PDA

View Full Version : Mods.... This forum needs a LOUNGE!

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Laurah wants one and a few others do as well. How hard would it be for that? You could call it "L's" Lounge. Therefore no more BS spam of Laurahs spam about her omelettes in anything other than that place. If she breaks the code....you ban her. YES????????

Moke
09-27-2012, 07:17 PM
This thread might get locked in 5 minutes tops.

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 07:21 PM
I will regret this, I am sure, but what is a "lounge"?

Moke
09-27-2012, 07:22 PM
I will regret this, I am sure, but what is a "lounge"?

A lounge section is a place to hangout, discuss things, anything from what you do for a living to what types of food you like to what's the name of your plumber.

Just take a look at the "I've got a problem" thread. Stuff like that deserves to be in a lounge.

We have people who come here to talk sports, but people also like to bull**** and carry on with other people.

I've brought this up, but have been denied.

Whatever

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-27-2012, 07:23 PM
I will regret this, I am sure, but what is a "lounge"?Somewhere where Laurah can strut her stuff and just shoot the crap outta her mouth so it doesnt end up on a forum in here where we consider it spam.

Rudyy
09-27-2012, 07:23 PM
I concur with the lounge idea.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-27-2012, 07:24 PM
A lounge section is a place to hangout, discuss things, anything from what you do for a living to what types of food you like to what's the name of your plumber.

Just take a look at the "I've got a problem" thread. Stuff like that deserves to be in a lounge.

We have people who come here to talk sports, but people also like to bull**** and carry on with other people.

I've brought this up, but have been denied.

WhateverMoke.......You asked me to head this. WTF are you doing? LOL

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-27-2012, 07:25 PM
I concur with the lounge idea.Of course you would Rudyy. You are a chick and we will not talk perfume or designer crap in here though.!!!!!

Moke
09-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Moke.......You asked me to head this. WTF are you doing? LOL

Instead of answering it with irrelevant information such as "SO laurah can talk nonsense all day" (which sorry, won't ever give you a lounge section), I answered the question with some relevancy.

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 07:26 PM
If the central theme is inappropriate language, I am not even going to ask the IT folks. They are very touchy about how we conduct ourselves in that regard.

Moke
09-27-2012, 07:28 PM
If the central theme is inappropriate language, I am not even going to ask the IT folks. They are very touchy about how we conduct ourselves in that regard.

Inappropriate language gets beeped out anyway, so I didn't see a problem with it when I first asked about it. Plus, there is a reason for moderators, to force against the rules.

With the way inappropriate language gets filtered here, I highly doubt that would be the central theme.

Laurah1275
09-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Instead of answering it with irrelevant information such as "SO laurah can talk nonsense all day" (which sorry, won't ever give you a lounge section), I answered the question with some relevancy.That was glorious!

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Inappropriate language gets beeped out anyway, so I didn't see a problem with it when I first asked about it. Plus, there is a reason for moderators, to force against the rules.

With the way inappropriate language gets filtered here, I highly doubt that would be the central theme.

What's the difference between a lounge and a forum?

Laurah1275
09-27-2012, 07:33 PM
If the central theme is inappropriate language, I am not even going to ask the IT folks. They are very touchy about how we conduct ourselves in that regard.Not at all.

Moke
09-27-2012, 07:34 PM
What's the difference between a lounge and a forum?

Well, if I'd like to talk about a new car, where can I do that on this board? Entertainment? Doesn't sound too entertaining to me.

I rather just not discuss this further if something like a lounge section won't even be considered (go look around other message boards/forums, it's on every one of them) because I'll probably get an infraction for something so minute and I'd rather not.

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Well, if I'd like to talk about a new car, where can I do that on this board? Entertainment? Doesn't sound too entertaining to me.

I rather just not discuss this further if something like a lounge section won't even be considered (go look around other message boards/forums, it's on every one of them) because I'll probably get an infraction for something so minute and I'd rather not.

So you'd like a "forum" called something like "The Hang Out" where anything but sports is discussed?

How many peoople do you think we actually ban?

Die-Hard
09-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Wow, really?

You guys do know that we have an IGNORE feature now, right? If you don't want to read what Laurah types, then put her on ignore and the problem is solved. If you keep calling her out like this, it might appear, at least to me, that she isn't the problem at all, but maybe it's you. Just sayin'...

Moke
09-27-2012, 07:38 PM
So you'd like a "forum" called something like "The Hang Out" where anything but sports is discussed?

How many peoople do you think we actually ban?

Is this an entertainment forum? No, so why do we have an entertainment THREAD?

Moke
09-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Wow, really?

You guys do know that we have an IGNORE feature now, right? If you don't want to read what Laurah types, then put her on ignore and the problem is solved. If you keep calling her out like this, it might appear, at least to me, that she isn't the problem at all, but maybe it's you. Just sayin'...

If you're talking to me, please read what I typed out. Nowhere in my posts did I mention anything about Laurah's postings being an annoyance to me. Just saying.

So "you guys" better not have been directed to me.

