PDA

View Full Version : roddy & julio talkin.

Ballllinnnnnnn
09-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Watching Thursday night football and these guys are saying they are the best in the league. Even took a swype at nicks and Cruz.. Are they THAT good? I say no. Between roddy and Julio vs nicks and Cruz it comes down to the qb delivering the ball. Talent wise the duo's are so close, but Eli is a good deal better than Ryan. What do you think?

GmenFan1980
09-27-2012, 11:22 PM
I honestly was laughing. I never knew Receivers on the outside thought Slot receivers were *******

SackingMyths
09-27-2012, 11:27 PM
Yeah, they looked unstoppable when their O put up a goose egg against us in the Wild Card round...

Rudyy
09-27-2012, 11:30 PM
The slot receiver comment was stupid.
Cruz makes big time plays anywhere on the field, regardless if he's used in the slot.

giantsfan420
09-27-2012, 11:36 PM
you know why i have nicks n cruz as the best duo? bc unlike roddy and julio, BOTH our guys can be possession wr's AND legit deep threat/score from anywhere wr's. Roddy white can do both, Julio Jones is really just a big play type wr. if he doesnt get big plays, he goes catchless. i know this bc FF. He either has a huge like 4 catch 43 yd avg per catch, or 1 for 4 yds and no tds...hes still young tho. but at this moment nicks n cruz r 1

Eliscruzzz
09-27-2012, 11:36 PM
Roodey is a clown outside wr are tougher "my you know what" I always thought slot guys were tougher going across the middle and what he fails to realize is that Cruz can play both the least we can say for Roodey, JJ is a beast though but so is Nicks... I seemed to remember none of them scoring and remember Cruz and Nick. running past their D all day. Roodey should have been a wrestler.

giantsfan420
09-27-2012, 11:37 PM
yeah rudy. i didnt get how he could make that statement. completely inaccurate. granted he made more big plays from the slot, but he made a TON of big plays outwide

Giantz4Life
09-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Jones and White are right up there with the top receiver duos in the NFL. Are they better than Nicks and Cruz? That is a very difficult question to ask as they both have their own talents and specialties.

And for the record, what we did to Atlanta during the first round of the playoffs has nothing to do with the skill of either Atlanta receiver. Our defense just smothered that whole entire offense.

giantsfan420
09-27-2012, 11:38 PM
they both disappeared in the playoffs. they didnt even look like they belonged on the field

giantsfan420
09-27-2012, 11:39 PM
i beg to differ g4l. the "best wr duo" don't get shut out...vs ANY defense. maybe the best wr...not the best wr duo

Giantz4Life
09-27-2012, 11:40 PM
i beg to differ g4l. the "best wr duo" don't get shut out...vs ANY defense. maybe the best wr...not the best wr duo

Matt Ryan never had a chance vs that pass rush. Obviously, the QB has a big part to do with what the receivers can do.

Eliscruzzz
Jones and White are right up there with the top receiver duos in the NFL. Are they better than Nicks and Cruz? That is a very difficult question to ask as they both have their own talents and specialties.

And for the record, what we did to Atlanta during the first round of the playoffs has nothing to do with the skill of either Atlanta receiver. Our defense just smothered that whole entire offense.Yeah but if they were as dominate as they think they are they would have been able to do something I mean 2 points?????

giantsfan420
we only had 1 sack....

Eliscruzzz
09-27-2012, 11:42 PM
Cruz and Nicks to me are better they both are more versitile then both RW and JJ I haven't seen anything that has overly impressed me with these to guys besides some of the catches JJ made last year.Cruz or Nicks can take to the house any time they both play inside and out, they both can make the tough catches and they are both physical I don't even think White was in the top 10 last year was he????

Giantz4Life
09-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Lol if you guys don't want to give any credit to Jones and White that's fine.

I think they are a great receiver duo.

I'm not saying they are the best, but they are up there.

Giantz4Life
09-27-2012, 11:44 PM
we only had 1 sack....

1 sack does not mean there wasn't pressure on Ryan the whole game. I was at the game....he never had a chance

giantsfan420
09-27-2012, 11:46 PM
i know it doesnt mean we didnt get pressure. but i watched the game too. they moved the ball into our end like 3x and failed 4th downs. they moved the ball. their wr's just did not show up. and further, it wasnt as if matt ryan was unable to get any clean passes off cmon...can u remember the last time both nicks n cruz were shut down for 1 catch between them? thats all im saying

GmenFan1980
09-27-2012, 11:47 PM
we only had 1 sack....

