PDA

View Full Version : What holes/problems are left?

Deschi
09-27-2012, 10:16 AM
The LB position, which used to be a worry now has some seriously talented depth.
The O-Line, who scared me at the beginning of the season, is now looking up the past few games (please no Deihl).

The CB's were and still are my biggest worry, with TT out, CWeb playing like his old, pre 2007 playoff, self, and Amukamara, Hosely, and Coe nursing lingering injuries. But after last game it looks like Amukamara and Hosely will step up nicely, hopefully CWeb settles down, and Coe gets healthy and gives us really good depth. Still not out of the woods their yet.

The biggest need for us though, is our D-Line to step up. They haven't played all that bad, but until the CB's get healthy, the young guys get comfortable, and step up, we need our D-Line, the better of the 2, to help cover their asses.

and the "green-zone gagging" needs to stop. I literally picked up Tynes from fantasy just because i know we AAAAALWAYS have this problem of not finishing drives. I'm so smart :rolleyes:

Sorry if any of this has been talked about, just my two cents on the season coming into the boards three weeks late.

Flip Empty
09-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Still have no return game and the secondary isn't flash...

BlueJayC
09-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Quite simply overall health and youth at the O-line.

CowboysSuck
09-27-2012, 10:24 AM
I agree with just about all of your points. However, I think our D-line (especially Jason Pierre-Paul) are playing just fine. Don't forget that the Giants are known throughout the league as having a ferocious pass rush. So teams are going to game plan to neutralize it. Naturally, production (in terms of sack..flashy numbers) will decrease. But do you watch Jason Pierre-Paul play? Oh my god the guy is a beast.

giantsfan420
09-27-2012, 10:26 AM
JR is doing an awesome job making each area of the team lethal.

before the season it was : OL and a replacement for osi

i still think thats the only issue we have is the OL. we prob have osi's replacement on the roster. the OL tho, aside from beatty and boothe, the only guys we trust to start have been in the league 7 plus yrs, so while this OL may in fact be legit and the OL for this season and even next, we need to get good young talent so we can get them integrated w/o any turnover. other than that, we could maybe improve a few areas to top 3 in the nfl but i think the team constructed as is is a 12 win dominate anyone team

Jppallday
09-27-2012, 10:55 AM
The LB position, which used to be a worry now has some seriously talented depth.
The O-Line, who scared me at the beginning of the season, is now looking up the past few games (please no Deihl).

The CB's were and still are my biggest worry, with TT out, CWeb playing like his old, pre 2007 playoff, self, and Amukamara, Hosely, and Coe nursing lingering injuries. But after last game it looks like Amukamara and Hosely will step up nicely, hopefully CWeb settles down, and Coe gets healthy and gives us really good depth. Still not out of the woods their yet.

The biggest need for us though, is our D-Line to step up. They haven't played all that bad, but until the CB's get healthy, the young guys get comfortable, and step up, we need our D-Line, the better of the 2, to help cover their asses.

and the "green-zone gagging" needs to stop. I literally picked up Tynes from fantasy just because i know we AAAAALWAYS have this problem of not finishing drives. I'm so smart :rolleyes:

Sorry if any of this has been talked about, just my two cents on the season coming into the boards three weeks late.

Enough with the Webster bashing its pissing me off. He had a bad game against Dallas ad played fine the next 2 games, and the last one with a broken hand. He is our best cornerback stop bashing him its annoying

burier
09-27-2012, 11:06 AM

(Just want to let everyone know that the whining on the board has everyone in a constant state of genuflection out of fear that someone is gonna piss and moan because a topic has already been discussed. Good goin guys)

I'm not satisfied with the backers. I like Rivers but he's been banged up. Boley is good but Kiwi doesn't impress.

Dline has been mostly awful. They looked good against a flat and ill-prepared panthers squad. All of the guys need to play better with the obvious acception being Jason Voorhees.

The secondary shouldn't be a problem. If you thought T2 was going to make an impact this season you ignored probably 30 posts from yours truly. But Webster should be able to play a little better than he has, Prince should make an impact and we have good safeties.