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 07:41 PM
If you're talking to me, please read what I typed out. Nowhere in my posts did I mention anything about Laurah's postings being an annoyance to me. Just saying.

So "you guys" better not have been directed to me.

Let's ease up now, this is a fact finding mission lol

RoanokeFan
09-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Is this an entertainment forum? No, so why do we have an entertainment THREAD?

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just asking questions

Rudyy
09-27-2012, 07:50 PM
I just think it would be cool to just have like a hang out or whatever forum, just to talk about whatever. We don't want to curse up a storm or anything or talk about inappropriate things, some posters just want a place to talk about things other than football. Also, sometimes there's not a lot of news going on and the main forum is kind of dead, I don't know. I thought it was a good idea.

Laurah1275
09-27-2012, 07:58 PM
I also think it's a good idea, just another room for people to come together and discuss whatever (always respectfully of course). Just like it was pointed out, other sports message boards have them, so I don't see this as a out of the norm request. Thanx for listening.

TextureDj
09-27-2012, 08:10 PM
I see at least a few threads a week where the link to football is tenuous at best and certainly have nothing to do with the Giants. Thses threads get left in TAGF because they are visited and posted to but they dont belong in TAGF any more than a thread about Bountygate. At the very least a "lounge" forum would be a good place for those types, and there would probably be more like threads if there was aplace for them.

And to clear up a question Ro: Thats what we are looking for, just another subforum for off-topic discussions, not any different standards of conduct or anything.

It also might stimulate traffic to the lesser used forums on th is message board. Give people mor reason to browse around when their off topic posts get moved to The Lounge.

Moke
09-27-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm not arguing with you, I'm just asking questions

Oh, no, I know. I respect you Roa.

Like I said, if a lounge section where people can talk about random stuff can't be accepted, I don't think an entertainment thread is needed either.

Moke
09-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Exactly texture.

What happens if I want to ask a question about financial stuff, or colleges, I know this is a Giants forum.... but come on now. Lots of people here have been here for awhile and enjoy this place and the people around here. We really can't discuss stuff like that?

Sorry to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if people left this board for another just because of that.

Forums are like communities.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-27-2012, 10:11 PM
This board needs to be less strict than T.C. and open a new avenue for people to just communicate. Just saying.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-27-2012, 10:13 PM
I guess we are asking for another "Parting of the Red Sea".......... Wow. I was in the military for 20 years and this is way more harsh than "complete silence" while on deployment.

Moke
09-27-2012, 10:18 PM
I guess we are asking for another "Parting of the Red Sea".......... Wow. I was in the military for 20 years and this is way more harsh than "complete silence" while on deployment.

What irks me is that we have a "carpool to games" section that has 2 posts literally.....

But we can't have a lounge section. Whatever, I'm going to stop here.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-27-2012, 11:33 PM
What irks me is that we have a "carpool to games" section that has 2 posts literally.....

But we can't have a lounge section. Whatever, I'm going to stop here.I mentioned that to my GF earlier. She thought it was crazy that we had that and no other place to talk about "L's" breakfasts.

Moke
09-27-2012, 11:36 PM
I mentioned that to my GF earlier. She thought it was crazy that we had that and no other place to talk about "L's" breakfasts.

I'm not pushing for this anymore because you're always talking about Laurah's breakfast. That's not what the "lounge" was intended for, but OK.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-27-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm not arguing with you, I'm just asking questionsRO, sometimes people just wanna communicate. Laurahs threads about waking up and Bfast are not meant for any available avenue we have. I get it. how hard would it be to just add a lounge? It should not be an arguement like we have with our wives and GFs'. Just make it and see how it goes. It shouldnt take an act of God himself to get this done. I think you guys are all acting childish. Ban me if you want but that is the whole point. Nowhere to post this stuff.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-27-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm not pushing for this anymore because you're always talking about Laurah's breakfast. That's not what the "lounge" was intended for, but OK.Do what you want, but I see a need for just general talk. Thanks for supporting me.http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-bounce001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

FBomb
09-28-2012, 12:01 AM
We had a Current Eveents section about 6-7 years ago and it kept getting out of control and they shut it down. Mostly politics and religion were the issues....we are all a fan of the same football team and a lot of posters are barely civil. Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue?

Moke
09-28-2012, 12:06 AM
We had a Current Eveents section about 6-7 years ago and it kept getting out of control and they shut it down. Mostly politics and religion were the issues....we are all a fan of the same football team and a lot of posters are barely civil. Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue?

No one said it needed to be politics/religion. make a rule section saying anyone who posts about religion and politics will be warned and banned.

If we have mods, don't see the problem. Jeez, make me a mod if it's such a difficult job.

FBomb
09-28-2012, 12:11 AM
No one said it needed to be politics/religion. make a rule section saying anyone who posts about religion and politics will be warned and banned.

If we have mods, don't see the problem. Jeez, make me a mod if it's such a difficult job.

How about you just declare the little used "entertainment" forum the new "lounge" forum?

If you're not talking politics, religion or football....everything else would fall under the category of entertainment anyway, would it not?

