PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Rocky Bernard says Michael Vick will have to get rid of the ball sooner

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Giants' Rocky Bernard says Michael Vick will have to get rid of the ball sooner: "He's not inhuman"

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/giants_rocky_bernard_says_mich.html#incart_river

Excerpt: "Michael Vick has made a living scrambling out of the pocket and eluding pass rushers with unprecedented mobility at the quarterback position.

But with that has also come a multitude of big hits. And through three games this season, he's taken even more than usual -- nine sacks and 28 total hits, to be exact.

That, Rocky Bernard and others on the Giants defensive line believe, is the product of a few problems. Yes, there's the battered offensive line. But some of it's Vick's own doing.

"I know a lot of people want to blame it on the offensive line, but I think usually when stuff like that happens, it works both ways," defensive tackle Rocky Bernard said. "Blocking also maybe he's holding the ball a little too long, trying to make the big play every time instead of taking what the defense gives you." Read more...

Moke
09-27-2012, 06:43 PM
He's got a point. Vick is so vulnerable, especially since he holds on to the ball a lot. Offensive line is obviously going to get battered if the QB keeps holding on to the ball.

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 06:48 PM
He's got a point. Vick is so vulnerable, especially since he holds on to the ball a lot. Offensive line is obviously going to get battered if the QB keeps holding on to the ball.

Vick has to be sore and wary. Does that wok in his favor or ours?

jomo
09-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Vick has to be sore and wary. Does that wok in his favor or ours?That's a very good point.

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 06:55 PM
That's a very good point.

My logical mind says it favors us cause if we get to him early, he's surely going to be looking over his shoulder more than he might otherwise and I know we can force him to his weak side making it harder for him to throw on the run. But does he set us up with a dink and dunk game while our secondary is still trying to get it all together?

Moke
09-27-2012, 06:57 PM
My logical mind says it favors us cause if we get to him early, he's surely going to looking over his shoulder more than he might otherwise and I know we can force him to his weak side making it harder for him to throw on the run. But does he set us up with a dink and dunk game while our secondary is still trying to get it all together?

That's what I'm worried about. McCoy will get his chances, and I hope that Perry and co. are ready for it.

Cloud57
09-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Vick's job is on the line so I'm sure he will play better and be prepared when he plays us

Moke
09-27-2012, 07:01 PM
If it's anyone's job on the line (for the season), it really should be Reid's. It's unfortunate that he has an amazing back and he barely uses him effectively.

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Vick's job is on the line so I'm sure he will play better and be prepared when he plays us

We can say that about every division game

GMan-67
09-27-2012, 07:12 PM
sssssshhhhhh and PLAY ... oh and how about playing like Rocky in the Philly !!

jomo
09-27-2012, 07:15 PM
sssssshhhhhh and PLAY ... oh and how about playing like Rocky in the Philly !!I've been thinking the ssshhhhhhhhh thing all week. Stop with the talk and prepare like your life depends on it!

Eliscruzzz
09-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Mike Vick will never change he is horrible at reading defenses especially the blitz but I think we are going to play him differently this time with our secondary being banged up I think we are going to see only a 4 man rush and drop 7 either way Mike Vick is in trouble. I thought our o-line was bad wow and combine that with the fact Mike Vick always looks for the home run and holds on to the ball forever we'll be able to get there with just 4. But I don't want to get to confident last time I felt like that we lost.

GiantWarfare
09-27-2012, 07:34 PM
I've learned to never feel confident during Eagles week. Each division game is its own story, its own battle, but lets face it, they've had our number. Here's to hoping the Giants team from last game shows up this Sun Night and handles its business in the dump that is the Linc. Battering Vick like he's never been battered before would be nice.

Cool Papa B.
09-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Hey Rocky.....don't give out so much info before the game.

joemorrisforprez
09-27-2012, 08:54 PM
The Fat Man is going to pound the ball with McCoy for this game....then, he'll go back to being the same old pass happy coach that infuriates Eagles fans.

I can depend on two things every Eagles/Giants game:

1) Andy Reid does his best coaching job of the season.
2) Gibride does not.