I thought we had 2? Osi and Bernard ?

Giantz4Life
09-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Yeah that may be true, but they had 13 receptions between the two of them so I wouldn't go as far as to say that they were shut out like someone said before. Additionally, one game is not the measure we should be rating these guys. We played lights out defense all through the playoffs...we would have shut down anyone the way we were playing.

Eliscruzzz
09-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Lol if you guys don't want to give any credit to Jones and White that's fine.

I think they are a great receiver duo.

I'm not saying they are the best, but they are up there.No I said they weren't bad but they are not better then Nicks and Cruz and last year they didn't do anything at all in that playoff game and all I'm saying is if your going to be considered on of the best duos you gotta show up in the playoffs.... Cruz had that huge game against San Fran and was killing it against GB also Nicks had one of the best playoff runs that a wr can have that's where I seperate the the 4.

Eliscruzzz
09-27-2012, 11:53 PM
My bad roddy white was a top ten last year.

Giantz4Life
09-27-2012, 11:54 PM
No I said they weren't bad but they are not better then Nicks and Cruz and last year they didn't do anything at all in that playoff game and all I'm saying is if your going to be considered on of the best duos you gotta show up in the playoffs.... Cruz had that huge game against San Fran and was killing it against GB also Nicks had one of the best playoff runs that a wr can have that's where I seperate the the 4.

I didn't say they were better than Nicks and Cruz.

I simply said they should be in the discussion for top WR duos.

I knew I'd get argued with about this because essentially people are going to see it as me siding with them, however not the case at all.

I'm just saying.. just because they might be ****y about their abilities doesn't mean we should discredit them because of one playoff game.

Eliscruzzz
09-27-2012, 11:56 PM
I didn't say they were better than Nicks and Cruz.

I simply said they should be in the discussion for top WR duos.

I knew I'd get argued with about this because essentially people are going to see it as me siding with them, however not the case at all.

I'm just saying.. just because they might be ****y about their abilities doesn't mean we should discredit them because of one playoff game. I know you didn't you were just saying they are a good duo I gotcha ya just stating what I think....

ny06
09-27-2012, 11:56 PM
Roddy White & Julio Jones say they are the best.
Nicks & Cruz know they are.

Giantz4Life
09-27-2012, 11:57 PM
just stating what I think....

That's cool man...that's why we have these boards :)

SuperNYGiants
09-28-2012, 12:00 AM
Who da fuk cares what they think, they don't got a ring to back it up, they can keep talking all day long, nobody cares.

Eliscruzzz
09-28-2012, 12:01 AM
That's cool man...that's why we have these boards :) I agree with you then can be dangerous though to me they just have to do it in the playoffs and Julio is only in his second year so I know where your getting at they will be feared by many teams for a while....but not more then Nicks and Cruz lol...let's give them 2nd or maybe third behind lloyd and Welker they could put up serious numbers too.

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 12:03 AM
I agree with you then can be dangerous though to me they just have to do it in the playoffs and Julio is only in his second year so I know where your getting at they will be feared by many teams for a while....but not more then Nicks and Cruz lol...let's give them 2nd or maybe third behind lloyd and Welker they could put up serious numbers too.

I whole heartedly agree that when Cruz and Nicks (mainly Nicks lol) are both at 100% they are unmatched in the WR duo conversation.

Ballllinnnnnnn
09-28-2012, 12:03 AM
I think talent wise they are almost identical.

BeatYale
09-28-2012, 12:04 AM
1 sack does not mean there wasn't pressure on Ryan the whole game. I was at the game....he never had a chance

If you're saying their crappy performance on offense had nothing to do with Ryan you're wrong. There's more to it than snapping the ball, dropping back and throwing it. Setting protection, pre-snap reads, post-snap reads, figuring out who the hot read is if the defense is bringing pressure etc. etc. Ryan and his WRs had a bad game from what I saw. You can't just pin it all on their OLine.

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 12:07 AM
If you're saying their crappy performance on offense had nothing to do with Ryan you're wrong. There's more to it than snapping the ball, dropping back and throwing it. Pre-snap reads, post-snap reads, figuring out who the hot read is if the defense is bringing pressure etc. etc. Ryan and his WRs had a bad game from what I saw.

Lol find me the quote when I said that it had nothing to do with Ryan playing poorly. I simply did not include it in my response, and rather I chose to focus on our outstanding defensive effort. Yeah, they did have a terrible game from a team effort standpoint, but that doesn't mean our defense didn't have anything to do with it. You're preaching to the wrong choir here my friend.