Moke
09-28-2012, 12:13 AM
How about you just declare the little used "entertainment" forum the new "lounge" forum?

If you're not talking politics, religion or football....everything else would fall under the category of entertainment anyway, would it not?

Does anyone ever even read that section? Plus, rename it. If I want to talk about "quitting smoking" which there is a thread on by the way, how is that entertainment? To be technical.

FBomb
09-28-2012, 12:16 AM
Does anyone ever even read that section? Plus, rename it. If I want to talk about "quitting smoking" which there is a thread on by the way, how is that entertainment? To be technical.

So....there is already a little used forum and you want to open another one? And for the record....I consider EVERY subject on a message board "entertainment". INCLUDING politics and religion.

Moke
09-28-2012, 12:19 AM
So....there is already a little used forum and you want to open another one? And for the record....I consider EVERY subject on a message board "entertainment". INCLUDING politics and religion.

Well then, that's subjective and I'm glad you feel obligated to calling religion, entertainment.

Jeez, OK, keep the entertainment section for general bull****. We'll see how well that works... like it has been.

ny06
09-28-2012, 12:20 AM
Isn't Thee Thread and Asian Giant for Head Coach lounge threads?
Majority of conversations in those threads are not about sports.

Moke
09-28-2012, 12:22 AM
Isn't Thee Thread and Asian Giant for Head Coach lounge threads?
Majority of conversations in those threads are not about sports.

Except they are clustered with posts. If I wanted to post something important like a question, do I have to have it mixed up in a bunch of other conversations that are going on simultaneously?

Flip Empty
09-28-2012, 12:23 AM
Off topic sections are commonplace on forums. Just rename the Entertainment forum.

An Administration forum would also be useful to make it easier for people to get help/make requests etc

FBomb
Well then, that's subjective and I'm glad you feel obligated to calling religion, entertainment.

Jeez, OK, keep the entertainment section for general bull****. We'll see how well that works... like it has been.

Obligated? Son...if it's being discussed of a message board then that is the ONLY thing it is. We are all here for our own entertainment.

You think changing the name will work?

Moke
Off topic seconds are commonplace on forums. Just rename the Entertainment.forum.

Yeah might as well delete the entertainment section. Sorry, forum police.

Moke
09-28-2012, 12:24 AM
Obligated? Son...if it's being discussed of a message board then that is the ONLY thing it is. We are all here for our own entertainment.

You think changing the name will work?

I'm not your "son". So I'll regard this post as a sign of disrespect.

FBomb
09-28-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm not your "son". So I'll regard this post as a sign of disrespect.

Good....it was meant to be. I took your "obligated" post as a sign of intolerence.

Moke
09-28-2012, 12:29 AM
Good....it was meant to be. I took your "obligated" post as a sign of intolerence.

Your whole notion of posting on this thread and targeting my post is intolerant, so stop pointing fingers. Thanks

FBomb
09-28-2012, 12:29 AM
Yeah might as well delete the entertainment section. Sorry, forum police.

lol....it's amusing....no...it's "entertaining" when somone gets in a snit over something as meaningless as a disagreement over a forum name.

FBomb
09-28-2012, 12:30 AM
Your whole notion of posting on this site and targeting my post is intolerant, so stop pointing fingers. Thanks

Really? So having a different opinion than you is being intolerant?

Moke
09-28-2012, 12:31 AM
Really? So having a different opinion than you is being intolerent?

is this a one way street here?

I disagree with you, so I am intolerant but you aren't?

OK. Gotcha "dad"

FBomb
09-28-2012, 12:34 AM
is this a one way street here?

I disagree with you, so I am intolerant but you aren't?

OK. Gotcha "dad"

No....you didn't like my opinion that the subject of religion was entertainmnet on a message board so you just dismissed it as my being somehow obligated to feel that way. THAT is intolerant.

FBomb
09-28-2012, 12:36 AM
As well as calling people that disagree with you the "forum police"

Moke
09-28-2012, 12:36 AM
No....you didn't like my opinion that the subject of religion was entertainmnet on a message board so you just dismissed it as my being somehow obligated to feel that way. THAT is intolerant.

Something wrong with that, that i didn't know about? Didn't know you were so offended by it. Seems defensive.

Moke
09-28-2012, 12:37 AM
As well as calling people that disagree with you the "forum police"

Because I don't see the big deal with it being called the "lounge". People here probably think the only stuff that belongs there has to do with video games or movies, or even twiddling their thumbs if that's entertaining.

FBomb
09-28-2012, 12:40 AM
Something wrong with that, that i didn't know about? Didn't know you were so offended by it. Seems defensive.

lol.....offended? Not even close, my friend. Just pointing out how for someone who feels like the forums need to be expanded you sure seem narrow minded when it comes to someone else's opinon.

FBomb
09-28-2012, 12:41 AM
Because I don't see the big deal with it being called the "lounge". People here probably think the only stuff that belongs there has to do with video games or movies, or even twiddling their thumbs if that's entertaining.