Rat_bastich
09-28-2012, 12:57 AM
Vick has gotten by on his athleticism for awhile, but has been injured almost every year due to the beatings he takes. I don't think he makes it out of this game if the defense can get into the backfield.

Buddy333
09-28-2012, 01:01 AM
Have to hope that Webster and Prince can get the job done so the DL will have time to gets Vick.

RagTime Blue
09-28-2012, 01:17 AM
I wonder if Rocky Bernard has any more advice to make the Eagles a better team.

Toadofsteel
09-28-2012, 01:19 AM
Have to hope that Webster and Prince can get the job done so the DL will have time to gets Vick.

This. Not having Hosley is a major loss. Will we play a 3 safety set for nickel this week or no? I really don't want to see Tryon in our defense again...

Marvelousmik
09-28-2012, 01:39 AM
Giants' Rocky Bernard says Michael Vick will have to get rid of the ball sooner: "He's not inhuman"

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/giants_rocky_bernard_says_mich.html#incart_river

Excerpt: "Michael Vick has made a living scrambling out of the pocket and eluding pass rushers with unprecedented mobility at the quarterback position.

But with that has also come a multitude of big hits. And through three games this season, he's taken even more than usual -- nine sacks and 28 total hits, to be exact.

That, Rocky Bernard and others on the Giants defensive line believe, is the product of a few problems. Yes, there's the battered offensive line. But some of it's Vick's own doing.

"I know a lot of people want to blame it on the offensive line, but I think usually when stuff like that happens, it works both ways," defensive tackle Rocky Bernard said. "Blocking also maybe he's holding the ball a little too long, trying to make the big play every time instead of taking what the defense gives you." Read more...

I like how the title doesnt match the words of Rocky Bernard. The media loves to hype things up and it never fails

giantsfan420
09-28-2012, 01:49 AM
lol perfectly said ragtime. i thought the same thing

Flip Empty
09-28-2012, 06:03 AM
I wonder if Rocky Bernard has any more advice to make the Eagles a better team.
It's hardly a revelation. It's like how people thought Belichick had uncovered some great secret with the "throw it to Manningham" thing.

RoanokeFan
09-28-2012, 06:26 AM
I've been thinking the ssshhhhhhhhh thing all week. Stop with the talk and prepare like your life depends on it!

Or like MY life depends on it lol

RoanokeFan
09-28-2012, 06:27 AM
I like how the title doesnt match the words of Rocky Bernard. The media loves to hype things up and it never fails

Otherwise would we read?

tonyt830
09-28-2012, 06:43 AM
Vick has to be sore and wary. Does that wok in his favor or ours?I sure hope it works in our favor, especially with our secondary being banged up. Webster playing with a cast, Hosley and Coe maybe missing the game, and the possibility of Rolle missing the game.

Medisleman
09-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Vick out for the season after the GMEN handle business.

Flip Empty
09-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Vick out for the season after the GMEN handle business.
This is actually what I'm expecting. Only bad thing about that is I think the team will improve once Nick Foles begins playing.

gumby74
09-28-2012, 09:53 AM
My biggest fear is that the Eagles will remember they have a running game.

Buddy333
09-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Is it me or is there a perception on this board and in the media that the Eagles are in troule? They are 2-1 and lost to a 3-0 team. They have a very good defense and I don't care what anyone says, Vick is a very big threat on the field. The Giants had their struggles last year and they won the Super Bowl. That team is loaded with talent and its a good thing that they have TC as their head coach because I'm sure he will remind them of that.

gumby74
09-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Is it me or is there a perception on this board and in the media that the Eagles are in troule? They are 2-1 and lost to a 3-0 team. They have a very good defense and I don't care what anyone says, Vick is a very big threat on the field. The Giants had their struggles last year and they won the Super Bowl. That team is loaded with talent and its a good thing that they have TC as their head coach because I'm sure he will remind them of that.

I get the same impression. And the Eagles scare the bajeesus out of me with the talent that they have.

Buddy333
09-28-2012, 10:08 AM
That and the facts that they have been dominating the Giants for some time has me worried about this game.