Eliscruzzz
09-28-2012, 12:09 AM
I whole heartedly agree that when Cruz and Nicks (mainly Nicks lol) are both at 100% they are unmatched in the WR duo conversation. yes definitely they are both beasts..... roddy needs to give cruz a little more credit he's basically calling him soft.

Overdrive92
They also took a shot at Dez Bryant and Miles Austin. When asked if they were better than the Cowboys duo, they just burst into laughter.

JJC7301
Who cares what they think? They're on a team that is too soft to ever win a SB, their QB can't win a big one, the Giants shut them down in the playoffs last year, and everyone else in the world would take the Nicks/Cruz tandem over those two.

And they know it.

Ballllinnnnnnn
09-28-2012, 12:12 AM
They also took a shot at Dez Bryant and Miles Austin. When asked if they were better than the Cowboys duo, they just burst into laughter. lol I forgot to mention that in my original post. They even asked "are you serious" like they couldn't believe someone think dez and austin are better.

JJC7301
09-28-2012, 12:18 AM
lol I forgot to mention that in my original post. They even asked "are you serious" like they couldn't believe someone think dez and austin are better.
I have to agree with them on that one -- Bryant and Austin suck.

Giants5699
09-28-2012, 12:18 AM
Nicks is probably sending them game film from last year's playoff game.

BigBlue1971
09-28-2012, 12:32 AM

yea exactly! lol

you know watching the interview Roddy did hesitate some when they asked that question!

that told me if he had to think about it then yea Roddy, Nicks and Cruz are the best.

Rudyy
09-28-2012, 01:39 AM
Roddy and Julio are extremely good, nobody is saying they aren't. Thry just aren't better than Nicks and Cruz.

Marvelousmik
09-28-2012, 02:00 AM
Yeah but if they were as dominate as they think they are they would have been able to do something I mean 2 points?????

this

G-Men Surg.
09-28-2012, 02:09 AM
You have to prove it first and then you have to demostrate consistency. This last fact is what seperates the good players or one year wonders from the greatest . The never ending desire to be the best . I can truly say this two kids are way, way, way away from being the best.

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 02:14 AM
You have to prove it first and then you have to demostrate consistency. This last fact is what seperates the good players or one year wonders from the greatest . The never ending desire to be the best . I can truly say this two kids are way, way, way away from being the best.

You do know who Roddy White is right?

The guy hasn't put up less than 1,150 yards receiving and 80 receptions since 2007.

I don't think he is a top 3 WR in the NFL, but the guy is a shining example of consistency.

Julio is in his 2nd year, but I think he'll be very dominant.

Cruz and Nicks are better, but these guys are a top 2 - 3 WR duo in the league IMO.

GiantWarfare
09-28-2012, 04:11 AM
Roddy's an idiot for pigeon-holing Cruz as simply a slot receiver. Cruz is great in the slot but dude is still a playmaker on the outside, and can be just as devastating to defenses from the sidelines as he is when in the slot.

And although Roddy and Julio make a damn good WR duo (I'll give em 2nd place), I think Nicks and Cruz are the best tandem in the league.

tonyt830
09-28-2012, 06:38 AM
Watching Thursday night football and these guys are saying they are the best in the league. Even took a swype at nicks and Cruz.. Are they THAT good? I say no. Between roddy and Julio vs nicks and Cruz it comes down to the qb delivering the ball. Talent wise the duo's are so close, but Eli is a good deal better than Ryan. What do you think?until the Falcons can win a playoff game, I don't put too much stock into what any of their players have to say. Lets see where the Falcons are at come January. Should they make the playoffs, let see if they can get passed the divisional round.

fansince69
09-28-2012, 07:44 AM
Honestly...I do not think it really matters who is the best or who thinks they are the best or who the talking heads think is the best....I think there are way too many fans that seem to take it way too personally when anyone claims they are better than any one on the Giants
Oh no.. someone said they are better than Eli
oh no.. someone said they are better than Cruz and Nicks
If white and Jones were on the team you were rooting for ...would you be disappointed if they didn't think they were the best?
all athletes have to have the belief they are the best or they aren't very competitive....
All that really matter is who wins...period

the rest is just talk and means nothing

Redeyejedi
09-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Roodey is a clown outside wr are tougher "my you know what" I always thought slot guys were tougher going across the middle and what he fails to realize is that Cruz can play both the least we can say for Roodey, JJ is a beast though but so is Nicks... I seemed to remember none of them scoring and remember Cruz and Nick. running past their D all day. Roodey should have been a wrestler. Cruz short arms in the middle of the field all the time. He rarely ever fully extends for the ball. It keeps him healthy though so its not that big of a deal. Nicks is a maniac and might be the most physical receiver in the NFL

bigblue58
09-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Watching Thursday night football and these guys are saying they are the best in the league. Even took a swype at nicks and Cruz.. Are they THAT good? I say no. Between roddy and Julio vs nicks and Cruz it comes down to the qb delivering the ball. Talent wise the duo's are so close, but Eli is a good deal better than Ryan. What do you think?