I don't see a big deal with it either....but would it not be easier just to declare the entertainment forum the lounge forum? Which was my original point. Why is the name so important?

Moke
09-28-2012, 12:41 AM
lol.....offended? Not even close, my friend. Just pointing out how for someone who feels like the forums need to be expanded you sure seem marrow minded when it comes to someone else's opinon.

Narrow-minded? Oh right, that's why I asked to expand the forum.

FBomb
09-28-2012, 12:45 AM
Narrow-minded? Oh right, that's why I asked to expand the forum.

So you DO recognize hypocrisy? Good, I thought it may be lost on you.

Drez
09-28-2012, 12:46 AM
I just think it would be cool to just have like a hang out or whatever forum, just to talk about whatever. We don't want to curse up a storm or anything or talk about inappropriate things, some posters just want a place to talk about things other than football. Also, sometimes there's not a lot of news going on and the main forum is kind of dead, I don't know. I thought it was a good idea.Well, there's two threads much like that already... Asian Giant for HC in General Sports and THEE thread in Entertainment. While sports are discussed in both those, it's mostly people just shooting the breeze.

Moke
09-28-2012, 12:46 AM
So you DO recognize hypocrisy? Good, I thought it may be lost on you.

Sense. This has none.

Moke
09-28-2012, 12:47 AM
Well, there's two threads much like that already... Asian Giant for HC in General Sports and THEE thread in Entertainment. While sports are discussed in both those, it's mostly people just shooting the breeze.

Those threads are so congested with stuff that it's so hard to go back and take a look at the feedback you received personally.

How can a thread like that work in favor? People I have spoken to are actually afraid to go in there because of how congested it is.

Drez
09-28-2012, 12:48 AM
Except they are clustered with posts. If I wanted to post something important like a question, do I have to have it mixed up in a bunch of other conversations that are going on simultaneously?
So, pretty much you want an off-topic forum category or sub-forum?

FBomb
09-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Sense. This has none.

lol....well, I tried to keep it simple for you.

Moke
09-28-2012, 12:50 AM
So, pretty much you want an off-topic forum category or sub-forum?

Well think about it. Let's say I have a problem with my car, and wanted to know a good spot for getting work done on it. Do I really want to post it in a congested thread where people post all day on it?

What happens if I have to post and make a run outside or something? I can never find my posts in that thing at all.

Just thought having a lounge sub-forum category to make threads about it would be nice.

We DO have a sub-forum for "carpooling"

Come on now..

Drez
09-28-2012, 12:55 AM
Well think about it. Let's say I have a problem with my car, and wanted to know a good spot for getting work done on it. Do I really want to post it in a congested thread where people post all day on it?

What happens if I have to post and make a run outside or something? I can never find my posts in that thing at all.

Just thought having a lounge sub-forum category to make threads about it would be nice.

We DO have a sub-forum for "carpooling"

Come on now..
Why would you come to a football message board if you're having car trouble? Maybe you should go to a car/mechanics message board. Just sayin'. (Mostly just bustin' chops).

The carpooling forum is at least Giants related, lol. But, looks kind of dusty in there. Last post was many years ago, lol.

Honestly, though, I don't see that forum getting much use or causing issues if it does.

Moke
09-28-2012, 12:56 AM
Why would you come to a football message board if you're having car trouble? Maybe you should go to a car/mechanics message board. Just sayin'. (Mostly just bustin' chops).

The carpooling forum is at least Giants related, lol. But, looks kind of dusty in there. Last post was many years ago, lol.

Honestly, though, I don't see that forum getting much use or causing issues if it does.

I'm on another forum for the new york rangers and they have no issue in having a lounge sub-forum. Actually, it's the best one because people are the closest people on there.

At least have a spot where you can post stuff like that,,,, Sure, maybe entertainment is fine to do it in, but not everything will be entertaining.

Moke
09-28-2012, 12:57 AM
Just my .02

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 12:59 AM
It would be nice to have a "lounge" forum. Every single message board I have ever been a part of has had some kind of lounge sub-forum, but I see why there is no such thing. It is probably because this site is directly affiliated with the NYG, and that is why the whole message board is heavily censored and moderated.

Moke, you should check out Big Blue Interactive. It is not affiliated with the Giants directly and therefore almost anything goes regarding non football talk.

Either that, or we start our own no holds barred anything goes message board where we can post whatever the **** we want.

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt128/mansionslippers/nod-of-approval.gif

FBomb
09-28-2012, 01:01 AM
VIVA LE REVOLUTION!!!!

Moke
09-28-2012, 01:03 AM
It would be nice to have a "lounge" forum. Every single message board I have ever been a part of has had some kind of lounge sub-forum, but I see why there is no such thing. It is probably because this site is directly affiliated with the NYG, and that is why the whole message board is heavily censored and moderated.

Moke, you should check out Big Blue Interactive. It is not affiliated with the Giants directly and therefore almost anything goes regarding non football talk.

Either that, or we start our own no holds barred anything goes message board where we can post whatever the **** we want.

