PDA

View Full Version : David Wilson waiting for opportunity....

Eliscruzzz
09-27-2012, 08:29 PM
I feel bad for the kid and he sounds a little embarrassed or mad I don't know but here you go http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/17720/wilson-waiting-for-another-opportunity

GameTime
09-27-2012, 08:30 PM
he will get his chance. he has no reason to be embarassed or mad or whatever. he is a rookie.....

jomo
09-27-2012, 08:31 PM
He sounds mature and realistic. He'll get his chance.

Eliscruzzz
09-27-2012, 08:41 PM
He sounds mature and realistic. He'll get his chance.I hope that he just understand that rookies rarely play on TC teams you really gotta be special I think it's a great opportunity for him to sit down and really understand what TC is looking for the rb to do in his system. He definitetly will get his chance I just hope he brings it the next time.

Cool Papa B.
09-27-2012, 09:00 PM
He'll get his chance. I'm sure coach Ingraham and TC gives him plenty of critiques on what he has to work on. I think sometime around the halfway point we'll see him get more carries.

GMan-67
09-27-2012, 09:13 PM
return a kick for a TD ... i like Wilson .. clearly a playmaker ... but the transition from College to Pros is like going from a Yugo to a Ferrari (sorry been watching too many car auction shows lately) :)

giantsfan420
09-27-2012, 09:19 PM
guy wants to compete. he's got a ton of pride. he sounds mature like others said. bradshaw didnt suddenly get a new body, he will be in n out action the entire season imo. Wilson will get more than enough opportunties to wow us. and i believe he will

Cloud57
09-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Is it just me or does Wilson look very small when he's on the field?

NYKiller
09-27-2012, 09:51 PM
David Wilson just need more NFL experience just like Eli needed to become to the QB he is today. Running behind Brown will help him tremendously.

GMan-67
09-27-2012, 10:12 PM
David Wilson just need more NFL experience just like Eli needed to become to the QB he is today. Running behind Brown will help him tremendously.

oh boy, SMALL in stature is what you want at RB ... you dont want all 11 defenders seeing you have the ball immediately ... the smaller the better, so long as you have incredible leg strength and a motor that never stops ... oh yeah and that vision helps too :) ... plus pass protect and ball security ... tough position, thankless position

Eliscruzzz
09-27-2012, 10:16 PM
oh boy, SMALL in stature is what you want at RB ... you dont want all 11 defenders seeing you have the ball immediately ... the smaller the better, so long as you have incredible leg strength and a motor that never stops ... oh yeah and that vision helps too :) ... plus pass protect and ball security ... tough position, thankless positionthis^^^^ he kinda reminds me of Rice....

BeatYale
09-27-2012, 11:22 PM
"Dre, he’s been here for a while, he knows all the plays, and I guess they’ve got more confidence in him. And then he went out there and he definitely took advantage of his opportunity."

"If I was the coach," added Wilson, "I probably would have done the same thing."

IMO that says a lot about why Brown instead of Wilson. You gotta know the offense well to get more snaps.

Buddy333
09-27-2012, 11:25 PM
I think the fans are the ones that are not being patient. Eli Manning did not start his rookie season. Nicks did not start his rookie season. JPP did not start his rookie season. He will get his chance. Just because he was a 1st round pick doesn't mean he will start or get half the carries.

gmenfan0488
09-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Once Wilson gets his feet under him more, he should get more snaps.

Joe Morrison
09-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Has only had a couple shots up till now, going to have a hard time finding more the way Brown is playing and Bradshaw coming back. He has to be patient an deal with it.

fansince69
09-28-2012, 06:49 AM
this^^^^ he kinda reminds me of Rice....

I was thinking same thing....Rice looks tiny out there....and he puts up great numbers

Redeyejedi
09-28-2012, 07:03 AM
Wilson for all his physical talent "Which is incredibly good" is not a very instinctual. If he cant learn how to read a defense and follow his blocks he will bust

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 07:10 AM
Wilson for all his physical talent "Which is incredibly good" is not a very instinctual. If he cant learn how to read a defense and follow his blocks he will bust

Yup. I had a feeling that the kid would hit a brick wall initially once he entered the NFL. It's good for us Andre Brown emerged so we don't have as huge a ? mark at RB without Bradshaw. I hope he's spending a lot of time in the film room watching some of the NFL's elite backs like Arian Foster and LeSean McCoy.