PDA

View Full Version : PFT's week 4 picks

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 02:08 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/27/pfts-week-four-picks-3/related/

Excerpt: "In hindsight, I shouldn’t have complained about the Monday night debacle.

After all, I picked the Seahawks to win by a point and, thanks to the replacement officials, Seattle won by two. Since MDS picked the Pack, it allowed me to win the weekly contest with MDS by two, 9-7 versus 7-9.

Given the crazy, upside-down games from Week Three, I’ll take a winning record and run with it — as quickly as the Seahawks ran with their unwarranted win.

For the season, I’m now 27-21, and MDS is 26-22."

Giants at Eagles

MDS’s take: The Eagles need to bounce back in a big way after laying an egg against the Cardinals. I think they’re going to, with Michael Vick (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2107/michael-vick) finally making it through a game without a turnover.MDS’s pick: Eagles 24, Giants 21.Florio’s take: Eagles coach Andy Reid does his best work when his back is against the wall. And his back is already against the wall. And he said just enough this week to put his quarterback’s back against the wall, too.

Florio’s pick: Eagles 27, Giants 24. " Read more...

Toadofsteel
09-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Yay we're the underdog again!

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 02:14 PM
This is a double good news thread. Picking against us and it's an away game

repeatchamps
And the Giants backs aren't against the wall? No way the Giants can afford another division loss this early into the season. I understand the Eagles have been downright awful and are lucky to be 2-1 and that may mean they do have their backs against the wall but no more than the Giants when it comes to this division and how the Giants, due to the non-divisional schedule, need to fair in the division.

GameTime
good thats two picks we can count on being wrong....

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 02:15 PM
And the Giants backs aren't against the wall? No way the Giants can afford another division loss this early into the season. I understand the Eagles have been downright awful and are lucky to be 2-1 and that may mean they do have their backs against the wall but no more than the Giants when it comes to this division and how the Giants, due to the non-divisional schedule, need to fair in the division.

Notice they didn't offer any football related reasons for picking the Eagles, just intangibles

repeatchamps
09-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Notice they didn't offer any football related reasons for picking the Eagles, just intangibles

Typical PFT. Not surprised. What's foolish of them as I said in my reply, Philly has no more intangibles than the Giants do in this game besides home field.

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 02:17 PM
good thats two picks we can count on being wrong....

That's the spirit, Buckaroo

Moke
09-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Division games are always the hardest and this game is no joke.

The eagles CAN win so let's not make the so-called homer picks we so often make.

But I'm going to pick the Giants anyway, because Nicks is back, we saw what Barden can do so we have him as depth, AND Andre Brown showed us what he can do with the running game.

What does that tell us? That having Bradshaw will back might decrease Brown's productivity/carries, BUT the eagles will have to be on their toes with the running game.

"But the eagles defense got better"

Yeah? So what? If we can't run the ball because of their D-line (oh help us offensive-line please), we'll have our secret (but-not so secret weapon) in Bennett.

Yes, you read correctly, Bennett is our weapon. He'll leave guys like Cruz and Nicks open while their LBs try and cover Bennett.

Just watch.

I'd be surprised if our passing yards are less than 300.

Rudyy
09-27-2012, 02:20 PM
All I know is, we have to..I mean HAVE to put pressure on Vick.

Buddy333
09-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Really? I'd say there is a better chance they don't get 300 yards combined. The Eagles have a very good defense. The Giants have not had a 100 yard rusher against the Eagles since 2008.

TheAnalyst
09-27-2012, 02:25 PM

Started at 2.5 point underdogs, now at 1.5

People betting the Gmen with the points.

Moke
09-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Really? I'd say there is a better chance they don't get 300 yards combined. The Eagles have a very good defense. The Giants have not had a 100 yard rusher against the Eagles since 2008.

I'll take the over if it was 300 yards combined.

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 02:26 PM
All I know is, we have to..I mean HAVE to put pressure on Vick.

As I said in another thread yesterday, we invented the defense to contain Vick several seasons ago. The DLine may have started slow, but this is a game they can return to their former glory.

giantsfan420
09-27-2012, 02:27 PM
i hate to admit, but i like others feel a little bit nervous when everyones picking us. i saw a lot of that with this upcoming game. its crazy but im glad to see people picking philly

GameTime

thats why you are so wise.......

RoanokeFan

Let's hope that trend changes on Sunday.

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 02:28 PM
thats why you are so wise.......