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt128/mansionslippers/nod-of-approval.gif

I'm not here to talk about other forums and joining other ones, because I am aware and I am on other ones.

But thanks a lot for letting me know about Big blue interactive!

:)

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 01:07 AM
I'm not here to talk about other forums and joining other ones, because I am aware and I am on other ones.

But thanks a lot for letting me know about Big blue interactive!

:)

Hey man that's cool...but don't give up on the idea of starting our own Giants message board.

We could call it XtremeGmen.com!!! Totally extreme!!

Anything goes!..... no ******* allowed

Moke
09-28-2012, 01:08 AM
moke for president! or giantz4life 4 president.

I rather be president, but vice president is cool

FBomb
09-28-2012, 01:13 AM
I can't tell....is this a mutiny or a coup?;)

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 01:13 AM
moke for president! or giantz4life 4 president.

I rather be president, but vice president is cool

You know all those threads that get locked and erased here? Yeah, well those threads would automatically be circumvented to our forum. We could encourage abusive religious and political topics as well.

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 01:14 AM
I can't tell....is this a mutiny or a coup?;)

LOL...... both?

Flip Empty
09-28-2012, 02:31 AM
I reckon something like this could work

http://i.imgur.com/HezNO.png

OX1
09-28-2012, 03:55 AM

UGH!!!! Any chance I can get the "entertainment" forum deleted from the "new posts" selection.
Came here to talk giants football.

Die-Hard
09-28-2012, 06:24 AM
We've pretty much already stated in the past that an off-topic forum is not gonna happen. The people in the front office don't want it, and at least a few of us Mods don't want it either. Look at this thread. You guys were going back and forth already, and the forum hasn't even been created. I understand that you think we need something like an off topic forum, but again, it's very likely not going to happen. Plenty of other forums you can go to to get financial/automotive/etc... questions answered.

I know thats not the answer you wanted to hear. Sorry. When the folks who pay the bills dont want something, consider it closed.

FBomb
09-28-2012, 11:25 AM
eh....we'd rather blame the mods. The people that pay the bills don't respond.:cool:

Moke
09-28-2012, 11:40 AM
We've pretty much already stated in the past that an off-topic forum is not gonna happen. The people in the front office don't want it, and at least a few of us Mods don't want it either. Look at this thread. You guys were going back and forth already, and the forum hasn't even been created. I understand that you think we need something like an off topic forum, but again, it's very likely not going to happen. Plenty of other forums you can go to to get financial/automotive/etc... questions answered.

I know thats not the answer you wanted to hear. Sorry. When the folks who pay the bills dont want something, consider it closed.

A sub-forum takes a hit on the wallet? Really? I'd love to know how that concept works.

giantsforce
09-28-2012, 12:58 PM
Ok. So why don't we create a new Section and call it the "BS Topics" and put this discussion there because it is turning into BS discussion over a simple request. I think the Mods have plenty of other things to take care rather than get involved in this meaningless discussion.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 01:14 PM
I had no idea I would start a war with that simple request. I guess the GODS have spoken.http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-devil24.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

FBomb
09-28-2012, 01:16 PM
I had no idea I would start a war with that simple request. I guess the GODS have spoken.http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-devil24.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

You've been here long enough to know better. ANY subject can turn into this simply by disagreeing with someone else. People are very fond of their opinions.

A lot of times I justy play devil's advocate just to get a reaction.

Moke
09-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Ok. So why don't we create a new Section and call it the "BS Topics" and put this discussion there because it is turning into BS discussion over a simple request. I think the Mods have plenty of other things to take care rather than get involved in this meaningless discussion.I

BS subforum really is meaningless? Okay.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 01:20 PM
You've been here long enough to know better. ANY subject can turn into this simply by disagreeing with someone else. People are very fond of their opinions.

A lot of times I justy play devil's advocate just to get a reaction.Yeah I know. So, did you know that the sky is blue? LOL lets see where that one goes.

Moke
09-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah I know. So, did you know that the sky is blue? LOL lets see where that one goes.

Probably not, because humans created the word "blue" and they said that the sky is blue. Since humans are imperfect, it might not even be "blue"

Die-Hard
09-28-2012, 05:37 PM

This is what I'm talking about. No one is power tripping or walking around like "gods". If the people in the front office wanted to have such a forum, it would be here, but there is no reason to get all indignant and sarcastic because you heard something you didn't want to hear.

We have had this conversation with Nilay several times, and each time, we all agreed that such a forum is more trouble than it's worth. If you need proof, look at TAGF. You guys can't even talk about football without blowing up on each other for no reason. Why should we create a forum in which anything can be discussed? It would be a time bomb, and we're the ones who have to clean up the mess. Thats all I'm going to say about it.

Moke
09-28-2012, 05:40 PM
This is what I'm talking about. No one is power tripping or walking around like "gods". If the people in the front office wanted to have such a forum, it would be here, but there is no reason to get all indignant and sarcastic because you heard something you didn't want to hear.