They were football players? I was channel surfing and I saw them and thought it was the Milli Vanilli episode of "BEHIND THE MUSIC"!

SweetZombieJesus
09-28-2012, 08:20 AM
Watching Thursday night football and these guys are saying they are the best in the league. Even took a swype at nicks and Cruz.. Are they THAT good? I say no.

Did they even play in that 24-2 spanking in the playoffs?

Redeyejedi
09-28-2012, 08:56 AM
When I was watching the Giants Falcons game all I could think was if we could just stop Roddy and Julio we might not need to score 3 points to win

OX1
09-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Yeah that may be true, but they had 13 receptions between the two of them so I wouldn't go as far as to say that they were shut out like someone said before. Additionally, one game is not the measure we should be rating these guys. We played lights out defense all through the playoffs...we would have shut down anyone the way we were playing.

Once you self label yourself the best WR duo, you better be able to completely bail out your QB during any game.
Why didn't they both get wide open in the flats for their pressured QB??

Mercury
09-28-2012, 09:24 AM
There's not a lot of difference between them talent-wise. I think we would all agree that they are the two best tandems in the NFL.

What we have is a better team than the Falcons. We had the defense to shut them down. As a team, we are #1. Who has the best QB, who has the best WR tandem, doesn't really matter. (Megatron is better than all four of them anyway. Not that it matters.) What matters is who is the most complete team.

Medisleman
09-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Did anybody notice them calling Flacco "elite" last night. After they all refused to call Eli elite last year, I thought calling that Choker Flacco elite was a joke. Flacco, Sanchez, and Romo are all identical choker QBs.

Ballllinnnnnnn
09-28-2012, 09:45 AM
When I was watching the Giants Falcons game all I could think was if we could just stop Roddy and Julio we might not need to score 3 points to win Best reply yet

Rudyy
09-28-2012, 09:48 AM
I just don't see how they are "better". What makes them better?

TheAnalyst
09-28-2012, 09:58 AM
They are still bitter from last years embarressment

BlueReign
09-28-2012, 10:11 AM
They're feeling their oats. They'll get put in their place soon. Sometimes people need a reminder.

Husky
09-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Nicks and Cruz are in their heads! Where were they in last years playoff game, on a milk carton?

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Honestly...I do not think it really matters who is the best or who thinks they are the best or who the talking heads think is the best....I think there are way too many fans that seem to take it way too personally when anyone claims they are better than any one on the Giants
Oh no.. someone said they are better than Eli
oh no.. someone said they are better than Cruz and Nicks
If white and Jones were on the team you were rooting for ...would you be disappointed if they didn't think they were the best?
all athletes have to have the belief they are the best or they aren't very competitive....
All that really matter is who wins...period

the rest is just talk and means nothing

Exactly. People are getting all butthurt because Roddy and Julio think they're the best. Of course they do...

fansince69
09-28-2012, 11:51 AM
Exactly. People are getting all butthurt because Roddy and Julio think they're the best. Of course they do...

Why would anyone be surprised that a professional athlete thinks that way?...if they didn't think that, they would never get to where they are

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 11:53 AM

Only Giants players are allowed to be confident. Every other team must bow down to the Big Blue.

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Once you self label yourself the best WR duo, you better be able to completely bail out your QB during any game.
Why didn't they both get wide open in the flats for their pressured QB??

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt128/mansionslippers/kVUmd.gif

Where were Nicks and Cruz to bail out Eli during our loss to the Cowboys?

Oh that's right Cruz dropped 4 incredibly huge wide open catches, and Nicks got blanketed by a rookie CB.

Even the best are off their game sometimes.

fansince69
09-28-2012, 12:06 PM

Oh that's right Cruz dropped 4 incredibly huge wide open catches, and Nicks got blanketed by a rookie CB.