I still need to see more from the Oline. Diehl should have never been moved to RT to begin with and I honestly don't know what the Giants were thinking about with that move. I really hope he doesn't return to the starting lineup.

GameTime
09-27-2012, 11:12 AM
](Just want to let everyone know that the whining on the board has everyone in a constant state of genuflection out of fear that someone is gonna piss and moan because a topic has already been discussed. Good goin guys)[/B].

really....I cant believe someone would actually complain about such a thing.....
I have actually heard of a member asking to have yet anohter "Eli" thread deleted. Imagine the balls!!!

:cool:

TheEnigma
09-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Enough with the Webster bashing its pissing me off. He had a bad game against Dallas ad played fine the next 2 games, and the last one with a broken hand. He is our best cornerback stop bashing him its annoying

I wouldn't really equate "settling down" to Webster bashing. He could of been harsher with the criticism.

juice33s
09-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Pass defense....We're currently giving up a league worst 9.3 yards per attempt which is a whole yard more then last season's last place team. According to PFF Corey Webster has given up the 2nd most yards in the NFL (251) at 22.8 yards per catch. And it's not just the secondary...The pass rush has looked anything but dominant with Osi, Tuck and JPP combining for just 2.5 sacks through 3 games with Tuck and Osi looking like they're on the down slope of their career.

I wouldn't say this is a major concern because the Giants have the talent to turn it around, afterall, they looked like **** for most of last season before turning it on for the playoff strecth, but its certainly their biggest problem that needs some fixing

Jppallday
09-27-2012, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't really equate "settling down" to Webster bashing. He could of been harsher with the criticism.

Saying he is playing like he was before the 07 playoffs is bashing since he was dreadful. Give the guy some respect

GMan-67
09-27-2012, 01:24 PM
the OTs have a big test this week vs. Babin and Cole ... if they perform well this week, we can feel pretty good about them

i hate that our already depleted secondary has ... Webster-broken hand, Rolle-bruised knee, Hosley-hammy, Coe-nagging hammy, Prince-lingering high ankle ... be nice to heal up close to 100% b/c i think we will be OK back there

jomo
09-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Our OL is just good, no better and our depth is non-existent. Everything else looks pretty good to me.

Deschi
09-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Saying he is playing like he was before the 07 playoffs is bashing since he was dreadful. Give the guy some respect

I love Cweb, hes definetly our best CB, but you cannot tell me hes started this season playing like he has in the past, in a time when we need him to perform the most. I think thats were all the "bashing" is probably coming from. I wasn't trying to bash him, just I've been disappointed by his play so far, the first time that i feel that way since before the 07 playoff run (hence the comment).

Deschi
09-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Our OL is just good, no better and our depth is non-existent. Everything else looks pretty good to me.

That should defintely be the focus this off season, as our secondary, LB, WRs, and RB depth is young and looks promising. There are no one that shines on the O-line though, but as long as they hold it together and stay "just good" we will be alright.

Deschi
09-27-2012, 02:01 PM
(Just want to let everyone know that the whining on the board has everyone in a constant state of genuflection out of fear that someone is gonna piss and moan because a topic has already been discussed. Good goin guys)

I wasn't fearful, just trying to be considerate :rolleyes:

jomo
09-27-2012, 02:09 PM
That should defintely be the focus this off season, as our secondary, LB, WRs, and RB depth is young and looks promising. There are no one that shines on the O-line though, but as long as they hold it together and stay "just good" we will be alright.I agree, our issues there cannot be solved during the season. The OL, where it is currently playing is OK, it's just the depth that concerns me.

GiantRoc
09-27-2012, 02:37 PM
I see our biggest hole right now being MLB. Blackburn has great heart and desire, but he just does not have the talent to be a starter. He seems to always be a step or 2 too slow to react outside in support against the run. I haven't seen Herzlich improve to where he can make a difference. I hope he can. OL depth is a concern for sure. I am anxious to see what this current line does against the Eagle D-line. I think that will tell a big story about this line. The DTs need to step up, no doubt. I think it can only Improve. We have an "older" 11 yr man at 1 tackle (Bernard) and a 3rd yr guy at the other (Joseph). Spelling them are basically 2 rookies, (Austin and Kuhn). As those 2 learn more, I think they will have more of an impact. When and if Canty returns, I think you will see the big push up the middle return.

