PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Perry Fewell says Prince Amukamara will get his first NFL start on Sunday

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 06:32 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/giants_perry_fewell_says_cb_pr.html#incart_river

Excerpt: "Questions and concerns remain in the Giants secondary.

Jayron Hosley and Michael Coe continue to deal with hamstring injuries. Antrel Rolle missed practice today due to a freak knee injury he suffered when he ran into a camera last week. Each player's status for Sunday night is up in the air.

But two things are certain: Corey Webster, broken hand and all, will play Sunday, and Prince Amukamara will be opposite him making his first career start.

"Prince will be the starter on Sunday," Fewell said. "No doubt. Yes." Read more...

Eliscruzzz
09-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Yes I'm very happy with this news I have always been a big believer in Prince and I thought he showed how tough he was against the Panthers and also that he can be a leader in the back end when Webster decides to leave or retire I seen him on Giants Rewind running up to teammates and congratulating them after they made good plays he will be a force for us in the back field. Now hopefully Hosley can play this Sunday any word on him yet???

jomo
09-27-2012, 06:52 PM
He's looked good to me thus far when healthy.

giantsfan420
09-27-2012, 06:52 PM
um, i hope PF has a better plan than just going with x amount of corners like we did vs carolina w our 4 wr's. we got lucky that worked out thrus night. i am worried that webster could easily face a situation where he aggravates his hand and has to miss the game. that would leave us with Prince, and One Hamstring Coe...who else would we even have? Suppose Coe triggers something...Tryon? R we really going into philly depending solely on one handed webster, Prince, and then one hamstring coe and "the term is little people" Tryon?
2 of those 4 have issues as well, well 3 really bc Prince is just coming off that high ankle sprain...like wtf

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 06:59 PM
He's looked good to me thus far when healthy.

I hope he continues to improve his game because he has talent

jomo
09-27-2012, 07:25 PM
I hope he continues to improve his game because he has talentEvery corner, especially young ones get beat in some routes but the Price overall has been sticky in coverage and willing to get physical in run support. With he and Hosley as young DB's I am encouraged.

NYKiller
09-27-2012, 07:51 PM
I will be paying close attention.

Hooligans
09-27-2012, 07:52 PM
What's the over/under before the plastic Prince is injured again......I say 1 quarter or 15 plays, whichever happens first.

jomo
09-27-2012, 08:43 PM
What's the over/under before the plastic Prince is injured again......I say 1 quarter or 15 plays, whichever happens first.Gotta love that attitude!

pino
09-27-2012, 08:52 PM
I thought he played well with his opportunities. He even showed some fight last game!

GameTime
09-27-2012, 08:58 PM
What's the over/under before the plastic Prince is injured again......I say 1 quarter or 15 plays, whichever happens first.
wow...you really are a miserable fan......sucks for you

OX1
09-27-2012, 09:19 PM
um, i hope PF has a better plan than just going with x amount of corners like we did vs carolina w our 4 wr's. we got lucky that worked out thrus night. i am worried that webster could easily face a situation where he aggravates his hand and has to miss the game. that would leave us with Prince, and One Hamstring Coe...who else would we even have? Suppose Coe triggers something...Tryon? R we really going into philly depending solely on one handed webster, Prince, and then one hamstring coe and "the term is little people" Tryon?
2 of those 4 have issues as well, well 3 really bc Prince is just coming off that high ankle sprain...like wtf

I'm with you on this one. How do you play corner well with a broken hand.

When are they going to start letting us play 2 injured guys
(that might equal one together) at one position.

GMENAGAIN
09-27-2012, 09:40 PM

Love when a pot-bellied, unemployed dough boy who lives in his mother's basement questions the toughness of a pro athlete . . . . lol

GMENAGAIN
09-27-2012, 09:41 PM

What other options does he have?

ShakeandBake
09-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Love when a pot-bellied, unemployed dough boy who lives in his mother's basement questions the toughness of a pro athlete . . . . lol

Proof?

GMENAGAIN
09-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Proof?

Just a strong hunch . . . .

NYKiller
09-27-2012, 10:26 PM
I like Prince. I really hope he does well.

GMan-67
09-27-2012, 10:34 PM
forget Perry, has anyone contacted Spags to see what he thinks ???

Buddy333
09-27-2012, 11:52 PM
Lol. So he's plastic because a big WR rolled up on his ankle?

Buddy333
09-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Didn't they say that it was the doctors orders that Hosely sits out of practice? Not good if true. It don't look all that serious when it happened as he looked to be laughing on the side line.