Even the best are off their game sometimes.

banned for blasphemy

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 12:09 PM
banned for blasphemy

It's a one-way street in Giants land

EnragedYouth85
09-28-2012, 12:13 PM
It's a one-way street in Giants land

lol, it seems that way most of the time.

I personally think they are two very good WR's but if their going to talk about being better than someone maybe they should direct their thoughts elsewhere..

Rudyy
09-28-2012, 12:14 PM

Even the best are off their game sometimes. Wasn't Nicks injured?

pino
09-28-2012, 01:08 PM
They are suppose to feel that way, and they are a pretty good duo so it doesn't bother me at all. The fact that they mentioned Nicks and Cruz is a compliment and tells you how good our duo is too.

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Wasn't Nicks injured?

Not 100%, but if he's on that field I expect him to produce more against a rookie CB starting in his first NFL game who was also banged up. I think our receivers/team were just very off that night.

TroyArcher
09-28-2012, 03:21 PM
I honestly was laughing. I never knew Receivers on the outside thought Slot receivers were *******

Didn't Welker lead the league in receptions the past couple of years? Not bad for a slot receiver. Cruz was one of the most potent weapons in the NFL last year, again a slot receiver.

G-Men Surg.
09-28-2012, 03:49 PM
You do know who Roddy White is right?

The guy hasn't put up less than 1,150 yards receiving and 80 receptions since 2007.

I don't think he is a top 3 WR in the NFL, but the guy is a shining example of consistency.

Julio is in his 2nd year, but I think he'll be very dominant.

Cruz and Nicks are better, but these guys are a top 2 - 3 WR duo in the league IMO.
Roddy has done nothing in the playoffs when he had a chance to shine . Julio is a great talent but not enough sample to judge.
That been said I'm not crowning Nicks and Cruz but they been there and done that in the playoffs under extreme pressure and against great teams. All I'm saying is that is ridiculous of their part talk the talk when they haven't done the walk.

fansince69
09-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Roddy has done nothing in the playoffs when he had a chance to shine . Julio is a great talent but not enough sample to judge.
That been said I'm not crowning Nicks and Cruz but they been there and done that in the playoffs under extreme pressure and against great teams. All I'm saying is that is ridiculous of their part talk the talk when they haven't done the walk.

so you'd respect them more if they came out and said....WE suck

Rudyy
09-28-2012, 03:53 PM
so you'd respect them more if they came out and said....WE suck I don't think anybody cares that they say they're good..cause well, they are good. Very good. I just don't think they are better than Cruz and Nicks..and to say "oh Cruz is a slot guy lololz I'm on the outside, therefore I'm better" is asinine.

fansince69
09-28-2012, 03:57 PM
I don't think anybody cares that they say they're good..cause well, they are good. Very good. I just don't think they are better than Cruz and Nicks..and to say "oh Cruz is a slot guy lololz I'm on the outside, therefore I'm better" is asinine.

they are professional athletes of course they believe they are the best...it's just that attitude and ego that has gotten them where they are.......it doesnt matter if we think they are better or not better....all that matters is that they think they are......if you don't believe that I guess we agree to disagree

Rudyy
09-28-2012, 03:58 PM
they are professional athletes of course they believe they are the best...it's just that attitude and ego that has gotten them where they are.......it doesnt matter if we think they are better or not better....all that matters is that they think they are......if you don't believe that I guess we agree to disagree I see what you're saying, I just thought the Cruz comment was really stupid. Just my opinion.

fansince69
09-28-2012, 04:00 PM
I see what you're saying, I just thought the Cruz comment was really stupid. Just my opinion.

again they are athletes ...there is no guarantee that IQ points directly correlate to athletic ability

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 04:01 PM
The slot receiver comment was stupid not because of Cruz but because of their teammate Harry Douglas. He's been one of the better slot guys in the league for years now and I'd be kinda ticked off hearing them talk crap of what he does for a living.

Rudyy
09-28-2012, 04:01 PM
again they are athletes ...there is no guarantee that IQ points directly correlate to athletic ability Well of course not, look at Michael Vick lol.

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 04:02 PM
I see what you're saying, I just thought the Cruz comment was really stupid. Just my opinion.

It totally was a stupid comment. Roddy White is not the brightest guy in the world. Cruz scored many touchdowns lined up on the outside, and the fact that he plays the slot so well just shows his amazing versatility.

When Calvin Johnson is not getting any plays on the outside they throw him in the slot to get him going since he is such a mismatch for that slot corner. Same with Cruz.