RoanokeFan
09-28-2012, 10:11 AM
I sure hope it works in our favor, especially with our secondary being banged up. Webster playing with a cast, Hosley and Coe maybe missing the game, and the possibility of Rolle missing the game.

That cast could come in handy at stripping the ball out of Vick's hand on a CB blitz

RoanokeFan
09-28-2012, 10:12 AM
I get the same impression. And the Eagles scare the bajeesus out of me with the talent that they have.

We are not exactly talent-less

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 10:12 AM

I'd say they are in long-term trouble. Between Vick's health, all the turnovers, and Reid never making adjustments to what should clearly be a run first team, I don't see how they have a shot at the playoffs with their current level of play. They barely escaped the Browns and Ravens and then just got manhandled by the Cardinals. They always match up well with this team and them beating us on Sunday isn't out of the question but if you were to ask my neutral, non-biased stance on the NFCE division, the Giants and Cowboys have a better chance of winning the division or getting a WC.

RoanokeFan
09-28-2012, 10:14 AM
I'd say they are in long-term trouble. Between Vick's health, all the turnovers, and Reid never making adjustments to what should clearly be a run first team, I don't see how they have a shot at the playoffs with their current level of play. They barely escaped the Browns and Ravens and then just got manhandled by the Cardinals. They always match up well with this team and them beating us on Sunday isn't out of the question but if you were to ask my neutral, non-biased stance on the NFCE division, the Giants and Cowboys have a better chance of winning the division or getting a WC.

We are capable of losing any game we play.

gumby74
09-28-2012, 10:17 AM
We are not exactly talent-less True, but we can't expect them to turn it over another 3+ times for the 4th straight game either. We have a slightly better offense, but their defense at this point is miles ahead of ours. Unless our front 4 plays like they're advertised, we might be in trouble.

Buddy333
09-28-2012, 10:26 AM
The Giants have lots of talent. I don't question that. I'm just saying that people seem to be writing off the Eagles because if a couple of close call. How many close calls did the Giants have last year? A win is a win, and the Eagles are 2-1. I just don't see how they are now not a contender. Do they have issues? Tell me a team hat doesn't.

giantcarll
09-28-2012, 12:05 PM
dont put him out the game.Make him turn the ball over but dont put him out the game.We all know how backup QBs always kill us.So with that in mind pound him but let him finish the game limping.

ReiRiza
09-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Am I the only one confused as to why the **** Bernard is giving tips to the Eagles offense?

dezzzR
09-28-2012, 02:14 PM
If true it would be wise for Perry to have our corners jam the WR at the line for once in his life. Especially with a little **** like Jackson.

Fharcyde
09-28-2012, 04:53 PM
A way to combat a good pass rush is a quick release. A lot of teams seem to be beating our d-line with 3 step dropbacks and quick slants. Still the Giants always give the Eagles fits. I expect at least four sacks this week. Not saying it's going to be by a certain individual(s), but the defense as a whole. Maybe it's time for Umenyiora to switch gears?

BillTheGreek
09-29-2012, 04:26 AM
That and the facts that they have been dominating the Giants for some time has me worried about this game.. Not to worry, we are the NY Giants Super Bowl Champs !We have a lot of great players, need I name them....When we get done with Vick he will look Like a Rag Doll after a Pit Bull got to him!

Rat_bastich
09-29-2012, 05:19 AM
We are capable of losing any game we play.

Yep, we are still on the "Which New York Giants team will show up" question. Will our defense be good? Will our offense? Will neither? Or, will all cylinders be firing? Still streaky.

Though I have faith in Eli and his fourth quarter comebacks, eventually we'll die by that sword.

The key to this one though is going to be stopping Vick from successfully executing play action where he is more accurate. I was just reading an article where he is more accurate in play action but most of his interceptions have come out of the pocket.

So pretty much the strategy would be for the coverage to play disciplined and maintain cover and not bite on the run and for the D-line to, at the very least, keep Vick in the pocket. Safeties will be mucho important in providing assistance ot the corners.

Captain Chaos
09-29-2012, 09:36 AM
I think we will see a heavy dose of the run....