Jppallday
09-27-2012, 05:14 PM
I love Cweb, hes definetly our best CB, but you cannot tell me hes started this season playing like he has in the past, in a time when we need him to perform the most. I think thats were all the "bashing" is probably coming from. I wasn't trying to bash him, just I've been disappointed by his play so far, the first time that i feel that way since before the 07 playoff run (hence the comment).

Ok now I see where you're coming from. I wasn't trying to be a D or anything just sticking up for Webby

titwio
09-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Health is the biggest problem and obstacle for this team.

fansince69
09-27-2012, 05:48 PM

I'm not satisfied with the backers. I like Rivers but he's been banged up. Boley is good but Kiwi doesn't impress.

Dline has been mostly awful. They looked good against a flat and ill-prepared panthers squad. All of the guys need to play better with the obvious acception being Jason Voorhees.

The secondary shouldn't be a problem. If you thought T2 was going to make an impact this season you ignored probably 30 posts from yours truly. But Webster should be able to play a little better than he has, Prince should make an impact and we have good safeties.

I still need to see more from the Oline. Diehl should have never been moved to RT to begin with and I honestly don't know what the Giants were thinking about with that move. I really hope he doesn't return to the starting lineup.

Sorry to disagree but Kiwi was one of the top rated linebackers last year against the run

Eliscruzzz
09-27-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm just worried with the injuries to the secondary but when they are healthy I see us as a well rounded team maybe more so then the 49ers.

NYKiller
09-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Note: I don't analyze Giants playersí base on what others think and say. And I will not show loyalty like the homers on this board and like TC sometimes who I respect, but can be too loyal to the vets even if they stink. I am not your typical Giants fan because Iím willing to expose weakness regardless of who the player is just to make the Giants a better team. Too much loyalty is a weakness, it all about results and performance. If you perform as expected, then you will be fine; If you stink up the joint and Eli is getting kill, or can't run the ball for whatever reason then itís time for a change. I know I can sound heartless, but I just want the best for the Giants.

Defense:
If prince lives up to expectation, then Corey Webster will be the biggest weakness in the Giants secondary. He must be replace if he continues to give up big plays.
The Three best Giants Linebackers that should be starting is Boley, Blackburn and Rivers (when healthy). If I miss anyone, then they should not be starting.
I like the D-Line, but OSI suck against the run, I'm still trying to figure out Tuck who hasn't done much since his pro bowl season.

Offensive.
David Deihl stink and will not get any better at this point in his football career.
Injuries may have taken its toll on Bradshaw. He is done base on what I have seen, he will never be as effective as Brown is right now. Also, he is not very fast/explosive.
Everything else including special team is fine for now. More weaknesses will be revealed as the season goes on.

Redeyejedi
09-27-2012, 08:37 PM
The secondary has serious issues right now. Enough were the season can be derailed. The Giants have a lot of talent there buit none of its healthy. Webster is playing with a broken hand, Amukumara is the new Ross who cant stay off the trainers table,Hosley has a pulled Hammy , Coe is banged up, Rolle might not play. If I was a coach I wouldnt even try to run the ball on the Giants id throw every play

gmenfan0488
09-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Corner, and OL, depth. Webster should be fine, Phillips and Rolle are good, and hopefully prince can play well and be healthy. We don't have the depth at CB after Webster and Prince

tonyt830
09-28-2012, 05:56 AM

Sorry if any of this has been talked about, just my two cents on the season coming into the boards three weeks late.Its still early, but I hope the O-line continues to improve as the season goes on. The health and depth of our secondary does concern me. I am happy to see that Prince will be getting his first start on Sunday. Hosley has showed some flashes this season as well. And yes I know injuries are part of the game.

But in the coming offseason, I would not mind seeing O-line and the CB position being addressed. Except for Beatty, all of our starting O-line is 30 and over. I dont know how Brewer will progress and if Beatty can stay healthy. Then of course you have the salary cap to consider and whose contracts are coming up.