Fharcyde
09-28-2012, 04:47 PM
They're definitely one of the best tandems in the league. You could make an argument for any of the league's top duos as the best, but it all comes down to a matter of opinion. This isn't much different than Eli claiming to be elite. The whole slot receiver comment was belittling though.

moosedrool
09-28-2012, 07:47 PM
When one and done Roddy White wins a playoff game (he's 0-3 in the playoffs) maybe he can open his mouth. And he led the league in dropped passes last year with 15. What a jerk.

Redeyejedi
09-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Only Giants players are allowed to be confident. Every other team must bow down to the Big Blue.Its fine to say your the best but no reason to degrade other players. U hear Nicks taking shots at WR's

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Its fine to say your the best but no reason to degrade other players. U hear Nicks taking shots at WR's

Oh no, I agree with that 100%. My comment though was in response to how some people seem to get upset anytime non Giants have any confidence in themselves.

CowboysSuck
09-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Oh no, I agree with that 100%. My comment though was in response to how some people seem to get upset anytime non Giants have any confidence in themselves.

Your signature makes little to no sense.

On a related topic, Cruz said it best, "I have a ring back at home, I don't care what Roddy White has to say" ..Classic classy insult

brad
09-28-2012, 11:12 PM

Exactly, when you're the best you don't have to try to convince anyone.... :)

Roddy and Julio are a great duo, but until they can prove it in the post season, they are just guys with big numbers in the regular season.

Signature NYG
09-28-2012, 11:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMkjloNVKHE

ELI_HOF_NYG
09-29-2012, 02:46 AM
Talk is cheap,,we stomped that A** in the playoffs last year.

Drez
09-29-2012, 02:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMkjloNVKHE
If a team wants to have a special little dance, then they need to be prepared to have it mocked by opponents that are dominating them.

appodictic
09-29-2012, 03:07 AM
Id rather have a ring then the best reciever doe. Ask fitze and bolden what being the best doe means. absolutely fricken...nothing,

titwio
09-29-2012, 01:22 PM
New York Giants’ Victor Cruz Responds to Atlanta Falcons’ Roddy White: “I Got a Ring at Home”

"I couldn't care less about what anybody else has to say," Cruz told the Star-Ledger (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/falcons_roddy_white_takes_a_ja.html#incart_flyout_ sports). "I got a ring back at home. I don't care about what Roddy White (http://www.giants101.com/tag/roddy-white/) has to say."
http://www.giants101.com/2012/09/29/new-york-giants-victor-cruz-responds-to-atlanta-falcons-roddy-white-i-got-a-ring-at-home/

jomo
09-29-2012, 01:26 PM
When one and done Roddy White wins a playoff game (he's 0-3 in the playoffs) maybe he can open his mouth. And he led the league in dropped passes last year with 15. What a jerk.Did he also say that the Giants didn't beat the falcons, the falcons beat themselves?

BlueReign
09-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Confidence is cool, but why take a shot at Cruz? Clearly the Giants are on Roddy's mind. Can't take the ***-whoopin' like a man?

Rudyy
09-29-2012, 01:45 PM
I don't understand something..

So Roddy can talk about how him and Julio are the number one tandem in the league and it's confidence. But if any of our players say they are the best at something, or talk about another opponent, it's "trash talk" and how our players need to shut their mouths..

G-Men Surg.
09-29-2012, 03:08 PM
so you'd respect them more if they came out and said....WE suck
No, IMO they can say whatever they want about themselves but he took a direct shot at Victor ( not the first time by the way ). Anything goes for fun but it obvious Roody has a beef with Victor. What's the beef ? I don't know but my uneducated guess is that he is plain and simple jealous of Cruz .

miked1958
09-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Dummies are the kings of great regular seasons and tanking in playoffs. We so it to other way around and have the hardware to prove it

rainierjef
09-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Am i the only one that doesn't see a problem with what they said?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000067343/article/roddy-white-victor-cruz-trade-some-smack-talk

Rudyy
09-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Am i the only one that doesn't see a problem with what they said?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000067343/article/roddy-white-victor-cruz-trade-some-smack-talk I don't care if they think they are the best, but to call out Cruz and say OH HE'S A SLOT GUY LOLOLZ WIMP, was pathetic.

rainierjef
09-29-2012, 05:41 PM
I don't care if they think they are the best, but to call out Cruz and say OH HE'S A SLOT GUY LOLOLZ WIMP, was pathetic.
better than just completely laughing and asking "are you serious?" when compared to dez and austin lol. To some degree of credit he did start off with "I'm not taking shots are no body," before he he said the victor cruz comment. And i think, just an assumption, he was going off of what Cruz did last year; where he killed primarily out of the slot. This year he will prove he can play on the outside, just has to show the same production from both positions. I can see why it would make some hot though, i just didn't care or flinch too much when he said whatever he said to make others hot on here.

i'll finally get to enjoy the chat room with you guys tomorrow, and hopefully not get called him mid game.