We have had this conversation with Nilay several times, and each time, we all agreed that such a forum is more trouble than it's worth. If you need proof, look at TAGF. You guys can't even talk about football without blowing up on each other for no reason. Why should we create a forum in which anything can be discussed? It would be a time bomb, and we're the ones who have to clean up the mess. Thats all I'm going to say about it.

Meow meow now.

Die-Hard
09-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Meow meow now.

Great strategy.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 05:45 PM

We have had this conversation with Nilay several times, and each time, we all agreed that such a forum is more trouble than it's worth. If you need proof, look at TAGF. You guys can't even talk about football without blowing up on each other for no reason. Why should we create a forum in which anything can be discussed? It would be a time bomb, and we're the ones who have to clean up the mess. Thats all I'm going to say about it.How many people in the front office even frequent these boards? I also wasnt being indignant. Yeah sarcastic, but definitely not indignant. And yes I do realize it it is now a dead horse.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCCTUTwhmropIUY9yy-TN7TbLXmNDLO7hi15NjBRZrIqPVY7RP8A

Die-Hard
09-28-2012, 05:51 PM
How many people in the front office even frequent these boards? I also wasnt being indignant. Yeah sarcastic, but definitely not indignant. And yes I do realize it it is now a dead horse.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCCTUTwhmropIUY9yy-TN7TbLXmNDLO7hi15NjBRZrIqPVY7RP8A

Enough of them frequent the boards to know that when something goes really wrong and their phones start ringing, it's a big hassle. Trust me, people have called the front office over these boards, and way more than once. From what I've been told, most of those calls were from a time when there was a forum that allowed any conversation. Blame the people who were here before you(and me), because they're the ones who ruined the chances of that kind of forum making a comeback.

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 05:52 PM
I unfortunately have to agree with DH and the opinion of the front office. Statements often get misinterpreted on a frequent basis that turn into large arguments and become grudges over months because of silly egos. Not saying anyone in this thread would be suspect at that but just browsing around in TAGF, one could see what I'm driving at. This MB simply isn't mature enough for an Off-Topic section and it would require heavy moderation.

Moke
09-28-2012, 05:54 PM
I unfortunately have to agree with DH and the opinion of the front office. Statements often get misinterpreted on a frequent basis that turn into large arguments and become grudges over months because of silly egos. Not saying anyone in this thread would be suspect at that but just browsing around in TAGF, one could see what I'm driving at. This MB simply isn't mature enough for an Off-Topic section and it would require heavy moderation.

The swag thread is considered off-topic correct? Wonder why no one posts immature **** on there......

Laurah1275
09-28-2012, 05:57 PM
I unfortunately have to agree with DH and the opinion of the front office. Statements often get misinterpreted on a frequent basis that turn into large arguments and become grudges over months because of silly egos. Not saying anyone in this thread would be suspect at that but just browsing around in TAGF, one could see what I'm driving at. This MB simply isn't mature enough for an Off-Topic section and it would require heavy moderation.I keep seeing TAGF....what is that?

Die-Hard
The swag thread is considered off-topic correct? Wonder why no one posts immature **** on there......

If it's such a problem for you, why not go to another board? Problem solved

You have a pinned thread in Entertainment. If thats not good enough, then I suggest you move along.

Die-Hard
I keep seeing TAGF....what is that?

Talk About Giants Football

Moke
09-28-2012, 05:58 PM
If it's such a problem for you, why not go to another board? Problem solved

You have a pinned thread in Entertainment. If thats not good enough, then I suggest you move along.

Go to another board? Is that the job of a moderator, to tell other posters here to go to another board?

It's okay, infract me for voicing a non-hostile opinion.

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 05:58 PM

From what I've observed, most of the posters in that particular thread are a close-knit group of friends and pretty mature. Now mix in immaturity and huge egos and you got yourself one moderation nightmare and flame war fest to handle on a daily basis. It's a risk-reward thing from the moderators' point of view and I'd have to say the reward isn't worth the risk.

Moke
09-28-2012, 05:59 PM
From what I've observed, most of the posters in that particular thread are a close-knit group of friends and pretty mature. Now mix in immaturity and huge egos and you got yourself one moderation nightmare and flame war fest to handle on a daily basis. It's a risk-reward thing from the moderators' point of view and I'd have to say the reward isn't worth the risk.

Exactly. How is anyone else supposed to feel going into a thread like that? It's like a clique.

Die-Hard
09-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Go to another board? Is that the job of a moderator, to tell other posters here to go to another board?

It's okay, infract me for voicing a non-hostile opinion.

I'm stating the obvious. It's common sense to understand that if you aren't happy in a place, then go to another place. It has nothing to do with being a moderator. Calm down, guy.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 06:05 PM
I keep seeing TAGF....what is that?Really Laurah???? Talk About Giants Football. You cant be serious. LMAO
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6USQP9J_Q3CPp4heTA25gsl25VBvsD Dek-p2LPu8Uf2sc7vuRxw

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Exactly. How is anyone else supposed to feel going into a thread like that? It's like a clique.