Can I assume you're eating potato chips? :popcorn:

Rudyy
09-27-2012, 02:29 PM
As I said in another thread yesterday, we invented the defense to contain Vick several seasons ago. The DLine may have started slow, but this is a game they can return to their former glory. I believe it. They definitely stepped up in Carolina.

TheAnalyst
09-27-2012, 02:31 PM
If we can contain Cam Newton, we can contain Vick. Cam Newton is more athletic and stronger IMO. Maybe not as good with his feet for quickness, but he is fast as well.

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 02:32 PM
I believe it. They definitely stepped up in Carolina.

It seems to me things are starting to fall into place. We went into Carolina minus 3 offensive starters and the big concern was we'd never be ab le to contain Newton. I'm not suggesting this will be a walk in the park, but I do think we will win as long as we play as we did in Carolina

GameTime
09-27-2012, 02:32 PM
come on Bro....you are bringing me down.
Major Buzzkill

Moke
09-27-2012, 02:33 PM
come on Bro....you are bringing me down.
Major Buzzkill

Yeah I lost it too. Blue ballin.

TheEnigma
09-27-2012, 02:34 PM
If we can contain Cam Newton, we can contain Vick. Cam Newton is more athletic and stronger IMO. Maybe not as good with his feet for quickness, but he is fast as well.

McCoy is always the one I worry about more. The way he can just dance around players and make them miss tackles is absurd. Without Peters and Kelce, I'm not too concerned about getting pressure on Vick in passing situations.

Moke
09-27-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm worried for my fantasy....

I have Desean and I really could afford TDs. I just hope he doesn't pull off his famous stunt of throwing the ball to the floor before he reaches the endzone.

GameTime
09-27-2012, 02:37 PM
I'm worried for my fantasy....

hee hee..
just sayin'....

Moke
09-27-2012, 02:38 PM
hee hee..
just sayin'....

I don't share Rex Ryan's views on feet.

GameTime
09-27-2012, 02:39 PM
I don't share Rex Ryan's views on feet.

thats good news...
feet are nasty....

Buddy333
09-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Sorry everyone but the Eagles just seem to own the Giants. I'm not sold on the running game or the OL based on the last game. I need to see more. I mean just a couple of weeks ago most thought the Giants had a horrible OL and now it's 2008 all over again.

Moke
09-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Sorry everyone but the Eagles just seem to own the Giants. I'm not sold on the running game or the OL based on the last game. I need to see more. I mean just a couple of weeks ago most thought the Giants had a horrible OL and now it's 2008 all over again.

I understand. I don't blame your assessment, but I think we get it done on the sole purpose that we are 1) Away and 2)weapons seem much better than the Eagles right now.

Buddy333
09-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Isn't the road thing a myths though? Doesn't Eli have almost the same record at home as he does on the road?

TheEnigma
09-27-2012, 02:43 PM

If it wasn't for the Eagles turning the ball over so much in this season, I'd probably agree with you. We've been doing a good job generating turnovers in the passing game and since Reid is in love with the deep ball, I think we'll get an INT or two.

GameTime
09-27-2012, 02:44 PM

all good...
I have a gut feeling that the Philly is in trouble and they wont be in sync on offense. They Giants have more film of the wide 9 and will have a few new wrinkles to counter it. Vick is another year older and at some point every athlete takes a sharp decline. He looks slow and tentative back there. I am not taking them for granted or thinking the Giants winning is a slam dunk but I just see the Eagles as a team on the way down. Reid will try a few trick/surprise plays but I see Vick getting mauled and Eli takling advantage.

Moke
09-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Isn't the road thing a myths though? Doesn't Eli have almost the same record at home as he does on the road?

Probably, but I'm going to with my gut instinct. Both teams are good.

sharick88
09-27-2012, 03:07 PM

Exactly. I am fine with people picking against our team. I would just prefer that the reasons behind are football related.

G.I. Ants
09-27-2012, 03:26 PM
This is some great news to hear that we're underdogs this week. I can't wait for McCoy's press conference stating how they beat themselves.

sharick88
09-27-2012, 03:54 PM
This is some great news to hear that we're underdogs this week. I can't wait for McCoy's press conference stating how they beat themselves.

Or how they're still the better team. LOL

Rusty192
09-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Or how they're still the better team. LOL its inevitable.

nycisgreat
09-28-2012, 11:21 AM

Honestly, you can never be sure of a Giant win against the Eagles. The craziest happen when we play them. This is game is an absolute toss up. I am happy this game is so Early in the Season. Another Eagles loss can back the camels back. Not that I care, but it would give them more sense of urgency to get back on track. I would like for the Giants to dismantle this team on Sunday night, but will it happen. No one know.