Rudyy
09-29-2012, 05:48 PM
better than just completely laughing and asking "are you serious?" when compared to dez and austin lol. To some degree of credit he did start off with "I'm not taking shots are no body," before he he said the victor cruz comment. And i think, just an assumption, he was going off of what Cruz did last year; where he killed primarily out of the slot. This year he will prove he can play on the outside, just has to show the same production from both positions. I can see why it would make some hot though, i just didn't care or flinch too much when he said whatever he said to make others hot on here.

i'll finally get to enjoy the chat room with you guys tomorrow, and hopefully not get called him mid game. I understand, but regardless of if he was a slot guy or an outside guy doesn't make Roddy any better than he is. I guess that's all I was trying to say.

See you in the chat tomorrow!

Ruttiger711
09-29-2012, 06:03 PM
I don't care if they think they are the best, but to call out Cruz and say OH HE'S A SLOT GUY LOLOLZ WIMP, was pathetic.

He didnt call out Cruz - Irvin asked directly about Nicks and Cruz - big difference IMO.

Rudyy
09-29-2012, 06:06 PM
He didnt call out Cruz - Irvin asked directly about Nicks and Cruz - big difference IMO.Regardless, his reasoning was stupid.

moosedrool
09-29-2012, 06:08 PM
If I was Michael Irvin I would have asked Roddy "Do you still think your are the best tandem even though you led the NFL with 15 dropped passes last year?

Parademon
09-29-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm sure some of the drops were the QB's fault cuz they were thrown too high or too low, none hit him in the numbers. IMO, I could care less if they have 20TDs & 2000 yds as long as our WRs are playing in the SB. Today's WRs are just concerned with the own personal numbers & not if the receptions result in a W. Great HOF WRs such as Fred Belitnikof & Lynn Swann never had the amount of rec or yds in a single season that todays WRs get. They didn't whine & cry that all they caught were 3-4 balls for 70yds in a game, as long as they contributed to the W, that's all that mattered.

Today, people say a WR stinks if all he catches is 4 passes for 70yds, even in a win.

EnragedYouth85
09-29-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm sure some of the drops were the QB's fault cuz they were thrown too high or too low, none hit him in the numbers. IMO, I could care less if they have 20TDs & 2000 yds as long as our WRs are playing in the SB. Today's WRs are just concerned with the own personal numbers & not if the receptions result in a W. Great HOF WRs such as Fred Belitnikof & Lynn Swann never had the amount of rec or yds in a single season that todays WRs get. They didn't whine & cry that all they caught were 3-4 balls for 70yds in a game, as long as they contributed to the W, that's all that mattered.

Today, people say a WR stinks if all he catches is 4 passes for 70yds, even in a win.

IMO, 9 times out of 10.. if the ball hits the hands it should be caught..

Parademon
09-29-2012, 06:46 PM
Maybe I should have been more specific. I meant to say that I'm sure those would be his reasons why he dropped some of the 15 balls. Which IMO, again, a WR is paid to catch any pass within his reach. Jerry Rice used to say that if the ball is within reach of your hands, you should make the catch! High throw, low throw, whatever, if it hits your hands, make the catch. Sometimes the QB is gonna get off a throw under enormous pressure & the pass won't be a picture perfect pass to the numbers. Perfect example would be Eli's throw to Tyree in the SB, The throw was thrown under tremendous pressure, but was within reach of his hands & he came down with what will forever be known as the helmet catch, though it was a hand/helmet catch. That Eli was even able to throw that ball where he had the opportunity to even make that catch is a credit to Eli's great QB skill. Most QBs woulda thrown the ball away or thrown the ball to high or low. Or got sacked.

EnragedYouth85
09-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Maybe I should have been more specific. I meant to say that I'm sure those would be his reasons why he dropped some of the 15 balls. Which IMO, again, a WR is paid to catch any pass within his reach. Jerry Rice used to say that if the ball is within reach of your hands, you should make the catch! High throw, low throw, whatever, if it hits your hands, make the catch. Sometimes the QB is gonna get off a throw under enormous pressure & the pass won't be a picture perfect pass to the numbers. Perfect example would be Eli's throw to Tyree in the SB, The throw was thrown under tremendous pressure, but was within reach of his hands & he came down with what will forever be known as the helmet catch, though it was a hand/helmet catch. That Eli was even able to throw that ball where he had the opportunity to even make that catch is a credit to Eli's great QB skill. Most QBs woulda thrown the ball away or thrown the ball to high or low. Or got sacked.