I'm sure as long as you don't make a jerk out of yourself, it wouldn't be too bad. Guys like Morehead and MattMeyer are pretty nice. Though I think having the Lounge Thread was the correct middle ground to go with. I can't tell you how many times I've had my personal opinion on certain subjects misinterpreted here and then turned into fact. Could you imagine that with more serious subjects? If you have any moderation experience, it's just not worth the hassle when dealing with sports fans.

Moke
09-28-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm stating the obvious. It's common sense to understand that if you aren't happy in a place, then go to another place. It has nothing to do with being a moderator. Calm down, guy.I'm calm actually. Just don't feel the "feel good" aura coming out of a moderator like you.

Ill speak to roa about situations like this. At least he answers people nicely.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Lets not start another big deal. We are just visitors here and I suppose people could start their OWN boards if they dont wanna come here. I will just live with that decision cause it is not that big of a deal, it was just an idea. BTW Moke, Die-Hard is a very good mod. And no, I am not kissing butt, he helps when there is a problem pretty much at a lightspeed pace. Same with RO and Mod C to name a few.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 06:16 PM
With that said.......What ever happened to the NYG Chatroom? That was such a good place to go during gameday.

Die-Hard
I'm calm actually. Just don't feel the "feel good" aura coming out of a moderator like you.

Ill speak to roa about situations like this. At least he answers people nicely.

Thats fine. Sorry that I wasn't nice enough for your taste, but when people get sarcastic with me for no reason, like you did several times, I tend to react in kind. If you want nice, act nice yourself.

Laurah1275
Really Laurah???? Talk About Giants Football. You cant be serious. LMAO
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6USQP9J_Q3CPp4heTA25gsl25VBvsD Dek-p2LPu8Uf2sc7vuRxwSorry for being confused about something, and asking a question for clarification. Thanx for the mature answer Mod.

Laurah1275
09-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Can't we all just get along? Only 2 more days to go, then we can stop killing each other and talk about our amazing win over Eagles. Let's Go Giants! :)

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Sorry for being confused about something, and asking a question for clarification.Thanx for the mature answer Mod.LMAO geez thanks mod for mature answer
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlTkFRERvOcARUez4lbkyRy6Uxj0tav 4L7rHp7ci3lyenlLonMtg

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Can't we all just get along? Only 2 more days to go, then we can stop killing each other and talk about our amazing win over Eagles. Let's Go Giants! :)Cant we all just get aloooonnnnggg?
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTapXr69hhKQMeFC957Kd8hqicdT9bz_ P6pDaKvVIqb9leuxUku

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Just my opinion but I do think starting your own message board for such things would be the best avenue. The benefits of being able to have a more open atmosphere in regards to rules (though it has to be strict here for good reasons) and then also having the freedom of who you allow in such a place is tremendous. The way I see it, you could have you and 5 of your pals and perhaps when you get a good vibe from someone on these boards, you could invite them to take a look at yours as well.

Laurah1275
09-28-2012, 06:26 PM
With that said.......What ever happened to the NYG Chatroom? That was such a good place to go during gameday.It still is...and where have you been? I miss you on there :)

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Moke someone is showing you.

http://thesunnygirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/open-door.jpg

Laurah1275
09-28-2012, 06:27 PM
LMAO geez thanks mod for mature answer
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlTkFRERvOcARUez4lbkyRy6Uxj0tav 4L7rHp7ci3lyenlLonMtg:p

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 06:28 PM
It still is...and where have you been? I miss you on there :)Thats not the original Chatroom that was a link on Giants.com. SouthernGiant started the one we now go to on gameday. BTW you always tell me to go to sleep, so how could you miss me HUH?

Die-Hard
09-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Moke someone is showing you.

http://thesunnygirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/open-door.jpg

Not at all. I'm not encouraging anyone to leave. Dont add fuel to the fire

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Not at all. I'm not encouraging anyone to leave. Dont add fuel to the fireOK.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgoahR6GeAbZ0kLiZhEas81cs0PsGBr 3ZbBR0w---rl2efjuU5sA

Laurah1275
09-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Thats not the original Chatroom that was a link on Giants.com. SouthernGiant started the one we now go to on gameday. BTW you always tell me to go to sleep, so how could you miss me HUH?I don't know but strangely enough, I do miss you....perhaps you will invite me to the chatroom you are attending? I promise to be sweet as honey if you do ;)

giantsforce
09-28-2012, 06:37 PM
I

BS subforum really is meaningless? Okay.The forum is not meaningless, this discussion is turning into one that is meaningless.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 06:39 PM
I don't know but strangely enough, I do miss you....perhaps you will invite me to the chatroom you are attending? I promise to be sweet as honey if you do ;)Havent been on a different one, been travelling to other fans homes for tailgating events prior to games and I am not gonna be typing away on my laptop while I am at someone elses house.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 06:40 PM
The forum is not meaningless, this discussion is turning into one that is meaningless.UH-OH another thee tread????? We have AB2 why not a Thee Swag 2??????

