thing I miss from the regular refs is a state of consistency which, aside from the occasional outlier, they were really good at.

To me, that's what is missing most.

That and being able to go to sleep before 1:00 AM on Monday, Tuesday and Friday mornings. :(

burier
09-27-2012, 04:37 PM
really the players, coaches, fans and media bullied the replacements and nobody likes a bully

and the NFL literally waited until a game was decided ... the owners could care less about the fans

the replacements were the biggest victims and us fans 2nd

Im not gonna call guys who got to ref real NFL games victims. I think they'd all say they had a great opportunity. Everything was all good until the Green Bay game..Which should have been sorted about the reg ref in the booth anyway.

TrueBlue@NYC
09-27-2012, 05:04 PM
One thing having the replacement refs come in does show is that not just anybody can come in and ref and NFL game and it does take a considerable amount of training. One positive coming from this is that in the new agreement it looks like the NFL has pushed for their to be back-up refs or an official farm system for new refs to come in the right way and make their way up the ranks.

One of the problems with the current refs is that it's almost a closed community, only a select few can gain access to and only with the right connections. This system seems like it would allow younger refs and oppurtunity to earn their way into the league and it puts the onus on the regular refs to maintain a higher level of officiating knowing there's someone on their heels.

One thing I did like about the replacement refs was that they did allow more contact downfield in the passing game. There werent too many ticky tack PI calls which I liked. Bring the physicality back to the passing game. I always hated it when an offense got bailed out on a 3rd and 20 by a PI call on a pass play that likely would not have connected anyway.

Drez
09-27-2012, 05:15 PM
They're replacements...they're not supposed to be good. Just imagine if we didn't have Nicks, Bradshaw, or Diehl for a game and had to roll with Barden, AB2, and a new look O line, we would get blow out...oh wait, that happened and the opposite happened. I love my team. Can't wait 'till Sunday Night at 8:30...GMEN!!! ALL IN
Not even close to being analogous.