I see what your saying, Roddy would just blame his QB's.. lol

That play was amazing, I don't care how lucky someone says it was.. I was running and screaming around my house that day. My friend that was watching it with me that year was a boys fan and if you remember that had TO that year and we beat them as the top seed. So I took some popcorn and threw it in his face like TO would lol...

drewz
09-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Roddy White with 2 drops in the red zone today lmao

tonyt830
09-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Roddy White with 2 drops in the red zone today lmaoI guess Roddy White is not always a big boy. He was just lined up in the slot and caught a TD. So much for his talk of big boys line up on the outside when speaking of Cruz---LOL!!

The Falcons have a lot to prove before I become a believer in them. They need to win a meaningful game in January before they boast too much.

Ruttiger711
09-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Roddy White with 2 drops in the red zone today lmao

its not like 2tds and nearly 100 yds in the first half is bad... cmon.... and if youre talking about the pass that was behind him that he got a hand on a drop - we're getting a little nit picky here...

Ruttiger711
09-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Julio Jones does not get both feet down that would have put ATL in field goal range....

seems like our former #3 could have given you some lessons JJ!

BMW
09-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Falcons are overrated like always and the panthers are a joke.

TheEnigma
09-30-2012, 05:25 PM
I don't know about duo but you have to give Matt Ryan and Roddy White mad respect after that game.

drewz
09-30-2012, 05:25 PM
its not like 2tds and nearly 100 yds in the first half is bad... cmon.... and if youre talking about the pass that was behind him that he got a hand on a drop - we're getting a little nit picky here...

First off, that post was in the first quarter on the Falcon's second redzone trip. He dropped one where he got lit up, and dropped another in the endzone.

But that was the first quarter, he's played a great game and made some big catches. Falcons are still overrated tho

Sundown
09-30-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the Falcons get smacked around especially Roddy White. Humility will be coming soon.

miked1958
09-30-2012, 06:29 PM
They lucked out today. Eeked out a a last second win with FG to win by two pts 30-28..

miked1958
09-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt mighty Atlanta play the same team today that the depleted giants blew out 36-7 last Thursday? Lol

Drez
09-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt mighty Atlanta play the same team today that the depleted giants blew out 36-7 last Thursday? LolYou know everything goes out the window in divisional games.

OX1
09-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Yapping up their Defense on NFl network, yet they just gave up 28 points and barely won??

miked1958
09-30-2012, 07:14 PM
You know everything goes out the window in divisional games.Very true

Cool Papa B.
12-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Had to bump this thread.

This game is finally here, and the talk is going to be about Nicks/Cruz vs. White/Jones. The Falcons hype machine has been quieted over the last few weeks. My gut is telling me that Nicks/Cruz will have a beast of a game.

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 09:51 AM
It would have been much better if Nicks was healthy. There are some articles where he is saying he feels better but every time he gets up he looks like he is hiring. I am not putting him down. I think he is a great WR and a game changer. He doesn't look healthy though. If he was healthy he may have had over 200 yards yesterday.

miked1958
12-10-2012, 01:02 PM
we catch them at a good time. even though they lost to carolina they are in a mode where they a locked into a playoff spot no matter what and almost have HF locked up. Hopefully they come out with no sense of urgency and we jump on them early and they just give up and rest starters. We need the game and they dont. so i hope that comes into play as game goes on.

GiantGremlin
12-10-2012, 01:23 PM
we catch them at a good time. even though they lost to carolina they are in a mode where they a locked into a playoff spot no matter what and almost have HF locked up. Hopefully they come out with no sense of urgency and we jump on them early and they just give up and rest starters. We need the game and they dont. so i hope that comes into play as game goes on.

It really just depends - hopefully yesterday was a start of a let down for them, have to think they'll be motivated to beat the Giants after last year, not to mention that dome will be loud.

Cloud57
12-10-2012, 01:30 PM
they will play the giants like it's a playoff game

crooza172
12-10-2012, 01:41 PM
They will not lay down...esp after last years playoff game. This team is not as good as their record shows (easy schedule) but they will still give it all the have. I honestly don't want them to lay down. To be the best you gotta beat the best. Who's the defending superbowl champs anyway?