Moke
09-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Thats fine. Sorry that I wasn't nice enough for your taste, but when people get sarcastic with me for no reason, like you did several times, I tend to react in kind. If you want nice, act nice yourself.The times I used to message you, I never found you nice. Guess some people are just like that. Ill leave it at that and well see how. Maye we can both be nice.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 06:45 PM
The times I used to message you, I never found you nice. Guess some people are just like that. Ill leave it at that and well see how. Maye we can both be nice.you caught him on his bad days..... LOL
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkK1XhvXYkcPZFVxtFEIXDzLyazrEpZ 8bu_jjWHY7ou9EHr2wi7w

Laurah1275
09-28-2012, 06:48 PM
Havent been on a different one, been travelling to other fans homes for tailgating events prior to games and I am not gonna be typing away on my laptop while I am at someone elses house.Oh well. Excuse me!

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Oh well. Excuse me!Really?
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSN6Aod15Og8iR4bmvovQJDLTm8Ox2PN uo4SUmehT2fIndLKblgkA

Die-Hard
09-28-2012, 07:08 PM
The times I used to message you, I never found you nice. Guess some people are just like that. Ill leave it at that and well see how. Maye we can both be nice.

I'm always nice until I'm given a reason not to be. I'm very patient and tolerant, and will always try to help out when it's asked for. Take that for what it's worth. It's 100% true and accurate. Act like a smart ***, and I guarantee that I'll be a smart *** in return. Sarcasm? Give it, and expect it in return.

Are we on the same page now?

Moke
09-28-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm always nice until I'm given a reason not to be. I'm very patient and tolerant, and will always try to help out when it's asked for. Take that for what it's worth. It's 100% true and accurate. Act like a smart ***, and I guarantee that I'll be a smart *** in return. Sarcasm? Give it, and expect it in return. Are we on the same page now?Yeah, sure. As long as you can do me and people with smartphones a solid and inquire about Tapatalk? I 100% know for a fact that you don't have to pay for it. Only fee is for those who want to buy the app to post.I can post from my phone when I want - which I'm doing, but the app works more fluid than the browsers PLUS sometimes you get more Internet with the app, better access. Was just a suggestion just in case. I think it was brought up anyway.Thanks.

Laurah1275
09-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Really?
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSN6Aod15Og8iR4bmvovQJDLTm8Ox2PN uo4SUmehT2fIndLKblgkAI have been misunderstood...I think?....BTW, what's with the constant pics in your posts?

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm always nice until I'm given a reason not to be. I'm very patient and tolerant, and will always try to help out when it's asked for. Take that for what it's worth. It's 100% true and accurate. Act like a smart ***, and I guarantee that I'll be a smart *** in return. Sarcasm? Give it, and expect it in return.

Are we on the same page now?Quit acting like...https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3ubeeOd0VFpu4ze0IdfGDCUCSxFd4C jL_pnD-7pAqpOYz35gEIALMAO

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 07:20 PM
I have been misunderstood...I think?....BTW, what's with the constant pics in your posts?

Fifty needs to upgrade to GIFS. JPG is so 2000.

The proper GIF for his statement above would be

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here.gif

Die-Hard
09-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Yeah, sure. As long as you can do me and people with smartphones a solid and inquire about Tapatalk? I 100% know for a fact that you don't have to pay for it. Only fee is for those who want to buy the app to post.I can post from my phone when I want - which I'm doing, but the app works more fluid than the browsers PLUS sometimes you get more Internet with the app, better access. Was just a suggestion just in case. I think it was brought up anyway.Thanks.

I'll be glad to address it with the appropriate people.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Fifty needs to upgrade to GIFS. JPG is so 2000.

The proper GIF for his statement above would be

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here.gifatleast my sig remains the same, yours has been DELETED, ask the mods.

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 07:27 PM
atleast my sig remains the same, yours has been DELETED, ask the mods.

It's free rule advertising for the mods. They should be thanking me after each post.

Laurah1275
09-28-2012, 07:28 PM
atleast my sig remains the same, yours has been DELETED, ask the mods.Aw c'mon Fifty, that was funny...don't be salty...learn to be able to laugh at yourself, it's a good quality to have :)

Moke
09-28-2012, 07:28 PM
I'll be glad to address it with the appropriate people.

Thanks.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Aw c'mon Fifty, that was funny...don't be salty...learn to be able to laugh at yourself, it's a good quality to have :)I laugh at myself. Actually not too worried about being laughed at. I am 40 and retired. Dont have to work, I can just sit here and post jpegs' all day long. Whats not to laugh at?

Laurah1275
09-28-2012, 07:43 PM
I laugh at myself. Actually not too worried about being laughed at. I am 40 and retired. Dont have to work, I can just sit here and post jpegs' all day long. Whats not to laugh at?Wow, look at you! That's great...I've got a ways to go yet :)

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Wow, look at you! That's great...I've got a ways to go yet :)Not unless you have a NY strip delivered to my house with all the trimmings.

Moke
09-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Why is this thread still being posted in?

derekunion28
09-28-2012, 10:28 PM
wow great reads... i can agree with all sides here lol